test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In-Game Event: Beach Party!

Comments

• odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Where are you, which zone? It's so crowded here that no one can find you!
  • simonec1simonec1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    this is one big lie 20 min at risa and we still cant find u. or u didnt come yet there?
  • fiadelfiafiadelfia Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just want to know how to find this twitch live stuff. :(

I mean the running live stream. I have an account.

Oh, okay, no live stream today. Nice comunication anyway, thanks.
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Meet me on the beach in just about 10 minutes! Risa is hot and ready to party.

Today is only an in-game event, this event will not be televised (Livestreamed).

See you soon Captains, and don't forget your SPF5000

~CaptainSmirk

Did someone say Sunblock 5000? lol
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Am I late or why do I see a red haired man playing Neverwinter on the channel?

Edit: I didn't read the not livestreamed part.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    HMmmm, so verdict is: Worst "event" ever, no details for who/what/where or anything...
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    best part of the event was the hundreds of people asking "where/what is this event" and no correct answer given by anyone.
    Just a bunch of of people standing around wondering why they are wasting their time.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    chalpen wrote: »
    best part of the event was the hundreds of people asking "where/what is this event" and no correct answer given by anyone.
    Just a bunch of of people standing around wondering why they are wasting their time.

He should have mentioned about the private chat channel... I was wasting good 20 min because I had no idea bout him chatting away there.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . Q
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What's the name of the channel?
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is/was this an in-game event or livestream? I hate to say it but for me, & it seemed many others, this was a colossal waste of time. Not much in the form of instructions to help direct the whole thing. It seemed if you weren't in the zone, zone #5, that Smirk was in then you were just SoL. That really stomps-out any fun possibilities & interactions. I would've had a better chance to had spotted Bigfoot on Risa.

A few positive notes: I really liked the map of the Risa Resort. I had only been there once before & it seems they've added some structures that blend right into that scenario along with adding to the scenery. Another opportunity was I think I saw all the exotic birds ... I think. I at least tried since there was no event going-on except players activating those disco party-balls every so often till Smirk was to appear.
    edited May 2014
    "SmirkChat"
    edited May 2014
    Yes Risa was lovely,...

About the event,.. I think it had been better if this was live on Twitch.. The instances get full quickly and you get very little chance to be in the same instance. And even if he instance hopped as he did today,... you still had a very slim chance to find him. At least information which channel CptSmirk was chatting on would have been helpful before the event.. now I have no idea what he said since I missed a huge chunk of it. Yes I am interested to listen to what Smirk has to say,.. :P
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sorry for the confusion about the in-game event everyone. In-Gmae events are different from Livestreams and have been since BranFlakes day, so this is not new.

Our NeverWinter team's Livestream needed our usual time slot for today.

Also make sure to check other posts in this thread for the information about switching instances to try and give everyone a chance to join.

Our evening show will be coming up at 5PM, and it will be the same style, all on Risa. For those who want to join you will find me in various instances.

For those of you who want to join the chat, the new channel is "SmirkChat" and can be accessed by all. This will be the new channel used for events and in-game giveaways. There are no prizes set for today's event as I want people to show up to interact with other players, not purely for free stuff.

See you all at 5pm PDT!

~CaptainSmirk
    edited May 2014
    Yes Risa was lovely,...

About the event,.. I think it had been better if this was live on Twitch.. The instances get full quickly and you get very little chance to be in the same instance. And even if he instance hopped as he did today,... you still had a very slim chance to find him. At least information which channel CptSmirk was chatting on would have been helpful before the event.. now I have no idea what he said since I missed a huge chunk of it. Yes I am interested to listen to what Smirk has to say,.. :P

I will post up a recap of some of the info I answered questions about after the second show. That way you can keep up to date with any tid bits that went out during the event :)

~CaptainSmirk
    edited May 2014
    Well, after I realized it wasn't a Twitch Event, I watched Pumuckel for a while killing dragons or something.
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ahhhhh! HR Management!
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I will post up a recap of some of the info I answered questions about after the second show. That way you can keep up to date with any tid bits that went out during the event :)

~CaptainSmirk

yeah i need show u the tailor bug on akuhashuzen it well make u laugh smirk lol

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Babylon 5 for the win!
    I need a beer.

• generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited May 2014
    I shall be present for the Evening show at 5pm... which starts in 10 mins Lol...

#SmirkTwerk #TrendyBendy

Need new words Smirk... make'em happen... :D
    edited May 2014
    See you all in less than 5!

~CaptainSmirk
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited May 2014
    I shall be present for the Evening show at 5pm... which starts in 10 mins Lol...

#SmirkTwerk #TrendyBendy

Need new words Smirk... make'em happen... :D

If Only STO Would patch faster.... :/ #ComrademocoFail
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm seeing some great ideas in the chat during the 5pm party. :o

-Bird lady should be available year-round (you can turn Epohhs in all year, why not birds?).
    -Risa Doff assignments to match the Winter Event's doff assignments.
    -Water balloon and water gun pvp fights
    -Scuba and coral reefs using the floater mechanic

-Ice Skating on Andoria.. a little off topic, lol. A nice place for year-round skating when the Wonderland goes away.
    -we should get Yachts on Risa with a option for Yacht Jousting :P
    -Cannibal Tribble Grenade

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited May 2014
    We had a lot of questions today. While most were of general STO topics,

I wanted to touch on a few here in this thread.

Many players wanted to know if the Summer Event will return this year, and indeed it will! Stay tuned for more details coming soon, including all the info about events, rewards, and the whole shabang! The hot topics are swimwear, new floaters and some o the surfboards on display. There are many threads already discussing this, but you will all have to wait for more details in our upcoming blogs :)

Many players have heard recent interviews with some of our Devs concerning Season 9.5 and beyond. While I won't spill any details here, I strongly suggest you check out Priority 1, the Foundry Roundtable and all things STO Blogs and Reddit.

Many thanks to everyone who wished our team well and had so many kind things to say about all the hard work that went into Season 9, the new Featured Episode, and especially the new ESD. On behalf of the team, I thank you all for your compliments, and we are really glad to hear that you have enjoyed the new content so much. Can't wait to show you all the REDACTED on the way! :)

For any of our friends in the KDF or RomKDF, our next event will be especially for you!

Thanks again for everyone who came to Risa today, and I hope you enjoyed the races and the Hide and Seek.

~CaptainSmirk
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    UPDATE: We have had to push our second time slot back to 5PM today, so for those who want to join, make sure to adjust your schedules!

~CaptainSmirk

Aww, man! If I known that it got pushed back I could have made it. :(
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ...Many players have heard recent interviews with some of our Devs concerning Season 9.5 and beyond. While I won't spill any details here, I strongly suggest you check out Priority 1, the Foundry Roundtable and all things STO Blogs and Reddit...
    Captain, as an adult who works and has a life outside of the game, one of the things I like about the STO forums, specifically the Dev Tracker, is that it was a central point of info to learn about these sort of things. Usually there would be a Dev Post (well, CM, but it triggered the Dev Tracker all the same), saying "Tune in to XYX to hear from PDQ", "Visit StarTrekNewsSource.com to read an interview with ABC", or whatever. There seems to be less of that, and I'm only hearing about these sort of interviews if there's something inflammatory that gets the forums in an uproar.

Please bring back the Official Source focal-point of communication so myself, and others like me, don't have to keep tabs on the facebooks, tweeters, reddits, and other "social media" corners of teh Intarwebs.

:)

(P.S. Now I feel old. So Get off mah lawn! Heh)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Captain, as an adult who works and has a life outside of the game, one of the things I like about the STO forums, specifically the Dev Tracker, is that it was a central point of info to learn about these sort of things. Usually there would be a Dev Post (well, CM, but it triggered the Dev Tracker all the same), saying "Tune in to XYX to hear from PDQ", "Visit StarTrekNewsSource.com to read an interview with ABC", or whatever. There seems to be less of that, and I'm only hearing about these sort of interviews if there's something inflammatory that gets the forums in an uproar.

Please bring back the Official Source focal-point of communication so myself, and others like me, don't have to keep tabs on the facebooks, tweeters, reddits, and other "social media" corners of teh Intarwebs.

I second the Patricians feelings. I really prefer if the website and the forums are the focal point of all information. Even if I have to leave the site for the information, make sure I can learn about its existence here.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited May 2014

Thanks for posting this. Its good to see one of the more prominent menbers having this opinion. I remember posting this also some time ago, what led to nothing. I never understood why we have to visit external sites to hear or read Interviews with the Devs or team leaders about future content or other things.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I agree with this, I miss the official forum posts linking to dev interviews.
  • rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I really don't care, between the broken exchange , laggy lemming zones and other major problems in this game. Both old and new. I really don't have time to do that with all the chasing of little handfuls of Dilithium and silly marks. Now excuse me, I have to go and put my batteries back where they belong because i changed maps again.
This discussion has been closed.