What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Marriage

Comments

• Options
    goldenlion619goldenlion619 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Along with Marriage, we should have the ability to sweep the floor, vacuum, wash dishes, do laundry, cook dinner, take a bath/shower, pick our nose/teeth/bottom, clean our back sides, trim our nails, floss, brush our teeth, rinse with mouth wash, comb our hair, wash our hair, put on perfumes and deodorants, sweat, but none of that matters because this is a STARTREK game, not the SIMS.

Nothing wrong with emersive game play, EA does make millions off the Sim games. As sandbox mmos are making a come back, we will see more of this in them. Its optional anyways to do it but I feel we should get other things that have been ask for first , most likely we won't see any of it.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Shockingly enough, I'm all for this idea.

PWI has it, so does swordsman that I know of for sure from the PWE catalog. Other games? Lineage, Lineage 2, Ragnarok Online, ESO.. there are a lot of games that add this type of social aspect to their game.

You gotta remember that these games are called MMORPG so it makes sense. Now, that said I wouldn't want any kind of super zomg buff attached to it, but sure maybe some special emotes and the teleport to spouse type of system (with a 1hr cooldown or more) I could get behind it.

That alllllllllll said - Lets keep religion and politics out of this kthx or I'll start having to smack people :(
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think marriage should earn a mini-me doff that constantly pops up in my screen during gameplay. She's very cute and all that. But she's incredibly high maintenance.

And the replicator cost for diapers is insane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nothing wrong with emersive game play, EA does make millions off the Sim games. As sandbox mmos are making a come back, we will see more of this in them. Its optional anyways to do it but I feel we should get other things that have been ask for first , most likely we won't see any of it.

I would rather Cryptic build out before they build in. I want to see the Q continuum, I want to see Borg space, I want to see more fluidic space, I want to see the races culture and historical places beyond a single mission before I want to get hitched.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I think marriage should earn a mini-me doff that constantly pops up in my screen during gameplay. She's very cute and all that. But she's incredibly high maintenance.

And the replicator cost for diapers is insane.

Right? Make it a timed activity like disarming mines like "Burp Baby", "Change Baby", "Feed Baby", "Rock Baby", "Sing to Baby".

For each you get baby rep, and with baby rep you get to buy a high tech crib, and high tech rocker, high tech pacifiers, and bottles.

Mark 12 Ultra Rare Rocker reduces change times by 5%, and increases sleep duration by 20%
  • Options
    goldenlion619goldenlion619 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would rather Cryptic build out before they build in. I want to see the Q continuum, I want to see Borg space, I want to see more fluidic space, I want to see the races culture and historical places beyond a single mission before I want to get hitched.

I agree with that. What I want is the discovery of the unknown, and true feeling of exploring space. Exploration is a hot button topic right now. I really don't know what they plan to do or its even possible but to me that is a major aspect of Star Trek that is missing.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Right? Make it a timed activity like disarming mines like "Burp Baby", "Change Baby", "Feed Baby", "Rock Baby", "Sing to Baby".

For each you get baby rep, and with baby rep you get to buy a high tech crib, and high tech rocker, high tech pacifiers, and bottles.

Mark 12 Ultra Rare Rocker reduces change times by 5%, and increases sleep duration by 20%

Maybe I could accept hand me downs from my fleet mates. She won't remember that her clothing was vendor trash.

Edit: Wait, 20% more sleep is worth the grind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    Can we please have Marriage in this game?

Cross-gender,cross-species, crossfaction...

with the bonus that 2 married toons have soem sort of team/marriage buff if they are on the same map.

and with the ability to team up crossfaction when you both are married =)

I'll second that emotion! :P (oh, and ignore the snide remarks that will, no doubt, come from the Neo-Victorians... you know how THEY are :rolleyes:)
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Quite a few other MMOs have marriage systems.

I don't see why not really, if you really feel the need to get married in an MMO, go for it.
    Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.

*Pulls out revolver* I don't want to live on this server anymore...
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    majorone1majorone1 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think both Kirk and Picard lead by example on this subject. ;-)
  • Options
    gorillachopsgorillachops Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Babies?

Looks like i'll be busy then. You can reach me through Stafleet Medical for anti-natal care services.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You know what, why not?

It's not my bag, but I can see how it would be an extremely cool thing for some.

Don't think it should convey any benefits beyond, perhaps, a title, but as an idea it doesn't harm anyone.

Put a marriage broker on Drozana or something.

Dental could make a good living renting out the disco.
  • Options
    hawkhawkinshawkhawkins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It could be a special racial trait of denebulans that they can marry like 13 different characters... That's canon...

Also. Am I the only one who read the title of this thread and immediately followed up mentally with the phrase

'Is what bwings us. . . togebwah. . . today.'
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited July 2014
    If geko would have to chose betwen ingame marriage and pvp you'd get your marriage.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If geko would have to chose betwen ingame marriage and pvp you'd get your marriage.

As if marriage isn't PvP...
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    If marriage were to be involved in this game I'd would run for my life... I don't want my "Wife" to have access to all my stuff...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    If marriage were to be involved in this game I'd would run for my life... I don't want my "Wife" to have access to all my stuff...

Then there's the divorce: I want half, Eddie...
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If we do divorce, I want to take the King Henry VIII approach
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    aw gawd... that is all that gals want... marry a rich guy like moi and then divorce him for the most dumbest thing but of course they don't forget to demand half of the things...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    aw gawd... that is all that gals want... marry a rich guy like moi and then divorce him for the most dumbest thing but not forgetting a demand to get half of the things...

Get a Ferengi to do the prenup...
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Get a Ferengi to do the prenup...
    No thank you, they always want to do everything in deals... I don't feel like paying half of my latnium and then getting divorced then getting the half of what I got left taken...
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Shockingly enough, I'm all for this idea.

Now, that said I wouldn't want any kind of super zomg buff attached to it, but sure maybe some special emotes and the teleport to spouse type of system (with a 1hr cooldown or more) I could get behind it.

That alllllllllll said - Lets keep religion and politics out of this kthx or I'll start having to smack people :(

Emotes and a transport too function would be great. If this is added I would also want shared bank slot space and the ability to buy stuff in the cstore for your partner (I'd really much prefer a buy as gift option in the cstore over this though). It would also be cool if we could share dilithium and help each other out on Reputation research.

All this said, as of now if you want to be "married" too someone in this game you can just say so in the character bio, you don't need a whole system to say so and really that's just fine by me.
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Great, noe I have to go re-watch this :D
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    sle1989 wrote: »
    Emotes and a transport too function would be great. If this is added I would also want shared bank slot space and the ability to buy stuff in the cstore for your partner (I'd really much prefer a buy as gift option in the cstore over this though). It would also be cool if we could share dilithium and help each other out on Reputation research.

All this said, as of now if you want to be "married" too someone in this game you can just say so in the character bio, you don't need a whole system to say so and really that's just fine by me.

Sounds like a great reason for a brother and sister to get married, or getting married to your mom, or your dad, or yourself.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I, for one, would enjoy witnessing an Andorian binding (notice I didn't say mating) ritual of some kind in the Andor social zone. Four genders, ya know?

Of course, there is always that old chestnut about Betazoid weddings. Which would be consistant if STO wedding mechanics came to pass. *I* don't have a problem with that. But I know for this reason alone, it will never happen. A shame, really. :rolleyes:
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't think I'd like to see toons being "married" tbh. Though if a married couple or whatever were playing together, I suppose an account flag that gave them a small buff when teamed together in pve wouldn't be too out of order. Though administering it might be problematic.
    How would cryptic know that a couple were actually together so that they could set the flag? The support teams can't very well go through marriage records or come to your house and interview you or anything can they?

Unless you watched the 'ceremony' how would you know they were married?

I suspect the OP got this idea from Elder Scrolls Online. You can use the Rings of Mira to become 'married' and from there on out whenever the two are grouped for content they receive a major boost in XP.

The only down side is. You cant say get married, divorce and then marry someone else. Once you use the Rings. Its a done deal.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray