Tovan Khev hatedom?

Comments

• jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    point taken :)
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • habitshabits Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can't think of a more fitting torture for Tovan than to be trapped on a ship full of women. There's no way in hell a ship full of women are going to let 2 guys goof off.

Tovan's life is gonna be an unending string of:

Killing spiders
    Moving furniture for female crewmen
    Opening containers
    Endless chores
    Endless questions like "Does this outfit make me look fat?" or "Didn't Lt. ... look pretty? Oh so I'm not pretty?"
    Permanent bag carrying duty when the girls go shopping on a planet.

And once a month a week of hell, which always happens in deep space where there's nowhere to hide, and he keeps getting beamed out from behind any locked doors.

How progressive..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Exitus Acta Probat
  • showmeyourhonorshowmeyourhonor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lets be honest here, the real reason people hate Tovan Khev is because his presence interferes with their all female bridge bunny fantasy crew. Hell some posts in this thread have outright stated it.

I guarantee that if Tovan Khev was female, there wouldn't be any complaining whatsoever.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lets be honest here, the real reason people hate Tovan Khev is because his presence interferes with their all female bridge bunny fantasy crew. Hell some posts in this thread have outright stated it.

I guarantee that if Tovan Khev was female, there wouldn't be any complaining whatsoever.
    But that wouldn't be honest for a lot of us, as we hate Tovan Khev for different reasons. Assuming that everyone has the same opinion for the same reasons will get us nowhere.

And considering that a good deal of Tovan haters hate Tovan for completely different reasons other than his sex, yes, there would definitely be complaining.

Especially from me. >:3
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gardat wrote: »
    So out of interest then for those people who for some reason don't like Tovan Khev, what would you replace him with if he was swapped out / discarded?

I mean what specifically would you prefer personality wise, race, appearance, etc?

ANYTHING!

Even another male romulan tac. To be honest I'd (with the exception of my toon with an all reman crew) be perfectly happy just to have the option to rename him.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I couldn't be bothered to create a new fed character, so I hopped onto tribble and did the fed tutorial there just to see what all the fuss was about.

The moment I heard Elisa Flores speak, I wanted her to shut up and I'm pleased that past the tutorial, she's just another disposable redshirt, like the original andorian boff from the old tutorial. Her voice was annoying. There's very little depth to the character and certainly none past that mission, though I was briefly amused when the tutorial assumed she was on my away team. Still have never bothered to pick her up on any of my fed characters on the holodeck server.

I suppose from the perspective from a male player who creates a female character with an all female crew, having Tovan Khev around is breaking your immersion, while Elisa Flores is more acceptable due to her gender and dimensions of her chest. You can keep telling yourself that it's for other reasons and there probably are other reasons, but this is likely the main one.

Personally, I don't mind Tovan as I couldn't care less about the assumed gender or race of my crew. It'd be great if he came with superior romulan operative, but it's nothing to rage over.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ANYTHING!

Even another male romulan tac. To be honest I'd (with the exception of my toon with an all reman crew) be perfectly happy just to have the option to rename him.
    This.

Before K'Gan became unrenameable, I was thrilled to have him in(only a couple of) my KDF crews. Under different identities, of course. Unfortunately, those renamed K'Gans can't be non-tailor modified any more...
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All of my Romulan characters are Star Empire loyalists. I despise the weaksauce Republican. Tovan would have been shot and airlocked a long time ago on each of my vessels for insubordination and treason.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • spacegoatcx#8996 spacegoatcx Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I did pick up Flores from the Academy as she is a good boff skill wise and free to replace some old trash ones I still had freeloading on my crews, which are widely mixed of male and female as I do not care.

However, I also enjoy the flavor Tovan adds, as well as the interaction.

While I am sure that he disrupts the harem fantasies and causes insecurity in many of you, whom I suspect favor their women subserviant, insecure, and vulnerable, he fits very nicely into the game.

Plainly, I am glad we have him, Ms. Flores, and Mr. K'gan.

As to them challenging command, yes, I can see how someone questioning your decisions or making a suggestion might impose certain discomforts upon you, much like mother requesting you clean up the basement or take out the trash.

In the series we see plenty of officers of ranks BELOW first officer making recommendations to the captain, conferences being held for him to get their input, and the first officer even taking initiative in situations. It is what they exist for. Sounding boards and second opinions to keep a captain's judgement sound.

All in all, most of this whining about him seems oriented around either severe insecurity in personal sexuality or in personal social skills.

Grow up.
    FvMLllF.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lerpyderp wrote: »
    I did pick up Flores from the Academy as she is a good boff skill wise and free to replace some old trash ones I still had freeloading on my crews, which are widely mixed of male and female as I do not care.

However, I also enjoy the flavor Tovan adds, as well as the interaction.

While I am sure that he disrupts the harem fantasies and causes insecurity in many of you, whom I suspect favor their women subserviant, insecure, and vulnerable, he fits very nicely into the game.

Plainly, I am glad we have him, Ms. Flores, and Mr. K'gan.

As to them challenging command, yes, I can see how someone questioning your decisions or making a suggestion might impose certain discomforts upon you, much like mother requesting you clean up the basement or take out the trash.

In the series we see plenty of officers of ranks BELOW first officer making recommendations to the captain, conferences being held for him to get their input, and the first officer even taking initiative in situations. It is what they exist for. Sounding boards and second opinions to keep a captain's judgement sound.

All in all, most of this whining about him seems oriented around either severe insecurity in personal sexuality or in personal social skills.

Grow up.

and this is coming from a player whose own insecurities about others having an opinion means more? yeah, im just as much a hypocrite as you and everyone else, get off your high horse...

tovan khev should of been removable as soon as the storyline was finished, that way i would only put up with his giving me orders and im just a useless mouthpiece. shouldnt i be the one to command my own ship? anyway, since i cant remove him, hes taking up boff space which is a minus.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    and this is coming from a player whose own insecurities about others having an opinion means more? yeah, im just as much a hypocrite as you and everyone else, get off your high horse...

tovan khev should of been removable as soon as the storyline was finished, that way i would only put up with his giving me orders and im just a useless mouthpiece. shouldnt i be the one to command my own ship? anyway, since i cant remove him, hes taking up boff space which is a minus.

Like I said, I like being the main character. :D
    edited April 2014

And here we see the exact type of suburban white male who falls under the criteria I mentioned above.

Observe his passive rage as the barbs of truth sink into his flesh and his glance as his eyes search the room for his inhaler.

See his desperation grow as he is not in total and complete control of the environment around him and he is forced to socialize, if only an an artificial level.

Smell his fear as he realizes he now has competition, again if only on a virtual level, for the affections of his virtual mates, knowing he shall never aquire one of flesh and blood.

Take careful notes of his obvious discomfort in a fellow phallus being within the virtual confines of his internet spaceship, within striking distance of those virtual females he percieves as his and his alone.

No, seriously, you people are pathetic and bring complete shame to the male gender.
    FvMLllF.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Urge to make snide comments rising... must resist... temptation...!!!!
  • habitshabits Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And here we see the exact type of suburban white male who falls under the criteria I mentioned above.

Observe his passive rage as the barbs of truth sink into his flesh and his glance as his eyes search the room for his inhaler.

See his desperation grow as he is not in total and complete control of the environment around him and he is forced to socialize, if only an an artificial level.

Smell his fear as he realizes he now has competition, again if only on a virtual level, for the affections of his virtual mates, knowing he shall never aquire one of flesh and blood.

Take careful notes of his obvious discomfort in a fellow phallus being within the virtual confines of his internet spaceship, within striking distance of those virtual females he percieves as his and his alone.

No, seriously, you people are pathetic and bring complete shame to the male gender.

Well said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Exitus Acta Probat
  • gamerwookiegamerwookie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow, it's getting heated here. I wonder how long until this turns into outright vitriol lol.

On a serious note, can we keep this civil?
    edited April 2014
    /golfclap

Sexual insecurities is the best TRIBBLE can come up with? And what about the players who are women in real life that don't like Tovan? Are they having insecure feelings about their harem fantasies as well?

I expect better trolling from TRIBBLE personnel. Shame on you for not even trying to do your best.

Observe the impotent rage and attempts to re-assert their entitlement, for without it they cannot survive away from the tribal elders known of as "mother".

Unfortunately, you make the assumption that my fleet lacks actual female members as well.

Yes, actual. Pretending on the internet and owning a large anime doll collection and schoolgirl poster plastered walls does not count. Neither does secretly trying on your sister's clothing when she's away for the weekend.

They also find you utterly pathetic.

As to his usefulness as a boff, considering how many other threads are full of complaining about how 1 million EC is too much to earn, I seriously doubt the majority attempting to pass that arguement here could actually afford better boffs.

Be thankful that Cryptic was nice enough to give you something decent.
    FvMLllF.jpg
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Observe the impotent rage and attempts to re-assert their entitlement, for without it they cannot survive away from the tribal elders known of as "mother".

Unfortunately, you make the assumption that my fleet lacks actual female members as well.

Yes, actual. Pretending on the internet and owning a large anime doll collection and schoolgirl poster plastered walls does not count. Neither does secretly trying on your sister's clothing when she's away for the weekend.

As to his usefulness as a boff, considering how many other threads are full of complaining about how 1 million EC is too much to earn, I seriously doubt the majority attempting to pass that arguement here could actually afford better boffs.

Completely agree.

If people want to replace Tovan with an actual "better" BoFF, by which I mean a superior opererative/subterfuge one then you can easily pay 15-20 million depending on market fluctuation. I was very happy to get a free purple at level 1 when I rolled a Romulan and he makes a great DudeBro on my crew.

Anyone complaining about this fantastic addition to the crew clearly has an ulterior agenda.

Of course I also made Tovan Khev into something approaching Tovan Gatt :D
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • showmeyourhonorshowmeyourhonor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Completely agree.

If people want to replace Tovan with an actual "better" BoFF, by which I mean a superior opererative/subterfuge one then you can easily pay 15-20 million depending on market fluctuation. I was very happy to get a free purple at level 1 when I rolled a Romulan and he makes a great DudeBro on my crew.

Anyone complaining about this fantastic addition to the crew clearly has an ulterior agenda.

Indeed. Alternatively people could just buy extra boff slots if the awful tragedy of a story critical character taking up a slot is too much to bear.

If you can afford to fill up your entire roster with boffs that have Superior Romulan Operative, you can afford to buy new boff slots.
    edited April 2014

[laughtrack]

[laughtrack]

[laughtrack]

[sarcastic guitar riff]
    edited April 2014
    Completely agree.

I would happily replace Tovan with a white quality boff. All I want is the option.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    edited April 2014
    I would happily replace Tovan with a white quality boff. All I want is the option.

Point proven.
    FvMLllF.jpg
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Is this white quality BoFF female by any chance?
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
    edited April 2014
    Point proven.

[laughter goes here]
    edited April 2014

Yeah, yer mum.
    edited April 2014

Don't care one way or the other. And as for the suggestions that are being made that people only want him off their ships because they want female boffs they can leer at, I happen to be a TRIBBLE man, so where do I fit into that little theory.

To be honest I think it says more about the people making that assumption then anything else.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    edited April 2014
    Don't care one way or the other. And as for the suggestions that are being made that people only want him off their ships because they want female boffs they can leer at, I happen to be a TRIBBLE man, so where do I fit into that little theory.

To be honest I think it says more about the people making that assumption then anything else.

View earlier posts and you will see the core essence of what the Tovan hate has always been about.

Him being a he disrupts the ERP den so to say, maybe also serving as an uncomfortable reminder that their internet-girlfriends are also in fact male.

I believe the first page has someone commenting on prefering a half-naked all female crew, and plenty more do as well.

These topics have been about for months and primarily grind down to that being the overwhelming primary reason for the hate.
    FvMLllF.jpg
    edited April 2014
    View earlier posts and you will see the core essence of what the Tovan hate has always been about.

Him being a he disrupts the ERP den so to say, maybe also serving as an uncomfortable reminder that their internet-girlfriends are also in fact male.

I believe the first page has someone commenting on prefering a half-naked all female crew, and plenty more do as well.

These topics have been about for months and primarily grind down to that being the overwhelming primary reason for the hate.

Internet girlfriends? Do people still do that? I remember that being 'in' way back in 2007.
    edited April 2014

What does Tovan have to do with ERP? And I don't recall anyone saying that they wanted their all female crew half naked. Even if they did, it isn't really a good reason for saying that Tovan shouldn't be dischargeable.

I respect Dentals anti-erp stand point, but I don't think is truly relevant to this debate and you are just making yourself sound juvenile by pushing it.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So I should have a masters in gender studies just to be able understand the subconscious driving the tovan hatas here? Really? Well, I'm going to go apply to some programs now because otherwise, how will I ever come to terms with my own repressed feelings!

Well played dental, well played!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited April 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    So I should have a masters in gender studies just to be able understand the subconscious driving the tovan hatas here? Really? Well, I'm going to go apply to some programs now because otherwise, how will I ever come to terms with my own repressed feelings!

Well played dental, well played!

Mention ERP and suddenly everyone becomes a psychiatrist. :rolleyes: