test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

People hate the new green phasers

kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
Solution: Make the new Undine Rep Weapons CRIMSON.

Reasoning:

- Aside from the red/black Antiproton, we don't have red weapons yet (think palette-swapped andorian phasers - red/white)

- Red phasers, while not bio-molecular, are canon.

Thoughts?
Post edited by kiloace on

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They're green because bio-molecular photons from Voyager were green. So by that logic, all bio-molecular weapons are green. :rolleyes:

I do wish Cryptic was more imaginative with the energy weapons this time around...
  • Options
    salynraydersalynrayder Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Crimson? I like it! Roll Tide!
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kiloace wrote: »

Reasoning:

- Aside from the red/black Antiproton, we don't have red weapons yet (think palette-swapped andorian phasers - red/white)

Thoughts?
    I polled 4813 people today, and they didn't all hate the green weapons. Could I see your polling data that says they do? :)

Green is canon from voyager. If cryptic made them some other color people'd probably just complain about why they're not canon green.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    when did voyager fire a green pahser?

the torpedo was green but i do not recall the phasers being disruptor green
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wait, there's a lot of bugs that need fixing, and we're concerned about the color of a weapon? :confused:
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Wait, there's a lot of bugs that need fixing, and we're concerned about the color of a weapon? :confused:

Well yeah. My Gal-X shoots an orange beam from the main gun, but green beams out of the saucer? Looks wrong. Disruptors are green, phasers are orange.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kiloace wrote: »

Reasoning:

Thoughts?
    It might amaze you to know that phasers aren't red at all, they're orange. You might want to get your facts straight before calling for the phasers to be red/crimson.

As for your title, I call hogwash on that. Just because you don't like the color of the phasers from the 8472 rep, that doesn't mean everyone else hates the color as well.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I got a undine nicor ship the other day and all the weapons on it were a Goldish color. Is this what your talking about, the new Fluidic antioproton weapon color. Mine were not green.
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok people hate the green phasers, have you tried getting opinions from non-people? Canids? Reptiloids? STO gamers?
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Tbh color never bothered me. The Andorian Fleet Phasers I thought about getting for blue when I realized "oh they're the same as the normal fleet phasers which I already bought." So If the rep phaser turret is green? Oh well. As long as it makes the undine more dead and me less dead, It's cool with me. (Not saying make klingon weapons purple or anything, just not splitting hairs over the new stuff)
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014

We aren't allowed to complain about more than one thing?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well I have to agree, this is the first rep that boost phasers and than they make them green, so why bother than I could stay with my Disrupter or Plasma weapons.

Voyager's Phasers have never been modified but one of the hand phasers was and it was still orange.

5x04 - In The Flesh

http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/5x04/intheflesh_218.jpg
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have not really looked at the rep phasers yet, but would also not be interested in using them, if they look like disruptors.

Shame that we can't customize our weapon colors within limits.

For example have phasers with standard orange with possible unlocks: TOS blue when picking up TOS beams, Andoria blue when picking up Andorian weapons and green with picking up rep phasers but make them interchangable in the ship tailor.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014

This is because we have multiple departments in Cryptic, and the lot of bugs that you are probably referring to have nothing to do with the FX department. So yes, we are concerned over the ugly color of a weapon.
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well yeah. My Gal-X shoots an orange beam from the main gun, but green beams out of the saucer? Looks wrong. Disruptors are green, phasers are orange.

Meanwhile on Consitution class starships.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zipagat wrote: »

Yes. Unfortunately there are no T5 Constitutions in the game and since TNG Starfleet phasers have been orange. And let's be completely honest, unlike with the Andorian blue phasers we get nothing out of green phasers. Many people complain about the phaser proc and if you want a ship with green energy weapons you already have green disruptors, and two green hues of plasma. Green phasers are visually incompatible with all the other phaser weapons so far (quad cannon, aux cannon, phaser lance, Kumari phaser wing cannons etc.). Sorry, but it's an incredibly stupid choice and one that makes me regret only testing the new kits on Tribble.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    With plasma and disruptors one might think we have enough green weapons.
    If I want my ship to fire green I'll pick one of those.

While it will look strangely funny to have green rep, blue wing, and the orange quad cannons with a red cutting beam on my kumari.... for the majority of phaser using ships = all star fleet green is a no go for me.

I could live with blue as a TOS reference, I could live with APish red = close enough... essentially anything but green. That just looks wrong.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Do you realize that cryptic doesnt care anymore for the colors of the weapons?? they change everything cuz they have a lot of time to waste. The phasers should be reddish, maybe a little green but thats all. The transphasic clusters should be yellow, same as the transphasic torpedoes. And the.. well, i will just stop. ETC. They really doesnt care anymore lol, they only want a rainbow of colors :)
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    That is a Connie from 2268, but since the 2270s:

Something has to be wrong with that Conie than

There is. It's firing red phasers, that's corrected in the Remastered versions. blue phasers, red photons.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Actually I would be ok with orange beams with a greenish core or or something like that.

Edit: like this
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It might amaze you to know that phasers aren't red at all, they're orange. You might want to get your facts straight before calling for the phasers to be red/crimson.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091205234529/memoryalpha/en/images/a/aa/USS_Enterprise_firing_on_Narada.jpg

JJ-treks phasers were red...

It would be nice if they were "typical" phaser-orange, but since they haven't even fixed the disruptor point-defense console yet, I doubt they're evenr going to fix the colouring on something that was intended to be green.
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We have seen the Phase cannons in ENTERPRISE that fired a red-orange beam, much darker than the Phasers in TNG/VOY, the TOS Phasers were transparent-red or transparent-blue and in the digital remastered episodes bright blue (more like the tetryon beams we have in STO)

But i agree with the OT. I dont want to have another green weapon. And in Voyager it was just the green torpedo. And Torpedos have nothing to do with beam weapons or are Voyagers Phasers blue when it fires Quantum Torpedoes?

We have the green disruptors, green Plasma (which are wrong because the Romulans in TNG/DS9 used disruptors with the same effect as the Klingons)

And it also not canon or logical that any ship can fire Biological weapons like the Undine Beams. THey would have to adapt a biological component to work with the technology of the Arrays and i dont see how that coud work.

But honestly i dont see why anyone ever would want to have Phsers on their ship. there ares o many better weapons available and they are, when from the fleet store, also stronger than any normal Mk XII weapon.

And why even call it a phaser? A tetryon beam is called tetryon because it carries tetryon particles and tetryon radiation so why not jus call this Bio-Molecular Beam? Not Phaser or disruptor or anything.

and make it red ;-). Red looks great and dangerous
  • Options
    realwildblurealwildblu Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091205234529/memoryalpha/en/images/a/aa/USS_Enterprise_firing_on_Narada.jpg

It would be nice if they were "typical" phaser-orange, but since they haven't even fixed the disruptor point-defense console yet, I doubt they're evenr going to fix the colouring on something that was intended to be green.

JJVerse is like Vegas ... what happens in JJVerse, stays in JJVerse. Abrams made that decision when he decided that Kirk was born in space rather than Iowa.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    JJVerse is like Vegas ... what happens in JJVerse, stays in JJVerse. Abrams made that decision when he decided that Kirk was born in space rather than Iowa.

Kirk never said he was born in Iowa, just that he is from Iowa which is still true in Star Trek 09, since he actually grew up there with his step dad.
  • Options
    bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I love the green..:P, earth day i guess.:D
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Do you realize that cryptic doesnt care anymore for the colors of the weapons?? they change everything cuz they have a lot of time to waste. The phasers should be reddish, maybe a little green but thats all. The transphasic clusters should be yellow, same as the transphasic torpedoes. And the.. well, i will just stop. ETC. They really doesnt care anymore lol, they only want a rainbow of colors :)

Giving up is also not an option.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    realwildblurealwildblu Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Kirk never said he was born in Iowa, just that he is from Iowa which is still true in Star Trek 09, since he actually grew up there with his step dad.

The Great Bird of the Galaxy granted Riverside, Iowa the right to call themselves the birthplace of James T. Kirk. That's good enough for me...

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2081
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Who fkg cares what color were JJ phasers?? dont tell me you liked those movies?? lol. Well, tastes are like COLORS. But the movies of mr. jj have 0 trek content in em. Its not a really good example looool.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    Giving up is also not an option.

Giving up on what?? if they cant even make original weapons (because holy zzzz the new weapons are just like the old ones but with different color.. seriously, cryptic?), how are they going to use the correct colors for the weapons. My guess is that they do it randomly, and if people doesnt like it, bad luck.