test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In-Game Event: Beach Party!

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
Join Star Trek Online Community Manager, CaptainSmirk this Friday 5/9 from 12 PM/Noon until 1PM PDT, and again from UPDATED 5PM until 6PM PDT (click here for the 1st timeslot or the 2nd timeslot for your timezone) for a relaxing day of lounging in the sun and splashing in the waves on everyone's favorite tropical paradise, the pleasure planet of Risa!

Read more details here.

UPDATE: We have had to push our second time slot back to 5PM today, so for those who want to join, make sure to adjust your schedules!

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hmm, isn't this a bit too early? I mean surely the Risa Event doesn't start for another month or so, right? :P
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's never too early for a beach party.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I will bring Ten Forward's favorite psychotic augment, in her shiny new bodysuit.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What no prizes then whats the point. Just kidding I may be there but won't be sunbathing in a uniform I could get heat stroke. Hopefully Swimsuits will be available for the summer event
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm guessing this is 'old' Risa and not the new one? I don't think they'd show that yet on Holodeck till the actual event. Smirk's gonna have to cut through all the friend requests w/ a machete if the streams are any indication.

Time to dust off the old jetpack and beach-combing shorts...
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    It's never too early for a beach party.

Well, maybe not 'never'. :D
    robeasom wrote: »
    What no prizes then whats the point. Just kidding I may be there but won't be sunbathing in a uniform I could get heat stroke. Hopefully Swimsuits will be available for the summer event

EV Suits have air conditioning...
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • sirchazzsirchazz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm guessing this is 'old' Risa and not the new one? I don't think they'd show that yet on Holodeck till the actual event. Smirk's gonna have to cut through all the friend requests w/ a machete if the streams are any indication.

ever since the first Risa event, the Hotel remained as an option to beam to as well as the old location
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014

As a matter of fact not only is it the new Risa but sometime when we weren't visiting they've done some serious expansion work. You can go there right now and it's quite spectacular. The preparations for this years Risa Peak Season are pretty much complete.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hoverboards!!!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• mthomps016mthomps016 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As I said on Twitter, it's time to break out the old shorts from last year.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They are just wanting to be a bunch of showoffs is all.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So ... ummm .. .what if you are currently running a Klink or Romklink? ... No beach party for you?

Unless someone sets up a swimming pool on Nimbus III ... Now there's an idea!
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • cameltoe02cameltoe02 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Really? Is there anything to do besides just fly/run around? This sounds extremely lame. But if its your thing then have fun.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    So ... ummm .. .what if you are currently running a Klink or Romklink? ... No beach party for you?!

Marauder is no longer needed to enter Sirius sector. All you need to do is finish the "Surface Tension" FE now.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    II don't think they'd show that yet on Holodeck till the actual event.

New (updated) Risa is already on Holodeck including the new "Surfing Complex", and you can already ask the Tailor about Swimwear ... you just can't buy it yet ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I like that! Beach Parties are never a bad thing! :)
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lets hope this means an earlier summer event this year :D

I would really love an earlier event :)
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I will bring Ten Forward's favorite psychotic augment, in her shiny new bodysuit.

Good, concentrate on her. I don't want to see your hands and a bottle of Sun Lotion anywhere near Smirk. :mad:
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Join Star Trek Online Community Manager, CaptainSmirk this Friday 5/9 from 12 PM/Noon until 1PM PDT, and again from 4PM until 5 PM PDT (click here for the 1st timeslot or the 2nd timeslot for your timezone) for a relaxing day of lounging in the sun and splashing in the waves on everyone's favorite tropical paradise, the pleasure planet of Risa!

Read more details here.

~CaptainSmirk

This explains the Risa Cruise liner model.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This would be an appropriate time to post this, right?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • ussdanubeussdanube Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I completed the current FE and got access to Sirius Sector block, but it did not give me access to Risa, nor did it allow me to depart into Sirius Sector Block from Risa orbit, I had to return to Eta Eridani sector block, as I am NOT a T4 Maurauder, I'm not sure if it's intended or something that was overlooked when the new FE came out.
    edited May 2014
    Good, concentrate on her. I don't want to see your hands and a bottle of Sun Lotion anywhere near Smirk. :mad:

Too late. :cool:

We spent last weekend in Tahiti together, with Trendy and Mrs. Trendy on lounge chairs being pampered by their servants.

I love being Grand Vizier!

Hail Ba'al!

:D
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    This would be an appropriate time to post this, right?

I don't think there is ever an appropriate time for that.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    [Sarcasm]Yay for RP[/Sarcasm]

I'll probably come down and have a peep though.

Hail Ba'al!

I told you last time! Hailing Ba'al doesn't seem to work! :P
    I need a beer.

edited May 2014
    I told you last time! Hailing Ba'al doesn't seem to work! :P

Are you STILL without your pleasure palace?

Damn it!

Right, I'm calling the Coms-net service staff, and the Pleasure Palace bureau, and everyone else short of the Sovereign himself (who's on vacation). This crappy old Coms-net has plagued the Sovereign and his minions for far, far too long...

Hail Ba'al!
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Na.... We don't have swimwear yet (at least I don't ) and going to risa in uniform seems wrong...
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    This explains the Risa Cruise liner model.
    It does? How? o.O

Cause the way I see it, the cruise liner was already explained by the very nature of Risa.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have a feeling its going to be
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have a feeling its going to be
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Are you STILL without your pleasure palace?

Damn it!

Right, I'm calling the Coms-net service staff, and the Pleasure Palace bureau, and everyone else short of the Sovereign himself (who's on vacation). This crappy old Coms-net has plagued the Sovereign and his minions for far, far too long...

Hail Ba'al!
    Your comm net is really our comm net.... HAIL HYDRA!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.