test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics bad after Season 9

13»

Comments

• ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just want the old season 8 graphics back as an option.
    Just my two ECs input. I was content with the FPS and graphic setting prior to S9. Post S9 I've had to turn everything down to the minimum and my new FPS is at the point where playing the game is no longer enjoyable.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Whatever was done, performance has taken a huge hit without any noticeable improvement in graphics. The hud seems to taking up more than half of the graphic processing, when I turn it off my frame rate doubles.
    I'm going to scale down the hud more, I have it at 75% right now, after that I think I will start messing with commands in the config file because I don't think the options menu is giving us control of everything.
    After that I think I'm gonna go play Portal 2 or something, because this game is starting to really P me off.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For the most part i do not have a problem but wen i start PvE whit 10 ore 20 man and Hubs i start to see pic buy pic and i`ts not from the net.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    daka86 wrote: »
    For the most part i do not have a problem but wen i start PvE whit 10 ore 20 man and Hubs i start to see pic buy pic and i`ts not from the net.

Yeah, yo have the same problem as us lol. Sorry. Mostly because as we said tons of times it is a problem of STO, not our pcs.
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nortyfiner wrote: »
    I am having an odd issue since Season 9 started, particularly after the latest maintenance. When I am playing STO, and ONLY when I am playing STO, I am getting frequent (up to several times a minute) "chirps" from my computer that sounds like a fan or the hard drive being addressed, and the graphics will freeze for a moment then stutter onward. This is also happening in parallel with occasional short bursts of "rubberband" lag, which may or may not be connected. The game is still mostly playable, but I am genuinely concerned about what this may be doing to my computer since it's actually making some kind of mechanical noise associated with it.

Intel i7-3770, nVidia GTX-660Ti video, 16Gb RAM, drivers are up to date. System power definitely isn't the problem.

As I said, this only happens in STO, which makes me think it's NOT a real hardware issue, but something in the game itself. I don't have this issue in other games or when doing other things.

Ideas?

Turned off cinematic depth of field? I lowered render distance from max as well, but everythign else except maybe AA is maxed, my card is a generation behind yours, my cpu is a phenom II, and I have a 1/4th your RAM, you shouldn't have problems running at max :/ .
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Turned off cinematic depth of field? I lowered render distance from max as well, but everythign else except maybe AA is maxed, my card is a generation behind yours, my cpu is a phenom II, and I have a 1/4th your RAM, you shouldn't have problems running at max :/ .

It doesnt matter if you have the best computer and videocard of the world, it is a problem of the game. Cryptic screwed up badly the performance of the engine. If before season 9 is was bad, now its critical.

I have almost the same computer as the guy of the post, with the exception my card is a GTX650ti 2gb DCU II blah blah, and before s9 i never had problems of my videocard taking so much heat and the fans were not even at 75% of the power. Now i can hear the fans working at 100% and the videocard taking more heat than before. I always played ALL my games at max settings, at 1080p, including STO. But after season 9 i am a little scared of what the game could do to my videocard. I play games like BF4 or Tomb Raider that requires a lot of graphic power (Tomb raider specially with the teselax effects) and the videocard is far from 55-60c. STO = 65c+ and fans at full power. And im talking about now, imagine in the Summer... (well, 1 month from now lol.)

I hope cryptic find a way to fix this (maybe come back to the previous changes??) or , for the health of my videocard i will stop playing STO. Sadly. Even sooner than seeing how this game goes to trash in 2015.
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How many bugs must I keep enduring? I can't even see my beams in some areas (Crystaline entity etc.), let alone having a functional quickbar/toolbar without my consumeables disappearing and/or placed back in my inventory every time i beam up/down.

I dread the start of each new season, because the bugs alongway are more in numbers than the content itself.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Did not realise this second thread was still around much.

Only thing I can say I've started to notice is missing beams. But this, has been since the recent patch.

Still, all the various reported problems posibly have the same root cause. We have to hope someday soon these will be identified exactly and resolved.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • paragonexileparagonexile Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Have the devs made any statements about all this? Been silent from what I can see but this is a huge problem for a lot of people.
  • stepencstepenc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The struggle is real. Wth are they doing with the cash from all the transactions to get keys, boxes, etc ya know the play to win stuff? sigh.
  • limalinkslimalinks Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Have the devs made any statements about all this? Been silent from what I can see but this is a huge problem for a lot of people.

You'd think they'd put some official statememt together about this issue... even a sticky post in the header of this forum section.. its not as if people are making this up... it seems to be affecting more and more people and as yet it seems we're light years away from a fix..

Cryptic.. if you're reading these.. (I wonder sometimes)... just put something together at least acknowledging this issue and you're actively investigating root cause and doing a FIX!!!

Live Long & Prosper
    Limalinks / T'Ippex (PCG Fleet)