test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Undine Ship

deathscythe19deathscythe19 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
i have no idea how to delete this thread you all can stop posting sorry im not as perfect as the rest of you
Post edited by deathscythe19 on

Comments

• Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2014
    200x 2.5 million Ec per key is 500 million ec

you could hav bought what 3 ships for that

dont gamble the house always wins.....Always
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    jon59650jon59650 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why didn't you just buy the ship off the exchange instead of wasting your own money?

You do realize it is a lottery? How many times do you win the grand prize in a lottery?
    sto-afk-list.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ddemlongddemlong Member Posts: 294
    edited May 2014
    Its all percentages, gotta make up for the peeps out there than win it on their first try or in a few boxes.
    I use to do 100K DPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 242658 (243540) Kinetic Damage (Critical) to you.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jon59650 wrote: »
    Why didn't you just buy the ship off the exchange instead of wasting your own money?

You do realize it is a lottery? How many times do you win the grand prize in a lottery?

You only open lock boxes for the chance of winning when more certain means aren't otherwise available. IE. if you have no hope of getting enough EC, well this is the only way of concievably getting a lock box ship.

It's an act of desparation (apart from the lobi or a general interest in all the gear the box could contain) and its one that should only be financed with zen bought with dilithium. You should NEVER invest real money in this sort of roullette (because then you really do loose.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    jon59650jon59650 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What is the drop rate for these ships? 0.2%, 0.02%? All I know it is an incredibly low percentage < 1%. With those odds I would not even want to waste EC buying keys.
    sto-afk-list.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ddemlong wrote: »
    Its all percentages, gotta make up for the peeps out there than win it on their first try or in a few boxes.
    A category which I fall into but it is again a matter of probability. However low the odds are there's going to be someone like me (with a sufficiently large population) that pulled a Nicor from one of the half-dozen or so boxes I opened (strictly for lobi and paid for with the blood of velociraptors in the battlezone). You should NOT bank on becoming such a person if you really do want the ship because you are putting faith in a faithless system of statistical probabilities. It's not going to reward you for conviction or even for effort, the best you can do is play the odds and unlike visiting the exchange there's a very real chance that you'll lose out however many boxes you open (lady luck has no memory, you have the same terrible odds with each one.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    On the dim side, you should have enough lobi for a lobi ship...;)
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    vedauwoovedauwoo Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i think it's a bunch of BS ihave spent around 200 dollars on keys and not one time did i get an Undine Vesselof any kind just 4 frakkin mirror ships. you all should start having random key drops so that everyone that plays can have a chance to open a lock box of some sort.

Never open boxes looking for one ship......

Instead, I open them for the Doff packs and weapon boxes.....in the process, I seem to get each of these "rare" ships....usually within 20 boxes.....

It's all about mindset....:P
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Than you for funding my game expirience OP...

The rest of us could'n have gone through the game without spending Real money, without people like you.

Hit me up some day in-game.... I have a tribble for you... Might even toss in some contraband.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i think it's a bunch of BS ihave spent around 200 dollars on keys and not one time did i get an Undine Vesselof any kind just 4 frakkin mirror ships. you all should start having random key drops so that everyone that plays can have a chance to open a lock box of some sort.

You really need to look up "gambling" before you do any more of it and end up ranting like this because you don't understand how it works.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You knew what you were getting yourself in for when you opened the first box. It sucks, sure, but it's your own stupid fault for playing that part of the game. :P If you've spent $200 on keys, don't you now have enough lobi to buy/swap via the exchange?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OP - why didn't you do some research before buying keys?

Even the most basic of searches would reveal that the odds of a grand prize ship are 0.5% or less, and really, when looking to spend enough money to buy a real world car, you should be doing research. No sympathy.

At least look on the forum and read the threads by everyone else who has done what you've just done threads about not winning the grand prize after X silly sum of money, and gamble with your eyes open.

Anyway, $200 worth of lockboxes isn't anywhere near enough for you to start complaining about the odds.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Spending 200 bucks on the chance of getting a virtual item in a casual online MMO cannot be the result of rational thought. That sounds like some sort of gambling addiction to me. Sure, it's a damn dirty trick played by Cryptic/PWE to exploit people with problems like that, but for all it's worth and like others said: don't gamble. The house always wins. Otherwise, there wouldn't be gambling. Further: No company in existence will ever do anything out of philantropy. Literally everything they do is aimed at increasing their profits, nobody wants to do you any good. That's how it works.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OP, if you would have gotten a Nicor with only $200 in keys you would have beaten the odds. Your likelihood of getting the grand prize is south of 1/200. That's not to say you would get one with $200 more, but if you didn't then you could complain about your sour luck.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2014
    I feel for the OP. I too went this way, but have since learned.

From the first discussion of the Wells I wanted one. But of course I also needed the Lobi Mirror version - the Mobius - as well for the console set.

'Cause that was smart. Yay. Suicide Console.

$200 in keys, got the wells on Key 57. The remaining keys wants to cultivating lobi for the destroyer.

I ended up with the wells on my Scitoon. And a parked mobius, never to be played with again. And a console not worth the effort.

Back then keys were selling for 800K, and the temporal was about 200 million.

Looking back on the experience, it would have been smarter to sell the keys and buy the Wells. And that has been true of the game ever since.

But I was impatient. I wanted it NOW.
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Impatience is OP plz nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The house always win.
    Also, the "big" prize is usually around 0.5% drop from a box. Just saying.

I think you just learn a lesson about gamble. That's not because you have written "jackpot" on the box you are going to win it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited May 2014

A lottery is a tax on the mathematically challenged.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Just curious, how many rich dilithium mining claims did you get?
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I feel so bad for this guys but at the same time I cant help but laugh my TRIBBLE off.

because hes likely looked at the thread now and seen people say things like "$200 dollars, 2.5 mil per key, you could of brought 3 ships off the exchange or the store doing that"

I cant help but laugh.

People really do need to think first and not impulse buy.

Ironically free to play games a built around using gambling as a source of draining players of their money this guy is a prime example of that.

*sigh*
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Never open up lockboxes just for the ship. If you do have to open up lockboxes, then do it for the bind on pickup items in the Lobi Store and get the rest by selling keys. Sure it is possible that you will get lucky and it will be cheaper to get ship through the lockbox, but that is a very low chance of happening.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, when I've opened lockboxes I don't expect the ship to just pop out. What I have done instead is use them on toons I want high-powered DOFFs on that I am having trouble getting otherwise, or other general stuff to sell on the Exchange (or in two cases, to deck out in antiprotons and polarons with extra modifiers respectively, quickly). If a ship pops out, that would be really awesome but I am realistic enough not to expect it.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This thread again?

Thank you for funding the game. Maybe I'll go spend some moneys on zen in your honor.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    dont gamble the house always wins.....Always

Yup, look at Vegas; does it look like they give away money? :D
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Boo hoo, you gambled real money and lost, and with the intent of getting those Undine abominations no less, and now come here to the forums to complain that you're too stupid to understand how probabilities work.

Frak you and the targ you rode in on.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think it's time to let the thread die.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    indypenguinindypenguin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yup, look at Vegas; does it look like they give away money? :D

House always wins. Vegas gives away money to give you hope. Meanwhile, they've easily made thousands of times more than the total sum of payouts on a given day.

Some wins when gambling, it's more like the flag that marks the hole on a golf course. Something to give you hope or a bit of a taste of victory to get you to spend more.
    Ad astra per aspera

God be between you and harm, and all the empty places we must walk.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Boo hoo, you gambled real money and lost, and with the intent of getting those Undine abominations no less, and now come here to the forums to complain that you're too stupid to understand how probabilities work.

Frak you and the targ you rode in on.

Well now that precious is here, someone close this thread, ASAP!
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »

Well now that precious is here, someone close this thread, ASAP!

I agree close it.

sure the OP made a mistake, now he knows better. but some people are just plain ole mean . I get accused of being a jingoist ok fine but some people are just flat out know it all jerks.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    I think it's time to let the thread die.

Dude... It was stillborn... A Dead Horse Rising...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas