test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shuttle Weekend Event (5/29 10AM PDT - 6/2 10AM PDT)

Comments

• organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    In other news, I just queued for shuttle NWS and lost on level 5.

Oh I am sooooo sorry to read that.

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh I am sooooo sorry to read that.

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

Nobody but me bothered to heal the transport. Was hilarious, LOL.
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Nobody but me bothered to heal the transport. Was hilarious, LOL.

Thats your problem I am always talking about. You are just to kind and warmhearted and charming and sexeyyy
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Should have included "The Breach". ;)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I absolutely love this event!!!

The missions are actually seriously good fun, and 118 marks of my choice with no cooldown?

YES PLEASE :cool:

Cheers Cryptic, this is one of the best events you have done in along time!
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We're also increasing the Marks available for Atmosphere Assault and Vault Shuttle Event.
    Completed Vault Shuttle Event and got mere 20 Romulan Marks, not counting the daily reward. Waste of time.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Glad to hear some of you are enjoying this event and making the most out of it. That is great game spirit :D

For those of you who have played, has anyone else noticed a lower reward of Romulan Marks in the Vault Shuttle Event?

If so, let me know so I can notify our Dev team if there is a problem.

~CaptainSmirk
    edited May 2014
    I want to fly in my Shuttle of Love with Tren.. ahm Worffan of course :o
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For those of you who have played, has anyone else noticed a lower reward of Romulan Marks in the Vault Shuttle Event?
    How many marks does it suppose to reward?

Ran it with a Rom-KDF to the end without issues during the event and got mere 20 Rom Marks + Daily Bonus. Not really worth time and effort.

And as we expected - Klingon Fleet Alert isn't too popular. Perhaps if there was some new KDF smallcraft added to the C-Store it would be different, but no...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wait, what? People actually use shuttles? 0.o
    I need a beer.

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Had some serious fun in the Fleet Alert.

First few rounds I fought some Gorn and some Orions. The last round I did though spawned Undine. Trying to fight the new revamped Undine in the shuttles was...interesting. Came right down to the wire on that one. I think we had 10 seconds left on the clock. It was pretty intense.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/Silverwings100/GameClient2014-05-2920-02-51-77_zps59758845.jpg

Premade KDF run managed to get to wave 9. Credit to all those that took part you know who you are I don't have a list of names. Great fun and worth playing so thanks Cryptic a challenge to say the least.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, I'm out there now. Lots of fun and very good rewards as well. Excellent event.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, I'm out there now. Lots of fun and very good rewards as well. Excellent event.

Best news ever!

Glad so many players are really enjoying this event :)

Go shuttle heroes!

~CaptainSmirk
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Glad to hear some of you are enjoying this event and making the most out of it. That is great game spirit :D

If so, let me know so I can notify our Dev team if there is a problem.

~CaptainSmirk

While yer at it up the romulan/fleet mark award on atmospheric mission that one is way too low for the average amount of time spent doing that.

This isn't to put Cryptic down or anything but the shuttle setups were something designed back in 2011 and never received a pass on revamping them compared to rest of the game where in these shuttle missions especially the no win one its apparent that even the best setup small craft just gets instakilled lol. Is why usually you see insults being spewed out but everyone pretty much see's how the way they are setup and the way these missions are designed that its not pilot error here lol.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2014
    Been running Klingon Fleet alert shuttle version for the past couple of hours usually less than 5mins to fill up sometimes waaay faster been getting 118 marks per run not counting the daily so atm best source for my daily mark needs as with the daily its awarding 173 marks of your choice and I've been running it with a beam array and Bio-photon torps with TS-1 in the To'duq fighter found it helped my survivability to run the balanced power setting though.

The last run vs the Borg was quite fun :D

PS not sure if intended or a glitch but there is not CD timer to rerun the mission so i'm stocking up on marks.
    PPS Watch out for warp core breeches ...now i know how my carrier pets feel :P

Good Hunting all see you in the ques.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To all the doomsayers and those who could not be bothered with Shuttles, you really ought to do the Fleet Alert. Marks are dropping by the boatload. 118 plus the daily bonus for the first time selection of a type. Queues fill up fast, quick run, and are fun and no cool down.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • teufeldritchteufeldritch Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Making it a official event just sucks all the fun out of it for me. Using my shuttle when I'm not supposed to is far more fun.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    To all the doomsayers and those who could not be bothered with Shuttles, you really ought to do the Fleet Alert. Marks are dropping by the boatload. 118 plus the daily bonus for the first time selection of a type. Queues fill up fast, quick run, and are fun and no cool down.

Yeah I didn't like the nws one though it seemed like if you had 20 people who know what they are doing that you might have a slight chance of enjoying it.

I just hope the no cooldown and the amount of marks is intended lol. I do agree even if you have a bunch of people who don't know what they are doing the fleet alert one is still fun and enjoyable. I still think they should take a look at how shuttles work though I think that is the main issue is how strict and lack of wiggle room when setting one up.

Overall though it is fun doing something different in any case.
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Mostly it's just that since day 1 with shuttles, even to just trying this event now, I don't like how it feels playing a shuttle. It's feels off, I have trouble judging everything, not sure why but it's not fun to me.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Found the event to be disappointing. Just another copy and paste job with the enemy dumbed down so player shuttles can survive.

Why couldn't we be facing a modified NPC ship and have it closer to star trek without the wizbangs of abilities and such, just straight ship to ship combat. And just add a twist with shuttle tasks that would lend to disable the NPC ship.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Loving this! Please make it permanent or, at the very least, a frequent rerun. This is way more fun than I was expecting, and the huge amount of marks rewarded by the fleet alerts make it even better.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What do you mean you need to be in a Fleet to run the fleet alert Been running this on my Fed aligned characters but they were all in a Fleet. My KDF characters are not. I outfitted a shuttle and tried to enter the queue and got that silly message. Why on earth would you need that especially during a special event. While the normal Fleet Alert does not sow up because I am not in a Fleet (I read), the Shuttle one is in the list. Either hide it, drop the Fleet requirement or make this cross-faction.

The queue was 0 people anyway. Did Spire Assault - pretty awful mark payout (37) and also tried for the first time the Atmospheric assault. Failed every one. Payout 13 marks for a very long mission.

Well I guess I'll go back to my Fed characters and earn some real marks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    What do you mean you need to be in a Fleet to run the fleet alert Been running this on my Fed aligned characters but they were all in a Fleet. My KDF characters are not. I outfitted a shuttle and tried to enter the queue and got that silly message. Why on earth would you need that especially during a special event. While the normal Fleet Alert does not sow up because I am not in a Fleet (I read), the Shuttle one is in the list. Either hide it, drop the Fleet requirement or make this cross-faction.

The queue was 0 people anyway. Did Spire Assault - pretty awful mark payout (37) and also tried for the first time the Atmospheric assault. Failed every one. Payout 13 marks for a very long mission.

Well I guess I'll go back to my Fed characters and earn some real marks.

Yes, Fleet Alert requires you to be in a Fleet. It does give a nice mark reward, and even better the Small Craft version doesn't seem to have a cooldown; I ran it a few times in a row earlier on with little to no wait time. Just ask around your Fed Fleet to see if they have any partnerships with a KDF Fleet. Even if they don't, I'm sure you can get someone to offer temporary membership with relatively little effort. Heck, try asking in Public Service and/or NoP Public Service...

The Fleet restriction really isn't that bad, even if the KDF doesn't tend to spam random Fleet invites like you get wandering ESD with a new character :P

[EDIT] Yeah, I was pessimistic about this at first. Bribing me with Fleet/Rep Marks at 100+ per run won me over. Still not spending Lobi on a Small Craft, but I'll fly the account-wide C-Store unlocks I have and it's nice to see the Space Gear discounted. ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Fed Fleet Alert in a shuttle...this is the most fun I've had in a long time. I've got all my ships maxed out with the best fleet gear and most of the time in STFs etc. I just fly shoot and that's it. In a shuttle you really have to work, plan, strategize. Lot's of fun this one. tried it on all my shuttles. This is a keeper!:)
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vulcanmonk wrote: »
    Fed Fleet Alert in a shuttle...this is the most fun I've had in a long time. I've got all my ships maxed out with the best fleet gear and most of the time in STFs etc. I just fly shoot and that's it. In a shuttle you really have to work, plan, strategize. Lot's of fun this one. tried it on all my shuttles. This is a keeper!:)

Agreed.

This really must be run again, sooner rather than later. I have enjoyed myself immensely.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    You know, I didn't think I'd enjoy this event at all... Now I'm sad it's ending tomorrow.

I really hope we see this one again, and that it wasn't an error to have such high rewards and no cool down. I've had so much fun actually having a reason to drag my shuttles out of mothballs.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    ...And as we expected - Klingon Fleet Alert isn't too popular. Perhaps if there was some new KDF smallcraft added to the C-Store it would be different, but no...

Really? I've been doing it for the last three days almost constantly, and the queues always seemed to fill up fast. Sometimes instantly.

Regardless; shuttle alert remained fun even with constant play. I'd love it if this came back soon, hopefully on another weekend when I have loads of time to play it.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Although I have been busy playing WatchDogs most of the weekend, I have really enjoyed the shuttle event the little I have played it. Fleet Alert especially! I hope these will be brought back as regular PvE queue options and that there are shuttle versions of every space PvE queue item in the future. The bonus fleet marks also actually feel like they should be the normal reward for the queued events. It helps by earning that little bit more to take away from from getting burnt out on the grind.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I admit it. ... I'm pleasantly surprised. And most of the KDF players I've fought alongside agree.

Shuttle event is a great success. :)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)