What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    TNG Skant or a modernized 2409 unisex version of it. Maybe with at least knee-high trousers or shorts for men.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    Great suggestions. Keep'em coming :)

I'd like to see the 7 of 9 hand parts made available for males.
    Romulans touch their wrist to transport, I'd like to see more wrist options with screens on them.
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A no-jacket version of the Romulan Republic uniform, a la Picard's S5 TNG jacket-over-pullover arrangement. (With both versions of the undershirt, please. ^_^)

More casual tops for Romulans (especially females), without shoulderpads or shoulderpoints, please. (sleeveless or short-sleeve)

Please make the Tholian "slave" jumpsuits from "Temporal Ambassador" available to player captains and boffs of all factions. :) (All colors and back-logo-colors too, please. I'd love to wear T'nae's red one.)

Kirk's vest from "Generations", which is also seen in other movies, I believe. (ST5, I'm thinking?)

Picard's similar but updated vest from "First Contact".

How about making Romulan pieces have Romulan pallettes. Right now, if you have the Romulan Republic tops, you are able to make Romulan pallette colors on them until you ally with the Feds or KDF, after which you're restricted to the Fed or KDF pallette. Which means no more rich dark blacks (both), no greens (KDF), no bright career colors (KDF), no more really good purples (both)...

More footwear choices for RomKDFs and KDF in general other than Orion females. Right now, the only choices are bulky, stupid-looking Klingon boots and more bulky, stupid-looking Klingon boots. Surely some species prefer their own non-spiky-toed non-leg-expanding footwear.

The Tal Shiar uniform is incomplete. I'm sure it's documented elsewhere in detail, but you can't make any rank's uniform in full, let alone special ones like Sela or Hakeev.

The Bortasqu' uniform is similarly incomplete. Again, documented elsewhere.

More Romulan and KDF uniform variations and canon imports in general. Admittedly, I'm an outfit junky, but my Fed list of tops scrolls when I create a new outfit, but my KDF and Rom lists seem puny in comparison. Surely there are more styles of outfits to bring in to both.

Also, please let the Romulans use more of the KDF and Fed options. There's no reason IMHO why a Romulan should be trusted with a Federation ship and not be trusted to wear their uniforms.
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How about the tricorder holder, cross-draw phaser holster and wrist mounted flashlight from Voyager and later.

Making the tricorder and holster hip attachments would be nice, so we could use them together and with a belt.

The satchel style tricorder from TOS would be nice too, as a chest gear option.

I'm sure there are lots of other as-seen-on-tv kit items folks can think of too.
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I know this is wrapped up with the summer event swimwear stuff, but having the ability NOT have a shirt for male/female characters who aren't Orions would be a big boon to potential uniform combinations, particularly with all the new kit gear added recently. Not trying to turn things into a swimwear party or whatever, but I mean Orions can go shirtless but nobody else can? eh.

For more straightforward suggestions.

1. Tricorders. In TNG the pants had a pocket you could stick a tricorder in, having that as a 'belt' option (along with a phaser) would be great.

2. The holographic (orange) isolation suits used to study the Baku. So like, actually just the bright orange suits.

3. The heavy bomber jacket uniform

4. Admiral's uniform and rank/combage from Future Imperfect

5. Assignment Patches. All of them

6. Admiral Nakamura's custom admiral's uniform

7. Dress jacket

8. TOS Cadet's uniform

9. Kirk's 'Excursion Jacket'

10. Enlisted crew uniform

11. Early TNG skirted uniforms

12. The Skant.

13. Surgical scrubs

14. Maternity variant uniforms

15. Uniform undershirt (actually work without the top uniform. Would be nice to have that as a costume option.

16. Captain's vest

17. Lab coat worn on top of uniform

18. Every single one of Guinan's hats.

19. Baseball cap

20.TOS officer's hat

21. Deanna Troi's early hairstyle/headband

22. Ro Laren's headband/hairstyle

23. Scottie's dress uniform with full kilt.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Callevista will regret his post for "more ideas from us" :D
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's not technically a costume, but I'm not sure I can express how much I'd love to see TOS Federation communicators added, with corresponding sounds and animations to replace the combadge animation when using it.
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How many others have asked for more "offduty" outfits?
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014

Uniforms
    ENT: Admirals uniform. The nametape and epaulets from 2161.

Cage: Well all of these.

TOS: Kirks tunic without the rank braid but with gold trim. Options for other ships patches.

TMP: Captains short sleeves variant, open collar version, two piece version etc.

TWOK: Admirals variant. Waistcoat (Kirks 2 versions, Scotty's version, and Saaviks version). Enlisted variant. Crew neck variant (pre TNG standard)

TNG: All Admiral variants. Future imperfect combadges. Picards suede jacket. YE variants. SKANT!. Doctors coat, rolled up sleeves. Acting ensign variant (both of them). Cadet variants (with the high collars and pockets on the legs). Enlisted variants (the modified S1 uniforms).

DS9 / VOY: Admiral variants (Admiral Ross). Engineering coat (B'Lana) and lab coat (Zimmerman). Cadet variants (with the high collars and pockets on the legs).

DS9 / FC: Admirals Belt (the square one). Captains waistcoat (Picard's with round shoulders or Sisko's with squared off shoulders) Cadet variants.

AGT: Gold trim admirals tunic, Janeways trenchcoat.

Wells: Braxtons original uniform from Futures End.

EV Suits
    ENT: SF and MACO suits

TOS: EV suit. Life support belt (from TAS).

TMP: Thruster Suits and hazard suits.

TWOK: EV Suits and hazard suits.

MACO
    ENT: Well the ENT MACO costume dur :D

TMP: Security armour.

TWOK: Security guard and Prison guard.

TFF: The ground commandos uniforms from the raid on Paradise City.

DS9: The heavy leather outfits from various episodes.

Dress and excursion uniforms
    ENT: Dress uniform (see archer in TATV), jackets (two types), Desert uniform, Cold weather gear.

Cage: Dress uniform, Field jacket.

TOS: Dress kilt.

TMP: Field jacket.

TWOK: Bomber Jacket. Field jacket.

TNG: Dress uniforms (3 versions). Field uniform (From VOY). Training uniform (VOY).

DS9 / FC: Desert uniform.

Other
    Jumpsuits and athletic / leisure outfits.

ENT and Cage hats.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Everything in this article, except for the one or two pieces that are already in the game.

Oh, and CROSS-FACTION, all of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It's not technically a costume, but I'm not sure I can express how much I'd love to see TOS Federation communicators added, with corresponding sounds and animations to replace the combadge animation when using it.

This would be awesome.

Tie it in to the badges used, so if TOS badges use TOS communicator, likewise for Ent, TMP and TWOK badges/patches.

Add tricorders in the style too.

And while I'm wishing, how about some weapons to match the era uniforms too? We have the TOS phasers but I think we're missing TMP, TWOK and Ent stuff. The standard issue phasers are close-ish for TNG/DS9/Voy.
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To add to my last post, we should have off-duty outfits that are more fantasy then sci-fi, not chainmail bikinis obviously(already have those anyway), instead more like the rom senate robe, Tabards, Dolmans, something with detached sleeves. Maybe look around on some art sites.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    captz1pp wrote: »
    To add to my last post, we should have off-duty outfits that are more fantasy then sci-fi...
    Well, I honestly don't see why not. Some amusing cross-pollination with other games under the Arc/PW portfolio is possible... in this vein I'd already pointed to various Torchlight 2 armor styles ((un)common; rare; unique - French language, but easy enough to navigate), and surely other MMOs (Champions, Jade Dynasty, and the under-development Swordsman) have much to offer...

Oh, and thanks for reminding me to dust off the senate robes again.
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Andorian Imperial Guard uniforms, please!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    Andorian Imperial Guard uniforms, please!

Accessorries too! Andorian dueling ice axes would be cool.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Theta Radiation scars pack. Based on Trip/etc.

One episode of Voyager ("Coda") had Janeway's dad in a hybrid TNG S1/WoK jacket. It might be another wacky admiral coat but I like to think it was the official uniform at one point. Maybe in a two pack with the no-collar WoK variants and/or WoK enlisted uniforms.

Likewise Garth of Izar's suit. It was reused as something we saw dignitaries in but may or may not be a uniform from before The Cage. It has some really crazy details if you have the fur coat and crown as optional pieces.

"Live Fast and Prosper" fake Starfleet uniforms, faction free. (The whole point is that they're a bad copy.)

Wesley's acting ensign uniform with the three department color rainbow stripe. (This often gets misread visually as Wesley's bad fashion sense. I gather that it deliberately had three department colors to indicate he worked in all departments.)

I'd also like to see Mirror Kirk tanktop and belt (his belt wrap was tied on the other side), the ability to properly display the Mirror combadge on the right on MU uniforms along with medals.

Hair styles, particularly short ones for men and preferably with the angled sideburns almost all Starfleet officers had on the shows. (They even painted them on or used prosthetics to make sure guest stars had them, including non-Starfleet officers.) I always really dug how they styled people in Trials and Tribble-ations to look era appropriate. It would rock if you looked at Madmen for reference (with V sideburns) because they have a lot of short retro-classic men's haircuts without dipping into silly perms and stuff that got dated. While I wouldn't object to a Shatner style or two either.

More totally receded hairstyles for Klingons and Cardassians. I'd like to see long chin-length hairstyles that don't curve around. Your bald long hair styles currently tend to clip with collars, especially in motion but wouldn't as much if they were more restrained in the back.

The horseshoe. The Doctor had it, Picard had it, Pressman had it. It's a great "square" hairstyle.

TNG Admiral coat ala the one worn by Pressman and Riker. AGT Admiral coat. These both seem like they could build off the work done on the DS9 Admiral coat.

2410 Mirror Odyssey. It would be nice if these guys got proper TE badges on the right side, got away from pips (Mirror rank insignia was always different) and got into medals, epaulets, bare midriffs, vest wearing captains, etc. One thing I've also been toying with for a long time is the idea of Mirror MACO gear which is a pretty sure Lobi "upgrade" you could do like the Jem'Hadar set. Take MACO but spin it off in a Roman direction with alusions to centurions and gladiators. Something that evokes the feather headpiece, bare arms, maybe a skirt. Strip down the MACO gear and make it Roman.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Uniforms

Wells: Braxtons original uniform from Futures End.

This is the same uniform as the one from Relativity. Just don't display rank pips and go for more vivid colors. Same badge even.

Though I wouldn't be opposed AT ALL to more future variants in the vein of the Korath. 29th century versions of all kinds of other costumes.

Personally, my big request with all of these is to make them faction unlocked. They're from the future. Whenever we see the future on Trek, it's quite common to see futures where empires have shifted. They had a Xindi serving on the Enterprise-J.

So I don't see why the Korath can't be open to Feds or the Wells can't be open to Romulans or Klingons, even if it's just access through an added dropdown (in addition to its placement in the uniform section for Feds).

We're talking crew/captains/costumes from a parallel future. Anyone could be working for anyone in a possible future. I can get maybe Feds only being able to mix and match it because of design limits but you could have it ALSO accessible via separate dropdown so KDF or Romulans can use it by itself.

It's a source of frustration for Romulans anyway since they can buy them but can only dress BOs in them.

Oh... And howabout Vorgon?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Vorgon

Also... I'll toss out there a Halloween idea:

Masks.

It's a new head dropdown. When selected, you get the options and limitations of that species.

It would be fairly easy to populate out with basic stuff (I can see human, Klingon, Gorn, Caitian, Vulcan, Ferengi, and Nausicaan being popular) but could also be a way to get players some things like Jem'Hadar heads, Hirogen heads, etc. You don't have to worry about the full body being accurate when in swimwear and the complexion could be setup separate from the body, to stop at the neck. Since it's a mask.

Great Halloween or New Year's item.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Personally, my big request with all of these is to make them faction unlocked. They're from the future. Whenever we see the future on Trek, it's quite common to see futures where empires have shifted...

We're talking crew/captains/costumes from a parallel future. Anyone could be working for anyone in a possible future.
    Quite true. There're also parallel presents... recall the alternate Klingons seen in the 'Parallel Lives' two-off...
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    This is the same uniform as the one from Relativity. Just don't display rank pips and go for more vivid colors. Same badge even.

Not quite. It's tunic is a dark red not black and the department colour is the same material as the rest of it, rather than the quilted material from Relativity.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Not quite. It's tunic is a dark red not black and the department colour is the same material as the rest of it, rather than the quilted material from Relativity.

I'm pretty sure that's lighting distortion. It's black in person. You can see it in the second part of Future's End.

It's red black (fabric is red black or green black) that's what the H1 color is in the tailor.

Sold catch on the uniform texture not being quilted though. It had a mottled coloration.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I like the look of the jackets from the winter event, but I'd more like to have them in an open variety, we don't have any open jacket looks yet outside of the c-store fed uniforms. Figure I'd go ahead and speak up now half a year before the winter event so there's time to think about it.
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can we please have proper versions of the open First Contact uniforms? They've been needing fixing for a long time now.
  • Options
    gbw2318gbw2318 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If they will make this vest, I will never post in this thread again.

479px-Jean-Luc_Picard_in_vest%2C_2373.jpg
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *More organic head attach pieces please. Frills, flaps, fronds, pointy things, amphibian gills (neck or head), horns, bones, crests, much longer antennae, tentacles. For the tops, sides, back, forehead, neck, chin, (shoulders?), etc..

Inspiration:
    https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/85492ab5b65f6a24905843263a7aa27d/tumblr_mgfbbcB0nx1rp6cnqo1_r1_500.jpg
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1813425&d=1376528380
    http://brianlindahl.com/wp-content/gallery/concept-art/aquatic-dragon-creature-game-concept-art-brian-lindahl.jpg
    http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110405111032/james-camerons-avatar/nl/images/e/e8/Hammerhead_Titanothere.png
    http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/026/d/c/direhorse_by_christinagoffin-d384h0j.jpg
    http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/152/0/f/Thanator_by_imbong.jpg
    http://4.thumbs.beta.scribol.com/4/sites/default/files/images/http-inlinethumb23.webshots.com-37270-2020806310104237032S500x500Q85.jpg?a=b
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111118131610/dinosaurs/images/2/2a/Dimetrodon_profile.jpg

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/uploads/attachments/42/predator-040.jpg?1338323925
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/346/a/7/alien_concept_serra9zit_by_cgptteam-d5nt7z0.jpg
    http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131206105630/starwars/images/3/30/Twi%27lek_citizen-GOI.JPG
    http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs44/f/2009/139/9/c/Sentient_Alien_by_bugball.jpg
    http://www.creaturespot.com/storage/Alien_demo_web.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1300763236648

http://comps.canstockphoto.com/can-stock-photo_csp5363364.jpg
    http://www.bubblews.com/assets/images/news/2069691378_1377539979.jpg
    http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/138586/138586,1300709656,6/stock-photo-white-rooster-with-red-crest-isolated-on-white-73603354.jpg
    http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/195049/195049,1234527969,3/stock-photo-peacock-side-shot-detailing-head-eye-and-crest-feathers-24901099.jpg
    http://www.mdavid.com.au/cockatoo/images/cockatoo101.jpg
    (I'm not specifically asking for plumage since there aren't any avian assets in the game, but bird crests are good shape/pattern reference; avians would be cool eventually though, with vestigial feathers.)

*More tech attach pieces. (This also includes headdresses)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/291/8/a/alien_concept_by_h_a_y_l-d4d9h3j.jpg
    https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp0f1tj0JX1r0b7j1o1_500.jpg
    http://www.wetanz.com/assets/Uploads/drwhoborusa01alrg.jpg
    http://jp5.r0tt.com/l_2df6e190-ef64-11e1-a9ca-e97988500005.jpg
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/022/5/f/cyberpunk_spartan_helmet_concept_by_coryawesome-d5sdbv2.jpg

*Various tails for Alien species, forked, thin, thick, varying lengths
    *More tattoo and scar decal options!

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    10348665_10152462189291419_2007849799014092057_o.jpg

This for our Liberated Borg Captains. I know the Engineering Female Fed BOFF has a version of it, but somewhat crappy one (Read as skin-revealing & totally not making sense for a Borg to try and be 'fashionable'), so it would be a nice thing to have. I mean, it is in the game already, so why not give it to our Captains :o
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    hawkhawkinshawkhawkins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Edo. That is all.
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014

This for our Liberated Borg Captains. I know the Engineering Female Fed BOFF has a version of it, but somewhat crappy one (Read as skin-revealing & totally not making sense for a Borg to try and be 'fashionable'), so it would be a nice thing to have. I mean, it is in the game already, so why not give it to our Captains :o

That would destroy the meaning of beeing a liberated Borg character. Wouldnt it? :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    edited May 2014

Honestly, I've said what you're saying for awhile but looking at it, it looks dated. I hope they'd fine tune it before giving it to players because once players have it, they won't want it adjusted.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Specifically, vintage Borg (and player costumes) should probably have a costume kit based on the examples from the Drex Files article seen here:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/borg1.htm

You can see it being broken down to body suit, shoulders, chest, and gauntlets pretty easily, which STO does well.

The existing outfit should probably be retired, much like the launch Gorn costume.