Install Arc
Options

Kdf tailor still broken *Mar 1th team investigating, see post #58*

13»

Comments

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For an update, we are aware this issue remains valid and has been so for some time. Our previous attempt at a fix just didn't do the job. Part of the problem is that we have not been able to reproduce the older issue(s) and as it's been reported that the problem doesn't occur if one copies a character to Tribble, we can't just copy one of your characters to test. As such, we can't tell the effectiveness of any fix until it goes live and we get feedback from those of you affected.

Our programmers are working on a new fix, but it's a work in progress at this point.

Thank you all for the information you have provided.
    I double checked, and good news, it seems the bug still happened (to a lesser extent maybe) on tribble. I copied my character, and I can't switch to some outfits.

Still Shyia@erei, outfits not working are veteran, off duty and mercenary, if you have the same name than me for saved outfits.
    I didn't try to edit them or whatever, just to switch using the right click on my avatar menu, and the tailor "wear" button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Unfortunately, since it was claimed "solved" last patch, this issue no longer appears as a "known problem" on this week's patch, so there's no indication that they are looking at it any longer.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    I double checked, and good news, it seems the bug still happened (to a lesser extent maybe) on tribble. I copied my character, and I can't switch to some outfits.

Still Shyia@erei, outfits not working are veteran, off duty and mercenary, if you have the same name than me for saved outfits.
    I didn't try to edit them or whatever, just to switch using the right click on my avatar menu, and the tailor "wear" button.

Umm nope. Any additional costume slots you purchased from the c-store, as well as c-store and possibly other special uniforms, become unavailable to use/modify on the test servers.

Example: I copied a character with over 30 costumes created and he still has a few unused slots. After copying him over to tribble he has no unused slots and all but the first 2 or 3 free costume slots can be switched to. As long as I don't switch costumes he will stay in the one he was wearing when I copied him over, but I can't switch to any additional costume slots, and I think even the free slot unlocked for joining a fleet, as well as not being able to modify the extra slots and some costume options missing.

At least some veteran/lifetime member rewards don't transfer over. Been that way a long time.

Same goes for reputation, though currently is is not available at all on tribble. During LoR closed beta on tribble, I copied a character over with all reputations available at that time maxed out at tier 5 for all. On tribble server all reputations were at 0 with no projects started and no progress made at all in any of the reps.

Also a lot of items are missing from the c-store on the test servers, though I have no idea how you can get zen there, so it's not like it really matters.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For an update, we are aware this issue remains valid and has been so for some time. Our previous attempt at a fix just didn't do the job. Part of the problem is that we have not been able to reproduce the older issue(s) and as it's been reported that the problem doesn't occur if one copies a character to Tribble, we can't just copy one of your characters to test. As such, we can't tell the effectiveness of any fix until it goes live and we get feedback from those of you affected.

Our programmers are working on a new fix, but it's a work in progress at this point.

The reason why it doesn't happen on the test servers is because all extra costume slots are locked out anyway. Any you bought from the c-store, and I think the free slot unlocked for joining a fleet. You can't 'wear' any of them or modify them. But if you are wearing 1 of them when you copy the character, you can keep wearing it as long as you don't change outfits.

Also any available unused costume slots you have will not transfer over to the test servers. So if on holodeck it says you have 10 available, the character will have 0 on the test servers.

Also c-store outfits you purchased don't carry over to the test server. They won't show up in the lists when modifying your outfit, and I think some or all veteran jackets too.
  • Options
    mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hello I am not bring up this thread to break rules however i am hoping that an update for this problem is avaiable to the player base of the kdf I notice the problem is no longer listed.
  • Options
    angrybear32angrybear32 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Kdf - orion female.

Pretty much all costume options are broken.
    Cant select off duty uniforms as the tab or drop down menu simply doesnt exist anymore (or isnt visible caused by whatever error)

I've bought stuff for off duty.
    I've unlocked rep costumes that do not show up anywhere in the now extremely limited options that are available.

So tired of this nonsense about fixing stuff that dont get fixed at all.

How can it possibly take months (years really as its Always been a mess on kdf side of things apparently).. either fix it in the next patch or give me my money back.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,081 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Kdf - orion female.

Pretty much all costume options are broken.
    Cant select off duty uniforms as the tab or drop down menu simply doesnt exist anymore (or isnt visible caused by whatever error)

I've bought stuff for off duty.
    I've unlocked rep costumes that do not show up anywhere in the now extremely limited options that are available.

So tired of this nonsense about fixing stuff that dont get fixed at all.

How can it possibly take months (years really as its Always been a mess on kdf side of things apparently).. either fix it in the next patch or give me my money back.

I know this might sound stupid, but have you looked for the dropdown menu in the Head section of the Tailor? Even Fed side it doesn't usually appear in the uniform section until you hit it in the Head section.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    angrybear32angrybear32 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I know this might sound stupid, but have you looked for the dropdown menu in the Head section of the Tailor? Even Fed side it doesn't usually appear in the uniform section until you hit it in the Head section.

I have indeed looked at every menu there is.

But nope, nothing.

I can sometimes see it in a really short flash appear on the uniform page when i switch to the screen with the standard uniforms you can choose from (the klingon scarlet / stealth etc uniforms) and then back to manually choosing uniform, but only for a split second.

So yeh its bugged to hell.

And even without it, i cant choose any of the rep costumes.
    All i see is the chest honor guard (honor guard version 1 apparantly).. i've unlocked honor guard uniform 4, so that should tell you whats missing.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    read the replies and also still not listed in latest patch.

I would like to think my constant asking shows support for the game, but should I really just not bother anymore? Yes I sound like I am About to go to tears with this post lol!

but in seriousness should i just not bother anymore?
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You should not be bothered since ages ago. People still have hopes that one day cryptic fix this important bug and others.. lol.. fools. After all this time xD...
  • Options
    straengestraenge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OK, the fix QA was able to verify was for KDF costumes that became unuseable after playing "Sphere of Influence". To date, this has been the only KDF costume issue we have been able to reproduce, and I could only get it to happen on one character. That character gave the programmers something to look at, and as a result the cause seems to have been fixed as has the unuseable costume for the test character. This obviously has not fixed every KDF costume issue, but we'll keep working on it.

From reading this thread, it seems like some of you now have more costumes than available slots. Is that correct?

Additionally, it sounds like some of you have costumes that still cannot be used even though you have enough slots to accommodate them. Is that correct?

Is there anything else that I'm missing as far as understanding the problem(s) is concerned?

Also, now I am not sure if this is related but I was able to semi-fix the issue myself by creating and resaving costumes and renaming them all completely something different so each had a very individual name. Once I did this, I had no further issues other than the "extra" costumes that show. Because of this type of fix, if it helps, I am thinking it's a database issue and how the costumes are saved serverside.
  • Options
    monkeyknigmonkeyknig Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014

If anyone is still tracking this thread, my KDF captain's bugged costumes copy over to Tribble exactly as they are on Holodeck, if you care to look at my character file. It's Rougsea@Monkeyknig, if you want to go look.
  • Options
    Hello, been looking at my old forum posts and have a fix for this but it's not going to be popular if people are still affected by this. the way to fix it is to repurchase what you bought in slots, basically I think the bug didnt register your first purchase, so basically kdf tailor slots are double the price of a fed...Not a great way of fixing it but I took the lounge last year and it worked.