test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvPers, unite against the Dil Nerf!

giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Cryptic will launch its nerf on our dil.
It's time to show them that we will not be overwhelmed !
it's time to tell the Devs that we PvP because we love it, not because we exploit it!
What can YOU do to stand against the PvP dilithium nerf? Simple. All PvPers who are against the cool down on Dilithium missions shall boycott Cryptic's Summer event, and that's not all. We will, whenever we see a dev of any kind, challenge him to PvP, but to 5 kills only, so that we will not gain ANY DIL, showing cryptic that PvP isn't for Dil but for fun, but PvP should give higher rewards, not a mere 1440 dil a day!
None of us shall land our beautiful PvPer toons on Risa! None of us shall fly in jetpacks!
PvPers, only united we can beat the Nerf, and get our beloved Dilithium as it is today!
Us PvPers will not surrender, because we love getting our Dilithium by doing some content that requires skills, not spacebar!
PvPers unite, against the nerf!

!

What's the PvP protest:
-none of us shall participate in the Risa event
-none of us shall buy ZEN with real money from this day until we can be sure our dil will not be touched!
-Whenever we see a Dev, on ESD, friend list etc, CHALLENGE HIM TO PVP!

What can be done by Cryptic: keep the repeatables, but make private matches not count, there you go. It's THAT EASY!
PvPers Against Dil Nerf Movement - Giovanni@giotariz

EDIT: apparently the message's content was doubled... Meh. Fixed now. FOR OUR DIL!
Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
--

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
--
Operation Dingo 1977

Post edited by giotariz on

Comments

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cryptic went to nerf the hourly events, and nothing happened.

Cryptic went to nerf the Rep system, nothing happened.

Cryptic went to nerf the ESTF processor rewards, nothing happened.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but those impacted the big pve crowd too.... and yet nothing happened.

Cryptic has taken deaf ears to the complaints lately, even if the majority of the players complained, or were affected poorly.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • magniacapramagniacapra Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A protest only shows that you care.

I've stopped caring, on to other games for me and most of my friends now.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How 'bout no?

I don't like the dil nerf, buuuut... I want to play on Risa, and don't particularly care to annoy devs by spamming challenge requests.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    How 'bout no?

I don't like the dil nerf, buuuut... I want to play on Risa, and don't particularly care to annoy devs by spamming challenge requests.

oh well, enjoy powerboarding, and doing STFs with your cruiser to get the dil. or do you prefer doing pvp, getting all the 8k dil? (with a cruiseliner too if cryptic listens to us...)
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Cryptic went to nerf the hourly events, and nothing happened.

Cryptic went to nerf the Rep system, nothing happened.

Cryptic went to nerf the ESTF processor rewards, nothing happened.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but those impacted the big pve crowd too.... and yet nothing happened.

Cryptic has taken deaf ears to the complaints lately, even if the majority of the players complained, or were affected poorly.

Well if you consider this game leaking players like a strandet supertanker leaks oil "nothing" then I agree...
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i support killing a Dev, but most of them are cowards and the only dev i see lately is Capt Smirk which i don't see as a problem but the lead dev's that made this late change to PvP rewards.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I love threads like this. Soo much popcorn. :rolleyes:

Any boycott you attempt doomed to fail because ;1.You are highly unlikely to get enough people to follow suit to be worth it. 2. The pvp community in this game is simply too small to make any noticeable difference anyway. 3. You will only be hurting yourself because cryptic wouldn't care whether you take part in the summer event anyway.

Have fun avoiding Risa anyway. We won't miss you.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Signed. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i'm gonna get that ship on one toon (damn it, can't... resist....got....to..... collect...), but i stopped to buy zen for quite some time now.
    to have dropped it here: i hated the grind for my corvette and the nukara-rep(?) per birds. easy done, sure. but totally annoying after at least a couple of days as well :(...

as for the challenges..... anytime, the more the better >) (not the spam part, but the very-unlikely-to-happen-part that they take such challenges)...

also it's not that i do care too much for this game, it's more that there's one thing that really can drive me nuts: refusal of reflection of oneselfs' actions and views, to may get to an altered behaviour that more fits a sense of rationality in a kant'ish way.
    ...i find myself in that trap allday :D, but how glad i am when i finally spot my own stupidity (those are the best laughs!:)) and get myself able to take action to alter it...
    edited June 2014
    Have fun avoiding Risa anyway. We won't miss you.
    ya know, even if you disagree, a bit of good manners are mandatory :) even if you want to end your posts with a rude sentence, avoid. ;)
    --

--
    Operation Dingo 1977

edited June 2014
    giotariz wrote: »
    ya know, even if you disagree, a bit of good manners are mandatory :) even if you want to end your posts with a rude sentence, avoid. ;)

damn it, i feel catched now :D
    edited June 2014
    and doing STFs with your cruiser to get the dil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPwxgml0Q3A

The only cruiser I have hasn't been used in 2 years (hint, that's long before Aux2fart). And I stopped doing STFs months ago because I got so bored of doing them for the 1000th time. I also can't remember the last time I actively tried to fill my dilithium refinement cap.

I don't know if you realize it or not, but maybe people can be upset about the nerf without joining you on your little crusade. I for one will be enjoying Cap'N'Hold in my fleet Defiant and all the stuff on Risa during the summer.

Have a nice day.
  • alejogalejog Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I won't be spending another penny in this game either. I rather save my money and spend it when a game that has good pvp comes along (read SC)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-32nd Vipers- PvP Team

Nothing is impossible to him who would try.... except getting cryptic to care about pvp.
    edited June 2014
    I participate in the protest and I swear not to spend a penny anymore in this game!
    Shut up and take my money? Nah! Shut up and make PvP better!

Good my friend, very good.....

STOP THE DIL NERF, CRYPTIC/PWE!!
    --

--
    Operation Dingo 1977

• askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cryptic will launch its nerf on our dil.
    It's time to show them that we will not be overwhelmed !
    it's time to tell the Devs that we PvP because we love it, not because we exploit it!
    What can YOU do to stand against the PvP dilithium nerf? Simple. All PvPers who are against the cool down on Dilithium missions shall boycott Cryptic's Summer event, and that's not all. We will, whenever we see a dev of any kind, challenge him to PvP, but to 5 kills only, so that we will not gain ANY DIL, showing cryptic that PvP isn't for Dil but for fun, but PvP should give higher rewards, not a mere 1440 dil a day!
    None of us shall land our beautiful PvPer toons on Risa! None of us shall fly in jetpacks!
    PvPers, only united we can beat the Nerf, and get our beloved Dilithium as it is today!
    Us PvPers will not surrender, because we love getting our Dilithium by doing some content that requires skills, not spacebar!
    PvPers unite, against the nerf!

!

What's the PvP protest:
    -none of us shall participate in the Risa event
    -none of us shall buy ZEN with real money from this day until we can be sure our dil will not be touched!
    -Whenever we see a Dev, on ESD, friend list etc, CHALLENGE HIM TO PVP!

What can be done by Cryptic: keep the repeatables, but make private matches not count, there you go. It's THAT EASY!
    PvPers Against Dil Nerf Movement - Giovanni@giotariz

EDIT: apparently the message's content was doubled... Meh. Fixed now. FOR OUR DIL!
    I would highly suggest to not just start walking around spamming developers for challenges. That's assuming they even allow public challenges since I'm sure most have it set to friends only :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited June 2014
    Cryptic has stated openly that if PvP were completely removed and PvPers left the game it probably wouldn't even appear as an anomaly on their metrics. Frankly, the only option we have is to quit playing, or be as vocal about it on the forums as you can be. Either way, they don't care.

As far as spending money, I stopped doing that the day season 5 launched.
    LOLSTO
    edited June 2014
    brandonfl wrote: »
    Cryptic has stated openly that if PvP were completely removed and PvPers left the game it probably wouldn't even appear as an anomaly on their metrics. Frankly, the only option we have is to quit playing, or be as vocal about it on the forums as you can be. Either way, they don't care.

As far as spending money, I stopped doing that the day season 5 launched.

heard that was well.... and again it shows they're looking on the wrong side of the coin. on the other side are all those pvp'ers who gladly would join sto if its pew was viable :(
    edited June 2014
    wast33 wrote: »
    heard that was well.... and again it shows they're looking on the wrong side of the coin. on the other side are all those pvp'ers who gladly would join sto if its pew was viable :(

As it stands, STO is PWE's biggest cash cow (Brandon told me that less than two months ago when I STF'd with him (if you think this contradicts my earlier point of me quitting STFs, I only did this one because he was coming along), so it is recent), which explains why anything that's not monetized gets very little attention.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'll be doing the summer event. When it ends I'll turn 1 year in STO! Never tried it and I want a corvette.

When I need dilithium I go to Battlezone.

When I need Zen ships I use dilithium exchange.

Honestly, I'd prefer to not annoy devs.
    edited June 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    As it stands, STO is PWE's biggest cash cow (Brandon told me that less than two months ago when I STF'd with him (if you think this contradicts my earlier point of me quitting STFs, I only did this one because he was coming along), so it is recent), which explains why anything that's not monetized gets very little attention.

but wouldn't more pewers mean a lot of more money?:confused: at least in this peons' imagination ;):D
    edited June 2014
    askray wrote: »
    I would highly suggest to not just start walking around spamming developers for challenges. That's assuming they even allow public challenges since I'm sure most have it set to friends only :P
    it's good to have a friend list xD
    --

--
    Operation Dingo 1977

• brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited June 2014
    wast33 wrote: »

Yeah, and we've been telling them that for years. STO PvP is a potential cash cow if it were to be implemented properly. Totally neglecting it is the reason the metrics are so bad, not the lack of PvPers who would play if it were a major design factor.
    LOLSTO
  • riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    brandonfl wrote: »
    Yeah, and we've been telling them that for years. STO PvP is a potential cash cow if it were to be implemented properly. Totally neglecting it is the reason the metrics are so bad, not the lack of PvPers who would play if it were a major design factor.

It's amazing they haven't figured out that PvPers spend the most money on this game.
  • voxlagindvoxlagind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They won't care if you participate in the Risa event or not, plenty of people still will.

They won't care if you challenge them to a 1v1, they'll just ignore you.

They won't care if you temporarily stop buying zen, because you're not leaving the game. Eventually, you will. They have you. They know it.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think a lot of people need to chill.

Play the game the way they want you to or leave. That simple really.

PvP is not getting a hug any time soon from the devs.

They have been tweeking (reducing) rewards all over the game... the only thing I am surprised about to be honest is that this didn't happen sooner.

It does show that they don't really think about PvP or this would have been done at the start of S9... or 8. When they where playing with rewards in PvE.

To be hoenst... I still don't really care about this change.

I am not going to change how I play.... I PvP... and when I want to grind D I roll 5 or 6 toons through some PvE.

If you decide this change is to much for you and your out. Lets be realistic about it... Cryptic doesn't mind seeing you go. Some people say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Cryptic says when you have thousands of wheels... just pull the squeaky ones off and hope some one else picks em up. lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yep, I don't care about the dil change... If you want dil, go to the voth battle zone. Personally team pvp is not my thing and it never was. I prefer 1vs1, because I truly hate relying on other people for anything. Just saying...

--Queen Scora Intelligence--
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Play the game the way they want you to or leave. That simple really.

can't.. they put a timer on it....soooooooo

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • marthitamarthita Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The devs have been on a rewards and farming nerf rampage for a while now. Even doffing has taken hits. That combined with the game leaking players is why the market is in the state it is now.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    marthita wrote: »
    The devs have been on a rewards and farming nerf rampage for a while now. Even doffing has taken hits. That combined with the game leaking players is why the market is in the state it is now.

I wonder why tighten dil farming though. They have to know most people will just do without, and the cost in people leaving is far greater. Or so I presume, none of us are anywhere near what an average STO player is.

So the question remains, is this the start of the downward spiral of STO? Or just another bit of milking the players? I haven't spent any money in forever, but what about the average player that everything is built around these days?
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have to agree that boycotting a non-PVP event is not the way to go .
    (and challenging Devs to PVP has too much of a "Yu-Gi-Oh" connotation for me to take it seriously .;))

You want to protest ?
    Turn the queues and OPVP and this forum into a ghost town .
    For a week , two weeks , however long you feel it's a positive action that is supported by the most .

The STF'ers mostly did this when S.7 debuted .
    Many wanted to play on sure , there was that itch that needed a scratch ... -- but the indignation felt by many , when Cryptic thought that they could just move rewards around the game randomly to content nobody wanted to play -- that arrogance + player outrage did it's job .
    If you can organize a PR campaign around it and have the Podcasts talk about your counter action (and not just the Dil nerf itself) , that'd also be good .

Unfortunately I witness and foresee the usual STO player behavior here :
    Apathy at best , being uninformed as the middle road and turning against the fellow player at worst .
    Plus choosing not to play (when you really want to) is a different kind of test , something that many gamers fail at .

Plus there is the 'Cryptic behavior' to deal with ... -- releasing unwelcome news on a Thursday , ignoring the rage on the forums on the weekends and by the time Monday comes along , most of the rage (in it's original potent form) has been exhausted and only a few players carry on in hopes that this will bring the change they desire .
    I've been around the block and raged about a few (too many) things , not to notice this behavior .

marthita wrote: »
    The devs have been on a rewards and farming nerf rampage for a while now. Even doffing has taken hits.

And this is true also ... but some of you may have not noted this since you're uber focused on PVP .
    This is not about Devs hating PVP , it's about one more poorly thought out fix by the Devs .
    Sadly this is about the Devs (or PW's) view of in-game economics ... , and in STO it's as poor to the player as the game's endgame content is .