Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Generations; 20th Anniverary

13»

Comments

• Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know what they should give us for the 20th of Generations, the outfits Lursa and B'Etor wore in Generations. Yes I know its not something Fed based, well unless you play a Fedingon, but come on.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited May 2014
    Generations anniversary?

AND the Nexus is supposed to return in 2410?

Well, then how about an FE that changes the fact that CAPTAIN KIRK DIED BY FALLING OFF A FREAKING BRIDGE.

A boy can dream...
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    Generations anniversary?

AND the Nexus is supposed to return in 2410?

Well, then how about an FE that changes the fact that CAPTAIN KIRK DIED BY FALLING OFF A FREAKING BRIDGE.

A boy can dream...

THIS! SO MUCH THIS!!!

Though technically he didn't fall off the bridge, he clung on as it fell and it landed on top of him. Sorry sometimes my inner nerd gets the best of me.

But again, retcon Kirks death! NOW!!

Or at least give him a better death, you know going out after fighting thirty Gorn in hand to hand combat or something similar. It must be spectacular!

Edit: Edited for general spelling and grammatical errors.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A flyable Galaxy saucer section would be nice.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    angarus1 wrote: »

and carrier controls for saucer or drive section depending on which section you are flying!
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Activate Attack Pattern Troi.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I never understood why this wasn't implemented in the same way the Prometheus works. You click on the section you want to fly and then the ship separates. The other sections become pets for the most part. Hopefully they update the saucer seaparation console to do this in the future.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I meant the saucer as a completely separate ship* like the Aquarius, but I'm liking the Prometheus control idea too. :)

* Granted, the saucer doesn't have a warp drive in canon.
  • Options
    doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree, theres a Romulan ship that you can control on or the other, in the same way the Promethues, you can choose what section, the saucer should have a permanent mounted aft torpedo, and maybe a few other things inherent with the saucers abilities from the show.
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    20 years? OH GOD WHY!!! WHY HAVE YOU POINTED THIS OUT!?!? YOU MONSTER!!
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    20 years? OH GOD WHY!!! WHY HAVE YOU POINTED THIS OUT!?!? YOU MONSTER!!

God wills it!!!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    and I am God!
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It's also the 50th anniversary of The Cage.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So here's a wild thought on the ship.

What if you made it reverse MVAM... Almost like the D'Kora's alternate modes.

So you fly in as a Galaxy class but can shed the hull (primary hull warps out) and choose between alternate primary hulls that dock with the same saucer?

Like, say, ability to flip between Dreadnought (minus lance?), Nebula, and Galaxy on the fly, using the same saucer?

Select a mode, your hull disconnects and warps out as your new hull warps in and connects.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I have an idea for a console for the Galaxy only,

Science Console: Low Level Ionic Pulse- Exclusive to Galaxy-class retro fit and Fleet variant only, no Dreadnaughts. During battle with a ship equipped with a cloaking device; initiates only after hull reaches 75%, 15 minute cool down. Scanner on screen, similar to the mini-game for sanning particles comes up, "Scanning Plasma Coil", on a solid lock, something like the mini-games to make it hard, you "initiate ionic pulse" and then your target becomes vulnerable, cloaked with shields down, for set time, something like 5 seconds. Only the player using the console can target the ship cloaking.

this could be an adequate item, along with others I have mentioned that could be offered in a theoretical set to celebrate 20 years of Star Trek Generations!
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just a funny thought but what if instead of a single ability console...

Well, we know a console can provide multiple abilities (look at MVAM)...

What if instead of a SINGLE console ability, we got a "bag of tricks" console for the Galaxy. All fairly low utility individually but, taken together, quite versatile.

Isolinear Triple Core Processor Console (playing off the Galaxy having one more computer core than the Sovvie).

All of the following abilities have a shared 3 minute cooldown:

Dekyon Emission
    Increases Starship Intertial Dampeners, turnrate, impulse speed, teleport immunity for 30 seconds.
    (A play on how the ship broke out of its temporal causality loop since Inertial Dampeners is the skill that would counter Temporal abilities and holds in STO.)

Engine Frequency Reduction
    Reverses power drain and damages targets which attempt to drain ship power for 30 seconds.
    (A play on how they lowered the engine frequency to "sour the milk" with Junior, which was sapping their power.)

Plasma Resonance Sampler
    Bonus to Eng and Aux, repeairs disabled eng and aux.
    (Leah Brahms who designed the Galaxy was an expert in Plasma Resonance sampling and this mirrors the Plasma Manifold that comes with the Oberth, albeit with Eng in place of shields.)

Spectrographic Analysis
    A variation on sensor analysis but targeted at hull damage than shield damage. Does more damage than sensor analysis but only affects hull damage and on a longer cooldown.
    (A routine Geordi and Data commonly ran to investigate the composition of a ship.)

Maybe a passive tossed in there like a range increase and time reduction on particle scanning. Set bonus with other Galaxy consoles, improving their innate abilities. If you want a really wild 3 piece set bonus, maybe an additional ensign universal station opens up on 3 piece equip?

Maybe have the Triple Core Isolinear Processor console equipped on a new cosmetic variant, the Brahms class, named after Leah Brahms who designed the Galaxy.

I think a bag of tricks like this (again, they all share a cooldown) would suit the Galaxy well.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ******nit I am so sick of ship exclusive consoles.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ******nit I am so sick of ship exclusive consoles.

I was protesting it when the Rhode Island first came out. But there were just so many people that had money burning a hole in their pocket that they just had to get that Photonic Decoy console.

If people didn't spend money on these things to begin with, Cryptic wouldn't have devoted time to more of the same.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Just a funny thought but what if instead of a single ability console...

Well, we know a console can provide multiple abilities (look at MVAM)...

What if instead of a SINGLE console ability, we got a "bag of tricks" console for the Galaxy. All fairly low utility individually but, taken together, quite versatile.

Isolinear Triple Core Processor Console (playing off the Galaxy having one more computer core than the Sovvie).

All of the following abilities have a shared 3 minute cooldown:

Dekyon Emission
    Increases Starship Intertial Dampeners, turnrate, impulse speed, teleport immunity for 30 seconds.
    (A play on how the ship broke out of its temporal causality loop since Inertial Dampeners is the skill that would counter Temporal abilities and holds in STO.)

Engine Frequency Reduction
    Reverses power drain and damages targets which attempt to drain ship power for 30 seconds.
    (A play on how they lowered the engine frequency to "sour the milk" with Junior, which was sapping their power.)

Plasma Resonance Sampler
    Bonus to Eng and Aux, repeairs disabled eng and aux.
    (Leah Brahms who designed the Galaxy was an expert in Plasma Resonance sampling and this mirrors the Plasma Manifold that comes with the Oberth, albeit with Eng in place of shields.)

Spectrographic Analysis
    A variation on sensor analysis but targeted at hull damage than shield damage. Does more damage than sensor analysis but only affects hull damage and on a longer cooldown.
    (A routine Geordi and Data commonly ran to investigate the composition of a ship.)

Maybe a passive tossed in there like a range increase and time reduction on particle scanning. Set bonus with other Galaxy consoles, improving their innate abilities. If you want a really wild 3 piece set bonus, maybe an additional ensign universal station opens up on 3 piece equip?

Maybe have the Triple Core Isolinear Processor console equipped on a new cosmetic variant, the Brahms class, named after Leah Brahms who designed the Galaxy.

I think a bag of tricks like this (again, they all share a cooldown) would suit the Galaxy well.

I agree with this, maybe not so extreme as having all these, but for the sake of getting a better Galaxy out of it, Im in. Besides, the ship itself needs a bad overhaul, it looks pretty mishappen. The Ambassador has similar details that are cannon, and they are present in the in-game model, Cryptic, FIX IT!!!!:D