test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RE: General Season 9 Feedback Thread

Comments

• catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited April 2014
    Flanking is sick. I loved my B'rel anyway, in spite of whatever flaws, and now it's even more fun. It was already a really technical ship, with the speed & maneuverability & BOFF slot customization.

Now, you throw in a reason to dash to one side of the target & fire everything? It makes the most fun ship in the game even better.

Other ships will outclass it in any number of areas, but the B'rel is just plain fun in flight.

Too bad things force you to decloak a lot in the new space... like picking up phat lewtz or being hailed by the wrong NPC.

Looting clearly was OP for the B'rel, and got nerfed. :rolleyes:
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lol, the tailor has dressing rooms now, plus the stall doors work.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well im stuck with the skills invalid bug and can't respec so thanks Cryptic.
  • muhadeebmuhadeeb Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Anyone who had anything to do with this debacle called season 9 at pwe should be run out of town on a rail. trait system is a joke and its a nerf to everyone who put the time in to rep up. you guys did NOTHING to address power creep or doff stacking which is a major factor in it. instead you address future power creep, LOL which really means we can look forward to idk 5-10-15 more rep systems,LOL gimmie a break. all to slot 4 of them LOL. this BS is gonna cost you pwe right in your wallet. you have people leaving the game in mass. dam what a shame. great idea for u hawk get in your best ship go to 1 of the pvp fleets ask to fight 1 of their a2b exploit ships and learn something that everyone but YOU already know. the only people here that are agreeing with anything you guys are pushing are the plants that are put here to do so. Its time for us as a community to close our wallets and make sure they hear our displeasure over season 9.
    edited April 2014
    And, another MMO-like PVE space for Space? YESSS. The Dyson Voth Space space was adequate, but the new Space Battleground is a very positive thing, IMO.

Never mind that the Undine last a couple seconds before blowing up (worse hulls than BoPs?). At least it's getting to be more of a proper MMO now :D

I'll have to swap to my Hegh'ta & consider the Fleet Hoh'sus or Fleet Norgh, though. Not being able to loot without putting myself into decloaked downtime in my B'rel is still a problem.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Undine Assault [Elite] is absolutely ridiculous. Just pugged it with a Scimitar, Jem Dread, Defiant Retro, Vo'Quv and my Vesta. After ten minutes of being spawnraped by endless waves of impossibly strong Undine, the entire team quit.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Everything looks awesome to me except the trait stuff, in that 4 traits is far, far too few.
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was just in a Fed Red Alert and levels 50s (I was on my level 36 character) were getting demolished. Badly. They were dying left and right. I think the nerf was too great and now people are getting hammered. We weren't able to even finish off the 2nd wave. It was downright ugly. People are going to have to make a huge adjustment as they can't just sit and spam anymore. It looks like if you do, you're going to get blown up.

Also, I got hit by an ensign level ship for 44k. Through my shields. Not sure if that's "working as intended."
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The removal of controller support, either unintentionally or intentionally was the dumbest move they could have made. Nice investment of my $300.
    @Powerblast in game
  • beldacarbeldacar Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My first question:

Why are the Nukara rep environment suits still worse than the free ones you can pick up from "Boldly They Rode?" To be more precise, the Crystal Nanofiber Environmental Suit seems to have a total of 11.6 resistance to All Energy (description says 5.8 twice). The Nukara Strikeforce Elite one has 11.6 resistance. Shattering Harmonics has 5.8 resistance.

By comparison, the generic Environmental Suit from the mission has 30.5 resistance to All Energy (as well as a smattering of exotic things like Fire, Cold, Radiation, and Toxic).

Solanae EV suits are also 30.5 resistance to All Energy (and is also "free").

Since "All Energy" is the basic "armor" we get against enemy weapon fire (Phaser, Disruptor, etc.), the current standard for EV suits seems to be 30.5 resistance (about 3/4 the resist of Polyalloy Weave Armor). Why are the Nukara ones so ... incredibly ... awful?

---

Some other feedback....

Most racial traits are "built in" and do not take a trait slot. But the Ferengi "Lobes" trait does. And Remans are stuck with "Resilient" whether they want it or not; that's not even a unique trait (unlike Lobes). Sure would be nice to see some ... consistency ... in the way this is handled? Also, Orions don't seem to have a racial trait at all. At least there's no "Details" button in the Species section of the Traits window....

The truly tragic thing is that a large majority of the player base will probably just select the seven Space traits and one Ground trait of their choice and just move on. That is, after all, what a large majority of the player base did when the choice of traits was semi-permanent. That's certainly what =I= will be doing with the Personal Traits section. It's not like ground combat is all that difficult; why I would I ever go through the hassle of switching them out? Why would I ever take the risk of forgetting to switch back to Space traits?

Mind you, I guess it's nice that all traits are treated the same and handled through the same interface. But the interface is =very= crude; you can't even filter the list and you don't have the option of creating pre-sets that could be loaded with a single click (like the ship loadouts). Probably for the best though, given how buggy loadouts have proven to be...

(In case you're wondering, half my characters have had all their ship equipment dumped into their inventories because the game is "Unable to load equipment." Let's not even talk about the "Unable to load duty officer" issue....)

---

No, I don't have any comments on the new content because I haven't seen any of it yet. I've been too busy choosing traits and re-equipping doffs and weapons that just get dumped back to inventory at random after a map change or two....

Yeah, my own fault for breaking my long-standing rule of "never play on patch day."
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What graphics error? It took me all of 5 seconds to turn off the Cinematic Focus under Graphics that was causing blurriness because it was reset to its default setting.

You are throwing this out in every single thread where this is being mentioned, but you fail to take into account that "You" doesn't automatically = "Everyone Else."

It took you 5 seconds.

You.

Not me, not everyone else. Just you.

Your "fix" did nothing for me, and someone else's only helped it a tiny bit. Not everyone visits these forums daily, and some of us were laid up in bed on a mountain of pain killers, too sick to even think of visiting the STO forum for patch notes.

I was barely interested in this season as it was, and now I'm even more turned off. Oh well, I pre-ordered the new MMO I've been in beta for, so I suppose I don't really care anymore. Once June hits, I'm gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Season 9 featured episode?
    Epic, very well done.

Undine elite stf?
    Hell no.
    I brought an Aux2bat bfaw scimi with valdore console, adapted KHG set, 5x spire consoles, elite fleet disruptors and all there and died over and over again.
    Before S9, I'd lol off most dps from NPCs, including tac cubes. Congrats cryptic, you actually created an stf harder than hive elite

And that's not all:
    Undine space battlezone is bugged, you often don't even get to fight planet killers at all even if you capture everything.

And to top it all off:
    Breach elite.
    Pre-season9 it was quite spectacular and good to do every once in a while, but now it is just plain brutal. I challenged it with 4 fleetmates (we are from tier 5 fleet), all with high dps endgame builds. Until we got past the citadel dread EACH of us died at least 8 times. The dps output of the bulwarks is just insane.

It is nice to hear you are trying to counter power creep, but if you just go and increase the difficulty, you are gonna scare new players away. Because if players with good elite fleet stuff have this much trouble, how will new players hold up?
    Because if you are new to the game, first thing you are gonna do is play through the missions (episodes) and then try some stf.

And now imagine a new player, sitting in a ship earned from leveling up and being met with the brutal difficulty of elite Undine stf. His impression will be that the other stf are also like that.

So PLEASE nerf the Undine and (space) Voth to a manageable level.
    Thank you

(ground Voth appear to be unchanged)
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There is more here that I was aware of, and I may have been wrong to jump to conclusions with a complaint beforehand. :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • jkuang13jkuang13 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Will the Counter-Command ground set come with a costume unlock? It's not listed under Tier V reputation project unlocks.
    [SIGPIC]Working as intended.[/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    KDF Marauder BOFFs still don't work with the Tailor.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
  • mdm454mdm454 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wish I could log in to the game, I'm in the crash to desktop club, but its nice to read everything I am missing.
    edited April 2014
    KDF Marauder BOFFs still don't work with the Tailor.

Yes, this is indeed disappointing.

So, overall;

- New FE is good, if long. Don't expect i'll replay it for all the rewards on any toon, let alone my main.

- New zone is fun, even if it lacks originality in places. The mechanics for capturing zones have literally been copy+pasted from the Voth Ground Zone - Push Singularity, Activate Consoles, Stand In Zone.

- Many of the small improvements are the standout of the update. Revamped Rep, adjustments to the tailor etc.

- Kit revamp sounds cool but in principle is very confusing and ultimately, quite expensive. I highly expect that since Cryptic is quite set on monetizing the while affair, most people will stick with existing kits.

- Loss of Commendations is also disappointing, but Bonus Daily Marks is hard to argue with when it comes to the long run.

- New PvE queues. Viscious Circle is fun, and managable on Elite. Undine Assault, however, needs serious work. It's almost as if it's been designed without taking into account the changes to Rep Powers to curb power creep.

All in all, a pretty meh update. The things I like, I like a lot. But ultimately, there was potential for much more (a la Season 8) and that potential - at least for the S9 launch - has been squandered.
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Simple observations/complaints:

1) My Alien captain, who is Romulan/Fed alignment, is now apparently a Romulan. And I mean in terms of SPECIES. She now has the starting Romulan Trait, instead of the empty slot an Alien gets, and her species is shown as Romulan. She's not a Romulan though, she's a custom Alien.

2) How do I switch off the auto-resolution of missions? This feature is very annoying. As an example: I am in the Defera Invasion zone, I have the Probe mission, and it completes. I don't want it to RESOLVE though, because I am out of bonus fleet mark tokens and I want to warp to my fleet starbase to get more BEFORE I turn in the mission and receive my marks. This is now impossible - the marks are auto-rewarded when the mission completes. There's a five minute countdown, but that won't always be enough to get to my starbase to grab more tokens. Can this feature be switched off? I don't want missions to auto-resolve.

3) I've lost 50% of the hard-earned Reputation passive powers.

4) The third point makes grinding out the Undine Rep pointless. There is no gear I want, and I now won't earn any additional Rep powers because earning new Undine ones will force me to kick out powers I already have, since I can only keep 8 passives and 4 actives in play at any one time. I see no reason to start grinding this new Rep type.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's really bad dude. Do you not play your episodes before releasing it? NOPE

Egen cannot be targeted most of the time, has 2 hit kills max, and you're trapped in a room with no cover with him.

This is just the start of the problems.

Ground combat still sucks 100%.

I'm never buying from any company associated with this game again. 4 ****ing years and the game is still at best, half done. Headshots. Make a model actually 2 models so it has 2 boxes. Noob one box no headshot problem solved.

Seriously, Dev's and Dev management- get your **** together. This is your one big name game. At least try and pretend like it's worth having professional work done on it. I paid money for this. Hire some professionals to fix this like Rick Knox or Wrath of Achillies.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    The STF missions are something new and require some thought. The new feature episode is great when it works, but I've been hearing horror stories coming from KDF/Romulan players saying the mission is bugged (No surprise there given cryptics lack of QA)
    Any of us with dyson commendations (Turning in for dil) have had our pants pulled down yet again.
    But really one featured episode for season 9? that I'm disappointed about.
    Esd looks pretty good. A shuttle bay we could walk to the end of would have been nice.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    garside wrote: »
    It's really bad dude. Do you not play your episodes before releasing it? NOPE

Egen cannot be targeted most of the time, has 2 hit kills max, and you're trapped in a room with no cover with him.

This is just the start of the problems.

Ground combat still sucks 100%.

I'm never buying from any company associated with this game again. 4 ****ing years and the game is still at best, half done. Headshots. Make a model actually 2 models so it has 2 boxes. Noob one box no headshot problem solved.

Seriously, Dev's and Dev management- get your **** together. This is your one big name game. At least try and pretend like it's worth having professional work done on it. I paid money for this. Hire some professionals to fix this like Rick Knox or Wrath of Achillies.
    "I payed money for this game, while ******** about relatively minor problems, giving an opinion (that ground sucks, among othre things), and insulting the devs simply because of aforementioned minor things and debatable issues"

...is basically all I'm hearing.

Not the best response, I mean really, and especially not one that will actually solve anything
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited April 2014
    casbyness wrote: »

4) The third point makes grinding out the Undine Rep pointless. There is no gear I want, and I now won't earn any additional Rep powers because earning new Undine ones will force me to kick out powers I already have, since I can only keep 8 passives and 4 actives in play at any one time. I see no reason to start grinding this new Rep type.

This, to me, is a serious issue. By taking away the unlimited Rep powers, some players (such as yourself) won't see any need to bother grinding the Undine (and any subsequent) Reps. Unfortunately, the rep is what constitutes most of the content when it comes to each Season release.

It'll take you 40 days, minimum, to finish the Undine rep. By which time, something new may have come out. As far as the rest of the content goes, you can finish it in an evening.

Cryptic's whole schtick with STO is grinding. If you're not grinding, you'll run out of things to do really fast. Not a great business model, as lack of things to do will drive play- I mean, customers away.
    edited April 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    The STF missions are something new and require some thought. The new feature episode is great when it works, but I've been hearing horror stories coming from KDF/Romulan players saying the mission is bugged (No surprise there given cryptics lack of QA)
    Any of us with dyson commendations (Turning in for dil) have had our pants pulled down yet again.
    But really one featured episode for season 9? that I'm disappointed about.
    Esd looks pretty good. A shuttle bay we could walk to the end of would have been nice.

Honestly, this game is a scam. The money ST makes goes to Perfect world's other games, which are all absolutely ******** knockoff garbage that cant even touch ********.

They have one big name game and they half TRIBBLE it every step of the way. hey management- you're clearly bad at this. just stop.
  • cellic1701cellic1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi i was wondering if anyone else is haveing a server not responding issue,i sit in sector space for maybe ten mins then i get a server not responding for 9 seconds then i goet anohter server not responding maybe five mins later where it disconnects me from server,i was owndering if anyone else is haveing the same issue.
    edited April 2014
    Honestly, this game is a scam. The money ST makes goes to Perfect world's other games, which are all absolutely ******** knockoff garbage that cant even touch ********.

They have one big name game and they half TRIBBLE it every step of the way. hey management- you're clearly bad at this. just stop.
    Coming from someone LTS at Open Beta, and liking it, the game isn't a scam. The game isn't issue-free (nothing is), but not a scam :rolleyes:
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited April 2014
    trek21 wrote: »
    Coming from someone LTS at Open Beta, and liking it, the game isn't a scam. The game isn't issue-free (nothing is), but not a scam :rolleyes:

not a scam?

why dont you answer a few surveys for some zen?
    edited April 2014
    not a scam?

I said the game isn't a scam; those surveys aren't part of it, just PWE (and people should know better not to try online surveys; they're never really legit)
    Was named Trek17.

edited April 2014
    trek21 wrote: »
    I said the game isn't a scam; those surveys aren't part of it, just PWE

the surveys to scam, pwe allows it.

pwe=scams
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    not a scam?

And what have surveys to do with the game ? ;)
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    This, to me, is a serious issue. By taking away the unlimited Rep powers, some players (such as yourself) won't see any need to bother grinding the Undine (and any subsequent) Reps. Unfortunately, the rep is what constitutes most of the content when it comes to each Season release.

It'll take you 40 days, minimum, to finish the Undine rep. By which time, something new may have come out. As far as the rest of the content goes, you can finish it in an evening.

Cryptic's whole schtick with STO is grinding. If you're not grinding, you'll run out of things to do really fast. Not a great business model, as lack of things to do will drive play- I mean, customers away.

I don't even mean my fourth point to be a rant - I'd be happy for someone to convince me I'm wrong, but right now I remember how mind-shatteringly boring it was to grind out the Dyson Rep on all my characters and if there are no passive buffs or active powers related to the Undine Rep (which there effectively is not since earning them would force me to remove powers I've already slotted) then it's just not something I have any interest in. A big reason for getting Reps done was the fact that they made you more powerful, even if by just a tiny percentage. That made them worth doing, and now that's what is gone.