test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (6AM - 10AM May 29, 2014) [COMLETED]

1235»

Comments

• mcmichealsmcmicheals Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I dunno if my 64mb ibm can stand that patch,Man *FREAK OUT*:eek:;)
    captains-log.jpg
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

~CaptainSmirk
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

~CaptainSmirk

Yay! Shuttle weekend time!
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Delta Flyer ready ... ENGAGE!
    P58WJe7.jpg

• blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While server stability might seem like an acceptable answer as far as patch notes go to some, others find it infuriating. The first line of your post here should have been in both the patch notes as well as the op of this thread.

Things get ugly because a lot of the time when you do "server stability" there's a patch that ends up going along with it, with nothing besides that in the patch notes which leads people to believe that there was more than meets the eye i.e. stealth nerfs, and that the server ends up being less stable than what it was PRIOR TO THE MAINTENANCE.

Several people also noted the removal of the known issues list that went along with the patch notes, this is also frustrating for players since all of these bugs still exist to players but removing them and the known issues list entirely, gives the appearance that the developers consider them to be a non issue.

Just some things to keep in mind:

Elaborate on "server stability" - a lot of players evidenced by this thread are tired of hearing that term and infact draw negative connotations when that terminology is used.

Stop stealth nerfing/changing things - players want to know everything that is going on with the game, regardless of how trivial it may be.

Always have a known issues list - players want to know that the developers know about their issues and are working to resolve them, even if the resolution does not come in this specific patch.
    You must be blind then, since here's the master list of bugs.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    4 hours downtime for server stability upgrades? Well, crapola. Now I have to go out and pretend that I'm a productive citizen. Stuff that! I'm making a pizza!

You don't have to pretend, making pizza is a cournerstone to civilised society.

Make it a chicken and bacon stuffed crust with a BBQ sauce and I'll eat it whilst playing :D
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you think dil/zen is high here step into Neverwinter, its over 400 Astral Diamonds per Zen

Thats because thier foundry is probably way more broke then STO's. To push that stuff into the economy of the game because thier is not many players on an active scale playing it. Or paying for it for that matter.

stealth nerfs, and everything included, you guys forget when you "agreed" to the ToS, you agreed to the company running the game how they want to. Because it is thier property.

If you dont like it, i can tell you some other MMO's you can play, that are more of a headache to play then this one.

What this game needs is a better code, and the current team working on it, is writing that code, without having to cost the company money, without having to TRIBBLE us off with a crapload of downtime too.

Without affecting your game time, please remember this stuff takes TIME.

Also remember, they do certain unseen stuff to pump up the economy for the game, maybe due to a dissapointing turn out for a season..... Season 8's dinosaurs with lazors was a big turn off for alot of players. It COST the company a LARGE amount of players... those who stuck around after the first week of season 8 realized its pretty damn good.

Keep in mind, they are not going to put in patch notes, who is getting banned on a mass scale either. They aslo need to kill how ever this new MACRO works. If they dont fix these, Unseen to you, the players, issues, the cost of dilithium would be like it is in neverwinter, 400 per not 150 per.

I SERIOUSLY think the GENERAL Crytpic team is not out to chase customers away.

I dunno about 'some" of the staff, but whatever, over all i know this team does care about the customer base, and whether this is F2p completly, or P2p for you, you will spend RL cash on it if you can.

Boils down to those dollar signs. What they SHOULD do is Reward RANK 7 FLEET LEADERS. We do alot for this game in the form of dollar signs.... And excpet for our fleet members, we get ZERO appreciation for our own hard work running a fleet. Expecially with the glitches, ( not so bad anymore ) coming from the interface, we need to use alot more then a regular player.

If CRYPTIC WAS SMART THEY WOULD CREATE SOME SORT oF RANK 7 FLEET LEADER FORUM or something where as WE RESPONSIBLE FLEET LEADERS can sit down and discuss issues with the game in a NON aggressive fashion WITH THE DEVS DIRECTLY. Call it a tier 5 unlock to wade out the smaller poorly ran fleets. Because fleets ARE the money maker in this game, and EVERY FLEET LEADER is MICRO MANAGING the DOLLAR SIGNS cryptic recieves.

It could be like the Captians Table... but we get to know a certain time or day, or maybe we create a channel in the game, the devs can talk to leaders directly. Call it Dev chat, and anybody that joins that isnt a fleet leader, just auto silence em so we dont get interrupted when talking... that way at least players can see whats going on.

That could also kill the myth some of the devs are in a certain really bad nasty troll fleet..... And fleet leaders would at least get a forum/area to discuss issues in the game. THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE CRYTPIC NEEDS TO BE TALKING TO, THE TIER 5 FLEET LEADERS. Sorry but WE DO know the most about the game, no offense.

Most of us anyway. :D
This discussion has been closed.