Options

Season 9 : Player's Last Stand

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Who has the nachos?
    I wonder if you can make nachos out of pepperjack.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Everything that happens in Star Trek Online is canon, even if it flies in the face of ENT, TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY canon.

Dude, either stop smoking that killer ganja you're smoking or at least pass it this way so we can be on the same celestial plain in order to facilitate communication and for us to understand eachother.

WTF!? :eek:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wonder if you can make nachos out of pepperjack.

You and your pepperjack. Pit on the nachos and problem solved.:D Though there is an experiment for you. Try it and let us know the results.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sometimes I wish the "canon" argument would end. It is just silly.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    STO is not canon, becasue I didn't 't watch it on TV, or on the silver screen.

When they make a TV show about the Enterprise F then you can talk to me about canon.

ashkrik23 wrote: »

That will never happen, take out debate about canon of a TV show or movie, the internet is left with TRIBBLE, and Cat pictures.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think people miss the mark entirely most of the time.

STO is about living your own Star Trek.

The devs write some story to try and keep things cohesive, but it is not the point.

The point is to have a fantasy land where you can do whatever you want, and experience these things in your own way.

The moment you try to base your vision around somebody else's vision and then some other guy down the street's vision... Well of course they conflict.

If you don't want to fly anything but a Starfleet ship with phasers and photons, do it! Don't hate on the next guy because they always wanted to fly a D'Kora...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kimmym wrote: »

The devs write some story to try and keep things cohesive, but it is not the point.

The point is to have a fantasy land where you can do whatever you want, and experience these things in your own way.

The moment you try to base your vision around somebody else's vision and then some other guy down the street's vision... Well of course they conflict.

If you don't want to fly anything but a Starfleet ship with phasers and photons, do it! Don't hate on the next guy because they always wanted to fly a D'Kora...

Here Here, good response
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

This post is more canon than the canon argument.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You know what, if people don't like season 9, then go logout and stop trying to ruin everyone elses choice to enjoy STO and the content that is being written.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    richardewirichardewi Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Here, here! This was going to be my point exactly. In fact, for all of you that are arguing about ST canon (not cannon, thank you), why don't you create your own little canon world in the Foundry? You can do whatever you want in there, and show us all how STO is supposed to look. You may even create the perfect universe, where all 7 million of your subscribers are totally satisfied with every aspect of your creation. <<sarcasm drips ominously closer to keyboard>>
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2014

But, but...MY IMMERSION!

*drops to knees, rips hair out*

WHHHHHHYYY!?
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What exactly is the OP angry about?
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What exactly is the OP angry about?

Seems he's just complaining just to complain from what I gather.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Seemed to me he doesn't like Undine.

Possibly further upset by playable Undine ships.
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If he does not like The Undies, then he should go Commando.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Lawl, that was good
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2014

+1 Internets for you sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It all makes sense now!

He is protesting Undies by refusing to pay for them, and will go commando!

Good luck to you, brave Sir or Madam! May the wind not be chilly today!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    You know what, if people don't like season 9, then go logout and stop trying to ruin everyone elses choice to enjoy STO and the content that is being written.

It is just some some people are very passionate and want a better game. "Better" is subjective. Better to Cryptic means more money. Better to you might mean something else. It just seems that many are content with whatever is presented to them. That infuriates others.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It is just some some people are very passionate and want a better game. "Better" is subjective. Better to Cryptic means more money. Better to you might mean something else. It just seems that many are content with whatever is presented to them. That infuriates others.

They just want their version of Star Trek, but some of them never realize the ultimate truth of STO. They will never get their version of Star Trek, but Cryptic's version of Star Trek.
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "I don't know how to counter the OP's underlying points so I'm going to make fun of him and marginalize his position as extreme!"

;)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    "I don't know how to counter the OP's underlying points so I'm going to make fun of him and marginalize his position as extreme!"

;)

Hey, now, I asked him a legitimate question and I didn't even make fun of him in it...

It is not my fault the question I asked him exposes his position as both extreme and futile...
    So...

Let me get this straight.

Your protest against the Free to Play game is that you won't pay?
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014

;)
    I don't think extreme is the right word for this, asinine is a more appropriate word, since that's what it is.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you do not accept the direction Cryptic is going with STO going far off based to canon. It's easy

1. Do not buy any master keys.
    2. Do not unlock any the Undine lockboxes.
    3. Stay away from cross-faction queues.
    4. Do not use the new Undine reputation system.
    5. Voice your voices on the forums.
    6. to 10. would get this message closed...

Simply do not give Cryptic a dime.

NOTE
    I'm not telling you to do this. This is what I am doing.

HAHAHAHA. Dude, you are funny. This post should have been created 2 years ago.

Yes, you right, but now its too late. Unfortunately. of course i will never waste real money on this game, that will be stupid, and of course i will not unlock (probably..) any undine locboxes.

I never play pvp. I am not planning to even start the undine reputation.

So, there is not problem for me, the problem is, 75% of the players doesnt care about the direction the game is taking. They only want new content. Sadly, thats the impression i have reading the 80% of the post in these forums. Some of em cry when they dont like one thing, but they are the first ones that congratulates cryptic when they launch a weekly patch that fixes.. erm, nothing. And they are the first ones that says " i love undine lockboxes, and i want to fly a undine ship". For example. So, how can you expect cryptic to change?? lol. There you have your answer.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    I saw someone post STO was Canon..............And spit my coffee on my keyboard laffing

Then someone else said STO was prime universe................just rolled my eyes on that one

STO is on the Holodeck...........get it ....we are playing STO one holodeck inside of a progrm created by Lt Barcley from Tng

Its like JJ verse............STO has nothing to do with TOS prime verse this is another verse with its own set of rules just like JJ verse is totally seperate from trek prime verse

STO can do anything it wants....Except make a T-5 connie.......Roflol
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014

;)

Her. Vivienne is a female name.

And most people are not countering her main points because we've covered them in the uber-thread about the rep revamp. All that's been said, she's already said there. Multiple times.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still arguing about canon in Star Trek?

This argument is simply doomed to fail. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

That is all.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Get your facts straight about Star Trek. It was not a money making scheme. It was one person vision / idea.

CBS turned it into a making making scheme during the original movies.

Not true. Gene was once quoted as saying that he was over joyed when the first fans saved Star Trek from cancellation as it was his best money making plan he had at the time.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    STO is not canon, becasue I didn't 't watch it on TV, or on the silver screen.

When they make a TV show about the Enterprise F then you can talk to me about canon.

That will never happen, take out debate about canon of a TV show or movie, the internet is left with TRIBBLE, and Cat pictures.
    And that's bad why? XD jk... but seriously the canon thing pisses me off too, just enjoy the game people.....
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014

;)

Does it suprise you, though? The forum has become trollcentral this last year.
    HQroeLu.jpg