test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In-Game Event: Beach Party!

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Your comm net is really our comm net.... HAIL HYDRA!

Thank you for that information.

We have tracked the HYRDA hack and I just watched an orbital strike hit the site.

Seriously, what did you expect this experienced Grand Vizier to do, give you ex-TRIBBLE n00bs a warning?

Hail Ba'al!

:D
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    Marauder is no longer needed to enter Sirius sector. All you need to do is finish the "Surface Tension" FE now.

I don't suppose you know if there's been a fix to the uniforms for the Klinks yet? Wandering around in heavy armor, furs, and a cape is stylish and all... but a few days in a tropical climate and... let's just call that odor his "air of authority" shall we? :o
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Thank you for that information.

We have tracked the HYRDA hack and I just watched an orbital strike hit the site.

Seriously, what did you expect this experienced Grand Vizier to do, give you ex-TRIBBLE n00bs a warning?

Hail Ba'al!

Thank you! We needed more energy to power the cosmic cube! Please, send more. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you! We needed more energy to power the cosmic cube! Please, send more. :D

...oh, TRIBBLE.

Right. Minions! Attack! Take no prisoners, destroy everything. And take Loki's scepter so you can disable the Cosmic Cube (AKA the Tesseract). And take the mark 1 zat'nik'tels, the kind that actually disintegrate stuff.

Hail Ba'al!

• toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was meaning to get to Risa and see by myself the Season 9 changes, but I'll probably wait for a calmer moment. My vacation is a quiet vacation, after all.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    :( bad both timeslot for me... in that hour i am in the work... I hope the next event if you wish in that time maybe you can do in saturday or sunday

Good luck in the event :(
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That's a nice little event, though, I hope the map additions will be fixed tomorrow. I exited the game -because the Bajoran militia member from "Undine Infiltration" kept stalking me in an invisible suit while continuing to tell me about Nanite Bomb Witnesses or something- while standing on the floor of one of the new social zones and I ended up trapped under it when I logged back in.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • titanicboy2titanicboy2 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What server is this on?
  • raulblanco7raulblanco7 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    New Risian hotel is wonderful, much better than the hotel from last year (that was also great, better than i excepted before the event)

Screenshot, sorry its evening and i dont need time to wait till morning

http://www.kephost.com/images4/2014/5/8/a1_2014_5_8_c1wl7b1ggt.jpg
    (undine armor bugged with floater, of course i using floater at the screenshot)

And, Surf - wait for it - board race, yes! Start and finish is on the water, and there are a lot of surfboard everywhere...

http://www.kephost.com/images4/2014/5/8/a1_2014_5_8_9cf8o7ysyv.jpg
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I started a thread on the new add ins to Risa a while back. I took a lot of screenies while I was there so I'll drop the link to that thread here, if anyone wants to see without going to Risa.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1101731
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    502 Bad Gateway. :(
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    502 Bad Gateway. :(

I got it too, had to do a google search to get to the STO forums tonight.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    New Risian hotel is wonderful, much better than the hotel from last year (that was also great, better than i excepted before the event)

Screenshot, sorry its evening and i dont need time to wait till morning

http://www.kephost.com/images4/2014/5/8/a1_2014_5_8_c1wl7b1ggt.jpg
    (undine armor bugged with floater, of course i using floater at the screenshot)

And, Surf - wait for it - board race, yes! Start and finish is on the water, and there are a lot of surfboard everywhere...

http://www.kephost.com/images4/2014/5/8/a1_2014_5_8_9cf8o7ysyv.jpg

Hotel looks nice, but 'yay' another mode of transport we have to work for weeks to get and can only use on Risa... I'd really prefer bug fixes on Defera instead of another mode of transport for a planet people only visit 6 weeks of the year.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    boo. both time slots I'll be at work :(

add a time slot at 11 pm PDT?

or better, one on Saturday?
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nice...:D , so they selling x-ray glass?!?
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For any Klinks or RomKlinks, my next event will be all for you!

This event is just for fun and to spend time in-game with all of you who want to join.

My lips will be sealed about all the REDACTED info about the next Summer Event. You won't pry it from me!!

But you can show up and try :)

As for instances, I will do my best to hop around and visit multiple instances to make it more fun for everyone who shows up.

I don't have any prizes to give out this time, but maybe, just maybe I will serve some drinks if you are all good lil' captains.

~CaptainSmirk
  • tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Risa is awesome !

Just been there for the first time and bought some trinkets from the local vendors.

Got myself a shiny red floater, it's very sexy and got to fly around the whole island !

The contests aren't running yet, but seems everything else is in place, waiting for tourists :D

I don't know if the klingons have access yet, do they ?? ?

I'd like to get a floater for my orion girl aswell, maybe a summer outfit aswell ... Swimsuits aren't available yet, are they ?
  • skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Out of interest, is there any word of there being a full body infected skin texture in the works? Just because: any character using it, with the swimwear we all know is coming, will be painful to look at otherwise. :s

Also, please will there be any parts to match the Borg feet from last year? It looks rather odd having organic legs and metal feet with outfits such as the beachcomber shorts etc. (glad they can be used with the summer trousers now, though).

By the way, I'm really looking forward to the surfing; can't wait! :)
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Smirk, can you give us some favors if we show up? :)

I won't get much chance to grind this summer because of a trip to Europe, but the Summer event holds a special meaning to me because it is the whole reason I joined the game, and I would love to be able to get some stuff from this event.
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    skymagus00 wrote: »
    Out of interest, is there any word of there being a full body infected skin texture in the works? Just because: any character using it, with the swimwear we all know is coming, will be painful to look at otherwise. :s

Also, please will there be any parts to match the Borg feet from last year? It looks rather odd having organic legs and metal feet with outfits such as the beachcomber shorts etc. (glad they can be used with the summer trousers now, though).

I always thought the metal feet looked kinda like shoes.

But yes, we need a full-body infected skin.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    skymagus00 wrote: »

I always thought of the borg feet as looking rather like the shoes you can get to go with wetsuits.
    Like these
    I need a beer.

• shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    alan171717 wrote: »

I won't get much chance to grind this summer because of a trip to Europe, but the Summer event holds a special meaning to me because it is the whole reason I joined the game, and I would love to be able to get some stuff from this event.

Wouldn't a trip to Europe be awesome compensation for not being able to run an event?
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My lips will be sealed
    <insert The Wolf Among Us joke here>
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Jetpack rental will that run longer than it does now. I had rented one to fly around. Much easier to fly around. Then I had to run in the water when the rental ran out. Nice planet to visit, but what else are we going to do with our VA?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
    edited May 2014
    alan171717 wrote: »

Can't give out Favors this round. Wish I could, but you gotta earn those thru the event.

But, I am hoping I might be able to get some giveaways during the event for some lucky event goers, or Livestream viewers :)

I will see what I can do about it!

~CaptainSmirk
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shadokitty wrote: »
    Wouldn't a trip to Europe be awesome compensation for not being able to run an event?

Oh it is, I just still will miss the summer event
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    can we build sandcastles with the new buckets and spades? :D
  • pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Does anyone have a link to the live stream channel?
    edited May 2014
    Meet me on the beach in just about 10 minutes! Risa is hot and ready to party.

Today is only an in-game event, this event will not be televised (Livestreamed).

See you soon Captains, and don't forget your SPF5000

~CaptainSmirk
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Meet me on the beach in just about 10 minutes! Risa is hot and ready to party.

Today is only an in-game event, this event will not be televised (Livestreamed).

See you soon Captains, and don't forget your SPF5000

~CaptainSmirk
    Partyyyyyyyyy time!
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
This discussion has been closed.