test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Generations; 20th Anniverary

doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
Please exploit the fact that in November it is 20 years since Generations released, and give us a Galaxy-class interior, with proper engine room and warp core, ten-forward and a better representation of the galaxy bridge seen in the movie! Make me spend money!!!!!!
Post edited by doctorfunke1 on

Comments

• Options
    teluasteluas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Holy TRIBBLE, its been 20 years already???

Damn, I feel old...
  • Options
    blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    here here. anything for a proper galaxy class interior. and this would be a good reason.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Agreed.

But it should be a saucer section only interior with a huge sunroof. You know, just like after Deanna took the helm.
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They keep saying the size of the bridge is to allow the camera to follow you better, since it needs to occupy the game map and can't shoot through solid objects.

SO if you don't mind a bridge with wonky camera angles, go ahead.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    teluas wrote: »

Damn, I feel old...

QFT

/10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They keep saying the size of the bridge is to allow the camera to follow you better, since it needs to occupy the game map and can't shoot through solid objects.

no, that doesn't work on us anymore. we know it's bs.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • Options
    eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Twenty...?

No. No, it cannot be, and I refuse to believe it.

NOPE NOPE NOPE
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    blevok wrote: »
    no, that doesn't work on us anymore. we know it's bs.

Right, all they have to do is just switch to first-person mode. It would be like backing your character up to a wall is STO.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, PLEASE, give us the Enterprise-D interior pack with the original TNG Enterprise-D bridge (ironically, not the 'Generations' one cause that's in game :D) for the Generations anniversary!
    I'm sooooo buying that!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I'm fine with the level of compromise seen on the Defiant and TOS interiors. Those are a bit bigger but very true to size. I wish all ship interiors were in the scale of the two replicas... and would devour a TNG interior replica.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

The Andorian bridge tells a different story. If it is possible to make the Andorian bridge look and feel compact compared to some bridges we consider oversized, it should be possible to do so with a new bridge as well.

Besides, size is not such an issue to most of us as is having the authentic TNG look.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can the Klingons get a BoP with 100% to shield bleed vs Galaxy class starships? ;)

Also they should totally bundle the Galaxy bridge with a proper Sovereign bridge, both ships are long overdue their iconic bridges in game.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    Can the Klingons get a BoP with 100% to shield bleed vs Galaxy class starships? ;)

No, because then the Dominion would want those weapons, too.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Damn, I feel old...

I was totally thing exactly the same thing. I saw it 4 times when it was in theaters...when I was 9 XP
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    TRIBBLE the interior, use this opportunity to make the galaxy R NOT the worst ship in the game by a mile.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Funny. Doesn't seem to be an issue with the in proportion Connie and Defiant interiors.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Heck I'd just be happy if the current Galaxy bridges had the other two chairs in the central area. It looks weird, a single chair in a huge open space like that.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Heck I'd just be happy if the current Galaxy bridges had the other two chairs in the central area. It looks weird, a single chair in a huge open space like that.

Uhm...I supose you're talking about the free Galaxy "type" bridge. The ones in the Galaxy bridge C-Store pack all have 3 chairs in the central area, furthermore I was shocked when I bought them to see that my first and second in command are actually seating in them as they should! :eek:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Damn, I feel old...

Yup, same here.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Uhm...I supose you're talking about the free Galaxy "type" bridge. The ones in the Galaxy bridge C-Store pack all have 3 chairs in the central area, furthermore I was shocked when I bought them to see that my first and second in command are actually seating in them as they should! :eek:

Really? Weird. I had all 3 Galaxy c-store ships before they did the reboot and bulk-pack thing and it added the bridge pack to my list (I think it did), but when I went through a couple different ones they were all missing the chairs for my First Officer and Reserve Conn Officer. Guess I didn't go through them all.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Funny. Doesn't seem to be an issue with the in proportion Connie and Defiant interiors.
    I remember Devs stating that the coding for Bridges was changed in the game at some point to account for the camera, so Bridges made after that change could be smaller without any camera issues. Unfortunately no one has ever gotten around to redoing the older Bridges - and that is one reason why the default ship Bridge was changed to what we currently have.

Edit: Here is one such post:
    tacofangs wrote: »
    In general, giant interiors are a legacy thing. These tend to be old kits that were made during the game's initial development. At the time the prevailing thought was that they would be used for combat, with a full team, and thus needed room for that. They were also tall because of concerns over the camera and letting people see what they were doing. More modern interiors (Romulan ship kit for instance) tend to be more in line with human scale.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,062 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Might have to bust out my TNG/DS9 uniforms again.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    20th anniversary of generations?

Isn't the nexus supposed to return in 2410?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,062 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Would be interesting... someone do the math or something! We must know!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    20th anniversary of generations?

Isn't the nexus supposed to return in 2410?
    Yeah, 2410; so hopefully it will be part of an FE sometime soon. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Shiny. Bring on the Nexus!
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    how much do you think it would cost to get Bill Shatner and Sir patrick to do voice overs for a nexus FE?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    how much do you think it would cost to get Bill Shatner and Sir patrick to do voice overs for a nexus FE?
    Those are the two most expensive VO actors in Star Trek. DStahl once joked that he was going to put a $150,000.00 item in the C-Store to pay for Spiner to do Data VO work, so I can only imagine how much those two would want.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Damn, I feel old...

Yeah, me too.