test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Losing Bridge Officer Abilities in Tray.

Comments

• Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    seathemac wrote: »
    Maybe I should have waited a bit longer before returning to the game..

This is never going to get better (the opposite) , so its good that you came now, because "a bit longer" could be never ... lol.
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mirror star cruiser uss missouri ncc 93553 still affected by command tray bug, remaining ships in inventory appear to be working again...(that said I'm not messing with it..its working, why mess with whats working?)

federation tactical officer, rayne@xraiderv1
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm guessing that it's related to the new Loadouts function they added.

Actually, the loadout system is not new... at least it cant be considered as new. Other completely different thing is that it never worked since the day 1. So, we never saw it working as intended lol. No, its not a simple fix. Because it should ve been fixed by now. But the most annoying issue is, cryptic never said anything about it, after the day 1. That is what is more concerning. They are just leaving the game to the sea monsters...

I wish this could be fixed asap, but im afraid it will never will. Just saying, just dont put your hopes on it. It will be better.
  • Options
    seathemacseathemac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    labs00 wrote: »
    if you have 2 loadouts both need to have the same configuration. It may glitch when switching map but continue to save the same loadout on both or one, and keep switching maps.

This worked for me. I did some PvE stuff, got some gear to sell and docked at ESD a few times.
    I made two profiles and saved to them alternately.
    My Chel grett is now keeping its BOFFS and Tray skills.
    Took only 3 docks/saves. On the 4th time beaming up from ESD everything is as it should be.

I'll try doing the same with the Kumari.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    no matter what I do..the trade freighter call ends up in slot 0...I use that as my 'oh snap taking fire from all directions!' button.

past that..I actually managed to unfrak her mostly...
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've got a character with which I can consistently reproduce the issue.

Thanks to everyone for your help in tracking down this bug.

I'll get this written up and passed on to software.

Thank you for taking the time crypticfrost.

Could you tell us what your doing with the character to re-produce the issue? Is there something we can avoid doing, until this get fixed, in order to minimize our frustration?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for taking the time crypticfrost.

Could you tell us what your doing with the character to re-produce the issue? Is there something we can avoid doing, until this get fixed, in order to minimize our frustration?

what he said...which is a heck of alot more eloquent than I find myself capable of being at the moment.
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    dragonf1ightdragonf1ight Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Actually, the loadout system is not new... at least it cant be considered as new. Other completely different thing is that it never worked since the day 1. So, we never saw it working as intended lol. No, its not a simple fix. Because it should ve been fixed by now. But the most annoying issue is, cryptic never said anything about it, after the day 1. That is what is more concerning. They are just leaving the game to the sea monsters...

While I hope it's not as bad as that, I'm wondering if the loadouts functionality was meant to be a sort of workaround for it. As in, if they can't for some reason find and/or fix the problem, at least you could just click the loadout and magically reset your tray. Not a perfect fix, but a functional one until a solution could be found.

It's still odd, though. Until the S9 update, I never had any tray issues. The game was straightforward for me, and trays, BOFFs and DOFFs were never an issue. I hadn't a clue this was a continuing problem before now.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    While I hope it's not as bad as that, I'm wondering if the loadouts functionality was meant to be a sort of workaround for it. As in, if they can't for some reason find and/or fix the problem, at least you could just click the loadout and magically reset your tray. Not a perfect fix, but a functional one until a solution could be found.

It's still odd, though. Until the S9 update, I never had any tray issues. The game was straightforward for me, and trays, BOFFs and DOFFs were never an issue. I hadn't a clue this was a continuing problem before now.

A lot of people had try issues before S9. Me included, in fact i keep having try issues. Eventually cryptic fixed it, in some way, for about 1 month, and the skill trys and the abilities never dissapeared again, but when the loadout system came out, everything changed. Now, i cant place any other skill in my try, because it will not remember it. Everytime i switch zones, i need to replace some of my skills, over and over again.

And honestly, im not going to touch the loadout system again, because i dont want any more susprises. And i dont want crappy fixes or inventions that will not work in a few days. What i want is, cryptic to fix this once for all. IF THEY CANT, JUST REMOVE THE LOADOUT SYSTEM. Its that easy. But they dont have skills even to remove things they released. lol.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    seathemac wrote: »
    This worked for me. I did some PvE stuff, got some gear to sell and docked at ESD a few times.
    I made two profiles and saved to them alternately.
    My Chel grett is now keeping its BOFFS and Tray skills.
    Took only 3 docks/saves. On the 4th time beaming up from ESD everything is as it should be.

I'll try doing the same with the Kumari.

i did that still doesn't work. and just to rub it in, if i load the alternate loadout is STILL doesn't load right
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm not actually losing the boff abilities in the tray, but my LTC sci and LTC eng boffs on my Nicor keep alternating who gets their abilities in what spots when I change zones. This causes problems when I hit the button I always use to activate Transfer Shield Strength, and end up activating something like Emergency Power to Engines instead.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    One of the obstructions for getting this fixed was getting a consistent repro case. I was able to do so yesterday, so now the programmers have better chance of debuggging the issue and getting a fix.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    let us know what happens, sir?
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is getting progressively worse for me. I added a new console to my ship and I lost even more of my icons and all the others moved to new positions. It takes a good few minutes at the start of every mission now to reset everything in the right position since the loadouts do not work at all. I sure hope they have another Tribble patch before Thursday with a fix for this because this is something that is pretty game breaking and the Tribble patch from earlier today did not fix it.
  • Options
    nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pls fix this mess already, its forces old layouts over any and all changes

doesnt matter if i move the bridge officers, change skills, save layout to ship, nothing helps
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • Options
    sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm pretty sure its the new FE. I only ran one of my characters through the mission, and he is the only to be affected by this bug.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    aboutwodaysaboutwodays Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can I get some name@handles for characters that are consistently having this problem? I've been unable to reproduce this with a test character, so I'd like to look at a copy of a character that is having this problem.

Jameson@aboutwodays Is my handle that it is happening to I would say 70% of the time I zone. I do not have that Voth boff that everyone is talking about so I'm not sure where this would be stemming from. It has become very frustrating however I love the game so will keep playing and hoping there is something coming to fix it.
  • Options
    hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    One of the obstructions for getting this fixed was getting a consistent repro case. I was able to do so yesterday, so now the programmers have better chance of debuggging the issue and getting a fix.

This is great news! I hope this old aggravation that has plagued many STO captains (especially now after S9 launch) for a long time can finally be put to rest. Thank you for trying to get to the bottom of it. Hope the software dudes will follow-up on their end very very soon.

I did not have this power tray problem at all (except when I claimed new ships/shuttles) until I purchased my Fleet Support Cruiser a couple days ago. It started with BOFFs getting dropped randomly when zoning from ground maps to space. Then, today, it started happening 100% of the time whenever I zoned from a ground map to space.

I think I isolated the problem as I no longer have the glitch (for the moment). I strongly believe this has to do with our shuttles, and that it has a direct link to a nasty bug introduced in Season 6 when we were allowed to simultaneously equip (ready) a starship and shuttle at the same time.

The glitch started happening 100% of the time after I claimed a Delta Flyer from the C-Store which I bought ages ago. Due to lack of ship slots and no budget to buy more zen, I chose to dump my Yellowstone Runabout (my character info used to label my character as piloting that Yellowstone even while in my starship), and claimed a DF (and did this while I was on my fleet's starbase, but I don't think that is a factor). The glitch happened from that point on. No matter where I went, when I moved from ground to space, I lost my power tray setup each and every time. I dumped the DF again when I went to DS9, back to space, then back to DS9 and reclaimed a DF in front of the ship selector guy. I did not assign any boffs to my shuttle, and went back to space. Low and behold, my power tray held up! I even went and put Nelen Exil on my shuttle just to see if he had any connection to the bug given past reports, and he had no effect.

I am convinced this highly irritating problem is tied to our shuttles, especially in the case of longtime players that have been around since or before Season 6. I have tried more than once to inform Cryptic through bug reports, and on this forum, about this old ignored bug regarding simultaneous starship/shuttle equipping, and I'm almost certain it is at the very heart of the power tray glitch.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    #79: dear god, that seems to work!! thx man

> tl;dr edition
    > delete shuttle
    > redone your tray
    > manage loadout --> save
    > ???
    > PROFIT!!!!

SO ive deleted my shuttle with the force of one thousand Sun and than redone my tray again, after that i saved the stuff with that "manage loadouts" thingy and woala. beam'd down/up and the very same tray welcome'd me that i just saved

*fingers crossed its stays that way*
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe if this is shuttle related, it will finally get them to fix the player info saying we are piloting a shuttle all the time. If the game thinks that is what you are piloting, it makes sense that it would TRIBBLE up tray loadouts among other things.

Those that have a Lobi purchased shuttle cannot easily dismiss them though since there is no way to reclaim them.
  • Options
    inzano424242inzano424242 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    just out of curiosity, the people who have fixed this with removing the shuttle, did you then re-add the shuttle? or are you just going shuttleless and enjoying having buttons?

edit: just tried it. still reset everything without a shuttle. had this happening for last 12 days or so, and just today its started also unequipping my bridge officers. only thing i think i changed today was a bridge officer assigned to shuttle, so shuttle being buggy may be the right track..

re-edit- ok, didnt work that first time, but i was able to load it as a loadout without the shuttle, ad after loading it the first time it seems to be staying.
  • Options
    hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    just out of curiosity, the people who have fixed this with removing the shuttle, did you then re-add the shuttle? or are you just going shuttleless and enjoying having buttons?

Yes, I reclaimed my shuttle after deleting the first one. Since working around this bug (so far), my bridge officers also appear on my ship's bridge interior without fail (no more random nameless NPC crew taking their place like before). *still crossing fingers*
    re-edit- ok, didnt work that first time, but i was able to load it as a loadout without the shuttle, ad after loading it the first time it seems to be staying.

Good to hear. I hope it holds up for you. :)
  • Options
    giantspacecrabgiantspacecrab Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, this bug had hit me last night on my alt (and only this alt out of 4 characters) I had started to level and it was driving me insane.

Everything was getting real screwed up. But certain things were missing. For example it was only a few consoles, my carrier pet summon and one attack.

This had started BEFORE I even got my shuttle, so I was hesitant about the shuttle fix working for me, but when I had acquired my shuttle for the vault mission. (Used the C-Store fighter) it screwed my entire tray up further.

Deleting my shuttle as described in post #79 and the tl;dr version in #80 did something unusual. It restored my loadout... to the less screwed up version that I had delt with from levels 20 to 30.

I did not expect it to work, since I had seen this.. but I did a reorganize, tried the save loadout etc. However I was met with failure as it was rebooted to the lesser of two evils loadout. Aka the one not as messed up.

I'm inclined to believe that this may be related to consoles (As well as something to do with shuttles.)

So far I did the following:

Removed --everything-- on every tray.

Removed all bridge officers from their stations.

I also unequipped every console I had. (Mostly these were C-Store consoles that I use for leveling.)

First, I began to add weapon attacks, devices, my carrier pet summon, captain abilities, call trade freighter.

I went down to the planet (Qo'nos) and came back up. To my amazement, everything stuck on the bar in their proper position.

Next, I gave my bridge officers their stations, added their abilities to row 4/5 etc cause I like it off to the side. Their powers promptly popped up onto the trays and were moved.

Again, down to Qo'nos and back up. It was good.

Next was the consoles. I tested every single one, namely plasmonic leech, and then others that had abilities like aceton and Magnetometric Generator. As I was doing this one at a time. I had come to the realization, that when I was bugged, these console tray powers were --not-- finding a place on my tray automatically. With the testing that every console seemed okay and stayed where it belonged I added them all at once...

Rearranged their spots, put them nicely where I want them. Tested and good. Then I had forgot to add my pirates.. again. I'm good.

So, maybe it's console related or related to something not getting added to the tray? SO far I seem unbugged. But figured I'd write the steps down I did incase it may lead to someone else fixing their characters.

As of writing I have not reclaimed my shuttle. Guess I'll go test that now.

Edit: I got a shuttle, again the same fighter. Added my bridge officer and tested in the vault. This time, unlike the first time when I was bugged. I noticed all my tray powers were not automatically on the tray. So, seeing them all was a good sign. I reorganized everything, made it how I like it. Zoned out, arrived at my main ship, everything was good. Back in and good as well.

Hope it helps someone.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    #84: moving consoles that is giving powers - or universal consoles - that u can drag on the power-tray DO matter where you put back on the ship --> must be on the very same console location again or its gonna pop away
  • Options
    akneadiaakneadia Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am having a similar problem with my fed main, in that any new powers i have unlocked since new season launch and have put in space power try seem to be forgotten as soon as i move from a ground zone to space zone, and it returns to what it was before season update. So every time i log on i need to now keep updating the space power tray.
  • Options
    ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I actually posted a fix for this in similar topic about a week ago, can't find it now, so I'll re-post here.

1- Arrange your Boffs and toolbars as you like.
    2- Go to your ship loadout on your character sheet and save the loadout as Primary.
    3- Swap out several pieces of ship equipment (eg deflector, shield and impulse) and save as Secondary. This will use both loadout slots for that one ship.
    4- Select your Primary loadout.

This should solve the problem, if it happens again (it hasn't for me thus far, but if it does) swapping the loadout to Secondary and then back to Primary should put it back. The only problem with this method is consumables such as batteries will revert to what ever number they were at when you saved the loadout.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • Options
    drconny7drconny7 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I also keep having this problem only with my fed character. everytime I tranfer to another screen it forgets the loadout. It is really annoying. If anybody knows what to do here i would appreciate some help.
  • Options
    theredviola2003theredviola2003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can I get some name@handles for characters that are consistently having this problem? I've been unable to reproduce this with a test character, so I'd like to look at a copy of a character that is having this problem.

Velar@theredviola2003
  • Options
    titanforce1titanforce1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014

sure Fei@titanforcee911 Happens to my fed toon "Fei" all the time.
  • Options
    jasondswiftjasondswift Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I actually posted a fix for this in similar topic about a week ago, can't find it now, so I'll re-post here.

Great advice, this works like a charm for me!