Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 1st, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    mindwipecjgmindwipecjg Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2014
    haubrock wrote: »
    Well, the "known issues" tab should be as long as this whole thread,....
    What about the disappearing boff abilities disappearing every time we change maps?
    Its hilarious to get into an STF and having to slot all abilities back into their trays...

i agree they should fixe the meat and potatoes of the game before the spruce up the granish! - just to paraphrase :)

but oh well i guess their new shineys take priority as always. i may as well go play a certain other space mmo for now till this is all fixed i guess.. see u in 12 months (again) - btw i am being sarcastic on that! :)
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    Another maintenance in the middle of Europe afternoon. And not a single mention of the broken PvP queue being fixed !

Thursday maintenance has always been at this time...
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jjdez wrote: »
    Thursday maintenance has always been at this time...

I thought it used to start at 10am PDT which put it evening time on this side of the water.

However to avoid our afternoon on this side of the pond would require and even earlier start.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and I’ll post again once it is complete. Thanks ya’ll!
    ~LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    alteri1alteri1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They fixing the bacon replicators this time?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    alteri1 wrote: »
    They fixing the bacon replicators this time?
    God I wish they'd take care of that. I'm having to cook by hand!
  • Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2014
    What about this and this?

It is not even under the "Known Issues"........
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    alteri1alteri1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Bacon powered Singularity core is runnin out of fuel, better fix it fast ^^
  • Options
    malesticmalestic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Atlaest I finished my elite stf in time.. had 30 seconds left when we finished :cool:
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014

WHAT?????

Damn it! I shall call the Minions of Ba'al (tm) at once and get this fixed! I sent you a gourmet chef to cook your bacon! How DARE your servants leave you making it yourself!

Dang, being a Grand Vizier is tough...

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    WHAT?????

Damn it! I shall call the Minions of Ba'al (tm) at once and get this fixed! I sent you a gourmet chef to cook your bacon! How DARE your servants leave you making it yourself!

Dang, being a Grand Vizier is tough...

Hail Ba'al!
    OH!... Shoot, I thought the chef WAS for eating. That would explain why my minion count has been low.

...My bad.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    OH!... Shoot, I thought the chef WAS for eating. That would explain why my minion count has been low.

...My bad.

*headdesk*

ARGH!!!

Next time, I won't send you a robot chef with a bacon exterior...

Flesh-and-blood human, this time around.

Please be aware that the Sovereign frowns on cannibalism. This has been a mandatory public service announcement from Grand Vizier worffan101.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Any word on a fix for the borked textures?

THIS!!! Since Season 8 launched after about 15 mins of gameplay if I leave and transfer maps all textures are totally gone, it looks like the modeled maps before textures were ever applied. Its getting annoying having to reboot the game 3 times and hour or more. If it helps it doesnt happen on tribble at all. Sometimes a visit to the tailor helps reload some of the textures, very bizarre and no acknowledgment from Cryptic on this.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Interesting that the FPS issue is not being addressed at all or even acknowledged.

Also the mission breaking bug in Undine Assault has not been mentioned either.

The "Known Issues" section is about 1/100th the size it ought to be. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    bannon3 wrote: »
    THIS!!! Since Season 8 launched after about 15 mins of gameplay if I leave and transfer maps all textures are totally gone, it looks like the modeled maps before textures were ever applied. Its getting annoying having to reboot the game 3 times and hour or more. If it helps it doesnt happen on tribble at all. Sometimes a visit to the tailor helps reload some of the textures, very bizarre and no acknowledgment from Cryptic on this.
    We got a general change in to graphics. Cliff mentioned it a couple days ago. :)
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16667161&postcount=664
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vis·cous (adjective) \ˈvis-kəs\
    of a liquid : thick or sticky : not flowing easily

vi·cious (adjective) \ˈvi-shəs\
    : very violent and cruel
    : very dangerous

Now, while I understand the possibility of getting confused with these two words, I don't know where else to put this, so I thought I'd throw it in here... The Undine Space PvE queue is called "Viscous Cycle" not "Vicious Cycle"... The Undine might be very vicious, but they come from a universe of fluidic space where flight there might seem very viscous...

Now, I'm not trying to be a jerk here, only to offer an education to those who might not recognize or understand the difference... Please stop calling the mission "Vicious Cycle"...

/rant
    CM

;)
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »

Now, while I understand the possibility of getting confused with these two words, I don't know where else to put this, so I thought I'd throw it in here... The Undine Space PvE queue is called "Viscous Cycle" not "Vicious Cycle"... The Undine might be very vicious, but they come from a universe of fluidic space where flight there might seem very viscous...

Now, I'm not trying to be a jerk here, only to offer an education to those who might not recognize or understand the difference... Please stop calling the mission "Vicious Cycle"...

/rant
    CM

;)

I don't know frankly. It's a perfectly cromulent word!
  • Options
    tickletopstickletops Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »

/rant
    CM

;)

vis-à-vis your eloquent defense of the english language and timely reminder to captains. However, as there appears to be a lack of sheer and deformation in Undine space, bar the occasional floating solid, it would appear the more appropriate expression would be INVISCID fluid, or Inviscid Cycle, so as to correctly imply a lack of viscous resistance, or a low viscosity.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Interesting that the FPS issue is not being addressed at all or even acknowledged.

Also the mission breaking bug in Undine Assault has not been mentioned either.

The "Known Issues" section is about 1/100th the size it ought to be. :o

Yeah, we know. But we cant expect anything to change. In the meantime, its good to see that people doesnt care about the bugs not being fixed. See all the comments in this thread, yeah, nobody complaining, the opposite, still "good job" commentaries everywhere. And everybody making jokes (even the moderator.. watch out, that is not good for your job..). So, as i said tons of times, this will never change because the behaviour of the people in these forums will never change. And even if the base population of these forums must be not even 30% of the total player base, i really think that unfortunately, the rest of the players dont give a fk about the game (probably they are not even trekkies). Its too bad, but the only thing you can do is get used to it. And to live with all the fails until you cant play anymore. :(
  • Options
    purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "And to live with all the fails until you cant play anymore"

Words to live by, yo.
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No response to the people who are having bad fps hits since s9 especially with undine maps like VCE.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1090131
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Bacon is old hat move on people, Pizza cakes are the new upcoming thing:
    http://cheezburger.com/8154181632

What makes it even better is that it comes from the country that brings us good bacon. Now how about a bacon pizza cake. Hmm would that be too much?

Now to get on topic. Any news on the Delta Volanis bug for KDF characters?
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What FPS Issues? This is Cryptic Studios we're talking about here. It's working as intended. :D
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited May 2014

Pork-barrel financing cut by budget-balancers. The pigs just don't want you to have your daily allotment of cooked bacon.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    Bacon is old hat move on people, Pizza cakes are the new upcoming thing:
    http://cheezburger.com/8154181632

What makes it even better is that it comes from the country that brings us good bacon. Now how about a bacon pizza cake. Hmm would that be too much?

Now to get on topic. Any news on the Delta Volanis bug for KDF characters?

MUST. HAVE. PIZZA. CAKE. WITH. TOFU. BACON.

I shall call the Sovereign about this idea. It should please him greatly.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2014
    keep fixing things........awesome
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    MUST. HAVE. PIZZA. CAKE. WITH. TOFU. BACON.

I shall call the Sovereign about this idea. It should please him greatly.

Hail Ba'al!

Make that Quorn bacon and you're on. Tofu is just urgh!!! Of the veggies I know bacon is the one thing they all regret giving up and miss even with the replacements.
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We got a general change in to graphics. Cliff mentioned it a couple days ago. :)
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16667161&postcount=664

No way? A real fix today? Holy....I am, I am stunned. Forgive my blatant angry rant, all hail the Cryptic Gods. Unless it doesnt work, then you will be hearing from me, I will see to it no bacon makes it to the West. Btw anyone seen the bacon bowls you can make, OMG!
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    Make that Quorn bacon and you're on. Tofu is just urgh!!! Of the veggies I know bacon is the one thing they all regret giving up and miss even with the replacements.

Actually, IRL I never did like bacon. But tofu bacon is actually rather tasty.

But that's just me.

The one thing that I really do miss is Alaskan sockeye salmon. God, that's some awesome fish right there...

Now, back into my Grand Vizier character...
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tickletops wrote: »
    vis-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
This discussion has been closed.