What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 9 : Player's Last Stand

Comments

• Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In all likelihood this season will the game killer for me. Not only will I delete my toons/characters/avatars <Whatever you want to call them> I will also not be purchasing, playing any more games owned, operated or otherwise from either PWE or Cryptic.

All we get for our hard work on the Reps and their Traits is a big slap in the face, and Cryptic will not do anything to sooth out the problem they have created with this Rep Trait change over, They aren't going to give us anything, not even an apology. So my way of dealing with this, I am now enjoying my characters and their abilities while they are there, after that, I am gone, PWE and Cryptic will not see anything more of me, not even with new game titles. That is how I am going to deal with this, unless. . . .
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In all likelihood this season will the game killer for me. Not only will I delete my toons/characters/avatars <Whatever you want to call them> I will also not be purchasing, playing any more games owned, operated or otherwise from either PWE or Cryptic.

All we get for our hard work on the Reps and their Traits is a big slap in the face, and Cryptic will not do anything to sooth out the problem they have created with this Rep Trait change over, They aren't going to give us anything, not even an apology. So my way of dealing with this, I am now enjoying my characters and their abilities while they are there, after that, I am gone, PWE and Cryptic will not see anything more of me, not even with new game titles. That is how I am going to deal with this, unless. . . .

can I have your keys...

in any case I wish you well.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you do not accept the direction Cryptic is going with STO going far off based to canon. It's easy

1. Do not buy any master keys.
    2. Do not unlock any the Undine lockboxes.
    3. Stay away from cross-faction queues.
    4. Do not use the new Undine reputation system.
    5. Voice your voices on the forums.
    6. to 10. would get this message closed...

Simply do not give Cryptic a dime.

NOTE
    I'm not telling you to do this. This is what I am doing.

Oh go away. Seriously, go away.

Cryptic is a business, they need to earn money. You think a business runs on fresh air? That means improving things that don't work to make the game more appealing to as many people as possible. That's how it works.

Don't like it, fine you have a right to express yourself but don't try to drag the rest of us down with you.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh Noes, :eek: he's not gonna purchase games that he can't buy in the first place because they aren't for sale!! :P

My sides are hurting from laughing so hard.
    Don't you just hate that, and no matter how much it hurts you still can't stop.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How the hell did you manage to get a thread that was a little offensive to be such a big argument over nothing really? All that namecalling, all those insults, from both sides.

I am vastly disappointed in all of you.

To the OP: if you choose not to do so, go your gang (that is what you get when literatranslating Dutch, I should say go ahead but gyg sounds so much more fun). If others choose their own STO diet, they can go their gang as well. Just don't expect to see Cryptic care about your action. To take action for your goals is a noble thing, but I have a feeling this particular action will not change anything.

See guys? I made a reasonable post, without any namecalling, any insults, any laughing at the OP's idea. It can be done.

Now if the rest of you would go back and clean up their mess, this is almost as bad as the Haapax looks.... incident. Or the latest Discoball fiasco that ended rather poorly...
  • Options
    ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you do not accept the direction Cryptic is going with STO going far off based to canon. It's easy

NOTE

How 'bout you quit playing the game if you don't like it...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    mozart2222mozart2222 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's a side conversation.

I still amazed that some players do not accept another majority of players are displeased with STO. Throwing random insults whenever they can and childish animation links.

When the players say we do not like STO TRIBBLE, the usual 12 year old line response is "Give me your stuffz?" Either they need a education or didn't get taught basic conversation 101 etiquette.

Why do you keep playing a game you don't like? Do you spend other amounts of your time forcing yourself to do other things you don't like? What do you think it is about yourself that causes you to put time and effort into a game that you stopped liking a long time ago. Aren't games supposed to be fun, how about spending that time on a game you enjoy instead?

Maybe you're just playing ground content, I stopped playing the game for awhile until I learned I could just play space matches and ignore the rest. I wasn't having fun so I stopped, it's not an insane concept.
  • Options
    millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    STO's lore doesn't bother me, if anything I enjoy many portions of it and can see how Star Trek could evolve to this point. Of course, I've already read a lot of the various spin-off materials for STO; the novel, short stories, and other works, so perhaps I have a better understanding of it than casual Trek/STO fans.

In any case, there's only two paths continuing on past the TNG-era, STO and the novelverse, both with similarities and shared events...but...

I find it difficult to take the novelverse seriously after giving the Borg a new origin story that outright says the NX-02 Columbia's crew is basically responsible for the creation of the Borg. Adding a fancy new advanced race only for that story-arc (also tied into the creation of the Borg) to come in and clean up the Borg with a deus ex machina.

Thankfully, other new material, such as Federation: The First 150 Years, completely ignores that silliness, and some even tie into early STO lore, so...

STO it is for me, then. It's highly unlikely a new Star Trek show would happen in the era STO takes place in anyway. Would either be in the past or the far future. So I figure STO's generally safe as far as it's place in the timeline is concerned.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited April 2014

NOTE

Your logic is flawed. Do remember that "there's a sucker born every minute". Therefore, your endeavor can not hope to succeed simply because there are more suckers than there are "intelligent" people. Also, your note is in itself a prime example of double speak. As by you telling others what you are "going" to do, you are hoping to lead rally more people to your cause.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Your Dismissed OP! Now off my Ship! :rolleyes:
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am going to Boycott the OP by buying many keys and unlocking Many lockboxes, I may even get my self a BIO SHIP, why the heck not.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014

NOTE

le sigh. When will people get. This game is not about being "cannon". I swear everytime I see a thread like this it's "PWE is not writing the story I want and not forcing people to live like Kirk or Picard. I'm taking my money and going elsewhere."

Well this is what PWE has to say about that and every other fool I've seen in every other MMO against another gaming company. "Bye"

Guess what kids. Big gaming companies DO NOT CARE. Either deal with it or move along. And that's going to be the standard for ANY gaming company for ANY MMO.

Cannon, hell star trek itself re-writes cannon almost every ******n episode. What about the TNG episode that said warp drive was destroying the universe then it conveniently gets ignored like that episode never even happened.

Hell TNG rewrote cannon literally every other episode! Hell there are some that flatly refuse to believe Voyager is cannon and refuse it's existence.

Sorry, "cannon" far as Star Trek is concerned, biggest joke there is. Get the frak over it and just play the game!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited April 2014

When you delete all your stuff can you post the video to YouTube? I'd like a good laugh :D
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    +1 and Liked to the above, well said, Oh I also missed out that I will be working on my undine rep over the others (apart from OMEGA as I have stockpiled my marks) and going to all the new queues.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    fatman592 wrote: »
    People pay for stuff? Lol.

Thanks for allowing me to play totally free.

As far as I'm concerned, they can do whatever they want to get people to throw money at them.

Love it when people say TRIBBLE like this about how they play for "free". And try to sound clever about it. Yes ok you don't pay any real money, but its not free. You have to grind, and grind a lot, on multiple characters, through the same tiring, repetitive dross. Every day. Just to save enough in a week that i would spend on a beer.

In actual fact if you look at how much time you grind for, and translated that into what you could actually earn in the real world, Cryptic are taking advantage of you. You are basically working for them, for scraps of digital goods. Lol. Way to go. They then fund themselves further by making money from your hard earned grinding selling your dil to players for zen.

Its almost genius, that Cryptic can make people think they are "letting them play for free" when they are actually just their minions. :)

Anyone who thinks this is 'free' has issues and too much time on their hands. No scratch that, i have too much time on my hands but i still won't grind that much because its not fun. I play games for fun.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    caldannach wrote: »
    ~snip

Well actually...

I am not concerned with Dilithium, I don't grind for it. I play missions when and how I feel like it (and it isn't often).
    Whatever rewards I get I spend whenever I am bored and that's it.

Havn't spend a single Zen in the C-Store since Season 5, and there is nothing in there that I am looking for.
    Got my LTS back when the game was sub based, and it payed for itself long before the game went F2P.

So elaborate again on how it's not free, and without grind for me?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Love it when people say TRIBBLE like this about how they play for "free". And try to sound clever about it. Yes ok you don't pay any real money, but its not free. You have to grind, and grind a lot, on multiple characters, through the same tiring, repetitive dross. Every day. Just to save enough in a week that i would spend on a beer.

In actual fact if you look at how much time you grind for, and translated that into what you could actually earn in the real world, Cryptic are taking advantage of you. You are basically working for them, for scraps of digital goods. Lol. Way to go. They then fund themselves further by making money from your hard earned grinding selling your dil to players for zen.

Its almost genius, that Cryptic can make people think they are "letting them play for free" when they are actually just their minions. :)

Anyone who thinks this is 'free' has issues and too much time on their hands. No scratch that, i have too much time on my hands but i still won't grind that much because its not fun. I play games for fun.

Finally somebody who gets it. Guys ain't nothing free. Even the "free" solanee sci destroyers, we had to do "something" to get them. Free would of been "hey guys out of the kindness of our hearts, here's a free tier 5 ships because you just play have fun!"

That would be free. Grinding 3 months to get 5k zen to get that 3 pack, well they got ya by the balls to be "free". Call that free? Iaugh at you. People spend money to avoid time, that's all it is. Hell thats the way F2p is rolling whether it's this game, World of tanks or any other game, it's how companies are making money.

Spend money, get it now. Or grind your little heart out. Either way they got us.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    I hate popcorn so I'm cooking some hot dogs.

Who has the nachos?

I just love to see people come to the forums to rant about how they hate the game because of this or that. The whole "canon" thing particularly intrigues me. They love to spout how the game is not canon then turn around and complain about how the game is nothing like canon. If it is not canon, why must it follow canon? Personally, I disagree with players being able to fly Tholian (extreme temp/pressure), Undine (Biological ships that require a telepathic link to it's captain), and possibly Borg (actually probably the most reasonable if not for the sheer size of them) ships, but I would certainly not demand that they didn't. If that is what they want then so be it. Simple matter of it is that if you do not like the game, don't play. If you have already stopped playing, why do you continue to troll the official forums of a game you no longer play?
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Already doing that.....

In CANON Klingons and Feds were allied and at least during the Dominion war the romulans were in the club too.
    So how does that violate canon?
    I actually appreciate that change A LOT.

And I wouldnt know how the rep system hurts canon.
    I still think the rep system in general is a great concept and like that the build upon it, even if they are not working on the major flaws in its execution...
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    Newsflash, STO and the events therein are canon. You can put your fingers in your ears and try to ignore it all you like, you won't change the fact that STO is canon. So please, do try and come up with a new insult for the things you don't like.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....... :D

uhm...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH...... :P

*cough* *cough* *cough*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! :D

Wait, you serious? LOL :P

Oh boy, thaks for that laugh...
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Get your facts straight about Star Trek. It was not a money making scheme. It was one person vision / idea.

CBS turned it into a making making scheme during the original movies.

Interesting skill that, being able to read the mind of a dead man.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Whilst I maintain a distaste for the Undine ships, someone (can't recall username, for which I apologise) made a good case for non-Undine being able to utilise Bioships.

Bio-neural Gel packs - the type that Voyager used - could probably be configured to some degree, perhaps to mimic the biosignature of the pilot it would assume to be present.

A pity that Crypic didn't pick up on that, as it's a very good idea and kudos to the player who mentioned it.

Anyway - still don't really like the idea of Undine ships; won't bother elaborating on that point as it's all been said - I will, however, not be supporting and will refrain from buying any keys during this lockbox's run.

Yeah that was me. I just used the idea of the Bio-gel packs - which I think even mutated into a life form in one episode. Add in the fact that we have all kinds of implants NOW that allow us to control things - pacemakers for the heart/implants that let the deaf ear/new tech that let the blind see.

We even have artificial limbs that are taking signals directly from the Human brain and controlling the movements!!

So there are currently a host of 1950's to 2014 tech inventions that back mechanical and now computer/neural brain connections that allow humans to manipulate living organisms.

Certainly by the 2400's even crazier stuff could be possible.

That does not mean it's a good reason to say that Starfleet would be fielding these ships or BUYING them from the Ferengi??

Bottom line - canon and most other things trek went out the airlock a LONG time ago in Startrek online - the horses already left the barn - the ship has sailed. At this point getting upset about it is just as silly as saying Starfleet is flying the Bio ships.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Whilst I maintain a distaste for the Undine ships, someone (can't recall username, for which I apologise) made a good case for non-Undine being able to utilise Bioships.

Bio-neural Gel packs - the type that Voyager used - could probably be configured to some degree, perhaps to mimic the biosignature of the pilot it would assume to be present.

A pity that Crypic didn't pick up on that, as it's a very good idea and kudos to the player who mentioned it.

Anyway - still don't really like the idea of Undine ships; won't bother elaborating on that point as it's all been said - I will, however, not be supporting and will refrain from buying any keys during this lockbox's run.

You are thinking too much, Crypic just wants your money.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I really don't grind that much. I opted out of the holiday grind and the dyson grind. I did do the mirror grind for Mirror Hakeev and some dilithium. But for the better part of the beginning of the year I really didn't grind (unless you count logging in to do contraband doffing a major grind). I actually spent most of my time in Ker'rat attempting to PvP, which has virtually no rewards.

I've been playing more lately because I rolled a new toon, but even that was not much of a grind, one month later and it's already nearly PvP ready. I guess when you have an account that's about two years old and you don't spend willy-nilly, the dilithium adds up. I've been sitting on tons of dilithium for some time now. And the lifers I know have thousands of zen they'll probably never spend.

Anyone who grinds and buys ships (especially ship packs) for dilithium converted to zen are plainly stupid. Farm some EC and get Lobi ships, they're almost always better. Gaining EC is my main grind, if I grind at all, and that stuff rains down from the sky all over the place.

Really, if you're not spending any money on the game and play for fun, how is this not the very definition of F2P?
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So...

Let me get this straight.

Your protest against the Free to Play game is that you won't pay?
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In CANON Klingons and Feds were allied and at least during the Dominion war the romulans were in the club too.
    So how does that violate canon?
    I actually appreciate that change A LOT.

True but they didn't so it in the situation that PvP would create. I know there are instances of in fighting in the series, ah the sisters, however I don't remember Feds firing on each other in them. I am talking in the situation of in fighting as opposed to the times the had Feds firing on Feds for storyline purposes.

Though I suppose it could be looked on as joint training missions. This would be using holographic means to show a disabled ship going bang.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    So...

Let me get this straight.

Your protest against the Free to Play game is that you won't pay?

The irony is mind numbing isn't it?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Actually, he's right.

Everything that happened in Star Trek: The Next Generation was canon, even if it flew in the face of TOS canon.

Everything that happened in Star Trek: The Next Generation was canon, even if it flew in the face of TOS and TNG canon.

Everything that happened in Star Trek: Voyager was canon, even if it flew in the face of TOS, TNG and DS9 canon.

Everything that happened in Enterprise was canon even if it flew in the face of TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY canon.

Everything that happens in Star Trek Online is canon, even if it flies in the face of ENT, TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY canon.

Because STO is the only Star Trek that is currently being produced in the prime universe and is therefore the only source of any sort of episodic content that has any kind of official backing. Whether Cryptic/Perfect World actually treats it as such is a different matter all together, but there it is.

Many people do not like what Rick Berman and Brannon Braga did to "their" star trek. But that does not make the results any less canon than those that came from any other producers. A lot of us may not like what Cryptic/Perfect World are doing to "our" Star Trek, but it's the same story.

We have the same choices as they did. Just as they could choose not to watch Berman and Braga's Trek, we can choose not to play Cryptic and Perfect World's Trek. Most of them chose to keep watching out of morbid curiosity. And likewise, most of us keep playing for the same reason. We want to know what happens.

Technically, STO is into its fifth season. It's lasting 2 years longer than TOS did, and 1 year longer than Enterprise did. Will it make it to surpass TNG, DS9 and VOY at 7+ years? Time will tell.

Maybe we should have a featured episode where we investigate the Lobi Consortium and find out just how they are able to obtain all these wonderful toys which they have indiscriminantly made available to both sides in a Galactic War... Who is backing them? My credits are on an organization from the future. How else could they get ships from the 29th century? We may be smack-dab in the middle of a temporal hot war and not even know it. But if one of the factions' goals is to pollute an entire timeline, giving access to technology and information that by all rights that timeline shouldn't have access to, COUPLED with managing to make sure that every hostile species ever encountered by the UFP and KDF are pissed off at those respective factions and want to see them destroyed, would be a good way to go about it. And of course, the classic Star Trek temporal argument, "Who is to say it isn't supposed to be this way?" applies.

So who is behind all of this?

It's really quite simple. The Krenim!

What about the Iconians? We have been made to believe that the Iconians have been pulling all the strings... What if it really turns out that the Iconians have been nothing but galactic puppets themselves? It's a conspiracy, I tell you. Grab your tinfoil hats and man your basements, folks!

+1 to this post, couldnt put it better myself, well maybe if i had a few days to think on it.