test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 1st, 2014) [Complete!]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday May 1st, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gabesoutogabesouto Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey! Keep the floating Aenar! We were about to organize a fan club! Maybe naming a fleet after her... :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    gabesouto wrote: »
    Hey! Keep the floating Aenar! We were about to organize a fan club! Maybe naming a fleet after her... :D

I for one welcome our new floating overlords!
  • Options
    captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey Trendy, I'm not sure if this was touched on earlier, but did something happen to the number of Borg Neural Processors possible from Elite STFs lately? I haven't ever gotten more than 1 since the Season came out and no changes were mentioned in the S9 notes or the Dev Blogs.

EDIT: And where's our summer event news, the map has already been updated.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday May 1st, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

You're alive! It's been so quiet around here the past few days. I was thinking that you ran off with the supply of bacon and weren't coming back. :P
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi Captains,

Looks awesome. :cool:

Also, Mistress, are you and your wife enjoying the pleasure palace? Are the servants properly diligent now?

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey Trendy, I'm not sure if this was touched on earlier, but did something happen to the number of Borg Neural Processors possible from Elite STFs lately? I haven't ever gotten more than 1 since the Season came out and no changes were mentioned in the S9 notes or the Dev Blogs.

EDIT: And where's our summer event news, the map has already been updated.

They did actually mention the removal of the bonus BNPs in Season 9 Dev Blog #3.
    The chance for extra Borg Neural Processors is being removed; however, the related costs of all reputation projects are being decreased accordingly. The end result is that Borg Neural Processors will drop at a rate similar to Voth Cybernetic Implants and the Task Force Omega reputation projects will require the same amount of these elite rewards to the Dyson Joint Command projects.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gabesouto wrote: »

Hopefully if that floating Aenar is gone, it means they also removed the floating box that was not far from her postion since it was not mentioned in the notes.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You're alive! It's been so quiet around here the past few days. I was thinking that you ran off with the supply of bacon and weren't coming back. :P
    Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Meanwhile, reports of my bacon supply are completely factual and accurate.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hopefully if that floating Aenar is gone, it means they also removed the floating box that was not far from her postion since it was not mentioned in the notes.

I'd assume so.

Man, that was the creepiest graphics glitch in a while...
  • Options
    gabesoutogabesouto Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I supposed that was the monolith from '2001: A Space Oddysey' coming back...
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated

Ok, where was that quote from? Its 2:30am and I will not browse through all DVDs now.
    Yes, I still use DVDs and not those new Blu-tooth discs
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ok, where was that quote from? Its 2:30am and I will not browse through all DVDs now.
    Yes, I still use DVDs and not those new Blu-tooth discs

It was something significant, but it was also in a Will Ferrel Movie.

"Megamind" was the Will Ferrel movie, but it was referencing something else, I'm sure.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

"Megamind" was the Will Ferrel movie, but it was referencing something else, I'm sure.

You are the wind beneath my wings

I think it was something sci related.. Harry Potter?

Oh by the way, if you haven't seen last Friday's Livestream, I highly recommend you watch the record, sir
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You are the wind beneath my wings

I think it was something sci related.. Harry Potter?

Oh by the way, if you haven't seen last Friday's Livestream, I highly recommend you watch the record, sir

Not sure.

And I shall! Did our Mistress, the glorious Trendy, have any good livestreambombs of Smirk?
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Did the missing textures bug fix get missed in the patch notes? Cliff said it should be going live in this one.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16667161&postcount=664
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Last I heard it was from Mark Twain. The livestream is considerably relevant, due to Smirk Twain. :P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Last I heard it was from Mark Twain. The livestream is considerably relevant, due to Smirk Twain. :P

Aaaaah, thank you, Mistress!

How is the palace? Are you and the other Mrs. Trendy enjoying the throne room? Are the servants appropriately diligent? Are the peeled grapes delivered on time?

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Aaaaah, thank you, Mistress!

How is the palace? Are you and the other Mrs. Trendy enjoying the throne room? Are the servants appropriately diligent? Are the peeled grapes delivered on time?

Hail Ba'al!

:confused::confused::confused:

Why did no one tell me that..
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    :confused::confused::confused:

Why did no one tell me that..

It was the last patch thread, if memory serves. The Mistress was having some issues with the servants in her pleasure palace; they were unspeakably tardy with the peeled grapes. I called Sovereign Ba'al's Minion and Servant Service and yelled at a few very specific people, and got it all cleared up.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    It was the last patch thread, if memory serves. The Mistress was having some issues with the servants in her pleasure palace; they were unspeakably tardy with the peeled grapes. I called Sovereign Ba'al's Minion and Servant Service and yelled at a few very specific people, and got it all cleared up.

Hail Ba'al!
    Who's Ba'al, and why do you continue to hail this Ba'al for?
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Hail Ba'al!

Aha.

By the way it was First Contact where Picard crawled out of the Jefferies Tube and said that Death line
  • Options
    edited May 2014

For god's sake don't ask :eek:

You unleash an avalanche of Information from him
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Sovereign Ba'al.

Origins of the joke.

It snowballed over the past couple of months.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Aha.

By the way it was First Contact where Picard crawled out of the Jefferies Tube and said that Death line

Think so. Not sure.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Sovereign Ba'al.

Origins of the joke.

It snowballed over the past couple of months.

I am dissapointet. You usually start with an explanation, throw some Latin phrases in it and stop at about 450 words :P
    Think so. Not sure.

Yes it is. And this time I am right :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Did the missing textures bug fix get missed in the patch notes? Cliff said it should be going live in this one.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16667161&postcount=664
    To my understanding, it's a general fix to a variety of graphics-related issues. I believe the change that cliff mentioned is in the patch still, though not listed in the patch notes.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Not sure.

And I shall! Did our Mistress, the glorious Trendy, have any good livestreambombs of Smirk?
    I'm still plotting. Always plotting.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I am dissapointet. You usually start with an explanation, throw some Latin phrases in it and stop at about 450 words :P

Yes it is. And this time I am right :D

--I'm short on time right now. And I need to hit the sack.

--Yeah, I just checked. Good catch!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm still plotting. Always plotting.

As Grand Vizier to Sovereign Ba'al, I approve! :D

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To my understanding, it's a general fix to a variety of graphics-related issues. I believe the change that cliff mentioned is in the patch still, though not listed in the patch notes.

Ah okay, cool. Just making sure since it was a nasty one we've had since S8 came along. ;)
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
This discussion has been closed.