test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics bad after Season 9

falconflowfalconflow Member Posts: 12 Arc User
When I launched the game after Season 9, the graphics are bad. Whatever I try to slide or enable they still look bad. I had this same problem on Tribble, but I can't recall how I fixed it.

Here is how the graphics look now:
http://tinypic.com/r/dxn2vm/8
Post edited by falconflow on

Comments

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hey, at least you can adjust them... there's a growing group that cant even get to the options before crash to desktop
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I've been complaining for more than a month now that the graphics in Tribble looked horrible, and no amount of sliding left or right fixed them. The devs ignored the complaints and let the season go live. Now I have to play a game hose graphics look horrible compared to season 8.
  • kennethmcknightkennethmcknight Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well I have just the same problem.
  • enderssoupenderssoup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    also experiencing a lower graphics quality after season 9 launch. Most notably block-y lining/borders.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/4589dfgh3798/STOSettings.jpg

a few tips on what went where.

take note of the resolution scale.
    Excuse me, excuse me, would you mind stopping that darn noise?
    obscene gesture, vulcan neck pinch, claps, cheers
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Took me 5 minutes to get it just right, although its a tad bit better for me. Feel sorry anyone experience the crash to desktop " feature ", many did report bad things with the new graphics/interface on tribble..... oh well.
  • valaryantiyaravalaryantiyara Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I've been complaining for more than a month now that the graphics in Tribble looked horrible, and no amount of sliding left or right fixed them. The devs ignored the complaints and let the season go live. Now I have to play a game hose graphics look horrible compared to season 8.

And why, in all the gods names would u play a game that looks horrible?, they did or didn't do something with the game after the patch and now indeed looks horrible, and i'm not playing a game like this, there's plenty of games out there, so if they fix this, good I'll play, if not, I will jsut move away.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Yeah, several folks raised the question of whether the system requirements were increased - if there was something going on with the graphics...some folks said in return that it's just Tribble, it will be fine...

...meh, it's far from fine. :(
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's far from fine, and it's far from right.

My graphics, set all to max, look like 8-bit STO. I grew up with 8-bit games. This means that I now do not see (or understand) the allure games like Minecraft hold for people. I like graphics that are decent.

I agree with the sentiment of others. After four years, it may indeed be time to find a new game.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • chelmsford123chelmsford123 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same problem here, though judging by the number of comments in here it seems it may be an unlucky few ... ?

Maxed everything and restarted. No better.
  • kennethmcknightkennethmcknight Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same problem here, though judging by the number of comments in here it seems it may be an unlucky few ... ?

We're only a lucky few, cause the rest can't even start the game ;)
    (have a look on the threads in the tech-sec)
    edited April 2014

We might indeed, be unlucky, but not few, just in my fleet there's several mates with the same problem, and there's other post about this, most people do not do forums (like myself) unless there's a really big problem, like the one just now, anyways, lets see what will happen.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well atleast it isn't only me then. I have had blocky images, things mission completely. inventory and bank look empty, see through interaction screens and so on. This is all since the update, before that everything was fine.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Someone helped me, go to options->Display and set the resolution scale to 1. That fixes the pixel vision problem.
  • freebird2011freebird2011 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was crashing, freezing, unable to get anti aliasing to work, freezing on loading screens etc. I had stereoscopic 3D enabled on my video card because I occasionally like to play things in 3D. As soon as I disabled the 3D on my video card, everything works fine now. Graphics can be cleaned up with anti aliasing, and no crashing or freezing. Apparently, the option of playing in 3D is broken in Season 9. So if you have these problems, check to see that any kind of 3D mode is disabled on the video card.
  • rckjdrckjd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Please remember: whenever there is a such a trouble, it is always more helpful to also add your systems specs.
  • cdiederichscdiederichs Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm also having the same problem. No matter what I set my graphics settings to, it looks like blurry, grainy garbage. What have they done to this game???
    edited April 2014
    Someone helped me, go to options->Display and set the resolution scale to 1. That fixes the pixel vision problem.

After a file check and 2 crashes I could try this, and it worked!, ty ty mate!:)
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

This is an essential procedure..

I dont have so bad quality problems, BUT, the graphics are not the same. My problem is, the screen is so shiny that i cant play. My eyes hurt a lot. If i deactivate the postprocessing, it improves and now it doesnt hurt my eyes, but the lose of illumination and quality increases. So, what the hell did you do cryptic?? why cant you just let the things as before, they worked right?? why the hell you need to touch the graphic options??. Sigh.

I also play with all the settings maxed. In fact, the same settings i had before the patch. I dont get it.
  • rohthagarohthaga Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am one of the ever so lucky people who is experiencing graphical problems. . no matter what I adjust my ship and everything else looks like its made of legos. . . . :mad:

I tried the resolution slider scale seems to improve it alot . . .THanks for the tip
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That looks like Half Resolution is on for some reason. If you can find the option in the new graphics settings, see if it's been turned on by the new defaulting feature.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes, it did; thank you. I felt like a bit of an idiot for not noticing that slider before. Now I can enjoy the new material in comfort.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes, it did; thank you. I felt like a bit of an idiot for not noticing that slider before. Now I can enjoy the new material in comfort.

Well, since it is not a common option in a lot of games, if you never saw it its easy to not be able to notice it.

It happened to me the first time i played champions online, i had the half resolution activated (this was 5 years ago..) and i was about to stop playing when i saw that option lol.

What i dont understand is why cryptic made that option as a default... well, watever..
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is an essential procedure..

I dont have so bad quality problems, BUT, the graphics are not the same. My problem is, the screen is so shiny that i cant play. My eyes hurt a lot. If i deactivate the postprocessing, it improves and now it doesnt hurt my eyes, but the lose of illumination and quality increases. So, what the hell did you do cryptic?? why cant you just let the things as before, they worked right?? why the hell you need to touch the graphic options??. Sigh.

I also play with all the settings maxed. In fact, the same settings i had before the patch. I dont get it.
    Turn post processing back on but go and turn down Bloom Intensity in Advanced options, that's the one that controls "glare" in the game, I have mine set to 30%, 100% is way too much for my eyes.
    I don't know why they needed to divide the settings up into 3 pages and then have it arranged so that related controls are on different pages.
    How is making it more complicated to use the settings an improvement?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • lenairdlenaird Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The graphics of seasn 8 were pretty good actually in fact it was pretty awesome. However when season 9 was released the graphics became utter TRIBBLE please fix this issue soon.

p.s. Yes I have tried fixing the graphics setting in all possible manner and yes my graphics card is up to date. :(
  • alhuiatalhuiat Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I have been meaning to ask, what is the '/' command line for resolution scale? To be more specific, what do you write in the chat box when typing? /resolution scale? /resscale? What is the command line to render the resolution scale effective for your graphics?
  • strafaestrafae Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Also logged in and found everything watered down graphics wise. Maxed all the settings and started over like this guy, but its only slightly better, the world still looks low res. Are they testing a new shader? If so revert to the publish 8 shader it looked far superior.

Strafae-
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yea I tried Dx9 and 11, both look like TRIBBLE. Brand new ESD but unfortunately it looks worse than the old one.
  • niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    30189532 is my error ticket number.
    When is this gonna fixed?
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • ibreakbonesibreakbones Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I heard that they also had the joystick problem on tribble and did not fix it. I also noticed that there is no mention of fixing it in the patch tomorrow.

It this true, did they ignore the problem with the joysticks on tribble as well? Is this si=omething that they will never fix?
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I found a solution to this problem, and it only took three steps.

1: Uninstall STO, being sure to clear all files from its main and sub-directories.

2: Install "World of Tanks."

3: Enjoy.

This has solved every single one of the issues I've had with STO.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008