What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risa 2014 Feedback

Comments

• Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wonder if it's simply a design limitation, based on what I know of the engine they use.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1. first and foremost, more sand buckets

2. get rid of some of the more lame dance moves (runningman) and get some new ones. I would not mind seeing the Travolta moves from Sat Night Fever, and maybe the Electric Slide, some old school moves you see time to time. maybe even moves from the Time Warp

3. some non-timed exploration stuff. I know there are accolades out there already, but they are mostly from the floaters. Maybe an accolade / favor reward for climbing /exploring the volcano on foot?

4. any chance of scuba/swimming? I don't know if the engine can handle it.

5. allow either multiple eggs to be hatched at the same time or let us sell them. being bound sucks

6. I didn't see a bank/exchange/mail in the Promenade.
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    bbushwookiebbushwookie Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The current strategy i see is to jump off your board and grab the flag...which is a DQ during the race, is it not? Not a lot of thinking on the design.
    Space chatter is soothing~
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1. first and foremost, more sand buckets

Meh, they should just remove the time gated castle building altogether ... (5 instead of 2 Favors, and forcing everyone to fight over Buckets at the same time ... wow really ?) ... keep the 15min CD and always reward 5 Favors (or maybe more)

Right now it's just a ridiculous waste of time to do Sandcastles (especially with the competition over buckets) ... give us back the 2nd Horghan Hunt at XX:45 ...

PS : It's nice to take a 20min break without missing anything, though :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For this year can existing castle and boarding missions award more favors? Can doffing missions award favors also? Earning favors is slow going. Five favors for events is very small, and two favors for an event is but a tribble in a bucket

Oh, and the sandcastle optional does not give you anything.

The scenery is gorgeous.

Thanks for reading this.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Wow, I am legitimately surprised.... Am I really the only one in this thread who has noticed what the requirement is for the purple Doffs? :D

Nope. I actually thought I saw that the cost of the blue doffs were 600 favors (could have sworn I saw that price yesterday) but noticed a 200 favor price tag on them today.

I'd really like to see additional ways to earn more favors given the three types of Doffs.

Devs-

The value listed on the Comm Doffs is 100 ec instead of 1000 ec like the others.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Anyone know what is going on with the egg drops? I played for like 5 hours and got 1 egg.

My first egg drop was not saved in my inventory. I've picked up a few other eggs with a lot of playing.
  • Options
    cookiecupcakescookiecupcakes Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I love Risa! I haven't left Risa since the event started and i'm having a lot of fun hanging out there with my friends. I do have one question that maybe someone can answer. Is the "Lavender Highliner" board the same one that is floating above the small pool inside the promenade? It doesn't appear to be the same one but I don't really know for sure. If it isn't the same one, then which one IS it? To clarify i'm referring to the one that has different shades of purple swirls (with no other colors in it other than purple). If anyone knows anything let me know here or message me in game @cookiecupcakes. Thanks- I want it really bad!
    EEiLA7V.jpg
  • Options
    yellowalertyellowalert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nope. I actually thought I saw that the cost of the blue doffs were 600 favors (could have sworn I saw that price yesterday) but noticed a 200 favor price tag on them today.

So 600 for the blue and 3000 for the purples. (3 each)
    If I can get around to playing 2 hours a day and don't leave the island, that's like 15 days of Risa just for the DOFFs. Don't forget outfits or if I want to upgrade from a rental whatever.

Plus I got the message that we couldn't buy the purples until we had the Master Whatever accolade from completing all the other accolades.

The only real issue I have with the whole event is the lack of sand castle building areas. Plus they should award like 10-15 (15-20 during the event?) tickets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    just hop to stop immediately.

Anyways, mash F repeatedly. Usually works...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    onyxmonolithonyxmonolith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The powerboard event is very punitive to the 2nd place finisher, especially if the race is close. If both are going for the 1st place flag, the 2nd place flag almost always appears BEHIND the 2nd place finisher, meaning the second place finisher is probably not going to get a chance to get anything other than a 'finish' reward. Please at least have the 2nd and 3rd place flags spawn in the same place as the first place flag.
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Last year we've seen Lohlunat Favors going for crazy prices like 10k a piece. Meaning that if you wanted to get yourself a floater you had to dish out 10 Million EC. Due to this and the long time it took to get things Cryptic doubled the amount of rewards gained in the dance competition and the Horgahn hunt.

These days we've seen spikes of 50k plus. After the first hours the price settled in at 30k+ and today it's roughly around 22k+

Seriously Cryptic..... you introduce a ton of great new items and price them at a 1000 favors each and you do NOTHING about the amount of favors gained? It's pretty obvious what's going to happen isn't it? 5 favors for a p2w board race you'll loose anyway and 2-5 favors for building castles with no buckets around is not going to cut it. Seriously...... start thinking things through properly!

p.s. not that I mind all too much..... I made 60M+ of it. Just pissed off about the lack of brain in this.
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's called finish line for a reason guys!!!! The flag may have worked in the winter event (sort of......) but it definitely doesn't work for a high speed hoverboard race. Guess the old "do we have time to do this properly" question got the better of this yet again.............................
  • Options
    cha0s1428cha0s1428 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It sure is a good thing they ruined Tour the Galaxy to quell EC inflation :rolleyes:
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lots of threads were merged into one feedback thread as having it scattered allover the forums doesn't help any.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Needed to be deleted.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    It's called finish line for a reason guys!!!! The flag may have worked in the winter event (sort of......) but it definitely doesn't work for a high speed hoverboard race. Guess the old "do we have time to do this properly" question got the better of this yet again.............................

how does that make any difference? in the end your still racing around at speed and still need to tag the flag, some take their finger off the up/w key before they reach the flag to nab it after melting the f key (new keyboard anyone? :D), but now you got the same silly system on risa, your still racing around and you can still miss the finish flag.

in any event with the risa race, i would like to see more twists and turns, shake it up a bit, so the playing field depends on experience then outright speed on the boards. the whole race is to wide open, very little movement to another direction and the only real chance you have at that is between the two natural rock bridges near the rocks where as the ice race you had to time your movements correctly, some sharp corners and a stop start corner and in between are two longish straights and jump down. the powerboard race could do with more twists and turns. sort out the lucky ones from the bold and brave :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    landrydaelandrydae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Haven't found this anywhere else (my search skills probably suck) but I've found a problem with at least the new Risian Entertainer Doff. I'm unable to assign her to Active Ground Duty. I get a message telling me I can only have 1 of these abilities active, even though there is no other active Doff with the Emergency Power to Party ability. Hope the Devs fix this, otherwise I wasted 1,000 favors :(
  • Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    borthanius wrote: »
    I can just see the jockeys @ the Kentucky derby pulling up hard after they crossed the finish line & killing or crippling their horses in order to grab a flag. I can see the drivers @ the Indy 500 reaching out @ 250mph after they cross the finish line trying to determine who wins the race, regardless of who crossed the finish line first. Just more Cryptic nonsense. Get rid of the flags Cryptic, both @ the summer event & the winter event & put in a PROPER finish line. Also, fire the individual who came up with the ridiculous notion of the flags @ the end of the race.
    Jets landing on aircraft carriers have to grab a cable with a hook on their rear.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It may be a design limitation of the engine, but would would be better is if the flag all stayed in the same place. You aim for 1st and if you lose it's easier for someone else to snatch second as you are now out of position.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It may be a design limitation of the engine, but would would be better is if the flag all stayed in the same place. You aim for 1st and if you lose it's easier for someone else to snatch second as you are now out of position.
    This race seems to have kinda random flag locations too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    landrydae wrote: »
    Haven't found this anywhere else (my search skills probably suck) but I've found a problem with at least the new Risian Entertainer Doff. I'm unable to assign her to Active Ground Duty. I get a message telling me I can only have 1 of these abilities active, even though there is no other active Doff with the Emergency Power to Party ability. Hope the Devs fix this, otherwise I wasted 1,000 favors :(
    I suppose you probably have an entertainer on active duty in space? Probably one that goes "Mrowl?"....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    stephane2258stephane2258 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's cool to get it back, even if it's not summer yet! But there is a few things that could be improved.
    1 - Put an indication of what and when is the next event. Peoples have real life and it would be cool to know if we have time to do something in between events.
    2 - For my part, I find that there is too much downtime between event.
    3 - The sand castle event is fun, but the reward, 5 favors, for whatever you build, that not so cool.
    4 - Grabbing the flag at the end of the competitive race is not good with me. It's just frustrating to miss a place because you didn't grab it.
    5 - The horga’hn hunt end with one minute left. I may be able to complete it five time in 15 minutes, but not in 14.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited June 2014
    About Risa and the Art of Resorts

You spend a large portion of your first few visits to Risa figuring things out, which is completely inconsistent with a resort experience. How To, Where to Go, Schedule of Events, Where to Buy Stuff are the first things you encounter at a good resort, and unless I'm mistaken Risa is supposed to be the best resort in the known galaxy.

I'm older, and have visited some of the best resorts in the world. Heck, even cruise ships have better directions than Risa. Clearly the game designers are younger, and have yet to taste the fruits of their labours beyond a week in a bad Las Vegas hotel.

Making a visitor guess at what to do is the first rule of KILLING a resort.

Hoverboards are fun. Dancing needs new announcers. Admiral Tuvok Perhaps?

Now get off my lawn and turn down that music!

My Two Bits
    Admiral Thrax
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't be insulting. I didn't see no notifications for the Scavenger hunt this year.

There's a huge green one in the chat box every...oh wait, I think I found part of your problem.

Sorry you turned off the notification box, but then whose fault is that really? Grow some rhino hide already.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Proposal: Two races, with a lockout so you can only run one.

First, the normal race many of us are running just fine now.

Second, the "Special" race for the "differently F-key abled."

Problem solved. :D
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I dont think there's a proper way to do that with an MMO, due to latrency and stuff people cold still get there first and not win, just like now and complain some more.

P.S. this is how the winter race is as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I seem to remember one explanation from the winter event that claimed the PvP race worked like that because, while the server does know who made it there first, the players would never see it that way. When you play, you always see everyone a ways behind where they actually are.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,626 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    the fix is to have

FIN 1st 2nd 3rd in a 2-300 meter interval
    We Want Vic Fontaine