Comments

• Options
    wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cogentco.com?
  • Options
    artemida82artemida82 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, personally I 'm getting the impression that, at least for this evening, that we can just play the Star Trek with husbands or wives. Children can serve as a substitute for the Ferengi , the dogs again for Caitans , and neighbors we change the Klingon ... Or we'll coffee, a cigarette , a shower , then go to sleep with the belief that morning server normally go ...
    :D:rolleyes:
    tumblr_inline_oomvjpBt8H1qjixz5_500.gif

Writer and Author: victoriakanakaredes.webnode.cz

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
    (Socrates)
  • Options
    shreeashreea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kreenklops wrote: »
    And I was just thinking .. 40 minutes already, how long does it take them to reboot their machine?!

a long time reboot isnt like your computer its more alone the lone of every ones computer rebooting 10 of them not so bad but think of 30 thousand each one taking 45sec-to 2 mins thats a lot of time
  • Options
    varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    maxie56 wrote: »
    Earlier today at the sto server center ...

Jr. Developer: "What does this button do?"
    Sr. Developer: "NOOO DON'T PRESS THAT!"

Heh, like when CCP Tuxford accidentally shut down Eve. Mixed up his local server and the main cluster. XD
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Could we all apply to be community moderators that way we could tell anyone that reports a problem "it must be you"???
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Having the same issue as well.

From Arc, I click Play and the little window pops up...

Trying to update the launcher.
    Please be patient.
    Tried connecting 5 times.

I then get this message in another window...

Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problem persists, please contact Technical Support.

Click Ok and then both windows disappear and I have to start the process over.

But that's as far as it goes.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Ok... who forgot to feed the Hampster?
    This is also why I liked the Server Status light on the main site as well, so I don't have to find out the hard way!

Does this also affect Neverwinter's Hampster?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mtschoenhutmtschoenhut Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was finally able to get past the patch server, but now I can't get past the login server... :confused:
  • Options
    angryjonny55angryjonny55 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Launcher just loaded but login server still down. still a good sign though that its getting fixed
  • Options
    greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was finally able to get past the patch server, but now I can't get past the login server... :confused:

ditto, at least some progress
  • Options
    xlain23xlain23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In support of this thread,

I also cannot connect, and yes they should at the very least acknowledge there customers and inform us they are working on a fix asap.
    Still cant find an official post or news article yet.

Given they face I am a new Cryptic customer / STO player 20 days or less I have purchased subs and have also purchased Zen!.
    If they even fail to acknowledge this soon, and give positive feed-back then they are damaging the game / playerbase even further.

:(
  • Options
    bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well its getting better after a repatch reason I logged off in the first place and 45m of can't connect was able to repatch and get to logging into characters. Unfortunately the server status is still red so back to login after that ......................................... That's not it!
  • Options
    himijihimiji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    same issue i can load lanucher but unable to get connecting to login server
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I want to be a mod so I can deny that there is ever a issue:P
  • Options
    thedarkphenoixthedarkphenoix Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    eh, server/launcher down... these things happen in MMOspace unfortunately.

Just a shame that it had to happen in my limited time window that I have to play between work and bed. Ho hum. Have to say that some of the requests I've seen for free stuff have been rather silly. I think the most that we could expect (and honestly, all that I would want) is a day or two's extension on the Mirror Universe event. That way those of us with limited play time get the chance to complete it, while those with an excess of play time get to reward themselves with more dilithium by completing the event and getting the extra rewards for turning in the multidimensional transporters on those days. Win/win for everyone IMO.
    Original wave Lifetimer and Closed Beta tester.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    give them a chance :P its literally just hit me, and possibly you, they need time to react ^^

It litereally did just hit others too... at 9am this morning... on a weekday... before a weekend event...
  • Options
    purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I got the launcher to work but still can't connect to the login server. It appears to still be down.
  • Options
    spockaeusspockaeus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is 1635 hours est & have been unable to validate login. I was previously in game but had to logout for a bit. When try to log back in, get "Attempting to update launcher - attempt 1, 2, 3 ,4" etc & then final message unable to update launcher message. I reckon STO will be down for a bit yet?
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We were able to get the login servers up, however as the game is still not currently up, please do not try to login until I have information that the situation is more stabilized.

I assure you, Smirk and I will update you as soon as we hear that it is back up online. :)
  • Options
    yaminogaijin1691yaminogaijin1691 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sort it out you morons....Next tiem atleast give us some degree of a warning instead of TRIBBLE us over fromt he shadows.
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    /fake rant on

I DEMAND ALL THE COMPENSATION. I WANT AT LEAST 10 FLEET MODS AND 6,000 OF EACH REP MARKS AND 250,000 DILITHIUM (REFINED!!!!!) AND 4,000 ZEN IN COMPENSATION FOR YOUR SYSTEMS GOING OFF-LINE AND YOU LOSING MONEY!!

YOU'RE CUTTING INTO MY LEISURE TIME WITH YOUR SERVICE BEING OFFLINE!!!

DO EET NAAAAOW CRYPTIC!!!

/fake rant off
  • Options
    rabiddjwolverabiddjwolve Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You know it probably doesn't help that EVERYONE is trying to log in at ONCE. Talk about an elephant through the eye of a needle LOL. "She can't take any more she's gonna BLOW!":eek:
  • Options
    shreeashreea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    himble42 wrote: »
    Can't connect at all.... launcher won't launch as can't get past patch server :(

Didn't start the mirror event until late, so will be annoyed if I can't finish it because of this...

if it takes days they have always comped us in the past if not for more time of in my exp i lost a ship that was fazed out was given dilth and box of goodys they want us to play and keep playing so they try to keep us happy give it some time
  • Options
    xlain23xlain23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hmmmm,

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online

Patch server now showing up going to test
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OK, Chief O'Brien would have fixed the Iconian virus by now, so that can only mean one thing.

The new Klingon temp killed the server-running tribble!
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We were able to get the login servers up, however as the game is still not currently up, please do not try to login until I have information the the situation is more stabilized.

I assure you, Smirk and I will update you as soon as we hear that it is back up online. :)

*wishes he had seen this before trying again to log in from the in-game login screen*

Guess I'll close the game and wait.
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    artemida82 wrote: »
    ...the dogs again for Caitans...

Heretic! Everyone knows only cats can play Caitians.

BTW - Still sitting at login screen, connects to account server but still timing out on connecting to login server.
  • Options
    drdrahcirdrdrahcir Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same issue ..

Arc works .. initial startup of STO works but then times out at "planet & music " ..aaarrhh now thats a GREAT WAY of stopping us doing the daily alternate universe mission and getting the bonus :mad:
  • Options
    synnbadsynnbad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shenadren wrote: »
    If you need more ductape to hold the log-in servers together, I'd be happy to donate.:D

don't forget they need chewing gum as well lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Inside the server room!

Tech 1: My god who opened the Mirror Portal

Tech 2: I don't know but we need to shut it quick

Tech 3: Pulls out cord from server "JUST KIDDING"
This discussion has been closed.