test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RE: General Season 9 Feedback Thread

stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
Figured I might as well start this up.

What do you think about Season 9, either from the Dev Blogs, announcements from Trendy/Smirk, your Tribble testing, or your own experiences?
stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
Post edited by stardestroyer001 on

Comments

• Options
    vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am hesitant, very hesitant, to talk about my experiences on tribble (some experiences mirrored by others, or not) since it has not been released yet and my opinion is mostly negative. But i'll bite.

Well it's certainly not big... not the size of season 8... presumably because all the work was put into revamping ESD. But what's new has a lot of potential. So...

New ESD = Real nice. I won't get much out of it. It's to help keep new players. Anyone who is already an STO regular, this won't do a whole lot for them either... particularly since you still have to turn off zone chat. The first week or so on live will be epic.

Tailor options - Awesome. Caveat: We've asked for kit stuff in the tailor since Day 1 of this game.

Kit customization - Limited, anyone who hasn't already bought a fleet kit will wish they have soon, since kits are still limited but now they cost more to put together. So score one for monetization and itemization. New Lockbox will have Kit stuff, of course. The only thing i really like about this is that now we can see new kit powers and not have whole new kits.

The Borg+undine storyline revamp

I like new stuff. These are not new stuff, these are more revamps. Granted, They are nice revamps. Cool revamps. They have potential. But they also retcon the storyline and are ultimately nothing new, just show off some new toys and you have to replay them to get kit rewards now, moving towards that repeatable content thing they are currently obssessed over.

Undine space zone

Think of the voth space battlezone. Now think if it was smaller and had Undine instead. Yep, that's pretty much it.

new STFs.

They are a lot of fun. Probably the brightest spot. No complaints, except Gornar launches asteroids which is kind of odd and random. Maybe it's a lore thing i don't know of.

Rep/trait revamp

Done to death. It was not to address power creepage, it was so they can add reps ad infinitum and never have to worry about balance. Was it needed? Well for the direction they want to go, absolutely.

I'm mostly looking forward to

The Tailor

exchanging my fleet kits for decked-out frames (since i was smart and bought them NOW)
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mostly seems ok,although the undine space battlezone seems abit monotonous. You definately need a tanky ship on that.
    I like the new bio-molecular weapons.
    I hope all bugs will be dealt with and ironed out. Leaving any bugs,as cryptic has done before,means a half baked job.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vhiranikos wrote: »
    I am hesitant, very hesitant, to talk about my experiences on tribble (some experiences mirrored by others, or not) since it has not been released yet and my opinion is mostly negative. But i'll bite.

Well it's certainly not big... not the size of season 8... presumably because all the work was put into revamping ESD. But what's new has a lot of potential. So...

New ESD = Real nice. I won't get much out of it. It's to help keep new players. Anyone who is already an STO regular, this won't do a whole lot for them either... particularly since you still have to turn off zone chat. The first week or so on live will be epic.

Tailor options - Awesome. Caveat: We've asked for kit stuff in the tailor since Day 1 of this game.

Kit customization - Limited, anyone who hasn't already bought a fleet kit will wish they have soon, since kits are still limited but now they cost more to put together. So score one for monetization and itemization. New Lockbox will have Kit stuff, of course. The only thing i really like about this is that now we can see new kit powers and not have whole new kits.

The Borg+undine storyline revamp

I like new stuff. These are not new stuff, these are more revamps. Granted, They are nice revamps. Cool revamps. They have potential. But they also retcon the storyline and are ultimately nothing new, just show off some new toys and you have to replay them to get kit rewards now, moving towards that repeatable content thing they are currently obssessed over.

Undine space zone

Think of the voth space battlezone. Now think if it was smaller and had Undine instead. Yep, that's pretty much it.

new STFs.

They are a lot of fun. Probably the brightest spot. No complaints, except Gornar launches asteroids which is kind of odd and random. Maybe it's a lore thing i don't know of.

Rep/trait revamp

Done to death. It was not to address power creepage, it was so they can add reps ad infinitum and never have to worry about balance. Was it needed? Well for the direction they want to go, absolutely.

I'm mostly looking forward to

The Tailor

exchanging my fleet kits for decked-out frames (since i was smart and bought them NOW)

It's been said by Gecko that Season 9 has less focus on it because they're putting more energy toward the second expansion.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's been said by Gecko that Season 9 has less focus on it because they're putting more energy toward the second expansion.

lol gecko.... ok, let's have a look:

- op bs gear (only really mattering in pvp, as always), check
    - op lb ships from a faction no one ever would suggest to add as playable ships and several other options ignored, check
    - nothing new to the old aspects of the game that has been ignored since ever (pvp, foundry, crafting, exploration), check
    - rework of content one would gladly play once, not 20 times in a row, check
    - new fe to replay for several times on several chars (i barely would care bout, but gotta get da shinies), check
    - stupid npc's to shoot at like they were on a chain, check

only good things i can spot are the rework of reps and pvp crossfaction q's (this after 4 years, probably to not have to do anything else about it ^^)...
    erm, yeah... my suggestion: nerf gecko, buff game-progression.

read my sig, simple things can be so easy and can have quite some impact (like rom boff traits :D) :mad:...
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow - you just couldn't wait for it could you? So keen on being the father of a multipage thread?
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Season X...stuff happens we don't want, stuff doesn't happen we do want.

We continue playing.

Season Y...stuff happens we don't want, stuff doesn't happen we do want.

We continue playing.

Season Z...stuff happens we don't want, stuff doesn't happen we do want.

We continue playing.

Basically, those that can adapt or notice that in the end it doesn't make much difference...just keep plodding along: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Season X...stuff happens we don't want, stuff doesn't happen we do want.

We continue playing.

Season Y...stuff happens we don't want, stuff doesn't happen we do want.

We continue playing.

Season Z...stuff happens we don't want, stuff doesn't happen we do want.

We continue playing.

Basically, those that can adapt or notice that in the end it doesn't make much difference...just keep plodding along: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

...does read like we may should have a visit at a doctor :D... *sings along* "take two placebos, then you can call me lame"... *whistles out* :rolleyes:
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Basically, Those That Can Adapt Or Notice That In The End It Doesn't Make Much Difference...just Keep Plodding Along: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcaradb9ase

Dear God It Won't Get Out Of My Head!!!!:)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vhiranikos wrote: »
    Undine space zone

new STFs.

As someone who hasn't played on Tribble that actually makes hope that S9 could be decent enough. More good PvE content is what this game needs the most.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Wow - you just couldn't wait for it could you? So keen on being the father of a multipage thread?

I got excited. :)

As for the Undine zone, I'm excited to give it a try, once Cryptic's big can of Raid kills off the bugs.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Worst update in the history of the game. Definitely makes Crossfire look like a godsend in comparison. :cool:

(waits for it...)
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Worst update in the history of the game. Definitely makes Crossfire look like a godsend in comparison. :cool:

(waits for it...)

Heheheheh.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014

(waits for it...)

http://i.imgur.com/geqshLW.jpg
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014

(waits for it...)
    BWHAAHAHAHAH!!!!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The one thing I miss more than anything else... Featured Episode series. "The 2800" represented a real high point in STO content, that I have yet to see matched. I would love to see STO get back to this format of story content- waiting on baited breath for the new episode every week.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    The one thing I miss more than anything else... Featured Episode series. "The 2800" represented a real high point in STO content, that I have yet to see matched. I would love to see STO get back to this format of story content- waiting on baited breath for the new episode every week.

This makes no sense. We're in the middle of a featured episode. The Worf episode leads into the Tuvok episode which leads into the episode coming out tomorrow.

They're not making them once per week and then no new episodes for awhile. They're making them once every few months. But this IS a featured episode revolving around the Dyson Sphere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    This makes no sense. We're in the middle of a featured episode. The Worf episode leads into the Tuvok episode which leads into the episode coming out tomorrow.

They're not making them once per week and then no new episodes for awhile. They're making them once every few months. But this IS a featured episode revolving around the Dyson Sphere.

"The one thing I miss more than anything else... Featured Episode series."

"I would love to see STO get back to this format of story content- waiting on baited breath for the new episode every week."

I really don't know what doesn't make sense. I didn't stutter.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    "The one thing I miss more than anything else... Featured Episode series."

"I would love to see STO get back to this format of story content- waiting on baited breath for the new episode every week."

I really don't know what doesn't make sense. I didn't stutter.
    It's simple.... the last FE was part TWO of the current FE series. tomorrow we will see part 3. it's not weekly but it's a lot cooler than Of Bajor.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It's simple.... the last FE was part TWO of the current FE series. tomorrow we will see part 3. it's not weekly but it's a lot cooler than Of Bajor.

Bad example. I think "Of Bajor" is my favorite solo mission in the entire game.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I, for one, will be very interested to see what happens next, in the upcoming episode featuring the Dyson Sphere Conflict.

As of this post, 5 hours until patching starts. See you on the other side!
  • Options
    gibbonigibboni Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    literally patch goes through then your graphics have been reset to some grainy low out put that you can't readjust to look like it used to,

and we are going to mess up your adapted maco projects so you lose what you put into them.

And then the whole new confusing stuff with the rep this all so confusing and I feel like I am getting screwed
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    welcome to the club
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    EARTH'S SOLAR SYSTEM IS CALLED SOL (soul) NOT SAL! At least STO knows how to say "EARTH" correctly. Seriously- learn where you live, man. The Solar System and the Sun are called SOL in real life.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    it'll start when it'll start... now quit your whining, there are people who can't even get on due to the fact that the graphic errors are back...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    it'll start when it'll start... now quit your whining, there are people who can't even get on due to the fact that the graphic errors are back...

so far, you're not missing much.

let me catch you up; press f. there, youve experienced s9
  • Options
    nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So it begins...

I can't wait for the backlash. This is what we need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Man you are lucky. Only have to press f.
    I have to press f and left click.
    What kind of system to you run because I have to do two things.

Man if I lived in a world where sto was only pressing f I would be laughing
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    solochrissolochris Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    you guys are lucky, I can't even get logged in. its all patched up and when I hit engage I just get the cryptic logo screen for a minute then I get kicked out with a message saying it was unable to connect to the patch server. why if it finished patching is even trying to connect to the patch server instead of the game server? I tried restarting my computer, I even tried using my backup copy of the game that is not on arc and same thing happened. why does this happen every f%cking time?!:mad:
  • Options
    solochrissolochris Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    oh wait, I predicted today about 30 mins before the down time that we would have problems for at least a day, guess I was right then.....
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    solochris wrote: »
    . why does this happen every f%cking time?!:mad:

Because people keep buying things and cryptic does not need to worry to do things right. But if you dont know this by now... well. nevermind.