Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 1st, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Ah okay, cool. Just making sure since it was a nasty one we've had since S8 came along. ;)
    I know it's a general change. I'm looking into it right now.
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So these patch notes are sort of a Thursdays With Morri...gan?
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    quintaris wrote: »
    So these patch notes are sort of a Thursdays With Morri...gan?

More-again?

Aha... aha. Oh I've told that joke far too much in my life.
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Joystick fix! Looks like I am getting one!
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Joystick fix! Looks like I am getting one!
    Yeah, Smirk and I made sure to do our best in voicing the community concerns. :)
  • Options
    raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    doesnt the special run of the FE end tomorrow?

if thats the case

wouldnt it go on the solanae dyson sphere tab?

cause there is no notes about it in the patch notes
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No fix for engineer fleet kit trade in bug yet?
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Good glad to see some fixes being made. There is still plenty to fix.

I was hoping to see the Romulan fix to wearing EV suits. I'm still going around headless. Which is why I'm avoiding those missions for her for now.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes it is. And this time I am right :D
    you are not

one, the line was "Reports of my assimilation are greatly exaggerated." death wasn't involved in any way

two, the line is far older than First Contact anyway
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    starsword1989starsword1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No fix for engineer fleet kit trade in bug yet?

Yeah, Spire Enemy Neutralization kits still cannot be traded in :(
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Naysayers aside (not as many this time as usual), I saw the patch notes this time and thought, "you know, there's a lot to fix still, but it looks like they're working hard to get it all taken care of..."

Thanks for the game, and keep working on making the game as fun for all as it is for me! I won't "worship" you, Trendy, like worffan might ( :) ) but I do appreciate hearing from you each week (and the occasional bacon visits in between)...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Naysayers aside (not as many this time as usual), I saw the patch notes this time and thought, "you know, there's a lot to fix still, but it looks like they're working hard to get it all taken care of..."

Thanks for the game, and keep working on making the game as fun for all as it is for me! I won't "worship" you, Trendy, like worffan might ( :) ) but I do appreciate hearing from you each week (and the occasional bacon visits in between)...

CM

I appreciate that! I do try my best to chat with ya'll. I'm hoping to jump in-game more and talk with everyone as well as be more active on my twitter. :)
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Any word on a fix for the borked textures?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, I see nothing has been mentioned about active space doffs being reset when ever you change maps...

*sadness* ... :(
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Any word on a fix for the borked textures?

If you would have noticed this was answered already in this exact thread...
    To my understanding, it's a general fix to a variety of graphics-related issues. I believe the change that cliff mentioned is in the patch still, though not listed in the patch notes.
    ;)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited May 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    So, I see nothing has been mentioned about active space doffs being reset when ever you change maps...

that's a loadout related issue...so not getting fixed any time soon
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Any word on the racial traits being fixxed ..
    My Orion still doesnt have any, nd my Ferengi Lobes are still taking a trait slot.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    you are not

one, the line was "Reports of my assimilation are greatly exaggerated." death wasn't involved in any way

two, the line is far older than First Contact anyway

The German translation in movies, TV series, isn't always very accurate. :P
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, Smirk and I made sure to do our best in voicing the community concerns. :)

Whom of the Devs did you shoot :D
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Are :

a. Not saving graphical settings fixed ? I saw you have launched a sleek new IU for the graphical settings for the game, but it doesn't serve anything if it ain't saving those settings. Each time I launch the game, I have to reconfigure those settings into full screen mode and hope that the game will once remember those.

b. Is the powertray been fixed ? It has been reported and experienced by myself that when you swap from maps, mostly from ground to space, that the powertray is missing some slots and that people need to re-arrange it. It's a very annoying bug, and it's hard to remember which power is been slotted in which slot each time for each ship.

c. For crying out loud, and this is my biggest beef, why on earth does everything have to come in boxes ? All marks are currencies and should be forwarded directly into the Asset Tab of the inventory. I understand, there are certain missions where you have the choice of marks, that you are using a kind of box in those. But for the Undine Space Battleground, you can only get Undine marks. Same as with the Borg STF's, the only reward there are Omega Marks. It's filling rapidly the inventory, and clutters it, with the risk that you don't get for example the Isomorphic Injections at the end of the Undine Space Battleground, which has happened already a couple of times.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The German translation in movies, TV series, isn't always very accurate. :P
    well, blame your local translator for that

i pulled the line directly from the script, so i know it's correct

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jivedutch wrote: »
    c. For crying out loud, and this is my biggest beef, why on earth does everything have to come in boxes ? All marks are currencies and should be forwarded directly into the Asset Tab of the inventory. I understand, there are certain missions where you have the choice of marks, that you are using a kind of box in those. But for the Undine Space Battleground, you can only get Undine marks. Same as with the Borg STF's, the only reward there are Omega Marks. It's filling rapidly the inventory, and clutters it, with the risk that you don't get for example the Isomorphic Injections at the end of the Undine Space Battleground, which has happened already a couple of times.

I agree. I can just about see the reasoning behind the daily bonus reward going into a box but the rest is just going overboard. It is getting on my nerves, boxes, boxes, boxes seems to be the mantra now.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Captains cannot equip more than one of a non-unique duty officer at once."

So, still no 2x Zemoks? This should have been fixed with extreme prejudice!

Also, no mention of fixing the many tray/loadout errors reported. :(

I know, you're still... 'collating.' Sigh.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2014

If you can say the big FPS problem has been mentioned, there's a pound of bacon in it for you. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tousseau wrote: »

I have this problem as well.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you can say the big FPS problem has been mentioned, there's a pound of bacon in it for you. :D

THIS! This is probably the biggest issue in game for quite a few of us right now. Season 8, T-1 day to season 9 debut fps was great. Come season 9 however, there was a general drop in fps and a general increase in cpu usage.

No mention in the notes, so has it been fixed?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I hope they fixed the fps issue, because the vicious cycle is impossible to play. But unfortunately im afraid cryptic really doesnt care about these issues. If you cant play because low fps, bad luck.
  • Options
    mindwipecjgmindwipecjg Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2014
    that's a loadout related issue...so not getting fixed any time soon

i noticed that and its not even mentioned as a known issue..

considering how many ppl voiced up about it you would have thught that was at least known by now.. to me thats a pretty big bug as it affects the gameplay of a mission (especially if your in a team

they should give us the option to delete our saved load outs at least till they fix it so we stop getting nerfed when a map change occurs because that is one royally irritating bug issue
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Another maintenance in the middle of Europe afternoon. And not a single mention of the broken PvP queue being fixed !
  • Options
    haubrockhaubrock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday May 1st, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Well, the "known issues" tab should be as long as this whole thread,....
    What about the disappearing boff abilities disappearing every time we change maps?
    Its hilarious to get into an STF and having to slot all abilities back into their trays...
This discussion has been closed.