test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shuttle Weekend Event (5/29 10AM PDT - 6/2 10AM PDT)

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Quick captains, it's almost time to jump into your favorite shuttle and get to the frontlines! For a limited time only, we're hosting the Shuttle Weekend Event. From Thursday May 29th at 10AM PDT to Monday June 2nd at 10AM PDT, swarm your enemies in these small crafts! For more details about the events and the new restructured missions, read more here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    20 man nws....oh boy. Still ready to try and beat it in 4 days and hope there are accolades too;).
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    LOL yeah they kinda need to make those cross faction missions since anything kdf specific like that never gets enough ppl in the ques to do it. Odds are the KDF was left out of it since I doubt they made it cross faction.

Nice try anyways though Cryptic.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Will we be able to create private instances of these shuttle missions? Because I bet queues on the KDF side will be quite empty...

This event would be a great opportunity to release some new KDF C-Store small craft. It's not like there's no existing models to use... (Slaver, Interceptor, S'Kul, Marauder Shuttle). I mean, there's only To'Duj, while the FEDs have a bunch of smallcraft to choose from.

But I guess KDF cannot get anything unless FEDs get it as well... *sigh*
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This looks fun; unfortunately, I will miss most of it due to an unavoidable schedule conflict.

Hope everyone else has fun, though!
    edited May 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Will we be able to create private instances of these shuttle missions? Because I bet queues on the KDF side will be quite empty...

This event would be a great opportunity to release some new KDF C-Store small craft. It's not like there's no existing models to use... (Slaver, Interceptor, S'Kul, Marauder Shuttle). I mean, there's only To'Duj, while the FEDs have a bunch of smallcraft to choose from.

But I guess KDF cannot get anything unless FEDs get it as well... *sigh*

Pretty much at the very least what they could do is offer up the KDF since they don't want to make more orion, gorn, nausicaan, etc ships they should atleast have some in the form of shuttles/fighters to flesh it evenly and give the romulan/remans a playable drone ship (would be fun to see the mechanics of that where you can remotely fly one of those :))

Pretty much only available KDF is the To'Duj, copy and paste generals chariot, and the time shuttle + (those other lobi ones that allow kdf to purchase). Overall though I do not think KDF was included in this due to the fact of lack of shuttle/fighters and the fact that they should have released the fleet alert/nws/etc as cross faction to begin with. To randomly put a Klingon Starbase in if there was a KDF player in a group or whatever.

I can see it now the gre'thor promotion buy the gre'thor pack and become a dishonored undead klingon warrior and fly S'kul fighters into your Empire's enemies killing yourself over and over again and then go back to gre'thor when the battle is done. Interceptor and Slaver would be fun too though I kinda distanced myself from playing non-klingons due to the fact if we do get anything for the KDF it won't theme well for non-klingons so they kinda have just became very well geared out doffing characters.

I almost forgot they do not like making money so we shouldn't ask for anything for the KDF...

signed... member of the 18% :)
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    20-man will be hard to fill up/
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Eh, not really my thing, but looks like fun for others. :)
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Quick captains, it's almost time to jump into your favorite shuttle and get to the frontlines! For a limited time only, we're hosting the Shuttle Weekend Event. From Thursday May 29th at 10AM PDT to Monday June 2nd at 10AM PDT, swarm your enemies in these small crafts! For more details about the events and the new restructured missions, read more here.

~LaughingTrendy

Shuttle events huh.. how about we don't and say we did.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    LOL yeah they kinda need to make those cross faction missions since anything kdf specific like that never gets enough ppl in the ques to do it. Odds are the KDF was left out of it since I doubt they made it cross faction.

Nice try anyways though Cryptic.
    Klingon Fleet Alert should be available as well this weekend. :)
  • dashrendar1138dashrendar1138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I think the point is, it already takes too long waiting for the normal sized queues on the KDF side. 20 people? Just don't see it happening. Although it would be nice to get the fleet marks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet
    http://www.vulcankolinahrfleet.com/
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2014

If I understood it right, that's kinda the problem. Already I have a hard time imagining 20 shuttles getting together on FED side, now on the KDf side, it currently seems almost impossible.

But I'll be glad if proven wrong.

And it's not like I could really help KDF side, on FEDs, however, I could try my never before used Vulcan support ship I got with the D'Kyr.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think the point is, it already takes too long waiting for the normal sized queues on the KDF side. 20 people? Just don't see it happening. Although it would be nice to get the fleet marks.

Well keep in mind that's "hard to get 20 people in under normal circumstances." Having special event plastered all over this might motivate a few more captains than usual to hop in their little space potatos. :p
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    More shuttle events less pvp. :D
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well keep in mind that's "hard to get 20 people in under normal circumstances." Having special event plastered all over this might motivate a few more captains than usual to hop in their little space potatos. :p

Exactly :)

Your knowledge of Marketing is strong. Go advertisements!

~CaptainSmirk
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My temporal shuttles are ready!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Eh? NWS lags to death ever since the Season 9 update with 5 players in it, how do you think it will behave with 20 people flying around?
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Honestly, I love this idea for a little bit of difference. Might try NWS or Storming the Spire with a shuttle during this event. If I can get a queue for it. :(
  • loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    20 man shuttle nws, 20 players trying to work together around 1 transport to defend it in shuttles, has this been thought though fully? i'm sure one bio torp would be enough to wipe out all 20 shuttles with its antiproton defense turret
  • captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Eh? NWS lags to death ever since the Season 9 update with 5 players in it, how do you think it will behave with 20 people flying around?

Just think of it as an extra level of challenge. It is, after all, the no win scenario.
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So can we get a sale on current shuttles, half off would be really awesome. And second can we hope to see some new small craft released for this? Or maybe a test bed for a full on event like the other ones like the CE event; to earn a new shiny shuttle?
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, I'm certain it would greatly help the KDF queues if there were some NEW KDF SMALLCRAFT sold in the C-Store...

But I guess it's too much to ask to take some of the existing NPC fighters and shuttles and make them playable...

Oh well, I'm sure all those Yellowstones, Peregrines, Delta Flyers, Type-10s, Tal'Kyrs, and Stalkers will provide tons of fun for FED players... KDF will have to do with their To'Duj...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Try turning off dynamic lighting, that sucks a lot of resources.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited May 2014

Yeah but it was mentioned not in the blog about it heh.
    toiva wrote: »
    If I understood it right, that's kinda the problem. Already I have a hard time imagining 20 shuttles getting together on FED side, now on the KDf side, it currently seems almost impossible.

But I'll be glad if proven wrong.

And it's not like I could really help KDF side, on FEDs, however, I could try my never before used Vulcan support ship I got with the D'Kyr.

Yeah even though I own pretty much every KDF accessible shuttle/fighter I highly doubt even with a special event that I'll actually get to play it once even if I stayed awake in the que for the whole event. Usually these kind of KDF only ques they get up to 3-5 people and then they get tired of waiting and goes back down to the usual zero in que.

Yeah fleet marks are always great if you can spend them that is lol. The only real hope with the KDF is if most of this stuff becomes all cross faction and that if a KDF player is in a match a chance it will load a KDF base just so they are seen once in awhile. Although IMO if they were planning on doing this they should have released more KDF and Romulan Republic small craft before running this weekend or either ran a special promotion along with it for new craft. They sort of missed an opportunity for the end of this month to push out something that would have been welcomed and usable for all factions but I guess their marketing department couldn't see that opportunity like a lot of us have.

Well at the least I guess its better than us not having a que at all in KDF to pop into although it might not ever get 20 people at least it will be available. I guess they at least thought of us KDF players to some degree even though it wasn't in the blog lol.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    20 man nws, you have effectively condemned us to the public queues with a number like that. What a waste of an event, i was looking forward to actually having something interesting to do in this game that might actually be a challenge. Something that we could put together a team of experts and actually try to beat it. I should have known better, can't expect anything good in this game, will always be disappointed. As it stands think I will sit this out, back to elder scrolls I go.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    20 man nws, you have effectively condemned us to the public queues with a number like that. What a waste of an event, i was looking forward to actually having something interesting to do in this game that might actually be a challenge. Something that we could put together a team of experts and actually try to beat it. I should have known better, can't expect anything good in this game, will always be disappointed. As it stands think I will sit this out, back to elder scrolls I go.

Can I haz ur stuff?

:cool:
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Point they were trying to make is that without it being cross-faction ... Odds are the queue will never fill up.

Of course, I hate shuttles anyway so I'm already gonna skip it.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hmm I wonder what 20 shuttles all firing a Spread1 of the Gravimetric Torp would look like? Or 20 shuttles all laying Aceton Assimilators? Maybe Timeshuttles using their SA on the transport to get some serious healing on it? Heh, might actually be possible.
    edited May 2014
    genhauk wrote: »
    Point they were trying to make is that without it being cross-faction ... Odds are the queue will never fill up.

Of course, I hate shuttles anyway so I'm already gonna skip it.

Yeah the shuttles themselves should be like ship setups but with micro powers of what a starship would have. As well as the weapon layouts imo that is. Reminds me I think it was a GoS episode I listened to where stahl said something about how the Klingons or KDF were basically put into a small corner with not much to do with low population as being one of the reasons the romulan republic was setup the way it was. If that was the case then you would think they would have been working on bringing the KDF up to moving all KDF only ones that feds have fed only versions and just making them cross faction. As he did state he didn't want it to be this faction or that faction from a quote if it wasn't GoS it was one I listened to so you'd figure before they pushed out this event that they would have made it cross faction as well as made sure all 3 factions had enough small craft to be equally defined as well as something where the elements of a 5 man/person one requires a lot of control which I believe we both agree even with 20 people it will just be setup for failure with no real control abilities with all these ensign skills lol. Not to mention the heals you can put on these shuttles are micro heals so they won't add up to a hill of beans.
    edited May 2014
    Hmm I wonder what 20 shuttles all firing a Spread1 of the Gravimetric Torp would look like? Or 20 shuttles all laying Aceton Assimilators? Maybe Timeshuttles using their SA on the transport to get some serious healing on it? Heh, might actually be possible.

You first would have to expect that people would be all smart enough to do that. The track record with the people doing atmospheric mission is a proven result that you'll have 1-3 out of 20 people who will do that just because the TRIBBLE poor design of small craft and the issue of the player base is mostly people who are entertained just by seeing shiny flashy things and are like deer caught in headlights when they see it.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited May 2014

The thing about 5 fully-fledged ships of the line is, players are launching fighters and firing off a metric butt-ton of powers and weapons and other special effects. With shuttles, you have TWO weapons, 3 consoles, and MAYBE up to 3 BOff powers. And none of those powers (aside from maybe FAW and Spread) cause that much lag. Even with 4x the number of players, you shouldn't lag as much. That is, unless my fleet leader is right and there's a memory leak in the UI.

Aside from that, about time I had a reason to update the Marathon. The Delta will Fly again.