test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In-Game Event: Beach Party!

124»

Comments

• walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't think I've read anything about Season 9.5 yet - anyone got a link to any interviews mentioning it?
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Captain, as an adult who works and has a life outside of the game, one of the things I like about the STO forums, specifically the Dev Tracker, is that it was a central point of info to learn about these sort of things. Usually there would be a Dev Post (well, CM, but it triggered the Dev Tracker all the same), saying "Tune in to XYX to hear from PDQ", "Visit StarTrekNewsSource.com to read an interview with ABC", or whatever. There seems to be less of that, and I'm only hearing about these sort of interviews if there's something inflammatory that gets the forums in an uproar.

Please bring back the Official Source focal-point of communication so myself, and others like me, don't have to keep tabs on the facebooks, tweeters, reddits, and other "social media" corners of teh Intarwebs.

:)

(P.S. Now I feel old. So Get off mah lawn! Heh)
    I'll requote this one again, because:
    walshicus wrote: »
    I don't think I've read anything about Season 9.5 yet - anyone got a link to any interviews mentioning it?
    Precisely. Haven't got a clue either.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Many players have heard recent interviews with some of our Devs concerning Season 9.5 and beyond. While I won't spill any details here, I strongly suggest you check out Priority 1, the Foundry Roundtable and all things STO Blogs and Reddit.

No offense, you guys are awesome and all. But why are we having to turn to second party sources for news on the game? Can't we get news updates here, straight from the horse's mouth?
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Did you guys see the Priority One Thread?

We linked to their direct thread this time to try and give you all access directly to the P1 crew. Since they were awesome enough to post an official feedback thread, we wanted to drive more traffic directly to them this way.

Link to their thread post here.

Link to the blog here.

Make sure to check it out, it has some great info.

Once we get further interviews cleared by our PR department for redirect, you will see more of them posted in the coming weeks.

Enjoy!

~CaptainSmirk
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

We linked to their direct thread this time to try and give you all access directly to the P1 crew. Since they were awesome enough to post an official feedback thread, we wanted to drive more traffic directly to them this way.

Link to the blog here.

Once we get further interviews cleared by our PR department for redirect, you will see more of them posted in the coming weeks.

Enjoy!

~CaptainSmirk

I was probably looking for this info on STOked Radio...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Link to the blog here.

Enjoy!

~CaptainSmirk

I don't think there was anything about Season 9.5 in those...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I second the Patricians feelings. I really prefer if the website and the forums are the focal point of all information. Even if I have to leave the site for the information, make sure I can learn about its existence here.
    Thank you Archchancellor, and others, for the support. I feel the same, I don't mind at all having content outside the forums. Not even a little. In fact, I encourage it, to spread the STO word around. Thumbs Up! I only ask that when such information (be it a written article, interview, blog, vlog, podcast, tweet, book, magazine, newspaper, wall painting, smoke signal, etc.) is available about STO, that an official post/thread be made by a Dev/CM here in the forums.

Again, the idea being: If I go to the Dev Tracker in the STO Forums, I should be able to find all relevant STO info.

We linked to their direct thread this time to try and give you all access directly to the P1 crew...
    Negative, I knew nothing about that P1 thread, and considering there are only 14 posts in there (the last one from nearly two weeks ago), I'm guessing most other folks missed it, too. But, hey presto! Thanks for the links now. I'll go download those and listen to them. :)

I don't understand what "We linked to their direct thread this time" means. Perhaps you were referring to the fact that P1 Elijahmre started his own thread. That's groovy, but if it's got a Dev interview, or other worthy "official" info in it, then please have one Dev/CM to pop in there and hit reply to drive traffic to it.
    I look forward to it!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Captain, as an adult who works and has a life outside of the game, one of the things I like about the STO forums, specifically the Dev Tracker, is that it was a central point of info to learn about these sort of things. Usually there would be a Dev Post (well, CM, but it triggered the Dev Tracker all the same), saying "Tune in to XYX to hear from PDQ", "Visit StarTrekNewsSource.com to read an interview with ABC", or whatever. There seems to be less of that, and I'm only hearing about these sort of interviews if there's something inflammatory that gets the forums in an uproar.

Please bring back the Official Source focal-point of communication so myself, and others like me, don't have to keep tabs on the facebooks, tweeters, reddits, and other "social media" corners of teh Intarwebs.

:)

(P.S. Now I feel old. So Get off mah lawn! Heh)
    After Brandon and company left the scene, the quality of released content, blogs, calendar events, Livestream events, and communication has declined. While I respect Smirk and company, I do not like their overall style. Smirk and Trendy really need to be replaced. Brandon and company did a much better job.

As a result of Smirk's style of communication, I think the developers have disconnected from the players. Recent game changes are proof that there is a serious disconnect.

Again, I respect Smirk and Trendy as individuals; however, I dislike their approach to communication.

We have also entered into "Star Trek: Online's" version of the "WWE Attitude Era". If you disagree with the changes made to the game, the developers and community managers will get attitudinal.

I think they forgot that many of us are paying customers.

I have plans on buying more zen, but I do not think Cryptic deserves more money.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I had gotten to this beach party early and just to learn it was postpone or pushed later on. I didn't bother to wait just did what I had to do. Why didn't the rentals on the Jetpack last longer I had fallen from the sky and landed on in the water. Good thing I had beach gear on Khan outfit works the best for me.

News updates should be sent out to all who play the game around the clock. I get email notice about issues with the webserver sent out newsletter for all players.

How come taking down the Bio-Dino very large one is like only 480 where as everything else is 60. Running around on the maps in the Battlezone needs to be more clear. If the Bio-Dino suppose come out a warning should go up.

Undine space battle if one person taking out the target on their own why does the point system just give you 60 D wouldn't that be more?

The planet killer If I try to stay on top of it I can get 300D so unless that and the Bio-Dino are the most sort out targets.

Sphere buttons there is not direct button to go to Undine Space unless you go to battlezone then you see the button. If your in the Undine Space you can't go back tot he Batttlezone.

Tray items still not showing up for battery or anything else that was just added. This also goes for ground and space missions.

One more question is why are items on the exchanged over price. There is one price listed on the item and it could be 5 and up into the hundred million of energy credits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    One more question is why are items on the exchanged over price...
    First, as a result of the heavy resource requirements, due to the reputation system and fleet holdings, the players are struggling to gather up energy credits.

Second, "Star Trek: Online" is also top heavy. Since the majority of the players are veterans, the majority of the good items are highly expensive and limited. Purple MK XII gear and consoles are being directly affected. Duty officers are also feeling a pinch.

Third, some of the players are 'playing' the exchange. When they see an item being posted at cost, exchange players are buying them to resell at a higher price. While there is nothing to stop what is happening, the actions of exchange players is affecting entry level players.

Fourth, players are waking up to the potential of selling c-store items. If they are unable to get energy credits one way, players will get them though another way. As long as Cryptic is getting money, I personally do not think they care.

Fifth, "Star Trek: Online" is no longer 'Free to Play' its now 'Free to Try'. Both players and Cryptic turned "Star Trek: Online" into a 'Free to Try'/'Pay to Win' game. Players are reacting to Cryptic's changes.

"Star Trek: Online" is getting too expensive to play.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ...Many players have heard recent interviews with some of our Devs concerning Season 9.5 and beyond. While I won't spill any details here, I strongly suggest you check out Priority 1, the Foundry Roundtable and all things STO Blogs and Reddit.

...Link to their thread post here
    walshicus wrote: »
    I don't think there was anything about Season 9.5 in those...
    I've listened to the first two, and started the third, and while the interviews with Geko are interesting, there's been very little mentioned about S9.5 in them. So far, nearly all of it has been review of what came out in S9 and various Q&A about general game conditions. As I said, interesting stuff, just nothing (much) to with S9.5 as Smirk implied in the first post, quoted above. >shrug<

:rolleyes:

Edit: I finished the last one, and that had zip to do with 9.5. Was cool, but nothing about the future.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    Marauder is no longer needed to enter Sirius sector. All you need to do is finish the "Surface Tension" FE now.

Which my Orion has, and she had no problem getting TO Risa. Beaming down, otoh, got nailed on the Marauding rank bit. :rolleyes:
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
This discussion has been closed.