test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 8, 2014

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.40.20140330a.5

General:
  • Additional updates have been made for the art and audio for the new Earth Space Dock.
  • The Viscous Cycle event will no longer start once all players have finished/skipped the briefing cutscene.
    • The countdown timer must complete before the event will begin.
  • Kits and Modules received as mission rewards now scale up to Mk XI when received at level 50.
  • Dyson Reputation:
    • Removed the dialog options for learning about Commendations from the "Info" button popup.
    • Removed references to Commendations from the Dyson Joint Command text that appears at the top of the Reputation UI.
  • Nukara Reputation:
    • Auxiliary Power Configuration – Offense:
      • Damage bonus now applies to all damage, instead of just weapons.
  • Reputation Revamp:
    • All Hourly XP Projects now go into a Cooldown Period after being run 3 times within a 20 hour period.
      • During this Cooldown period, additional Hourly XP Projects cannot be slotted within that Reputation.
      • This cooldown is unique for each Reputation.
        • Example: Doing three Omega XP Hourly projects will not lock out the completion of Dyson XP Hourly projects.
      • This cooldown is calculated from the time that the last input was filled on the first project within a 20-hour period.
        • Example: If you finish filling the inputs for projects at 4pm, 6pm and 11pm, your cooldown will complete at Noon the following day
      • If you do fewer than 3 Hourly XP Projects within a 20 hour period, you will not experience any Cooldowns.
        • Example: If you start projects at 4pm and 6pm, then no other project prior to Noon the next day, the 3 count begins anew with the next project you kick off in that Reputation.

Known Issues:
  • The new queued event, Undine Infiltration, is still a work in progress.
  • The Reputation Revamp and 8472 Counter-Command Reputation are both still a work in progress.
    • The UI and artwork for all of the 8472 Counter-Command Reputation has not been fully implemented.
  • The Dyson Sphere Undine Battlezone is still a work in progress.
  • The new Earth Space Dock is still a work in progress.
  • Viscous Cycle is still a work in progress.
  • The new queued event Undine Assault is still a work in progress.
  • The new Kit Revamp is still a work in progress.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Reputation Revamp:
    All Hourly XP Projects now go into a Cooldown Period after being run 3 times within a 20 hour period.

*grabs a bag of corn kernels and waits for the flames to start*
  • i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Has the Respawn point been fixed for Undine assault?

(last time tried doing it 3/5 people got stuck to the space stations at respawn point) (time before that I got stuck to the space station)
    Feedback for this event may be currently affected because of this*

Undine Infiltration has the cave part been looked after?

And thank you for the kit being bumped up to XI when doing them at lvl 50.
    (are there supposed to be kit rewards for "replaying again" those episodes for klingons?

the last Borg episode that had a kit reward when I looked before this patch there was no kit. (replay award)
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still no Risa event map? Darn. Have to keep waiting.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Still no Risa event map? Darn. Have to keep waiting.

Would Risa even go to tribble before going live?
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • deniedexistencedeniedexistence Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tasshena wrote: »

This will be great too, cause it's not like it's been any secret that was their intention all along
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited April 2014
    Would Risa even go to tribble before going live?

Risa Event Map is a FEATURE Event that only goes live to Holodeck and does not go live on Tribble... you don't what spoilers on Tribble ruining the "Official Event when it goes live on Holodeck"
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014

I'm doing the Same thing....
    edited April 2014
    It was on there a few days ago so yes. It has been on tribble.
    edited April 2014
    Risa Event Map is a FEATURE Event that only goes live to Holodeck and does not go live on Tribble... you don't what spoilers on Tribble ruining the "Official Event when it goes live on Holodeck"

this is what i suspected.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
    edited April 2014

Meant to quote you last time.

The event map was on tribble a few days ago so yes. They do put it there to test.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Translation, they are more worried about spoilers then making sure it actually works right so they don't bother testing there featured events, see Mirror Invasion Debacle for a recent example.
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So with the Reputation Hourly changes, that means there's no reason to play for longer than 3 hours a day.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    So with the Reputation Hourly changes, that means there's no reason to play for longer than 3 hours a day.

Just all the other grinds that exist...I guess. ;)
    edited April 2014

And so it begins....
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2014

With everything else that has been told that is going to happen I doubt much of us care any more what they do lol.

With the proposed changes there isn't a reason for me to bother doing any future reps so really with not much of any fed or kdf/romulan development. Then take in consideration I really no longer need anything from any holdings or starbases there is no real point in me playing anymore lol.
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Viscous Cycle event will no longer start once all players have finished/skipped the briefing cutscene.

Oh for crying out loud, why? If everyone skipped it, its either because they never want to see the cut scene and want to get to the action, or they've seen it a hundred times and want to get to the action. There might be the case that someone's finger slips or something, but that's the minority I would think.

Why are you doing this? Being forced to watch a cut scene is not fun when you have to see it 40 more times. It will not answer the constant cries for content or make people like it. You got out of endgame story when you changed the Borg STFs to their current form. You can't go back without going back to the epic long STF format. All of the above is IMHO.

Also, I am assuming that as they are works in progress that the rewards do not match the proposed format for the Undine content? Last I checked, the Undine battle zone did not reward a daily bonus of Undien marks. And the Undine STFs I have run (Infiltration and Assault) did not seem to reward me any Undine marks at all, and I was active in both. Infiltration did seem to award me fleet marks but I am not sure (I did not keep track of the number of fleet marks I had, but I am pretty sure that I saw fleet marks pop up).

And Risa isn't going to come up until June probably. I do hope they give the Risan corvette a bridge of its own this time, like with the Breen ships.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
    edited April 2014

The event map was on tribble a few days ago so yes. They do put it there to test.

It was only a slip up that allowed the updated event stuff on the test server this time. Event stuff is -never- put up on Tribble before it hits holodeck. That is why it was pulled pretty damn quick
    edited April 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    Translation, they are more worried about spoilers then making sure it actually works right so they don't bother testing there featured events, see Mirror Invasion Debacle for a recent example.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Q
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It was only a slip up that allowed the updated event stuff on the test server this time. Event stuff is -never- put up on Tribble before it hits holodeck. That is why it was pulled pretty damn quick

Yep, it's never put there. Just like it was quickly pulled last Summer. Oh, last Winter was pulled too. And er, the Winter before that. It's never put there. ;)
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2014

What happened a few days ago was obviously not meant to happen, or they would have left it up for more than a couple hours and would not have shut down discussion of it. It's not the first time some content has made it into a build by accident.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014

And they removed it because people were leaking the new stuff like hotcakes. Be patient until June.
    edited April 2014
    Oh, you mean these spoilers?

i some how feel like we've just been baited into risa discussion just so you could post these.
    edited April 2014
    Yep, it's never put there. Just like it was quickly pulled last Summer. Oh, last Winter was pulled too. And er, the Winter before that. It's never put there. ;)

Except you splitting hairs.

It's never put up to test whatever new content is coming with each revision. Are the maps accessible? Sometimes, I'll give you that. But it doesn't take very long for access to get revoked, just like this time
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Apparently it was a mistake to have the summer event stuff activated on risa, that's why they disabled access to it.

There was a thread in general discussion with claims that threads revealing information about the new summer event stuff were being deleted quickly due to players revealing spoilers about it.

So no, it wasn't their intention to have the new summer event stuff up this early for testing. Last year they didn't have it up on tribble until the day the event went live on holodeck. And last year the summer event didn't start until June, so we still have a ways to go.
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And with that just allow us to unlock the reps in the C-Store ad an Account unlock with that we are done. I know it is pay to win but I no longer care about it.
    Bridger.png
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All Hourly XP Projects now go into a Cooldown Period after being run 3 times within a 20 hour period.

wow. really?
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    I'm doing the Same thing....

if you mean spamming the forums then yes you are ;)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    tehjonel wrote: »
    wow. really?

Why are all of you surprised? This was in the description for the TRIBBLE Hourly Rep projects, it just wasn't working.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014

The patch notes weren't specific, but I imagine the cooldown is on a per character basis, so you could do 3 hourly projects on 1 character, then do it another another in the same day, that is if you have 6 hours to play.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh, you mean these spoilers?

Yeah I heard it went live for a few hours and was immediately pulled down, clearly a TRIBBLE up not an attempt to actually test it.