What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,108 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Here's the outfits Thay8472 linked to above. The first one is in-game, but I bet people would pay to get the other two.

star_trek_online_romulan_clothes_concept_art_by_fbombheart-d773j2d.jpg

well i'll take the undershirt from the first one aswell :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    well i'll take the undershirt from the first one aswell :P

would love the other two as well, the hair in the second one reminds me of this guy,
    4-1aprilfoolsLondo.png?itok=YpqBFjBN
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    captw wrote: »
    would love the other two as well, the hair in the second one reminds me of this guy,
    4-1aprilfoolsLondo.png?itok=YpqBFjBN

This guy? Sir, the words I think you were looking for were "this paragon of awesome!".
    Honestly, most of the Centauri outfits from Babylon 5 would fit right in with the style general design of those Romulan outfits.
  • Options
    spessmehreenspessmehreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd like the full Bortasqu uniform, as noted in this thread and others:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=588231
    The Spice Must Flow...
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I'd like the full Bortasqu uniform, as noted in this thread and others:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=588231

9570553824_4180f92ea0_o.png

Please.

Also anything I placed in this thread here.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    straengestraenge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am sure this has been brought up but I would like a simple costume option, even a c-store version of a Mobile Emitter. It could be placed on any race on either arm (uniform and off-duty) as well as on the belt. I think it would be rather simple, using even some graphics already in game from one of the science kit belt parts. Allow us to recolor maybe 3 portions, including the light and while on the character, emits the Hologram "fritz" graphic every few seconds.

Granted, we wouldn't have the death, mobile emitter drops immediately animation but for myself, I would be fine with something as simplistic as the costume part itself.
  • Options
    xstarhammerxxstarhammerx Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd just really like to see the Orion and Nausicann basic armor pieces opened up for other characters, at least KDFs. These are items that are pretty generic looking to begin with, and are plastered all over generic NPCs, so it's kinda irksome that I can't get them myself. Even if it has to be a c-store or mission unlock, that would be fine (No Lobi store though... gotta blow at least a dozen master keys to unlock a skirt that should just be available in the first place and it's not even an account unlock? What a rip off!).
  • Options
    vladdievladdie Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    camd77 wrote: »
    I would love to see STO come out with the Federation Mess Dress uniforms as seen in Star Trek Insurrection and Nemesis.

Have been ingame since the beginning, tied to T4 Diplomacy rank.
    Barihawk.jpg
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My current request: when off-duty outfits were opened up for KDF characters, the Ferengi jackets from the Lobi store were excluded. Be nice to be able to use them.
  • Options
    ayarkayark Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If Whoopi Golberg wore it on The Next Generation, I want it. Guinan rocks.

Bare Chest should be an option for all KDF and Romulan KDF males, IMO. It's not entirely canon, however, it gives a feel of masculinity, hunter-ness, and warrior-ness. Just my two cents on that.

The Bare Chest off-duty outfit (from Khan sets) should be with or without the tunic (you should still be able to choose to equip the weathered undershirt when you choose without). If my toon is swimming on Risa, or in Sickbay for a medical checkup, or whatever, a ragged bit of cloth seems a bit out of place.

I noticed that when I made a male Alien Romulan-faction and went KDF, some of the outfits go weird. For instance, Khan's belt no longer appears as an option, there's an extra Robe upper choice that neither of my other toons has, and various other issues, too numerous to list. If a dev wouldn't mind just playing around with that on a test server to see what I'm talking about, that would be great.

Also, some outfits randomly switch from Off Duty to Uniform, causing all my off-duty slots (robes, necklaces, etc.) to revert to on-duty the moment I open the tailor for that outfit. I have to go back and change it all (and if I don't get it exactly right, it charges me because the change from off-duty to uniform costs EC), then make whatever changes I was going to make in the first place. I have noticed this on KDF males and Romulan-faction males of KDF allegiance. It generally happens in the second slot, the one actually given as the free Off-Duty slot.

Not sure if intentional or not, but Armor and Kit slots (at least for basic armor, Pollyalloy Weave, Energy Dampening, and the like, as well as basic kits) are only visible on Fed toons. Romulan (including rom-fed) and KDF toons (including rom-kdf) do not change appearance when visuals are allowed.

Last but not least, ALL CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS FOR THAT GENDER SHOULD BE AVAILABLE IN THE ALIEN CREATOR! I want Ferasan teeth and Gorn scales with a Caitian tail...
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I know this one gets posted time to time. But just want to keep it on the list:

My NPC crewmen to wear the same uniform that all my BOFFs wear. It's been annoying me for 4 years now that I walk around in my TOS mirror universe uniform in a ship filled with bland generic mannequins.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For some reason the Voth stuff is not compatible with the "Bare Chest" options. Plz fix.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    So I was watching the TOS episode "The Cloud Minders"...

faq_droxine_the_cloud_minders.jpg

P75_8_CloudMinders.jpg

cloudminders3.jpg

358574.jpg

I have a great need Cryptic.
  • Options
    nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dreads for non Klingons, meaning full dreads with no receding hairline.
    New and improved goatee and beard options.
    NPC hairstyles like the slicked back hair look open to players.
  • Options
    wakerobertswakeroberts Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would love to see a TWOK era admiral's uniform. But, more specific than that, we've had the TOS "fruit salad" for quite some time; "Fruit salad" as in the ribbons worn on a military uniform displaying decorations awarded to the wearer. I would really like to see the TWOK era "fruit salad" made available for all uniforms. Imho, it just looks a lot sharper than the TOS version.
  • Options
    vladdievladdie Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bug report:

On females, the Wells type combadge floats about an inch over the chest. Tested at all "bust" settings to no avail.
    Barihawk.jpg
  • Options
    markjames1markjames1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So I was watching the TOS episode "The Cloud Minders"...

faq_droxine_the_cloud_minders.jpg

P75_8_CloudMinders.jpg

cloudminders3.jpg

358574.jpg

I have a great need Cryptic.

I have great need, too! Very nice images... Thanks for sharing!
    star-trek-london-captains_zps420d10b3.jpg

These Are The Voyages...
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Complete/Updated Tal Shi'ar Uniform
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I would really like to put a sash (also known as a baldric) on my female Federation Klingon Bridge Officer.

I missed out when Cryptic made Worf's Klingon sash available for the 25th Anniversary of 'The Next Generation'... and as far as I know there's been nothing since.

These Are The Voyages...
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Complete/Updated Tal Shi'ar Uniform

I agree!

Look how awesome my Reman looks in them.

13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    markjames1 wrote: »
    I would really like to put a sash (also known as a baldric) on my female Federation Klingon Bridge Officer.

I missed out when Cryptic made Worf's Klingon sash available for the 25th Anniversary of 'The Next Generation'... and as far as I know there's been nothing since.

Maybe next anniversary?

Also nice sig. I was the guy that made it. :P
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Maybe next anniversary?

Also nice sig. I was the guy that made it. :P

Hi,

Your signature is awesome CentreSolace! Thank you for letting me use it to help support your cause!

Take Care!

These Are The Voyages...
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not really a costume option per se but a tailor request. Can we PLEASE get the various aged options separated from the base complex choices. I would love to make my alien gen Cardassian actually look a little older than his 20s.
  • Options
    veovis523veovis523 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One day I'd like to be able to fight the Borg, Undine, Elachi, etc while wearing nothing but a speedo. :D

Seriously though, what's the fun of going to Risa if the skimpiest thing you can wear is knee-high beachcomber pants and the sleeveless t-shirt variant?
    Vice Admiral Tevek Arem
    C.O. - R.R.W. Aurega, Romulan Republican Flotilla
    Liaison assigned to Federation Starfleet with full rank equivalency

"By the the memory of Romulus I promise to serve the Republic and my people."
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    veovis523 wrote: »
    One day I'd like to be able to fight the Borg, Undine, Elachi, etc while wearing nothing but a speedo. :D

Seriously though, what's the fun of going to Risa if the skimpiest thing you can wear is knee-high beachcomber pants and the sleeveless t-shirt variant?

Supposedly we're getting swimsuits this summer. "Supposedly".
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Reman.png

So much want this added to the available costumes to be purchased for Reman's.

Think that is just the basic Reman wear with the shoulder pads.

Had something like that at start, but with a hood and huge gogles.

They should really add true black as color for all reman wear. They wear black in movies not purple and bue in different shades. When I come to think of it I would like simble black to be added for all clothing for all races.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ever the military man, I would love to have something specifically military related. This being a Star Trek game, I hereby officially request the camouflage MACO uniform seen in the Enterprise series.

maco_1-31.jpg
    3620-6fu.jpg
    MACO%2C_Bound.jpg
    Rife_David_Sibley%2C_Babel_One.jpg
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Ever the military man, I would love to have something specifically military related. This being a Star Trek game, I hereby officially request the camouflage MACO uniform seen in the Enterprise series.

*image ship*

Ah yes, the classic "rust and bird ****" pattern :P

I myself would like the Bajoran uniform variant worn by that one guy who replaced Kira that one time.
    Edit: Li Nalas.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personally, I would love to have any sort of military fatigues, as most other military men and women would. For example:

prince-harry-army-fatigues-09072012-02-435x580.jpg
    And yes, he is our Prince Harry.

But back on topic, instead of requesting real world military uniforms, the best course of action is to request something that was already in Star Trek. And this comes in the form of the ENT MACO uniform, which serves the job quite well. Granted, if you don't like the colours, you can always change it to suit whatever environment you need. For example, you could use grey with black for STFs, greens with brown for Defera, various browns for Nimbus 3, and white with black for those Foundry missions that take place on snowy planets.

camo-camouflage-military-paintball-hunting-1.png
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    188vdv6d9k0fgjpg.jpg

Do you think we could have Starfleet Karate outfits? :P