test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DOff Pack Promo - Chance to win a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship (NOW ENDED)

Comments

• Options
    trillscientisttrillscientist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just a friendly warning, for those that want to buy packs on the exchange.

Cryptic has changed the way the JHAS can drop during the current promotion!!!!

This time around the ship and lobi are in a "wrapper-box" that got build around the normal "Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack".

This "wrapper" is called "Promotion! - Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack". This box contains the lobi or JHAS plus one normal "Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack".

THE INFORMATION IN THE ZEN STORE IS INCORRECT!!!!
    THE SHIP AND LOBY DO NOT DROP FROM THE "Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack"!!!!
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wouldn't worry, according to the blog, this events already completed. :P

"From now until server maintenance during the morning (PDT) of Thursday, April 10, 2013"
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry, according to the blog, this events already completed. :P

"From now until server maintenance during the morning (PDT) of Thursday, April 10, 2013"

The promotion's being run by Starfleet's Temporal Affairs department. :D
  • Options
    longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited March 2014
    The separation/extra container is a great idea for a "Quality of Life" improvement.
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    trillscientisttrillscientist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Great job moving my warning to a spot where nobody is going to notice it.

Instead of marking it important and then putting a link to this thread in there.

I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who saw the ingame-promo and the old (INCORRECT) zen store page and bought a few doff-packs.

SO PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP, put a warning up where people are acutally going to notice it (ZEN store page and ingame-promo banner).
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The promotion's being run by Starfleet's Temporal Affairs department. :D

LoL good catch! Timewarp time!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Might as well call this "Z-Store Online" because it's nothing more than a continued cash grab like SWTOR is with their cartel market...:mad:
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Good question, but reading is fundamental and the key to all your questions. Bolding and making yellow the important part: "...including the ability to contain bonus prizes during special Duty Officer promotions that affect this pack IF it is opened during that promotion."

This promotion DOES NOT affect this pack, therefore, no, this is not eligible. If there happens to be a promotion "that affects all" or "that affects the GQ Cadre", then it would be eligible.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So that means the cadre are useless....

"now-retired C-Store pack"

In the words of Eric Cartman: "Lame. Not Cool. Totally Lame."
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    turbografix16turbografix16 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sunseahl wrote: »
    So that means the cadre are useless....

"now-retired C-Store pack"

In the words of Eric Cartman: "Lame. Not Cool. Totally Lame."

I have to agree.
  • Options
    turbografix16turbografix16 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Good question, but reading is fundamental and the key to all your questions. Bolding and making yellow the important part: "...including the ability to contain bonus prizes during special Duty Officer promotions that affect this pack IF it is opened during that promotion."

This promotion DOES NOT affect this pack, therefore, no, this is not eligible. If there happens to be a promotion "that affects all" or "that affects the GQ Cadre", then it would be eligible.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Are any of these promotions being planned? I ask because, as you stated, they're planned well in advance of the actual occurance.
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ahhh the original make-no-sense OP STO ship. Before the Scimitar came along that is. You know, the random one off Reman ship from a Trek movie that is now the STO Romulan flagship???
    The interesting thing to me is that in the series, The Bug ship was a strength in numbers ship with like one or two beam arrays that was cannon fodder for a B-Rel or the Defiant yet here in our favorite game it blows both of those out of the water. Strange indeed.

Did the designers of this game watch that episode? I remember it clearly. Three Jem hadar Attack ships going head to head with Martok's B'Rel then promptly getting blown to bits by him. Why can't the best ships from the series that this game is based on be the best ships in said game? For the love of jebus.
  • Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are there now TWO Survivor packs. The Old one and a "Promotion! - Romulan Survivor Pack". If you right click on the later it states it gives you a chance to the Lobi or attack ship.

I am confused because the dev blog states that once you buy a pack from the C Store, a container will be placed in your inventory. So what are these new packs on the exchange and do they have a chance of rewarding a Attack Ship?
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, I got some lobi.. :o
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vamank wrote: »
    Are there now TWO Survivor packs. The Old one and a "Promotion! - Romulan Survivor Pack". If you right click on the later it states it gives you a chance to the Lobi or attack ship.

I am confused because the dev blog states that once you buy a pack from the C Store, a container will be placed in your inventory. So what are these new packs on the exchange and do they have a chance of rewarding a Attack Ship?

From what I'm hearing no.

Only the new ones that you buy from the c-store will contain a chance at the bug ship :mad:

So if you where like me and buying the Romulan Survivor packs off the exchange for the last couple of months thinking that this promo was coming back you'll be very disappointed :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just a friendly warning, for those that want to buy packs on the exchange.

Cryptic has changed the way the JHAS can drop during the current promotion!!!!

This time around the ship and lobi are in a "wrapper-box" that got build around the normal "Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack".

This "wrapper" is called "Promotion! - Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack". This box contains the lobi or JHAS plus one normal "Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack".

THE INFORMATION IN THE ZEN STORE IS INCORRECT!!!!
    THE SHIP AND LOBY DO NOT DROP FROM THE "Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack"!!!!

So the wrapper contains two boxes per se? Or is the wrapper just the box that contains the lobi or attack ship? And can the wrapper be sold?
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!1111one!111

Actually, they did phenomenal :) These promotions are planned out well in advance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

If they truly did phenomenal as stated...this is the most discouraging thing I've read to date regarding how they rolled the dyson out and potential trends for the future.

I like the galaxy pack but the dyson was tragic. The ship itself is great but if future cool ships are going to be rolled out like this because enough people will buy and grind them to make it worth it....I may just have to stop buying ships and making new toons.

Very sad :(
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    errab wrote: »
    From what I'm hearing no.

Only the new ones that you buy from the c-store will contain a chance at the bug ship :mad:

So if you where like me and buying the Romulan Survivor packs off the exchange for the last couple of months thinking that this promo was coming back you'll be very disappointed :mad:

Yeah, this almost bit me. I would have been doing this but thought they might come out with a new Doff Promo Pack by the time the next JHAS promotion hit, which would invalidate the Romulan Survivor ones. ...and they did invalidate them, but not in the manner I expected.

I feel your pain, since that easily could have been me!
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 244 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    Are any of these promotions being planned? I ask because, as you stated, they're planned well in advance of the actual occurance.

I'd tweeted Branflakes the other day asking when the event would be:
    Brandon Felczer ‏@PWE_BranFlakes Mar 10

@TBCSTO The line in the lock box blog was just there in case there is ever is an event that affects that pack, not that one is planned.

Really had been hoping for an event, 411 of the Cadre's stocked up.....
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    oh yes, just bought 4 packs, got the ship on opening the second
  • Options
    tryggvistryggvis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well i don't think this is far i have the Jem’Hadar Dreadnought Carrier. but in this game you can only use one ship at a time. having the the Jem’Hadar Dreadnought Carrier should allow you to buy the damn fighter from the c-store or what ever.
  • Options
    mamif3mamif3 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pet1e86 wrote: »
    oh yes, just bought 4 packs, got the ship on opening the second

Over 150 packs from the last few promos.

0 ships.

Not buying any this time.

Maby if the gal reboot was not halfassed bs and we were not in the middle of a grindpocalypse I would be looser with my wallet.

I'd rather buy useless gold in d3 than waste money on those odds.
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    spencerb96 wrote: »
    Really had been hoping for an event, 411 of the Cadre's stocked up.....

Isn't that like 113025 Zen worth? :eek: Y'all are some high rollers.
  • Options
    captainvallentcaptainvallent Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love this promotion and here's why:
    You know you're getting 10 Lobi right off the bat, regardless. So, lets say $220 (yeah, that's crazy, but, for argument's sake, I have the descretionary funds, I want that bug and, hey let's face it, Romulus and Sphere were free, so I owe them for the fun I've been having anyway) get's me 23200 zen (it was 10000 plus 600 bonus for $100; 2000 for $20)
    I buy 81 Rommie DOff packs and get 800 Lobi and (lucky me!) the bug.

So, now I have Lobi enough to buy the Jem Dread to go with my brand spankin new Jem Bug. Plus, I have extra zen to work the exchange for Dil to gear these bad boys up.

It kind of works.

Even if I don't go crazy and buy all that zen, even 10 packs nets me 100 lobi (not bad!) and other cool stuff from the packs themselves.
    d7s_small.jpg
  • Options
    odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just don't like the duty packs. They don't have enough extras for me to buy them which is why I'll stick with lock boxes.
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack"
    - Do these stack?

The reason I ask is I tried to get JHAS from a Gamma Quadrant Duty Pack Promo. Ended up with mailboxes on two accounts packed fully of DOffs (pre-mail nerf) and no ship :(:( :mad:
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 244 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    Isn't that like 113025 Zen worth? :eek: Y'all are some high rollers.

Nope, they're dropping from the Hirogen Lockbox. Spent around 120mil getting those.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Nah. I'm reasonably sure that it's in response to the JHAS shortage lately. There's been several threads popping up these days asking for it. Especially since the ship is over 850mil now. I think they want them rare, but not quite that rare.

Given how promotions are rolling these days - PWE said something.
  • Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    eagledraco wrote: »
    "Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack"
    - Do these stack?
    Yes, this Doff-pack that drops from the promotion box stacks.
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For a limited time, there is a chance to receive a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or Lobi Crystals when purchasing a Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack!

Read more details in our blog here.

~CaptainSmirk

You might want to try rephrasing things like this. It clearly reads that the DOFFs are actually the consolation prize.
This discussion has been closed.