test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shuttle Weekend Event (5/29 10AM PDT - 6/2 10AM PDT)

Comments

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You first would have to expect that people would be all smart enough to do that. The track record with the people doing atmospheric mission is a proven result that you'll have 1-3 out of 20 people who will do that just because the TRIBBLE poor design of small craft and the issue of the player base is mostly people who are entertained just by seeing shiny flashy things and are like deer caught in headlights when they see it.

Well yeah, getting 20 coordinated people would be harder than the mission itself (heck 5 people is usually a stretch), and 20 good-but-uncoordinated people would probably still stumble at Wave 5 due to lack of CC abilities and knowing who to switch off to what. But hypothetically, with enough time to plan and a big enough player pool to draw upon, it could probably be done. I'm can think of a couple of groups that are probably planning already, just for the headlines of being The First to do it. Definitely not puggable though, or even a room-made group. Coordinated premade only.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Can I haz ur stuff?

:cool:

No, I keep it incase the devs ever remove head from TRIBBLE and actually fix this game. Miracles do happen.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    No, I keep it incase the devs ever remove head from TRIBBLE and actually fix this game. Miracles do happen.

...Dude, that one just sailed waaaaaaaaaaaay over your head.

I'll just keep an eye on your stuff until you copy-paste your first post into the ESO forums and come back here, m'kay?
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh god I have totally done it wrong the whole time.

Instead of flaming I should have always done trolling and insulting. Now I get it.

Damn I was sooo stupid.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    ...Dude, that one just sailed waaaaaaaaaaaay over your head.

I'll just keep an eye on your stuff until you copy-paste your first post into the ESO forums and come back here, m'kay?

No i just choose to ignore your stupid forum troll post that everyone makes when ever anyone mentions how this game is dieing. Very original of you.
    edited May 2014
    No i just choose to ignore your stupid forum troll post that everyone makes when ever anyone mentions how this game is dieing. Very original of you.

Hey hey Mr. Genius, if this game is soooooooo stupid and boring and dieing, why are you here? Oh to inform us that aaaaaal of the other players leave the game.

You
    edited May 2014
    Hey hey Mr. Genius, if this game is soooooooo stupid and boring and dieing, why are you here? Oh to inform us that aaaaaal of the other players leave the game.

You
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ahhh, another wonderful day on the forums...

I for one have been waiting for this since it showed up on the calendar.

The fact that they are 20 man events instead of 5 is making me giddy.

Go go shuttles!
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not a big fan of flying shuttles so won't really be doing this think I'll just do the reps instead
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Regarding the bolded part, you've got proof that it is dying where exactly?
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Shuttle combat really isn't my cup of tea. I am sure some will find it fun though...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The fact that they expect KDF will line up simply because of a forum announcement without amending it... and not make it cross-faction, indicate how much they actually listen.

I do have some strong ships for both my Fed and Rom-Fed, and have a Delta, but since I still consider myself main KDF, I will just stick with what I do best - fly a carrier. As KDF, we are going to die; may as well as do what we are best at: stick it to the end.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Regarding the bolded part, you've got proof that it is dying where exactly?

LOL, we dont need proof, its obvious. Only new people or people who doesnt give a TRIBBLE about the future of the game cant see it. Cryptic is doing it on purpose, but i dont think some of you will have any idea what im talking about, of course.
    edited May 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    The thing about 5 fully-fledged ships of the line is, players are launching fighters and firing off a metric butt-ton of powers and weapons and other special effects. With shuttles, you have TWO weapons, 3 consoles, and MAYBE up to 3 BOff powers. And none of those powers (aside from maybe FAW and Spread) cause that much lag. Even with 4x the number of players, you shouldn't lag as much. That is, unless my fleet leader is right and there's a memory leak in the UI.

Aside from that, about time I had a reason to update the Marathon. The Delta will Fly again.

You wrong lol. Its the same with shuttles. I was doing the "last stand" mission the other day, and it happened to me. No weapons anywhere. And if that was not the case, it doesnt matter , since eventually that bug will appear. 20 players are too much, and shuttles are not an exception.

I said in other posts, how dare cryptic to make such an event with the weapons invisible bug not solved yet. As i imagined, they dont care a fkx anymore lol.

I still am really amazing seeing people dont worry about this. So, cryptic make an event without even worrying about if it is going to be playable or not, due to the same bug as alwyas, that the same company refuses to fix or do something about it, like the lag bug, and people doesnt care?? lol, and some people ask why are we sure the game is dying.. lol, its really funny if you think on it lol. Really funny xD.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    LOL, we dont need proof, its obvious. Only new people or people who doesnt give a TRIBBLE about the future of the game cant see it. Cryptic is doing it on purpose, but i dont think some of you will have any idea what im talking about, of course.

Tell us, wise one, the tales of the tin foil hat.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seriously another shuttle event to what ? Introduce new queues that will remain empty forever more, just like the PvP shuttle queue !

The event is fun because it is an event, I hope this does not mean more useless queues being started because some dev thinks its fun !
    edited May 2014
    Tell us, wise one, the tales of the tin foil hat.

I would but i dont explain complicated things to kids, sorry.

About the game, people that cant see its dying, are just people that refuses to believe it. Because if you cant see the game is dying.. you need glasses :P, the game will not be able to contain so many bugs (more and more month after month) eventually. They are having really bad time to solve some imporant issues because of this, the code is so screwed up that its really hard to fix bugs. And this happened because they NEVER CARED about fixing bugs. So, its obvious that the game is dying. Now, people that will say the opposite , obviously dont have any idea at all or as i said, they are just new players. The facts are the facts, if people refuses to see it, the only thing that will happen is that the game will be dead even sooner lol. Not to mention the terrible optimization the game engine has after season 9. If cryptic does not fix that, A LOT of players will be eventually stop playing (some of em already left the game) and you will need to add this to the avalanche of bugs the game has right now. As i said, if people cant see it... maybe they just are playing another different game.

About the shuttle event, not only playing in shuttles is terrible (the shuttle sizes are too small for the weapons, why will someone want to fly a shuttle when all the weapon graphics related are terribly bad made?, not to mention the icons when you activate any skill, that covers the entire shuttle completely.. seriously , cryptic?). And as i said, doing an event like this, knowing that with a few players the weapon graphics will dissapear.. it doesnt show too much respect or seriousness from cryptic. This is the real truth. That everybody refuses to see.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cool event. But the Fleet Alerts should be cross-faction now. And the number of required players should be lower on some of these, with the mission tailored around said number. I suspect that twenty man shuttle events will be hard to fill up in a timely manner.
    edited May 2014
    hey edge, did I bet you $100 the game would still be going in March 2015?
    if you lost you would stop posting on the forums.
    Were you that troll?

If so, 9 months to go.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited May 2014
    Were you that troll?

If so, 9 months to go.

LOL, I want to SEE this one play out...

I bet you 5 grand and an LTS that the game's still going strong by its 6th anniversary. :D
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You don't need proof, eh? Right, keep living in the dream world, since it's clear that you do live there.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Smirk/trendy, release what the reward is....that'll stir up some interest.

And, if it isnt anything at all besides the fleet marks and title...well...that may bore some people off
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    Ahhh, another wonderful day on the forums...

I for one have been waiting for this since it showed up on the calendar.

The fact that they are 20 man events instead of 5 is making me giddy.

Go go shuttles!

Quite so, I'm going to have some fun this weekend setting up new shuttles on toons that dont have them.

I sincerely hope that shuttle versions of these events become a permanent part of the game.

I like shuttles, and I dont think there's been enough content for them hitherto.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hmm I wonder what 20 shuttles all firing a Spread1 of the Gravimetric Torp would look like? Or 20 shuttles all laying Aceton Assimilators? Maybe Timeshuttles using their SA on the transport to get some serious healing on it? Heh, might actually be possible.

At least one of my toons will be bringing a Talkyr to the shuttle NWS.

Gonna sit it on the transport and see what it can do.....
    edited May 2014
    Were you that troll?

If so, 9 months to go.

You crazy if you think i have 100$ to bet at anything lol. The game could be still going, another different thing is, if it is going to be still a "game". I like when people call others "trolls" and the only thing they are doing is saying the truth lol. How hypocrite is this community, seriously. I could call you troll as well, for the only reason that you just invited me to a bet.
    edited May 2014
    You don't need proof, eh? Right, keep living in the dream world, since it's clear that you do live there.

As i said, kids.. so sad. You dont realize the whole "proof" is the game itself, do you?? dont worry, they are not going to bann you for telling 1% of the truth. I hope.. lol.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Shuttle Weekend Event is now live! Go and swarm your enemies in your shuttles! Pew pew!

~LaughingTrendy
    edited May 2014
    I want an elephant as reward. Where is my elephant?
    edited May 2014
    The Shuttle Weekend Event is now live! Go and swarm your enemies in your shuttles! Pew pew!

~LaughingTrendy

Yay! Trendy is back!

HAIL BACON! HAIL BACONCAT! HAIL BA'AL!!!!!!!

In other news, I just queued for shuttle NWS and lost on level 5. Got some nice marks out of it, though.
    edited May 2014
    You crazy if you think i have 100$ to bet at anything lol. The game could be still going, another different thing is, if it is going to be still a "game". I like when people call others "trolls" and the only thing they are doing is saying the truth lol. How hypocrite is this community, seriously. I could call you troll as well, for the only reason that you just invited me to a bet.

hmm you must not be the person then, my mistake.

But if you were the one you wouldn't have to a pay a dime. You just have to stop posting on these forums.