Comments

• organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zathri83 wrote: »
    Servers need an aux to hamster build. :cool:

Auxiliary in Animal :D
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This week's maintenance will be a longer downtime as we are doing extra work on the servers at our service center.

We hope this will help with recent issues and unexpected outages.

As far as this thread is concerned, things got real ugly real quick, and that is a shame.

We have protocols we are expected to follow each week with maintenance, and we will continue to do so. This week doesn't have a list of issues being fixed with this maintenance, but we will continue to monitor the Bug Reports and Forum posts and reply accordingly.

Thanks for your patience everyone, please keep on track with this discussion thread and refrain from Flaming/Trolling.

~CaptainSmirk
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    askray wrote: »
    If it's a known issue with a developer response, then it gets added to that list (and also realize I'm not responsible for said list). Also, it might be in the internal bug tracker but nothing replied to about it just yet. It's hard to say honestly. That's the best answer I can give sorry :(

I loathe seeing "server stability updates" in the patch notes when the game has bugs left and right that keep going unpatched.

Also, the whole "known issue with a dev response" thread is a sad joke. Case in point, http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=902991, see page 3, got a developer response on Feb 6, 2014 and nowhere to be found in the list. Lets try an older bug, the Gamma Orionis sector defense accolade, that one is a couple of years old, everyone knows it's bugged and there have been a lot of threads about it, but the devs choose to ignore it rather than fix it.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You sure? They said the gonna pick me up next week for additional experiments.
    Last I heard, we're working out the logistics on that plan....

Wait.. you didn't read that.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have no grounds for this, but my head sensors predict Season 9.5 to be around the corner. Or at least an equivalently large patch. Normally lonely "Server Stability Updates" weekly updates lead up to that...

.... I could be wrong though.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Last I heard, we're working out the logistics on that plan....

Wait.. you didn't read that.

What? But.. but I need to flame a little bit more against Trolls and insulting Ranters.. There is so less I have in my life. :D

(Maybe I just need to learn to keep my mouth shut...)
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

Dude. Calm. Down. Every MMO is like this.

lol, nice joke.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014

So yeah. You clearly have been misinformed about the video game industry and bug fixes.

Sorry, but i think you are the one who dont have any idea.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lol, nice joke.

Wow, that's pathetic.

I have no desire to engage you in conversation, but, dude. At least the other complainer actually had some substance. This is just sad.

On a lighter note, I will enjoy exploring the game looking for stealth patches tomorrow. And I strongly suspect that either a new FE series or a season 9.5 is coming...
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dude. Calm. Down. Every MMO is like this.

lol, nice joke.

You can use the Multi-off-->Multi-on toggle to reply to more than one post, replying to each /QUOTE...
    So yeah. You clearly have been misinformed about the video game industry and bug fixes.

...after the segment that you are referring to. Not that I formatted it that way; I just wanted to show you how if you weren't aware of it. Otherwise, have fun :D

[EDIT] Nesting multiple quotes like the edit I just did is more of a pain, unfortunately. Some forums make that easy, some don't; this one is the latter, but it is doable.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • ballzthecatballzthecat Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You can really see what they care about. Star Trek Online has lots of bugs that are really TRIBBLE the game up, and all they care about is adding a stupid shuttle event on the next maint. I think there are way more important things to worry about, dont you?
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    I think it's time to stop writing up "stability updates." At this point it only serves to anger and frustrate players. Just say there no updates this week and that you're doing your routine weekly maintenance.

They used to do that but too many players said - "Tell us something, even if it's just a server side update..."
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Let me clear something up. I can tell you this, with the amount of code this game has, devs cant just snap their fingers and find the bug, or snap their fingers to fix a bug they have found. These things are not as straightforward as many seem to believe they are.

For those who dont like reading: Coding on the scale of this game is a pain in the TRIBBLE to comb through and fix.
  • t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    edited May 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Can we just stop and share some hugs? =(

*hugs*

/10 char
  • hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dude, have you ever SEEN other MMOs?

I played WOW a few years back, and got caught as some guys spread the corrupted blood plague across an entire server. Literally nobody could so much as talk to a vendor without dying, thanks to a more-or-less organized group of about five hundred people actively exploiting a bug.

I played LOTRO and DDO, and I can tell you first-hand that on DDO's last expansion release, all of their servers were down for a week.
    i agree wish you some of the other games i have played one of wich was offline for two weeks or more so imo a few hours is alot better than that hell one game kept on having login problems for 2 months
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Can we just stop and share some hugs? =(

Hugs are OP, plz nerf :P
    edited May 2014
    Hugs are OP, plz nerf :P

not sheldon cooper hugs :P
    edited May 2014
    i agree wish you some of the other games i have played one of wich was offline for two weeks or more so imo a few hours is alot better than that hell one game kept on having login problems for 2 months

some ppl need to take the down time to go fly a kite or something lol.
    edited May 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Seriously? That involves going outside - and some think that 'outside' is just an unproven myth.

*feels a breeze* where is this fresh air coming from!?!?!?
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *feels a breeze* where is this fresh air coming from!?!?!?
    Must be a fan in front of your window.
    At least I belive that that hole in the wall there is a window.;)
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Jesus, all of this TRIBBLE over a routine bout of weekly maintenance.

Some people need to flush the stupid pills and take a chill pill instead.:rolleyes:
  • lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Closing your etablissement for a 4 hours maintenance... during european primetime... and half of europe has a holiday... you are a shame for every ferengi:p
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lebtron wrote: »
    Closing your etablissement for a 4 hours maintenance... during european primetime... and half of europe has a holiday... you are a shame for every ferengi:p

You're taking Europe way too important.
    We don't cause enough game traffic to be of significance for their decision when to schedule their maintenance.

Besides the fact that the servers are located in America.
    Which means the people there just started working when the maintenance begins.
    (Yes. Even americans have some off time...):P
    Jesus, all of this TRIBBLE over a routine bout of weekly maintenance.

Some people need to flush the stupid pills and take a chill pill instead.:rolleyes:
    I'm not sure if a single, simple chill pill would be enough for them...

I'd recommend a dose of that stuff Bones used in that episode with the "Jack the Ripper"-entity. ;)
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
    edited May 2014
    You're taking Europe way too important.
    We don't cause enough game traffic to be of significance for their decision when to schedule their maintenance.

Besides the fact that the servers are located in America.
    Which means the people there just started working when the maintenance begins.
    (Yes. Even americans have some off time...):P

I know that european players seem to be much less than americans, but there are still a lot. So a true ferengi would do the maintenance during chinese prime time;) Cannot be that for the welfare of a few employee a whole continent runs dry.

PS: Maybe I am playing that ferengi role too long already^^
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lebtron wrote: »
    I know that european players seem to be much less than americans, but there are still a lot. So a true ferengi would do the maintenance during chinese prime time;) Cannot be that for the welfare of a few employee a whole continent runs dry.

PS: Maybe I am playing that ferengi role too long already^^

Well how ferengi is it to have to pay your team of developers lots of over time to do it during this time? Which is about the prime time for China?

HAH! :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

edited May 2014
    Well how ferengi is it to have to pay your team of developers lots of over time to do it during this time? Which is about the prime time for China?

I see you are thinking the right way. We should sack them and hire some chinese developers^^

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Seriously? That involves going outside - and some think that 'outside' is just an unproven myth.

I've been there, outside, it's a scary place indeed.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    I've been there, outside, it's a scary place indeed.

As someone once said - the graphics are amazing but the storyline sucks.

Maybe RL needs the bug fix!!!
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.