Install Arc

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• aramasu1aramasu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Did someone forget to pay the rent? :)
  • tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Resolution is still several hours away !

yikes dont like the sound of that.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    *brofist* You got me deep woman.

Updated that for ya. :)
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No... LotR sucks too. ;) Invalid argument for SW not sucking.

Well we got the Dinostaur "translation dinosaur/voth death star" the Breach so after you finish it pull out your nano pulse weapons to have Star Trek and Star Wars Online at once. Then make a foundry mission about the federation and KDF hunting down all the jedi.
  • eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Gundam > all

The only exception to that is Star Trek

I dunno, Gurren Laggan is pretty boss...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    *brofist* You got me deep man.

Ugh, aren't PDAs against the forum rules? :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • kargandarrkargandarr Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    redshirt is running fine
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    several Hours?

*nods*

You Have One.

Everybody gets ONE.
  • shadowkain666shadowkain666 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aversa1 wrote: »
    BUT THIS WAS MY SOMETHING ELSE TO DO FOR TONIGHT :(

I don't know enough about computers and such to know about server loads and all that but I feel like all the money that gets pumped into Cryptic's games could go to some kind of back up or .....more server space. I would be happy knowing some effort was going into that instead of a one-off special mission that needs to be replayed over the course of 21 days for rewards.

I understand your frustration, I really do. However, the poster you are replying to raises very valid points. In addition, while I am a programmer, I do know a fair bit of networking and I can say from experience that when dealing with networks, even minor problems can potentially take a while to diagnose and solve. Networking is a very delicate thing, and it is very high-stress-level kind of work.

It may be that there were/are a lack of backups, or a host of many other issues - the point I wish to add is that even if every single piece of hardware and software were running at peak efficiency, with backups, and a highly-trained and competent maintenance team performing regular maintenance, network issues will inevitably arise eventually, and their diagnosis and solving is very rarely quick and easy.

Try to be patient, as much as you can. I know for a fact that everyone currently working on fixing this issue is under a great deal more stress than you are, and they are also working hard to keep calm and patient, it's in a Networker's job description.
    e63e55c36223829a1ca86f1c34decbb41412849597_604x370.jpg
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's funny because they appeal to the same set of moral underpinnings as each-other, It's like viewing a Durer, Da Vinci and a Monet, the styles may be very different but the underlying beauty that draws the eye is the fabric on which all 3 are constructed.

In other words, don't hate, appreciate.

WTF man, LMAO - That's Geekdom at its best. Wow, what a comparison. :P
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    And the word on Boston Terrier puppies is...? ;)
    I'm not sure if I want to share a bounty of Boston Terrier puppies...
  • wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    solochris wrote: »
    well I agree, and for the record wasn't star trek first, then star wars came out and star trek did a movie of the back of it lol. but come on why do people always seam to think its one or the other. its like being given and apple and a banana and then getting told you must pick one as the best and the other must be thrown away as weak imitation, when clearly they are different. ok they both got star in their name big woop does that mean stars in their eyes should be added to the argument... ok taking it to far there but you get the point. erm what was I going to say I got sidetracked there...oh yeah Star Trek/Wars both are good and that's that.

*sigh, you cant 'force' star wars on me. LMAO.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited March 2014
    I've only been waiting for about 3 hours, I haven't read the entire thread. Has no one from Cryptic said anything? Normally when the game crashes we'll get an update or two.

If they gave us any info at all and said, "oops we'll have fixed by TRIBBLE." It would be a lot easier.
    But right now it looks like they just said, "TRIBBLE you guys. It's Friday we're going home."
    edited March 2014
    Updated that for ya. :)
    Touche. *sisterfive* ...hrm will have to think of something that's catchy.
  • doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As far as I can work out "The Force" is actually a form of energy communism.

all life breeds energy that powers the force, it's just that some life is able to channel and manipulate that energy. "The Force" itself has no sentience and thus if it has power it has no concious ability to use that power.

I've been looking at http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com/

If it's anything like X-Wing or Tie Fighter I'm in :D
    I gotta tell you, we used to have a word for people like you.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kargandarr wrote: »
    redshirt is running fine

The irony of a redshirt still running around alive is almost too much to take.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dunno about Star Wars sucking or not; but I certainly felt a great disturbance in the Force tonight, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly disconnected. I fear something terrible has happened.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Sneaky little bugger?
  • kreenklopskreenklops Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hope you guys get into the game soon .. bed time for me now.. nn
  • stuntpilotstuntpilot Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I guess it had to happen sometime ;)
    edited March 2014
    Quiet you. :P
  • wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014

quick! shoot him before one of US dies!
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited March 2014

Only if the gender referred to is the wrong one.
  • menstralchuncksmenstralchuncks Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wereley wrote: »
    quick! Shoot Him Before One Of Us Dies!

I Want Candy!!!!
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Weren't they often found inside there lockers with a brutal wedgy from your local neighborhood Jocks. :P

Revenge of the NERDS, now that's a classic :D
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's funny because they appeal to the same set of moral underpinnings as each-other, It's like viewing a Durer, Da Vinci and a Monet, the styles may be very different but the underlying beauty that draws the eye is the fabric on which all 3 are constructed.

In other words, don't hate, appreciate.

Yep. The big difference is the genre.

Star Trek is science fiction. Star Wars is space fantasy. I think that's where most people make the mistake. They're apples and oranges

You've got technical reasons for things in Star Trek and mystical, quasi-religious reasons for things in Star Wars.

As we've seen in the real world, science and religion haven't always gotten along overly much (although sometimes it does happen).

I've never seen the need to have the Trek/Wars fight. I'm a fan of Star Trek. I'm not a fan of Star Wars - but I can enjoy a decent story (which is why I can enjoy the original trilogy and freely revile the prequels).
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited March 2014
    wereley wrote: »
    quick! shoot him before one of US dies!

I was wearing a red shirt earlier today. My deepest, humblest apologies. I am now wearing a green shirt. Hope it helps things along.
  • sydusgreysydusgrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do you see what goes on in star trek? There is unity in mankind and they all work together to better themselves. There is no money and such. We all could learn from this. If the world would only open its eyes and see that instead of fighting with each other we should work together and better our species and ourselves. Working together to create a more superior world where no one person is dirts. Act as a team and help one another and strive to find that one answer. Are we really alone in this universe, let's go out there and find out!!!!!!!!
  • shadowkain666shadowkain666 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bohiap wrote: »
    I've only been waiting for about 3 hours, I haven't read the entire thread. Has no one from Cryptic said anything? Normally when the game crashes we'll get an update or two.

If they gave us any info at all and said, "oops we'll have fixed by TRIBBLE." It would be a lot easier.
    But right now it looks like they just said, "TRIBBLE you guys. It's Friday we're going home."

* What you actually mean by this is that you haven't read anything at all before posting. The very first post in this thread contains the relevant information pertaining to this issue. Please, at the very least, read it.
    e63e55c36223829a1ca86f1c34decbb41412849597_604x370.jpg
  • doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sydusgrey wrote: »
    just to let you into something about the whole hating star wars and star trek, well when you get a chance why don't you go look into who copied who as in the creation dates of each fanchise. Honestly I love both because if you look at both star wars and star trek they both have their own amazing stories and they both even have many books and movies and even comics. Why do anyone have to discriminate to either world of star wars or star trek. Just because someone may have copied or what ever, who cares! You are childish if you hate one or the other. You should appreciate both and see them for how much time, effot, and work went into those worlds. "If you judge others than you judge yourself and your beliefs."

So as I understand it, you think the FORCE is more powerful than DITHITIUM, its cool, just dont say that at a scifi convention, I might be lerking,
This discussion has been closed.