test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Been wearing the Oddy since it came out! :):):)

Comments

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If they ever finish the Odyssey variant uniforms, I'd be fine with the Ody being supplied to all players if the folks who bought the fleet unlock get one of the variants.

I would be okay with this too. The Fleet variant should be a shiny, well, Fleety version.
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Eventually.

We're going to start updating some of the other NPCs throughout the game to the new standard Uniform. But it's a process, and will take some time.

That would be very nice. I really like the new standard uniform.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Eventually.

We're going to start updating some of the other NPCs throughout the game to the new standard Uniform. But it's a process, and will take some time.

Looking forward to going into my ship and seeing the crew wearing the right uniform.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Looking forward to going into my ship and seeing the crew wearing the right uniform.

I still wish we could customize our shipboard crew. :P
  • Options
    lukemblukemb Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Eventually.

I think it's a great idea! A standard uniform would improve the overall Trek feel.

BTW the Oddy variants on all ESD personnel look fantasic.

I hope one of the next blogs will have the 2410 Uniform Code so that we can replicate the ESD variants.
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jtmarsh wrote: »
    Im so so happy with the new npc uniforms. I have been wearing that exact uniform and color from fleet day one unlock. Even the split tng pants!

I wear a slight variant of it, I carry black body, department strip enad white shoulders, but it's nice to see it happen regardless.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    I understand that. All I'm saying is, players are given a "generic" (Academy) uniform for the tutorial, and are then free to create a custom uniform, which is unlikely to change.

It's true that they won't be able to access the Odyssey uniform, but they will be able to wear whatever they want.

If we're talking about what other uniforms would be good "default" uniforms for NPCs, I would suggest Sierra 1.

I agree, Sierra 1 is the best looking of the old ones. And it has an Open Jacket variation for all us sex-crazed kids with female BOs or characters. (If you ever unlocked open jackets).
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There is a chat channel call "NoP Public Service" where you can request an invite to a Fleet which the Starbase Tailor unlocked.

If you want the uniform, it is 16,000 Dilithium and 8,000 Fleet Credits. It doesn't require provisions and you dont have to be a member of that fleet to purchase it.

If you want, please shoot me a PM with your game @handle and I will send an invitation to our Starbase for you to purchase it.

FYI - Covenant of Honor is a T4 Starbase (with T4 Shipyard, T4 Comm Array, and working on T4 Eng upgrade now). We also have a complete T3 Embassy and Mine with both of those Tailors unlocked as well.

While I'm extremely appreciative of the offer, I don't have a single fleet credit to my name, so it would do me little good at the moment.

That being said, this chat channel sounds like a brilliant resource, so I'll make a note of it, thanks!
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I still wish we could customize our shipboard crew. :P

This and be able to assisgn our other bridge officers on our ship bridge so we don't have the generic Engineer officer or any other.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just want to say that I'm a big fan of the Odyssey-style Starfleet uniform and I am definitely in favour of seeing it standardised for all NPC's across the game!

I hope someone is working on guides for the colours of the uniforms as they appear on ESD! I definitely want my ships crews reflecting Starfleet fashion 2410. :D
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Are we sure we want to make a uniform that's locked away in the fleet system the "standard" uniform? If it's not available to players at start, how can it be the standard?

And that's a $64,000 question, isn't it?

If they're going to make something "standard" than it should be available for all characters of that faction from the start. But we also shouldn't just take away what a fleet as spent resources to unlock. So let's say fleets keep Odyssey 1. An Odyssey 2 variant is created that maybe has a different material of the shoulders (just a suggestion) that's made free for all players. And then an Odyssey 3 variant could be added to the C-Store that includes the Admiral's coat and let's say a unique Odyssey skirt option. That way there's something for everyone. Or make Odyssey 1 free to everyone and fleets get this Admiral Coat and skirt as an exclusive.

And as a disclaimer I'm saying this as a member of a fleet that has unlocked the Odyssey costume.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I congratulate Cryptic on the choice as well. I really like seeing the Oddy uniform as the new standard, as it quite closely resembles the only canon uniform of the 25th century we know, the alternate AGT uniform. Since the Academy uniform, the AGT and the oddy share the same lines, they are of one design lineage in my headcanon. My crew wears AGT tunics on board (officers) and a academy variant (enlisted) while the oddysey is worn as a field jacket for away missions or for better protection (so it's simply worn on top of the tunic).
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tobar26th wrote: »
    I wear a slight variant of it, I carry black body, department strip enad white shoulders, but it's nice to see it happen regardless.

I had my BO's in a modified one with solid div color on top. But mine is the exact thing Quinn has. Whats freaky is even the belt! Been like that for months. The Oddy uniform to me was the next logical step from old Tng, VOY, and then TNG movie. Best uniform STO has made
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    alan1701h wrote: »
    Just want to say that I'm a big fan of the Odyssey-style Starfleet uniform and I am definitely in favour of seeing it standardised for all NPC's across the game!

I hope someone is working on guides for the colours of the uniforms as they appear on ESD! I definitely want my ships crews reflecting Starfleet fashion 2410. :D

I wonder what this bodes for the Mirror characters...

Maybe in the future we can get a proper mirror Odyssey?

Like... bare armed vests for men and a midriff version for women? Or, heck, we're in a post-TNG era. Maybe it can be unisex belly shirts as a nod to the skant.
  • Options
    saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    While I'm extremely appreciative of the offer, I don't have a single fleet credit to my name, so it would do me little good at the moment.

That being said, this chat channel sounds like a brilliant resource, so I'll make a note of it, thanks!

8000 Fleet Credits aren't that much... maybe a weekend of a few Fleet Things or other Missions which award Fleet Marks or 8000 Dil in one Project if you have it lying around.

The only thing holding you back would be a lack of Projects to pump the Marks or Dil in.
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    wildmousex wrote: »
    Is this going to include the NPC's on our ships as well? I personally would rather set my ships crew to the uniforms I have on my captain and bofffs - how do-a-ble is this?

This times 10!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I wonder what this bodes for the Mirror characters...

Maybe in the future we can get a proper mirror Odyssey?

Like... bare armed vests for men and a midriff version for women? Or, heck, we're in a post-TNG era. Maybe it can be unisex belly shirts as a nod to the skant.

Indeed. I imagine apart from a few insignia changes, the Mirror male characters would just use the Odyssey uniforms as they are.

As for the females...I'm really not sure tbh what would work for them in the 25th century. Maybe just the Odyssey uniforms again...but tighter and shinier as a nod to the uniform worn by the Intendant from DS9? :D
    wildmousex wrote: »
    Is this going to include the NPC's on our ships as well? I personally would rather set my ships crew to the uniforms I have on my captain and bofffs - how do-a-ble is this?

Yes! I've been wanting to be able to do this sort of thing for forever and a day now!
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey if you're going to make this the standard uniform, it would be nice if they made a free variant. I do like the Odyssey uniform, I have to admit.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Hey if you're going to make this the standard uniform, it would be nice if they made a free variant. I do like the Odyssey uniform, I have to admit.

Definitely! As soon as you're starting to create a new character, the Odyssey uniform should be in place right from the off!
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    BTW, Quinns Uniform is a bit different from the others or not? Quinn does have red stripes on the sleeves.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    BTW, Quinns Uniform is a bit different from the others or not? Quinn does have red stripes on the sleeves.

He's the admmiral of the fleet, course his is different from everybody.

Edit: Personally I think they should get rid fo the Sierra and Antares and just replace it with a Free set of Oddy uniforms.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wouldn't mind if they phased out the old uniforms completely.

Keep them as customization choices but don't set them as default anyhwere anymore.

Changing the default to Odyssey uniform and have it be the standard for NPCs and new players gamewide means we need a new Fleet unlockable one, of course.

Maybe unlock the premium variants through the fleet store instead?

Belt, skirt, open variant, dress and Admiral variant?

That would be a nice trade off, I think, and still keep the look... well, uniform throughout. :)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I love that the Odyssey uniform is now becoming the 2410 Starfleet standard! I've been requesting that ever since I unlocked it on my first character and discovered that it was Cryptic's best uniform to date.

I was running a TNG series style colour scheme, with coloured torso and black shoulders, but now I'll be switching over to the STO canon version as soon as the colours are posted. I've already adjusted my main player character, as an Admiral, he gets the all black uniform with red stripe and gold trim,I found that the DS9 Admiral belt works best for him. The rest of his officers have the black uniform with grey shoulders and coloured stripe, and my Doctor has the off-white uniform variant that the CMO wears in sickbay.

I do get what some people are saying about how the uniform is locked (although it's relatively easy to get access to it). Perhaps if a free version is made available as a starting uniform, it should be the one currently available. Everyone who has already purchased the Odyssey uniform from a fleet tailor would get the standard pieces, as well as a belt, and a long coat variant to make up for it. At least, that seems fair to me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eventually.

We're Going To Start Updating Some Of The Other Npcs Throughout The Game To The New Standard Uniform. But It's A Process, And Will Take Some Time.

Taco All I Can Say At This Time To U Is, I Bow Down To You ....
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Eventually.

It makes sense for this to take time anyway, new uniforms always seem to take time to trickle out to the other ships and stations further out.

I've been using Oddesy with a red torso, department stripe and dark blue shoulders. But I'm tempted to adjust it into the new standard once the colour list is released.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This uniform is nice.

As the new "standard" uniform, it should be a free unlock to everyone playing the game now.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Edit: Personally I think they should get rid fo the Sierra and Antares and just replace it with a Free set of Oddy uniforms.

Get out of here. No no no no no no no and again no. The Sierra and Antares outfits are some of the best in the game imo. Far better than the horrid oddy outfits.

The oddy uniform strikes me as the b*stard child of the TMP uniforms and the Voyager uniforms.
    If they had to standardise, then I would have standardised on the Sierra 1 top, Ankle height "panels + pockets" trousers with the standard leather boots. Much better.

Seriously, what's with the fawning over that odd outfit?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Well, while he is the chief admiral of Starfleet he is not the only Fleet Admiral we have. And why should he have a different uniform than other Admirals/fleet Admirals?

I think there should be a Admirals Variant for every uniform Type. The TNG Season 1 uniform has an available Variant the normal TNG uniform does not so i think they should make one like Admiral Nakamura`s Variant or Admiral Brand`s Variant.

The TWOK uniform can (except for rank insignia on the sleeves and the gold braid which should be added) be made to look very close to the Movie.

The DS9/Movie Uniform has the Pricy Admirals uniform from the DS9 Pack. The All Good Things /Endgame Uniform is also missing a gold braid but that is a minor problem

But the Odyssey has no Admirals Variant just one for the Chief Fleet Admiral.
    Since it is the official uniform for Starfleet we should have a way do see a difference between normal Officers and Flag Officers . Quinn can get a shiny unique Uniform style if needed.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Get out of here. No no no no no no no and again no. The Sierra and Antares outfits are some of the best in the game imo. Far better than the horrid oddy outfits.

The oddy uniform strikes me as the b*stard child of the TMP uniforms and the Voyager uniforms.
    If they had to standardise, then I would have standardised on the Sierra 1 top, Ankle height "panels + pockets" trousers with the standard leather boots. Much better.

Seriously, what's with the fawning over that odd outfit?
    After looking over them..... I think the Oddy uniform is more like a combination of Sierra and the Academy uniform.

and yes, the Sierra pants and boots are among the best the Feds have.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I keep asking this: Can someone please, please, please work out guides for the colour codes for the Odyssey uniforms as they are seen on ESD? I want the crews of my ships wearing the identical uniforms with the identical colours.

I'm really surprised that no-one else, especially on this thread, is asking for this... :confused: