test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shuttle Weekend Event (5/29 10AM PDT - 6/2 10AM PDT)

124»

Comments

• olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Klingon Fleet Alert should be available as well this weekend. :)

I have to agree with the person you replied to. I have actually been playing KDF a little more since the war ended and I have to say their queue times are just awful! I was able to get one shuttle run in, but that was it. If you could make this a cross faction pve then I think KDF would be very pleased.

Also, I am wondering if the 20 shuttle fleet alert will stick around in some way after this event. I know the rewards will be lowered because it is not a special event, but the map itself is kind of fun and I can see myself doing it, even just for fleet marks.

It would give me a reason to buy the Delta Flyer and the Scorpion. I'm not kidding. Say the fleet alert shuttle map stays after the event ends (even with lower rewards) and I'm buying those two shuttles.

(EDIT)

One more thing I would like to add is that the Undine version of the fleet alert is...sigh. The ships keep getting stuck to the starbase and we are unable to attack them. All we can do is sit and wait for the timer to run out so we fail it.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • hawkhawkinshawkhawkins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All you have to do to figure out if the event was actually fun or not...

Is to do another rerun of it without the giant honking rewards!

And see how fast those queues fill up.

With rewards like this the mission could have been 'listen to a 10 minute monologue from Ben Stein' and people would have played the heck out of it for daaaaays.

The bulk of the elation about this event was the result of unmitigated glee at being provided a rare 'cruise control to obtainable wins' that, for lack of a better example mirrors 'tour the universe', though in that case the cruise control to obtainable wins' was considered a little too cruisy and is now nerfed and widely ignored by most.

But give it back the giant rainbow dancing reward monkey and people would be flocking back to a mission that is no more complex or exciting than 'fly around in circles'...

Holy perception bias batman

Remove the giant reward and then you'll discover the people who actually thought it was fun because they'll be the ones still doing it.
  • hawkhawkinshawkhawkins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dont get me wrong... Cryptic is entirely capable of creating that kind of content. Content that is so great that it requires no 'sweetener' to make it great...

Risa floaters are awesome, and people would love for them to work in more places than they do and not because theres 15 lobi hiding on some hidden mountain on vulcan, but for the spirit of adventure and exploration that the series was orinigally supposed to be about.

And on a more poignant note, the best content cryptic has created recently was in fact a shuttle mission. It's just not the one they think is the best...

They created a shuttle mission that was 'a beautiful esd, with a beautiful shuttlebay, and a sign on the door that said 'keep out. not for you. go away'... then they created enough holes in the geometry that players could tell that 'go away' sign where to stick it.

And people were playing that mission all day long for flat zero rewards. And having the best darn time in the world.

Understanding the difference between these two shuttle missions would help cryptic out a ton in figuring out how to keep being the best game possible for years to come.

Yeah you created the game... But the game isnt about you.
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ssargon wrote: »
    Really? I've been doing it for the last three days almost constantly, and the queues always seemed to fill up fast. Sometimes instantly.

Regardless; shuttle alert remained fun even with constant play. I'd love it if this came back soon, hopefully on another weekend when I have loads of time to play it.

I noticed that after my first hundred runs I started to get my fill of it. :P

If it was not such a good reward I would take a break and continue after a day away from it, but alas it is time limited. :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    genhauk wrote: »
    I admit it. ... I'm pleasantly surprised. And most of the KDF players I've fought alongside agree.

Shuttle event is a great success. :)

Seconded - actually loads of fun, and pugs were 100% not terrible!
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
  • gamer940gamer940 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ***deleted***
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ban shuttles please.
    I need a beer.

• smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    More shuttles, more events, more, more, more.

;)
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The 20-shuttle starbase defense was fun. Finally a good outing for that Yellowstone I got at last year's ship giveaway.

I hope shuttle weekend makes a reappearance at some point; it might be hard getting 20 people together for it if it's a regular and not a special feature though.
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I hope shuttle weekend makes a reappearance at some point; it might be hard getting 20 people together for it if it's a regular and not a special feature though.
    I dislike saying "Me, too!" but I'll second that!

Truly a great event!
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I must say, the event was fun and I'm kinda sad that some neat shuttle missions are going away. Fleet Alert feels great in shuttles, especially when compared to its normal version, that stopped being fun long ago with all the power creep that makes enemy groups disappear in seconds. Not the issue with shuttles, fortunately.

I realise Cryptic wants to focus more on events when it comes to PvE, but since shuttles lack any decent content I honestly believe Fleet Alert (Shuttle) should become a permanent addition, with additional rewards available only during Shuttle Event.

Pitty Vault Event wasn't working properly and rewarded mere 20 Marks, even though the blog mentioned and increase in rewards. Didn't have time to check Atmosphere Assault, but I hope this one got/will get an increase in rewards as well.

And for the record - part of the fun was the fact that rewards were great. A single mission with tons of marks of our choice really made the event popular. Something I can't say about many standard PvE missions, which take way more time, yet reward way too little, especially if you consider the cost of reputation items...

I hope the upcoming Elachi Alert will also reward a significant amount of Marks.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I agree that Fleet Alert (Shuttle) should be a permanent addition. So much fun.

Shuttle combat actually feels closer to the shows than full starship combat to me. I like it and want more of it.

MOAR!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Shuttle Weekend Event has now ended. We hope everyone had a wonderful time flying alongside your fellow Captains in shuttles, this weekend!

~LaughingTrendy
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Shuttle Weekend Event has now ended. We hope everyone had a wonderful time flying alongside your fellow Captains in shuttles, this weekend!

~LaughingTrendy

So, be honest, how many times did you blow up in your shuttle?
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ferengi don't blow up, they run!
  • chrishellmax2363chrishellmax2363 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    can you guys really install instances between groups of 20, seriously the lag recorded was off the charts as far as the events go.

overall great event great payouts. Thanks.
    Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.
  • mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I blew up once per Fleet Action. It seemed less, I don't know, 'cheap' than getting defeated in a proper ship. You're a little ship poking cruisers with torpedoes. Getting vaporized seems like the natural outcome of events, and a pleasant surprise when it doesn't happen. (Compare with, for example, eating a one-shot Borg torpedo while in an excessively equipped cruiser.)
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes, I agree, the event was amazing. I almost skipped out on it until my fleetmates found out I was doing "normal" grinding in the BZ and one of them started teasing me. After doing a round, I decided to stick around and I'm glad I did.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited June 2014

~LaughingTrendy

I'm going to miss Shuttle Fleet Alert... best source of Fleet Marks in the game. Pass along to the devs, small Fleets need that back. :p
  • rollercoasterrollercoaster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank you for a very fun, and rewarding event.

While I didn't have as much fun with the other missions, fleet alerts in shuttles felt exactly like the Zerg-fest high reward days of the classic Mirror Invasion but running all day for a whole weekend!

Hmm, could a shuttle classic Mirror work, with say teams of 10?

For rewards, have marks the same as fleet alert but add the option of choosing Dilithium instead if one wants.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just wanted to say thanks Cryptic for the shuttle event. Enjoyed being able to meaningfully fly my shuttle around for a bit.

The Fleet Alert was great. My only suggestion would be to have the other promoted shuttle queues pay out the same amount of marks during the event.
    It was just constant Fleet Alert the whole weekend.

I like the Atmosphere Assault one but with lower payout and no benefit time wise it was a poor option to spend your time with. As a result everyone was cramming into Fleet Alert. As fun as FA is, being able to do the others during the event would've been nice (and is surely the point of the event too?).

Please consider equalising the marks payouts (to FA level) next time across all the shuttle queues.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just wanted to add my +1 to the shuttle event. Yes, the rewards were very good, but it was also a lot of fun trying out different shuttles and fighters in a meaningful way. I think this is a part of the game that is ripe for expansion, perhaps with more in the way of shuttle only powers, abilities, fittings and doffs. I think some super OP shuttle only sets could really get people excited without breaking the rest of the game.

Thanks for a great event.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2014
    nice event

Thumbs up really enjoyed it

Lets do a new one with Tier 2 ships :P
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    Lets do a new one with Tier 2 ships :P

I really enjoyed it as well. But how about one small suggestion:

Allow tier I ships and freighters in. They have similar combat abilities to Shuttles, and it'd give me an excuse to fly my Connie and Oberth ships. And those of use with freighters would also welcome the chance to dust them off and get them blooded.
  • pteal1979pteal1979 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    really enjoyed this event, now i'm back using my fleet defiant it feels like i have lead in my boots!
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Fun Event! Wish it had gone on longer. I was on vacation for most of it.
    But now I am stuck looking for PVE queues to fill to get my rep marks. Something needs to be done about that. Obviously the incentive is not great enough to fill the PVE queues now.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Best event yet. I absolutely enjoyed it. Farmed enough fleet marks to finish my 100% Aux Vesta, bought my 2 Elite Turrets. Then I farmed Borg rep to upgrade my Borg deflector and engine to Mk XII. Lastly I farmed enough Undine, Voth, and Nukara rep to finish those out. Also, despite earlier predictions, I had no issues with getting into the Fleet Starbase Defense with my Klingon. Queues popped just as fast as the Feds.

Looking forward to the summer event, and hope the shuttle event returns sooner rather than later. :D
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=