What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 8, 2014

Comments

• gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Old system - 2 dailies = 2800 XP
    New system - 1 hourly and 1 daily = 2800 XP
    With testing on tribble it will take about 35 days to reach tier 5 rep, without sponsorship, the same as the old system. With sponsorship it will take about 20 days only doing the daily project.

So you don't need to spend an extra 2 hours per day on a character. You can just get enough to do the hourly project once and the daily and have time leftover for alts, like the old system.

Doing 2 more hourly projects per day means you'll speed up your tiers slightly faster and cut off a couple days or so.

Math is off. New system - 1 hourly and 1 daily = 2700 XP
    Through, without sponsorship, it would take you about 38 days. Doing 1 hourly and all 3 dailies (3100 XP) would shave off almost a week, at 32 days

With sponsorship, 1 hourly and 1 daily (5400 XP) would take you 19 days. The 1 hourly and 3 dailies (6200 XP) would take you about 17 days.

Interesting thing here is that you actually shave off more time the slow way than the fast way (6 days the slow way compared to 2 days fast)
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    SWEET JESUS

Don't wanna fly that.

I do, however, want to do a mission on that where I save its passengers from a Nausicaan terror plot or something, a-la Fifth Element...

Agreed 100%. Althought that's still an early draft. Maybe she'll be prettier with some polish.

But having a Risan ship cruising through the Risa sector like Deferi Patrols or the Sh'mar for a daily would be insanely cool.

Something like you have to pull Orion Marauders off of it, then beam aboard and have a firefight, or rescue captured slaves. That would work nicely.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Okay, Cryptic originally said they wanted to make getting the Reps done easier, yet now they want to implement ANOTHER cooldown and the hourly reps that ALREADY have an hour long cooldown?

It seems to me that if we have the marks, and everything else needed, we should be able to run those reps as much as we want. We earned those marks, why not just limit EVERYTHING so you can only run them 3 time before a cooldown takes effect?

This can be the easiest way to kill your players from the game. I have a Fed Tac Officer flying the Avenger Battlecruiser, fully kitted out in Solonae/Dyson gear with full Dyson Rep done. Why would I bother doing the reps on my alts if your going to make it take 2-3 times LONGER to do rep, when I have 7 other alts to go through.

C'Mon Cryptic, start asking what the players want FIXED/WANT/Need changed. Don't go adding more restrictions.

REMOVE ALOT OF THE CURRENT RESTRICTIONS THAT ARE IN PLACE TO MAKE THE GAME MORE ACCESSIBLE.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
    edited April 2014
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Okay, Cryptic originally said they wanted to make getting the Reps done easier, yet now they want to implement ANOTHER cooldown and the hourly reps that ALREADY have an hour long cooldown?

It seems to me that if we have the marks, and everything else needed, we should be able to run those reps as much as we want. We earned those marks, why not just limit EVERYTHING so you can only run them 3 time before a cooldown takes effect?

This can be the easiest way to kill your players from the game. I have a Fed Tac Officer flying the Avenger Battlecruiser, fully kitted out in Solonae/Dyson gear with full Dyson Rep done. Why would I bother doing the reps on my alts if your going to make it take 2-3 times LONGER to do rep, when I have 7 other alts to go through.

C'Mon Cryptic, start asking what the players want FIXED/WANT/Need changed. Don't go adding more restrictions.

REMOVE ALOT OF THE CURRENT RESTRICTIONS THAT ARE IN PLACE TO MAKE THE GAME MORE ACCESSIBLE.

Look, you're looking at it all wrong at the wrong perspective and here's why:

When Dyson was first dropped, players tore through the rep like it was nothing. It took them inside a month to complete and what was greeted at them at the end of the road? Nothing. Because they went too fast. Cryptic had hoped to get the Tier V stuff set up before all of that and had not expected everyone to loophole abuse the living hell out of the Dyson rep. So, Cryptic was left with their tail between their legs and forced to admit they weren't ready for them.

I think this is what Cryptic is saying all along: would you stop trying to go so fast that you're not enjoying everything? Slow down!

The reps are easier: there's a set number of marks, EC and XP needed, the items themselves no longer need XP to be obtained and you have the Sponsorships to help speed it up a bit. Stop thinking that faster = easier. It only leads to burn out and demands for moar.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Math is off. New system - 1 hourly and 1 daily = 2700 XP
    Through, without sponsorship, it would take you about 38 days. Doing 1 hourly and all 3 dailies (3100 XP) would shave off almost a week, at 32 days

With sponsorship, 1 hourly and 1 daily (5400 XP) would take you 19 days. The 1 hourly and 3 dailies (6200 XP) would take you about 17 days.

Interesting thing here is that you actually shave off more time the slow way than the fast way (6 days the slow way compared to 2 days fast)

My math wasn't that far off. Not bad for me. :P

Well look at it this way:

If you spend 3 hours doing the hourly on a single character and you have 10 characters, you won't be able to get that many alts done each day, making it take a whole lot longer overall to get all your alts to tier 5 in all the reps, and that's regardless of sponsorship.

If you stick with doing 1 hourly and the daily per character, you can get multiple characters through the rep at the same time. That and it was already stated the once a day bonus reputation marks will give us at least enough marks to fill 1 hourly and the daily. I think the daily bonus marks is for each reputation, so you could spend maybe a half hour or so per character each day doing 1 hourly and the daily project for each reputation, thus reducing your overall amount of time to get your alts to tier 5 in everything. :)
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014

When Dyson was first dropped, players tore through the rep like it was nothing. It took them inside a month to complete and what was greeted at them at the end of the road? Nothing. Because they went too fast. Cryptic had hoped to get the Tier V stuff set up before all of that and had not expected everyone to loophole abuse the living hell out of the Dyson rep. So, Cryptic was left with their tail between their legs and forced to admit they weren't ready for them.

I think this is what Cryptic is saying all along: would you stop trying to go so fast that you're not enjoying everything? Slow down!

The reps are easier: there's a set number of marks, EC and XP needed, the items themselves no longer need XP to be obtained and you have the Sponsorships to help speed it up a bit. Stop thinking that faster = easier. It only leads to burn out and demands for moar.

I remember that. Players started hitting tier 5 Dyson and were all like "Hey! Where's my reward?" and Cryptic was all like "Uhh we didn't expect people to hit tier 5 yet. We'll get your reward out ASAP." It was pretty funny. Good thing I was only doing the daily on 1 character. After reading the problem on the forums I decided to take my time so I didn't hit tier 5 Dyson until after the reward was added.
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    mreeves7a wrote: »
    Somewhat disappointed there's still no sign of widespread secondary deflectors for science ships. Is there any chance of getting an ETA on them? I am guessing not season 9.

But, anyways: Look what I found on tribble: http://imgur.com/a/jazOG#0

That's a ugly butt ship. I ugly surf board for sure.
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

A Risian cruiser? Meh. I skipped the corvette from last year and I will skip this one, too. No way my character will be seen flying a love boat.

Judging from the interior however this will be most likely a place where players can wear their swimsuits outside of Risa.
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So are the new ESD assets going to be avail for The Foundry? Specifically Admiral Quinn's new office chair... :D
  • adamrezeau1982adamrezeau1982 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The new Earth Spacedock is incredible. I was a little disappointed that my character materialized at Starfleet Academy after selecting the option to take a shuttle down. Given that a map has already been produced for the tutorial, would it be possible to connect that shuttle bay map to Starfleet Academy so officers really could take a shuttle back and forth between ESD?
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The new Earth Spacedock is incredible. I was a little disappointed that my character materialized at Starfleet Academy after selecting the option to take a shuttle down. Given that a map has already been produced for the tutorial, would it be possible to connect that shuttle bay map to Starfleet Academy so officers really could take a shuttle back and forth between ESD?

They need time to plug in the SFA Shuttlebay set outside the tutorial to match SFA and ESD in regular game mode. It isn't currently scheduled... yet.

I personally want to see the SFA Shuttlebay set avail for Foundary authors to use.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Somewhat disappointed there's still no sign of widespread secondary deflectors for science ships. Is there any chance of getting an ETA on them? I am guessing not season 9.

Dat tropical habitat...

Swimwear-enabled map within a ship? Yes please.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Oh well Cryptic have decided to implant another cool down. Oh well I'm not going to complain mainly because Its very rare I run the hourly projects so its a mute point for me. Ill just plod through it like I did Dyson, get my main up to tier 5 craft the sponsorship tokens then plod along on my alts until its done.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Do XII frames and modules come as very rare drops from enemies or are they strictly from fleet stores and reputations (and whatever future lockbox/doff packs drop them)?

I've never been one to make use of the hourlies so it doesn't really bother me. Plus this was already discussed ad nauseum several blogs ago. Although the blog itself didn't state the number you'd be restricted to (3 per rep per char) it was confirmed a few pages into the comments.
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Swimwear-enabled map within a ship? Yes please.

Oh yeah we better be able to access that on the bridge. :D It's like a people-terrarium!

p.s. +1 for Sh'mar/Azura type 'found' mission in the Risa sector.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Known Issues:
    • The new queued event, Undine Infiltration, is still a work in progress.
    • The Reputation Revamp and 8472 Counter-Command Reputation are both still a work in progress.
    Omega Graviton Amplifier is still massively unbalanced with the changes made. We have gone from one proc per 2 seconds in the old, old system for torpedoes, to 1 proc every 30+ minuets in the new system for torpedoes. While energy weapons have been boosted to 1 proc ever 2 to 4 seconds. The proc rate for mines and torpedo is way too low. Once per 30 minuets surly isn’t correct.

It’s also a massive nerf over the original Borg proc which had 100% chance to proc to make up for the low fire rate of torpdeos.

“
    It will be very much useful if you use torpedoes or mines. We're doubling down on the theme of Kinetic damage making sense against the Borg.
    Yet you have made is so Kinetic weapons are a poor choice and energy weapons do more kinetic damage then torpedoes or mines.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All Hourly XP Projects now go into a Cooldown Period after being run 3 times within a 20 hour period.
    I'll ask one simple question and would like to receive a response:

Why?

Since when did Star Trek Online become a mobile game? Why do you keep adding more and more timewalls? What's the point of the hourly projects if you restrict players who spend more time on a given day, but less during others? Wasn't the whole point of the hourly projets to appeal to such players, not restrict them?

And why do I get the feeling this change will somehow be connected with the "daily cooldown reset token"?

Christ, I'm seriously waiting for our ships to be fueled by refined dilithium and our characters to be added a stamina bar if things will go on like this. It's yet another step of "F2P" monetization.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hourly projects with 20h cooldown somewhat defeats the purpose. Don't be silly. Either have hourly projects and let your players decide how often they want to do them to advance a little bit faster, and live with the consequence that some might do a lot of them and progress somewhat faster. Or you want to slow us down? Fine. Then go back to the old system with one big and one smaller 20h project, and have full control on how long it will take, without annoying your players with so called "hourly" projects.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nukara Reputation:
    Auxiliary Power Configuration – Offense:
    Damage bonus now applies to all damage, instead of just weapons.
    Me likey. Many a Sci ship thanks you.

Me, too :) !!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
    edited April 2014
    When the Dyson Reputation was released last year there were some people who powergrinded through it in less than two weeks. I think these changes are meant to prevent this unhealthy behaviour and also give the devs more leeway until the first people finish the rep and subsequently demand new content.
    edited April 2014
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    I think these changes are meant to prevent this unhealthy behaviour and also give the devs more leeway until the first people finish the rep and subsequently demand new content.
    Errr, how is this unhealthy? It's people's own business what they do with their free time, not Cryptic's.

This cooldown is nothing more than a pointless timegate. Unless, of course, Cryptic will once again release the Season 9 early with an unfinished reputation, like they did with the Dyson one, which lacked the final cutscene and rewards for quite some time. But that's only their own problem if they rush out the content just for the sake of it. Players shouldn't be restricted because of this.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited April 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    It's people's own business what they do with their free time, not Cryptic's.

Yes, of course players have to decide this for themselves. This is just my opinion on this matter, and since there were already cases of death through powergrind in some MMOs it is not even far off.

But you are certainly right on the timegating. We are probably getting some new cutscenes and short missions with the reputation again and Cryptic always had a tendency to release new reps early without having all of it finished.
    edited April 2014
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    Yes, of course players have to decide this for themselves. This is just my opinion on this matter, and since there were already cases of death through powergrind in some MMOs it is not even far off.
    Cryptic does everything to "force" players to log in on a daily basis regardless, so I don't think they in any way care about the "healthiness" of their players, especially considering how alt-unfriendly the game is.

That's another thing - with the Dyson rep I've been doing the hourly projects on one of my characters several times a day so that I could get the Sponsorship Tokens ASAP and start the rep on my other characters. It's not that I've been playing STO all day, but mostly played some Dyson content and then only logged in to start the project several times a day if I could.

Now, though, this cooldown defeats the whole purpose and unless Cryptic has some plans to monetize this idea (we've been hearing about the "Daily Cooldown Reset Token" a lot) then I really think it's bizzare and pointless.

The whole game is becoming more and more timegated grindfest and full of other restrictions lately. "DOOOOM" and all that, but I honestly feel that way with every new event and update they release. The Anniversary grind was a great example of that. As if Cryptic is purposefully sucking all the fun out of their game.

"No! You can't play whatever you want! You'll be playing what we want you to play for the next two weeks! You don't want to? Then we guess you don't want that shiny ship/item/doff/reward that will be gone after that... What? You want that on all of your characters? Then get on the hamster wheel, because you'll be repeating the process on all your toons!"

Sometimes I wonder why do I even bother. Perhaps because at its core I still like the game and I've invested a lot of time and money into it already. Yet that makes it even more painfull to constantly watch how unfriendly the whole thing is becoming just for the sake of easy monetization.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited April 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Cryptic does everything to "force" players to log in on a daily basis regardless, so I don't think they in any way care about the "healthiness" of their players, especially considering how alt-unfriendly the game is.

Oh, are we going to get into another philosophical debate on the grind and how friendly and unfriendly it is to alts?

Look, if you think that STO's grind is bad, go check out other games. I've heard the horror stories from a friend of mine who plays Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn and the grind for a single pair of pants. High level one, yes, but it's a pair of pants. And that means going to the same boss battle and hoping that Numbnuts #5 doesn't blow it for the entire team by choking or even taking the item when they don't need it or already have it. We used to have something like that (apparently) before the Rep system was implemented, but not as bad.

Alt-unfriendly, maybe, but that's less on them and more on the player. Instead of sitting here and screaming at Cryptic "When is enough enough?!", it should be the players.
  • rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just wanted to go a bit off-topic and would like to thank for sorting out the issue with the Shadow operative Accolade unlock. Just left tribble with a grin on my face :)

Cant wait for the fix to hit the holo. :)

Thx all.
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    for emperors sake, fix the damned bridge officer system and the loadouts finally will ya?

i cant even join 2 PvE queues without that my whole bridges officers are messed up AND the active doffs are messed up even if saved in a loadout.. it still just reverts everything or puts in Boffs which i never had onto that position, its getting annoying.

meanwhile i need 5 minutes everyy game to list the passive rep traits the ability bar the active doffs and the boffs... jebus.... why isnt this still not working. but yeah you fixed the thing that the mission starts when all jump over the cutscene oh and well you fixed the thing that spacebar doesnt cancel or exit cutscenes anymore... great. -.-

sry im starting to really getting fed up... as the basics are still not working as they are intended. the loadout feature implemented last season doesnt work as intended, actually... it was better before
    as before the loadouts the ship actually saved the last active roster on it by itself.. no need to fill in the Boffs EVERY TIME again.
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A cooldown won't affect me much so I'm not upset.

I can see why some players would be upset about it.

But it's not bad news for people with multiple alts. As far as it discourages speed-grinding reputations, it levels the curve a bit.

I don't think it's going to be that bad for the majority of players.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [*]Kits and Modules received as mission rewards now scale up to Mk XI when received at level 50.

Have kits and modules been added to any missions as rewards, or are these just random drop rewards? Last I checked KDF players had no missions that rewarded kits/modules as rewards.

edit: correction, I did find one for "Badlands", which by the way still refers to your kdf toon as a federation captain.
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    With everything else that has been told that is going to happen I doubt much of us care any more what they do lol.

With the proposed changes there isn't a reason for me to bother doing any future reps so really with not much of any fed or kdf/romulan development. Then take in consideration I really no longer need anything from any holdings or starbases there is no real point in me playing anymore lol.
    Yeah, I am done with the reputation system.

I will grind a few pieces of gear, but I give up on trying to get other stuff.

I accomplished what I needed.

Now is time to move onward.

Undine reputation system is no longer on the table.

I will also skip all future rep holdings.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What a nice gtfo-nerf for active players^^ good thing I dont use the hourly projects.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I honestly don't burn through reps in just under a week, But being forced to slow down my rep when I have more than enough marks to do more is ridiculous. I love the current rep system that's implimented on the holodeck for Dyson. I really want all the other rep systems to run like that, (Which we are getting).

Now for the other idiots that just rush through everything just to get to the end game or to get the rewards, then those are the idiots Cryptic doesn't need to worry about, because those are the people who skip cutscenes if they never seen them, and pretty much skip everything that is not necessary to get to end game. I personally play for the story and ALL the scenes I can get.

Burning through rep isn't my main objective... It's the journey there.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en