test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not happy about the rep system rewards only 4 active at a time

124»

Comments

• smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am highly pleased with the changes. Seeing as rep systems are now to be continually introduced, allowing players to get another 2 powerful space passives, plus an active, per rep system will just explode the power creep.

By buffing the passives but limiting us to 4 choices, you allow for a greater variety of end game builds. To OP: Yes, you got nerfed. It was done to everyone for the sake of overall game balance. That is a good thing. Rep passives were getting out of hand.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • johndroidjohndroid Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi all.

So i thought id pop on tribble to see what the fuss is about with rep changes and esd and what i found about the rep system powers you "earned!" are being reduced.

Cryptic. I have no idea what your smoking but stop. Before s9 the rep system gave you 2 half decent space bonuses per rep tree. So you had about 8 in all tho i didnt move past tier 2 of the spire rep system so im with 7. Now with the new rep system intergrated into traits system i can now only have 4 active at a time. Yes you buffed some to make some nice ones but i would have been happy with 7 less powerful ones instead of 4 semi buffed ones active at one time.

Please do not go through with this for s9. I dont like having things taken away which this system does and quite a big removal indeed.

Well since Legacy of Romulas season 8 was made .... Now before season 9 ... 1 season and there fixing there Reputation Traits because they screwed it up already and need to fix it for the lowly game players not the ones that have played relentless through Season after Season for this .... Nerf !!! So when are they raising anything for the elite game players with all the gear we grind for to get , is it all for Stf's gameplay after we reach elite powers rep fleet gear , wow I can now be maxed out less now for Stf's still loops i got less powers available now .... Cool oops non-Cool , what about opening at least 2 new more Kerrat Warzones for endgame players with soon to be less rep , play together and Use the endgame gear at least with others with same in Combat.
    If we had 3 kerrat a with (actual instances to choose from since it's available to choose once inside Kerrat but Never works ??? 3 Kerrats 1 for lame noobs you want in 1 , medium to decent players in Kerat 2# and elite can play in Kerrat 3 all with choices for at least 5 instances that Work !!! Then you will be giving us something for endgame not just all Stf's for ever at least please the Elite players in game that worked so hard to Fight , Grind Stf's, and endgame Play, Yes all 3 not just nerf here and there we need endgame material as much as not leaving noobs in dust that don't even play yet lol smart money making haha.
    We need it yes but we need more too not just a better looking star base , where the reward for players at end game anyway ?? Haven't seen you give anything to pvp'ers that all use your rep grind system just to stf c'mon once you give to lame noobs give to the people that have played and spent thousands of dollars for this endgame butchered for noobs to level and not take forever pff good luck not putting in nothing for the end rep players hahah just when I had hope for endgame season 9 , should call it Season for the Noobs we messed up in Season 8 which we implemented rep and screed up we need to fix in 9 lol ltr good luck all.
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    See, all this? This is good stuff. This is feedback. This is discussing what was written and trying to get the discussion moving and what not.

:)

Me? I keep getting stuck in the bog when someone new shows up and starts in on how this doesn't affect powercreep or asks why Cryptic is doing this, what their logic is.

It's a hangup I have I guess.

Nods. I check periodically but I am frankly tired. I realize the company doesn't care about Veteran or long running players so I shouldn't care about STO. Just cut my playing time a lot.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    8/8/4
    The best and only real solution, one which Cryptic in their stubborness continues to ignore.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why does it matter?
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The new rep system. Is an excellent change. Instead of allowing players to constantly have access to all kinds of offensive and defensive abilities, they now have to choose how they want to play. Granted, the rep traits, even with the changes, dont add a noticeable difference to either attack or defense, but at least now players have to give something up to gain something.
  • quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nods. I check periodically but I am frankly tired. I realize the company doesn't care about Veteran or long running players so I shouldn't care about STO. Just cut my playing time a lot.

Agree 100%. I guess I am not really a veteran. I have only been playing a over a year or so. Since this change has been announced I log in once a week check my fleet and log back out. 15 minutes tops. I didn't even do the mirror event, which I am usually first one in line for free stuff, even when it is a grind. I totally understand WHY they are doing it, but it still doesn't make me feel any better about it. How ever anyone wants to look at it, you are still losing something in the end. They should have just left us with the rep passives we had and capped us at that many slots. At that point if we earned any new we would have to swap them out. That would have been fair and something I am sure everyone could have lived with. As it stands now, I am not excited about the new season. I won't be waiting to log in right after launch like I usually am.

They are usually really fair about things. That is the main reason why I have spent more money on this game then any other. This is one of the best MMOs I have ever played, but this decision has made me take a big step back.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    8/8/4
    The best and only real solution, one which Cryptic in their stubborness continues to ignore.

Yep, that would help.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    While I am not against this change in principle, at most, they should have capped it at the current level.

I always considered that each new reputation was primarily "new content" for the maxed out players, and while the new sets were often uninteresting, getting five new powers was good incentive to "rep up". Now, in S9, we are looking to gain one new active power, and then just an increase in choice of new passives.

Unless the new powers are a significant improvement over my current "choice of four", I wont be bothering with this new rep. So, to me, Cryptic have introduced a new reason to spend less time playing this game.

As I don't do ground, and after my five minutes walk around ESD, S9 is not looking that interesting at the moment (Season Neuf - as the French would say).
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Uhm.. they can do like the rest of us, who were at one time new players ourselves:

PLAY THE FREAKING GAME!!!

Yeah no kidding right, despite how limited they try to make the rep system, new player's will still have to grind them for the gear, and rep abilities anyways, so what exactly is changing other than limiting the amount of them you can use?

The other thing they did is promote even more dps in game, by giving the damage dealing rep traits a bigger boost, while making most of the other ones still a meh joke of a choice.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In the latest Priority One Podcast, 169 at 48:45, Geko indicates that we might get more rep slots, though not many, at some point in the future. I find that really concerning for those of us who already have 8 ground and 8 space rep traits. Unless future, extra slots are simply given away, that's going to sting pretty bad if you have to grind or pay for a slot that was taken away.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    wanderintx wrote: »
    In the latest Priority One Podcast, 169 at 48:45, Geko indicates that we might get more rep slots, though not many, at some point in the future. I find that really concerning for those of us who already have 8 ground and 8 space rep traits. Unless future, extra slots are simply given away, that's going to sting pretty bad if you have to grind or pay for a slot that was taken away.

So in the end we might have to grind back the slots we already had?!? That is very benevolent of them to let us grind/ buy back something we already had.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited April 2014
    So in the end we might have to grind back the slots we already had?!? That is very benevolent of them to let us grind/ buy back something we already had.

Extra rep traits slots in a fleet holding or a Cstore coming....
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • lenovo123456lenovo123456 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is all about money plain and simple. They are doing this nerf, so later down the road the cstore will charge you to open up more slots.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

It's a great tactic. I REALLY don't understand why people are still even playing this game anymore.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is all about money plain and simple. They are doing this nerf, so later down the road the cstore will charge you to open up more slots.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

It's a great tactic. I REALLY don't understand why people are still even playing this game anymore.

HuehuehuehuehueHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :'D

If you really think this, I have an Island to sell you.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Um, if you look at how the system currently works, with what they're starting us with, you can KEEP all the powers you chose from each Reputation now if you like. Going forward, you'd need to make an actual choice. What the upcoming system gives you is more flexibility as you can redo your choices (between missions in social zones) and zero cost (IE you no longer need respec tokens) AND can choose from the full list (As the system stands now, the choice you make on a power is locked in unless you use a respec token).

So, sorry, I don't see what the whining is about. If you don't want the ability to choose powers from the current new (or later) reputation added; by all means don't level up that Rep. Your choice. As for existing Reps that you did do, you actually have more flexibility then you did before, to tailor for specific content at zero resource cost. How terrible.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited April 2014
    Um, if you look at how the system currently works, with what they're starting us with, you can KEEP all the powers you chose from each Reputation now if you like. Going forward, you'd need to make an actual choice. What the upcoming system gives you is more flexibility as you can redo your choices (between missions in social zones) and zero cost (IE you no longer need respec tokens) AND can choose from the full list (As the system stands now, the choice you make on a power is locked in unless you use a respec token).

So, sorry, I don't see what the whining is about. If you don't want the ability to choose powers from the current new (or later) reputation added; by all means don't level up that Rep. Your choice. As for existing Reps that you did do, you actually have more flexibility then you did before, to tailor for specific content at zero resource cost. How terrible.

The power of choice means nothing compared to the power of having actually twice as many abilities.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014

PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

You don't have to understand, because people playing this game aren't playing the game to get your approval or acceptance.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Zero cost?!? I don't know about you, but it will cost me trait slots. Also, in the beginning it might be neat to tweak traits, but I have a feeling that it will become tedious.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?