test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

do you like the way the iconians look

r24681012r24681012 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
after playing the FE Which i Enjoyed the only disappointing thing for me was how the iconians looked and weather we needed to know what they looked like at all i liked not knowing what they looked like as it gave them that air of mystery

what do you guys think
Post edited by r24681012 on

Comments

• Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    we have to know what they look like sometime. happy to finally see them appear and i liked what i saw.
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i thought they were pretty cool took me a second to realise what it was when it appeared but once u saw the front I was like hell ye its the Breen again out of their cool costumes.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    rock3tmanrock3tman Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I must say the Iconian that appeared looked cool but I too am disappointed a little. In my mind I envisioned a incredibly dark being made of void and darkness, a pitch black evil, perhaps even shapeless.

What comes to mind when i thought of the Iconian's was the "Spirit of the Abyss" from Andromeda. That thing freaked me out! (See the links)

http://www.geocities.ws/magogology/portal/demon.jpg

http://andromeda.wikia.com/wiki/Spirit_of_the_Abyss

Imagine the Iconian's looking like that^, Now they themselves don't talk and when they do they will take control of someone in the room or use technology to convey what they wish to say.

Using the "Abyss" theme, imagine when the Iconian's appear, a darkness forms around them and extends out to envelope the area around them. Now the utter negative/necrotic energy that they emit is so chaotic that its audible and sounds like screams of torture etc.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the look but it didn't give the "beings of air and darkness" title any justice.
    It didn't feel EVIL enough.

All the above is just my thoughts :)
    1FHdQdl.jpg
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Iconians are not Evil, They just Hate everyone and want their stuff
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hell I'm just glad we've FINALLY seen them. And I thought they looked quite awesome. Strap in for season 9, it's gonna be wild.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Looked better than I expected, and was nicer than the concept art we've seen way back! *Starts saving up for the Iconian lockbox* I can also only hope we get Iconian defectors as boffs too someday!
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Looked better than I expected, and was nicer than the concept art we've seen way back! *Starts saving up for the Iconian lockbox* I can also only hope we get Iconian defectors as boffs too someday!

forget that i want her armor outfit.. if that IS armor and a outfit lol

• Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was very impressed. Finally after four years I was satisfied with what I received. Well done Cryptic.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like 'em. They stayed very close to the concept art released years ago while making them look even more impressive. I approve.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    I was quite impressed as well. Really does give off the "ancient, powerful race" look too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    By Grethor, YES!!!

I thought she looked sexy!
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Do we actually know that was an actual Iconian, and not one of the servitor races? Could have been speaking on behalf of them?

Either way, she was hot haha
    animated.gif
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not particularly. They don't even look organic.

They look more like a cool design that a really talented fanboy graphic novelist would come up with, than something that would actually evolve from plants or birds or rocks or things...

I mean, they look cool- don't get me wrong. It's beautiful artwork. But it just doesn't feel like that should be a thing in Star Trek.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    The design is close to what the concept art for the Iconians were.
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140116101121/startrek/images/f/fa/Iconian_Concept.png
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personally I was more a fan of the original Iconian concept art.
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140116101121/startrek/images/f/fa/Iconian_Concept.png

Still what we got was not too shabby at all. :cool:
  • Options
    jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They look better than the Tholians. Never liked the way they look, either in the tv series or the game! Haha
    animated.gif
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The design is close to what the concept art for the Iconians were.

I too was more a fan of the concept art.

That said, there's no reason we can't have different versions of the Iconian. The one we saw could have been a boss or something?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was more disappointed that all the people in the High council chambers didn't point a disruptor or phaser at the Iconian when they had the chance, especially with the Klingons.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    On one hand I think she looked pretty badass (if that even as an Iconian; maybe that was Sela after being 'modified' !). On the other theres a part of me that almost wishes that the ultimate big bad evil was just another, even boring, alien. The 'banality of evil' and all.

Still, awesomely badass is a close second. I want her outfit!
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I approve of the design.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014

It's almost like a recolored version of that. And with more square-ish lines.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Am I the first to say "I want an Iconian BOFF"? :D

Revealing themselves so publicly was probably not something they would do because it's more likely to unify an alliance against them (which is how they were defeated first time) but it made for great drama.

As soon as the portal opened I just said "no way!" as I guessed what was about to step out, and was not disappointed.

Totally epic scene right in the midst of what was perceived as the ending of a brilliant episode, delivered when the player was already on an emotional high - delivered for maximum impact.

Sheer brilliance on Cryptic's part and kudos to the writer. :)

Yes, I approve of the design. Sleek, dark and slightly sexy.

The Iconians - A force not to be trifled with. :P
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    r24681012 wrote: »
    after playing the FE Which i Enjoyed the only disappointing thing for me was how the iconians looked and weather we needed to know what they looked like at all i liked not knowing what they looked like as it gave them that air of mystery

what do you guys think
    I loved the way the Iconian looked. It looked awesome. The shape of the Iconian was known for a while, ever since the time when the player was in the underground cave system on New Romulus. However, when we see a live Iconian, it looks even better than a holographic recording.

The voice work as well as the distortion that went with it was awesome too.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm glad Cryptic kept the look, and updated the color I was not a fan of the red.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I liked her. She was exactly as I depicted them, so powerful and "aliens" that they look like demons to us.
    However, the Reapers voice made me laugh . I was totally expecting a "We are legion. The time of our return is coming. Our number will darken the sky of every world. You cannot escape your doom."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    I liked her. She was exactly as I depicted them, so powerful and "aliens" that they look like demons to us.
    However, the Reapers voice made me laugh . I was totally expecting a "We are legion. The time of our return is coming. Our number will darken the sky of every world. You cannot escape your doom."

Oi! If only EA hadn't "nerfed" the reapers with ME3. :P
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They look like their concept art, So when I saw the foot, I knew who they were... Had known how they looked for almost 4 years.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Am I happy how she ( assuming they have a sex classification ) looked? Yes was impressed and in a " oh s#!t " moment. To everyone who says they hate how they look... yeah look what they can do! Oh an I doubt disruptors an or energy weapons would do squat. If its me an my away team against even one of them I don't rate my chances.
  • Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I want her armor.

It was a smart move to wear the armor, even if the Peace Conference was ruled to be weaponless, at least one person probably would have been armed. Might not have done much beyond getting swatted like an insect after the shot was fired.

"As you can see Captain, I come unarmed."

"Good." ::quick draws pistol and fires::

::Vaporizes shooter after the second of shock wears off:: "I am, however, wearing full body armor."
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oi! If only EA hadn't "nerfed" the reapers with ME3. :P
    I just hope it won't end with a ghostly child, circular logic and 3 buttons :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]