Install Arc
Options

PvPers, unite against the Dil Nerf!

Comments

• Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    marthita wrote: »
    The devs have been on a rewards and farming nerf rampage for a while now. Even doffing has taken hits. That combined with the game leaking players is why the market is in the state it is now.

I wonder why tighten dil farming though. They have to know most people will just do without, and the cost in people leaving is far greater. Or so I presume, none of us are anywhere near what an average STO player is.

So the question remains, is this the start of the downward spiral of STO? Or just another bit of milking the players? I haven't spent any money in forever, but what about the average player that everything is built around these days?
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have to agree that boycotting a non-PVP event is not the way to go .
    (and challenging Devs to PVP has too much of a "Yu-Gi-Oh" connotation for me to take it seriously .;))

You want to protest ?
    Turn the queues and OPVP and this forum into a ghost town .
    For a week , two weeks , however long you feel it's a positive action that is supported by the most .

The STF'ers mostly did this when S.7 debuted .
    Many wanted to play on sure , there was that itch that needed a scratch ... -- but the indignation felt by many , when Cryptic thought that they could just move rewards around the game randomly to content nobody wanted to play -- that arrogance + player outrage did it's job .
    If you can organize a PR campaign around it and have the Podcasts talk about your counter action (and not just the Dil nerf itself) , that'd also be good .

Unfortunately I witness and foresee the usual STO player behavior here :
    Apathy at best , being uninformed as the middle road and turning against the fellow player at worst .
    Plus choosing not to play (when you really want to) is a different kind of test , something that many gamers fail at .

Plus there is the 'Cryptic behavior' to deal with ... -- releasing unwelcome news on a Thursday , ignoring the rage on the forums on the weekends and by the time Monday comes along , most of the rage (in it's original potent form) has been exhausted and only a few players carry on in hopes that this will bring the change they desire .
    I've been around the block and raged about a few (too many) things , not to notice this behavior .

The devs have been on a rewards and farming nerf rampage for a while now. Even doffing has taken hits.

And this is true also ... but some of you may have not noted this since you're uber focused on PVP .
    This is not about Devs hating PVP , it's about one more poorly thought out fix by the Devs .
    Sadly this is about the Devs (or PW's) view of in-game economics ... , and in STO it's as poor to the player as the game's endgame content is .
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pvpers unite against the dil nerf! title of the thread, what came to mind a few sec after reading that was a bunch of sto pvpers with signs outside cryptic studios, on the signs phasers and disruptors crossed out, lol.

as for the thread, i couldn't really take it seriously to form a response.
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lol. Threads like this make me laugh. But this one is especially entertaining because someone is getting all worked up over the worst part of the game. PvP sucks. More than half of the playerbase doesn't even bother with it. Idk what you're complaining about. If its not about the dilithium, then why do you care that its getting nerfed? But please, continue with your plan. It will keep dumb players from getting in the way and bogging down my gameplay.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    This is so depressing.

and BS, because their metrics are TRIBBLE. they probably do big study's right after a new season launches, that ends up being full of new pve grinds. their metrics tell only who is pvping, not who would rather be. i never see opvp with less then 200 people in it online nowadays, those are all people that pvp, and many probably wouldn't see a point in staying if their was just the hollow pve to play
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    and BS, because their metrics are TRIBBLE.

It doesn't matter if its TRIBBLE or not, its how the owners like to measure things so Cryptic tows the line. Can't blame them for that, just as we can't blame people for leaving.

I've been logging in to do my daily rep project on my main... but these last 3 days or so I've been spending my time on another, recently launched game, and just a few hours before I wrote this the first iteration of the dogfighting module for Star Citizen was released. I hear its super buggy but I expect to see it stabilize by the weekend. Its looking like it'll soon be time for me to put STO in maintenance mode again and log in once every few weeks to check mail and respond to messages. That's one of the great aspects of STO, you leave for a months or even years and when you come back its easy and quick to catch up with all the new content.....
  • Options
    howlmothhowlmoth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    and BS, because their metrics are TRIBBLE. they probably do big study's right after a new season launches, that ends up being full of new pve grinds. their metrics tell only who is pvping, not who would rather be. i never see opvp with less then 200 people in it online nowadays, those are all people that pvp, and many probably wouldn't see a point in staying if their was just the hollow pve to play

The only way Cryptic is ever going to find out that they're wrong about their metrics for PvP-player purchases is if those PvP players stop playing entirely. So long as they remain, Cryptic knows it has you on an emotional rollercoaster, and its just a matter of time before they accidentally do something you approve of and get you to spend more money.

Saying: "I'm not going to quit, but I won't buy any more zen!" is worthless, and they know it. You ought to know it too.

So if you really want Cryptic to feel that cash loss from losing the PvP community, the PvP community has to be willing to stop playing until changes come. The down side to that is, they probably still won't ever come, which means you'll never play the game again.

From the perspective of those of us who already walked away from the game in hopes they'd realize this, those of you who remain are actually the people who are most responsible for them not seeing the truth. You don't want to stop playing, I get that. But I also get that you're the type of player who rewards Cryptic for a badly designed game. You're the type of player who says one thing, but does another. You show them it's okay for them to remain what they are because at the end of the day, you'll eventually cave in.

Cryptic makes a lot of money with minimal effort, and you are to thank for that. Maybe one day you'll figure it out.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    all of this because cryptic is a mediocre game developer who is unwilling or unable (most probable) to program decent PVP, they punish their own pvp'ers by taking away the only incentive for non-core pvpers to actually pvp by placing cooldowns on the maps... yup, definitely cryptic thinking

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tfomega wrote: »
    all of this because cryptic is a mediocre game developer who is unwilling or unable (most probable) to program decent PVP, they punish their own pvp'ers by taking away the only incentive for non-core pvpers to actually pvp by placing cooldowns on the maps... yup, definitely cryptic thinking

From the way so many threads out there are going...if they put in an event project where you fought in 9000 PvP matches you could unlock swimwear wherever you wanted...the queues would be bouncing nonstop! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    From the way so many threads out there are going...if they put in an event project where you fought in 9000 PvP matches you could unlock swimwear wherever you wanted...the queues would be bouncing nonstop! :rolleyes:

oh yes.. new risa swimwear after.. well, lets make it 100 pvp matches! yes, I see this!

• Options
    edited June 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Risian liner special console.

Emergency Party Transport!

Disables crew by distracting them with irresistible parties beamed onto target ship.

yeah.. non-core pvpers would definitely go for that.... distracting them with revealing swimsuit lines!

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For Ground PvP, they could add the option to target the swimwear...
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't think we should boycott the event, but I will protest while there. We should all make the ugliest characters in speedos like pakleds and name them something to do with the dil nerf.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For Ground PvP, they could add the option to target the swimwear...

Emergency power to Creep

I like it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They need to add this dance here.

EPTC.... can call in 2 alt universe yous to dance bump people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I don't think we should boycott the event, but I will protest while there. We should all make the ugliest characters in speedos like pakleds and name them something to do with the dil nerf.

Hm, i like your idea. I might park my 2 meter tall tellatite sci there.
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    giotariz wrote: »
    Hm, i like your idea. I might park my 2 meter tall tellatite sci there.

...don't forget ur discoballs and party equipment ^^ >)...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    wast33 wrote: »
    ...don't forget ur discoballs and party equipment ^^ >)...

hmmm.... me likes... *evil laugh* BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAH *eviler laugh*
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    marthitamarthita Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Many fleets also organize private matches and they do all sorts of interesting stuff... Shuttles, or some silly all out brawl lol.

Anyway, opvp is quiet nowadays and I'm not surprised at all.

Kax keeps things interesting with her crazy way of writing and setting up matches daily. That's about it for PvP. The queues take a long time, even when supposedly, having joined queues was going to fix that. Heck, now I see even more quitters than before in the queues.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Kax keeps things interesting with her crazy way of writing and setting up matches daily. That's about it for PvP. The queues take a long time, even when supposedly, having joined queues was going to fix that. Heck, now I see even more quitters than before in the queues.

KAx iS AwueSOMe! !!!11!!one!!!1! Thehehehe
    --

--
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    alejogalejog Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The inner troll in me just has a thought. Instead of boycotting the rosa events what pvpers should do is invade Risa with our deadliest characters and start challenging all pvers and rpers to matches. Then proceed to obliterate any that are foolish enough to accept.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-32nd Vipers- PvP Team

Nothing is impossible to him who would try.... except getting cryptic to care about pvp.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    alejog wrote: »
    The inner troll in me just has a thought. Instead of boycotting the rosa events what pvpers should do is invade Risa with our deadliest characters and start challenging all pvers and rpers to matches. Then proceed to obliterate any that are foolish enough to accept.

...:). or invading there with teamed "premades" and build a wall of toons everywhere where it "fits" >) .... and don't forget ya party-poppers :D....

sadly indeed i barely bother right now to log in, it's just kinda too depressing. todays game for me has been: log in, do a race on my fed, pick all available pvp-missions for my chars, refine dil and outta there as fast as possible :(

but i'm sure the next days i will go out to blow some stuff again, at least to release the anger about their "policies" (which seem more like dictates to me) :mad:

can't get that one phrase outta my head: the content we want u to play... lmao, like if we all were childish children on who one has to look after what they do while in church...................................... want to choose myself and i did. sadly what i chose not gives the chance to progress in any way. a well done game would provide several ways for several tastes, but yeah... a well done one.... no words
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    alejog wrote: »

exactly what i'm doing. got 50 disco balls, 2 poppers, combat and non combat pets... i find it trollpus opening trade window to people who are doing the "jetpack joyride" mission.
    And, Wastee, i'va been challenging random people everyday, also asked a dev about the nerf his answer was "i don't know", hmm.
    --

--
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    edited June 2014
    wast33 wrote: »
    ...:). or invading there with teamed "premades" and build a wall of toons everywhere where it "fits" >) .... and don't forget ya party-poppers :D....

sadly indeed i barely bother right now to log in, it's just kinda too depressing. todays game for me has been: log in, do a race on my fed, pick all available pvp-missions for my chars, refine dil and outta there as fast as possible :(

oh no, we need ya!
    (oh, and our lag industries teamspeak died, too bad :O)
    --

--
    Operation Dingo 1977