test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game taken out of Steam.

Comments

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Steam fanboys...:rolleyes:

(this is in no way an endorsement of Arc)

take a 60$ that can go on sell for some times as low as 10$ does ARC have that will ARC ever have games like Assassin's Creed - Elder Scrolls - Total War - i could keep going
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    take a 60$ that can go on sell for some times as low as 10$ does ARC have that will ARC ever have games like Assassin's Creed - Elder Scrolls - Total War - i could keep going

Wal-Mart, GameStop, Amazon...I could keep going. ;)
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Game Stop, lol, that made my day
    GwaoHAD.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don worry, im pretty sure it is a temporary TRIBBLE up. Most people hates arc and they dont want to get rid of steam and place arc instead. If they force the players to do that, A LOT of players will stop playing the game, im sure of it , and i will need to think seriously if i am not one of those, even if i dont use steam.

Because that step will mean that definitely these guys dont care at all about their customers. And i dont want to play in a game with such comanies behind. But as i said, dont worry im sure it is just temporary.

you think any of that of what you stated makes any difference to PWE? if it was a glitch fine, but if it was pulled and not coming back then they are confident their own online service can do the job in much the same way EA have done with origin and if anyone wants to play STO they either go through ARC or leave it alone with no middle answer. if the latter is the case then the answer on ARC is now known and is gonna be set for expansion 2 i would imagine.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited June 2014
    Calm down Harvey, its just a glitch
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited June 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Game Stop, lol, that made my day

Sometimes I miss going into an Egghead...
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So in short PWE ( The Lie Factory ) has lied again

Im still running the old client on my laptop but this thread would explain why i cant play STO via steam on my desktop WHICH i have steam on aswell as STO via steam
    edited June 2014
    Calm down Harvey, its just a glitch

as stated, if it was a glitch. then again it could also be a contract negotiation taking place and the game is in holding and pulled for the moment.
    edited June 2014

Im still running the old client on my laptop but this thread would explain why i cant play STO via steam on my desktop WHICH i have steam on aswell as STO via steam

So in short...

Some folks are fine, able to do everything other folks say they can't.

Let's grab a basket of goodies to enjoy this picnic.
    as stated, if it was a glitch. then again it could also be a contract negotiation taking place and the game is in holding and pulled for the moment.

And you complained about the rumor thread? Lol...
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I guess you're one of those people who read reactionary titles from people who barely understand how to turn on their computer and then believe them without even bothering to read any other posts or checking yourself.

The blind leading the blind.
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All you need is 3 files to get STO up and running from scratch.

CrypticError.exe
    dbghelp.dll
    Star Trek Online.exe

I keep them tucked away in a 4 Mb zip file for cases when I want to redownload the entire game from scratch.

No Steam no ARC.

Just copy those files from your install to your friends PC and good to go.
    You can even run STO from a Flash drive or external HDD.
    edited June 2014
    So in short...

Some folks are fine, able to do everything other folks say they can't.

Let's grab a basket of goodies to enjoy this picnic.

Im not complaining just saying that PWE lied about arc not affecting steam

as for me im cool since the old client still works on my laptop and i get to play STO :)

Now for the picnic there had better be bacon or im sending in the tal shiar army ant devision :P
    edited June 2014
    And you complained about the rumor thread? Lol...

isnt it great, we humans are all hypocrites and im not gonna deny that fact that im just another one :P.

but it isnt exactly a rumor thread though, there is an issue but there isnt an answer yet. but if you want a proper rumor thread look no further then that garbage idea about cbs setting up a trek series with nothing around to show for it, not unless you like digging through sand to find a grain of salt on tatooine.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    you think any of that of what you stated makes any difference to PWE? if it was a glitch fine, but if it was pulled and not coming back then they are confident their own online service can do the job in much the same way EA have done with origin and if anyone wants to play STO they either go through ARC or leave it alone with no middle answer.

^^ People keep saying that. Much like ppl kept telling me we'd never quit over bugs. But I came very close this time, when the tray was all screwed up. I logged in to fulfill my rep requirements, but that was pretty much it: hadn't really played the game for weeks (nor bought anything).

See, this is never a rage-quit deal; more like a final straw event. So, by all means, keep telling me I won't quit over STO being pulled from STEAM. And, who knows, they may really find themselves without me, one day.

No need to believe me, btw; just sayin'.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited June 2014

If that was the case Steam would pull the game and all the packs till things are settled, and not offer the items for a price, they don't put things on hold for negotiations, they either keep games or pull them completely, like they have done 1,000 times.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited June 2014
    isnt it great, we humans are all hypocrites and im not gonna deny that fact that im just another one :P.

but it isnt exactly a rumor thread though, there is an issue but there isnt an answer yet. but if you want a proper rumor thread look no further then that garbage idea about cbs setting up a trek series with nothing around to show for it, not unless you like digging through sand to find a grain of salt on tatooine.

I thought the Netflix posting was a good one - sure, it was started a day or two late - but it was funny.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Im not complaining just saying that PWE lied about arc not affecting steam

as for me im cool since the old client still works on my laptop and i get to play STO :)

Now for the picnic there had better be bacon or im sending in the tal shiar army ant devision :P
    You have proof of that? If not, then try to stop being a fear monger.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jestersage wrote: »
    Tell that to the Chinese subscribers/owners/PWE that would prefer you to use their own stuff instead of an American made system (read: Steam)

be glad that it does not take 6 monthes to get any new contents.

How can you argue against a game plattform that is already an standard and have so many years behind like steam?? lol. They can prefer what they want, but that doesnt mean they are really wrong.. :P

If i use steam (like almost everybody, i presume) and i have a few games already installed, dont force me to use another front end to just play another game, thats ridiculous and stupid.
    edited June 2014
    If that was the case Steam would pull the game and all the packs till things are settled, and not offer the items for a price, they don't put things on hold for negotiations, they either keep games or pull them completely, like they have done 1,000 times.

you cant be completely sure of that but point taken. i dont really access steam so im not gonna pretend to know either.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2014

but only if you want box and all that TRIBBLE steam i dont need to gas up the car to go to a wal-mart game stop and ask for amazon you might have me their

steam is better then all you listed imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited June 2014
    You have proof of that? If not, then try to stop being a fear monger.

If i was trying to scare someone id be screaming DOOOOM THE GAME IS NOW BEEN DEAD!!

im only saying that STO isnt working on steam on my desktop but since i still have the old client on my laptop im good since its still works.

But as i meantioned PWE has lied in the past and it seems like this may be the case again

less you forget the whole ( ARC wont be a mandatory change) or did you forget
  • jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How can you argue against a game plattform that is already an standard and have so many years behind like steam?? lol. They can prefer what they want, but that doesnt mean they are really wrong.. :P

If i use steam (like almost everybody, i presume) and i have a few games already installed, dont force me to use another front end to just play another game, thats ridiculous and stupid.

http://kotaku.com/chinese-tv-inexplicably-uses-dota-2-documentary-footage-1589806255

You can dislike it. You can rage against it. You can say you will not contribute more to PWE. Those are logical and rational.

However, don't be so naive to think that your market = entire market. "Everybody" that does not include the Asian players is not "everybody". Don't forget that PWE at the end of the day is a Chinese company, and Chinese love to create their own standard, and on stuff like this, they can -- they do not care about foreign markets. Kinda like Facebook and Google is a "standard" like Steam, but in China, it's Baidu and other social networks that dominates.

Paraphrasing Surah: It's one thing to swim against the Stream. It's another thing to drain the entire stream.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    embrosil wrote: »
    Great work Cryptic, now we all can see that your promises that Arc will not affect Steam were far from the truth.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/9900/discussions/0/540743757949411659/

A friend of mine wanted to go back to STO, but guess what. Yes, he can not download the game via Steam. And in no way is he going to install Arc. And even if he installed it, he will NEVER give you his CC number, so he will not buy your Zen. That is what we have a Steam wallet for. That is one customer you have lost. How many more will it take till you realize that people, especially Steam users DO NOT WANT ARC.

This is a glitch.

if the game was truly gone from steam, the download button and store page wouldn't be there at all.
    edited June 2014
    jestersage wrote: »

What does this have to do with PWE, which is based in the U.S, and have to follow U.S laws? Is it because their parent company PW is in China? :confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If i was trying to scare someone id be screaming DOOOOM THE GAME IS NOW BEEN DEAD!!

im only saying that STO isnt working on steam on my desktop but since i still have the old client on my laptop im good since its still works.

But as i meantioned PWE has lied in the past and it seems like this may be the case again

You might want to know that I don't care what other players say about a certain aspect of the game. If it works for me, I use it, regardless of how some players may feel about it. Also, even if Arc does become mandatory, here's something I say about it: big whoop. If it happens, it happens... There's nothing you can do about it but stop playing (as if that'll show Cryptic that they're wrong).
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What does this have to do with PWE, which is based in the U.S, and have to follow U.S laws, is it because their parent company PW is in China? :confused:

Irrational fear of China is not normal. But on Xenophobia it is. Xenophobia, not even once.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2014

News Flash....

ARC, is NOT mandatory :eek:

I do not have STO in Steam, and I play it WITHOUT the ARC client :eek:
    PWE, did not lie... you can play STO with or without ARC.

I play with Raptr, because I'm a "leet haxor, uber time lord, known as G-O-D !!!!!!!" :D
    edited June 2014
    You might want to know that I don't care what other players say about a certain aspect of the game. If it works for me, I use it, regardless of how some players may feel about it. Also, even if Arc does become mandatory, here's something I say about it: big whoop. If it happens, it happens... There's nothing you can do about it but stop playing (as if that'll show Cryptic that they're wrong).

Hey you finally get my point grats!!

PWE has lied before and if its the case now yes it does irk my nerves why because i dont like being lied to.

If they were to come out right and say "Yes its off steam and you need ARC now to play" id be cool with that its they lying ive got issues with.

As far as ARC if the old client goes to pots then i might try ARC in the end aslong as i get to -play STO i dont care if its ARC , steam or the holy bible of gornology asong as i can play thats all that matters.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    But aren't the keys to our wallets the most efficient way to letting cryptic know whether they're on the right path or not?
    Sure, but hey, if the game isn't worth spending money on anymore... One has to wonder why it is getting played.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    the holy bible of gornology

Download link please. :D
    EnYn9p9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.