test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DOff Pack Promo - Chance to win a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship (NOW ENDED)

13»

Comments

• thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Or the grand prize… a Suliban Cell Ship!

NOTE: With the above promotion running, it is possible to win the Suliban Cell Ship and the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship from a single Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack purchase.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3037383-duty-officer-pack-promo-is-live_
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why not just make a new pack? This whole thing was very unclear. The doff packs are flying on and off the market with a lot of confused and pissed off people. But as I said yesterday in the mirror thread. This is all part of PW attempt to drive the zen price back up. It's already up 5 dil in 5 hours. 140-150 is coming back.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Actually, they did phenomenal :)

Having a hard time believing that....
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A chance to win the door sto...I mean bug, ship!??? Well, golly!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have yet to get a strait answer. My two threads on the forums have been merged into large walls of text.

I see these "Promotion, Romulan Survivor Pack" on the exchange. I know these are clearly different from the old original Rommie packs. Do the "Promotion" packs are these the ones are bought from the C Store? AND do they have a chance to win a Attack Ship if BOUGHT from the exchange.

The Blog says clearly only the packs bought from the "C Store" can win the JHAS. Does buying a new pack from the C store and selling it on the exchange negate the pack's ability to reward the attack ship?

I am sorry to be daft here, but I am not going to spend close to a hundred million EC without a very clear answer.

If Brandon or Trevor would please make this clear for me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vamank wrote: »
    AND do they have a chance to win a Attack Ship if BOUGHT from the exchange.

Answer: NO

The C-Store one is a box-wrapper. Upon opening that box you get the Doff Pack and the chance at the Attack Ship.
  • ryuukentaryuukenta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Shouldn't the Gamma Quadrant Cadres be giving lobi atleast during this?

"This full-sized doff pack will contain the same officer selection found in the now-retired C-Store pack (1 Blue+, 2 Green+ and 4 White+), including the ability to contain bonus prizes during special Duty Officer promotions that affect this pack IF it is opened during that promotion."

Since they are giving just doffs, and it says it's already an active event.
    edited March 2014
    eagledraco wrote: »
    Answer: NO

The C-Store one is a box-wrapper. Upon opening that box you get the Doff Pack and the chance at the Attack Ship.

But you can buy the wrapper one off the exchange. I think his question is still valid. Is the chance for a bug basically "bound" to the person who bought the box and lost when they put it up for sale or is it bound to the box and thus PW description of how this event works flawed yet again?
  • hunterhamburghunterhamburg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Am i'm the only one who see's the picture about the Jem Hadar Attack Ship on the Arc webpage and ask myself:

Why is it flying upside down? :eek: and how can i archive it too - in game? :rolleyes:

:P

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/62/6e/626eaac258db68d7771f498c955424931394733120.jpg
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Am i'm the only one who see's the picture about the Jem Hadar Attack Ship on the Arc webpage and ask myself:

Why is it flying upside down? :eek: and how can i archive it too - in game? :rolleyes:

:P

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/62/6e/626eaac258db68d7771f498c955424931394733120.jpg

It's the Australian bug ship!
    edited March 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    But you can buy the wrapper one off the exchange. I think his question is still valid. Is the chance for a bug basically "bound" to the person who bought the box and lost when they put it up for sale or is it bound to the box and thus PW description of how this event works flawed yet again?

You're right, I bought one from the Exchange. Here's how it works:

White Box named "Promotion! - Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack"
    ---> Right clicking on this box and clicking Info states you get:
    - Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack
    - 10 Lobi or Chance at Jem'Hadar Attack Ship

---> This box is NOT BOUND and is on Exchange for 7.2 mill EC

---> Search under "Reward Packs" "Common" and type in Promotion!

Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack
    ---> Also a White Box, Not Bound, and found on The Exchange
    ---> Opening this box gives you the Romulan Survivor DOffs
    ---> NO Lobi, NO Chance at JHAS
  • xcal19xcal19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Have to say, burnt 50 bucks trying to get JHAS. Enjoy PWE, this is the first post I'lll make regarding the game, and I'm a player from the days when Cryptic ran the entire show. Bought the packs thinking with this much I should get one, but nope of course. I hope not too many people will try this, its a cashgrab and frankly its the last money PWE will ever see from me. Enjoy ripping people off, PWE.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xcal19 wrote: »
    Have to say, burnt 50 bucks trying to get JHAS. Enjoy PWE, this is the first post I'lll make regarding the game, and I'm a player from the days when Cryptic ran the entire show. Bought the packs thinking with this much I should get one, but nope of course. I hope not too many people will try this, its a cashgrab and frankly its the last money PWE will ever see from me. Enjoy ripping people off, PWE.

You would have better chance just getting buying it off the exchange rather than go for the gamble because this is just a way of cryptic getting your money
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • balnebalne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The packs are tradable, yes?
  • pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    balne wrote: »
    The packs are tradable, yes?

yes..........
    edited March 2014
    Has anyone run the odds on getting a JHAS yet? I know the one guy used to do all the lockbox odds and post the results on the forums before.
  • game5pockgame5pock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So to be clear; I can buy one of these packs off the exchange in two or three months and still have a chance at getting the Attack Ship?
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I got incredibly lucky and landed 2 JHAS in the last 3 days. Sold one for cheap to my buddy so that we can both fly around the dreads with JHAS carrier pets. I paid for sure though. I dumped about $50 into it and all of my EC and dilithium.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    According to my limited understanding, Cryptic gets most of their revenue from lockboxes. So, I expect these duty officer packs to be the same. I have zero luck in winning the actual lottery; therefore, I am not going to even attempt to buy these packs. I opened one lockbox, obtained a few lobi, and then I walked away. When I get a lockbox in a mission, I delete it once I am finished. Not worth the money.

I have better chances in being hit by lightening.
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xcal19 wrote: »

WElcome to lockboxes/doff promos. sorry to say, but you were asking for it. They been very obvious cash grabs since their creation.
    edited March 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    Has anyone run the odds on getting a JHAS yet? I know the one guy used to do all the lockbox odds and post the results on the forums before.

Not sure anyone really knows now since Cryptic says the JHAS odds "have been normalized" since it was first introduced. I know the first ones had odds of around 1 ship per 250 boxes opened.
  • kobayashikumihokobayashikumiho Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I work in the financial sector so I use Excel for everything related to PWI both on STO as well as NW. I keep really detailed records of every chance based thing purchased. The $250 or 1:250 per top prize is a very common theme on both of the games across most of the lottery based prizes.

When the Bug ship first came out, it was 125 Zen ($1.25 USD) to get a winter box and reports were that it was 1:250 boxes to get a ship. Now since the Doff packs are 275 Zen ($2.75 USD) and the odds have been adjusted to account for this, it takes 90.9 Doff packs to get 1 Bug ship.

Today I received the Bug ship on Doff pack 90.

90 Doff packs at $2.75 USD is $247.50.

I think this information is useful for people to know because it helps them make a more informed decision prior to engaging in a lottery mechanic.
  • maxfirepower1maxfirepower1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Always so stingy with the amount of attack ships given out. common give some more away. this is the only way to get them. by the time I get one it will be obsolete. open it up and give some away already.....COMMON , Give some away....!!!!!!!

Max
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I work in the financial sector so I use Excel for everything related to PWI both on STO as well as NW. I keep really detailed records of every chance based thing purchased. The $250 or 1:250 per top prize is a very common theme on both of the games across most of the lottery based prizes.

When the Bug ship first came out, it was 125 Zen ($1.25 USD) to get a winter box and reports were that it was 1:250 boxes to get a ship. Now since the Doff packs are 275 Zen ($2.75 USD) and the odds have been adjusted to account for this, it takes 90.9 Doff packs to get 1 Bug ship.

I think this information is useful for people to know because it helps them make a more informed decision prior to engaging in a lottery mechanic.

[Edited]

I was lucky on getting the bug ship once buying about 5 lockboxes - I'd never count on that happening again. But $247.50? I hope that rest of what you got was worth it...
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014

This is why I'm very cautious when buying lockbox keys and doff packs during these promos but I have noticed apart from the wells class ship (Which I hate the look off) all the ships are for tactical captains and since my KDF and RR character are the only one to be tacs I'd rather use faction specific ships or raiders and none of the lockbox ships are like that, and i use my Sci captain more.

I have never won the grand prize not even a tuffli or suliban cell ship and not really interested in the Jem Hadar if I was lucky to get one I would put it straight on the exchange as I'm not a fan I know it is possibly the best ship in the game at the moment but I prefer using sci powers rather than a ship which is a I win button.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krieg69krieg69 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi,

I'm very new(b) :P to the game. I just bought the Romulan Duty Officer pack.

I see the ships and bridge officer in my inventory.

Where can I find all the other goodies?

Cheers,

Krieg
  • yahtzeemanyahtzeeman Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Will the packs exist after the promotion ends? I want to hold on to the packs I buy so I can sell them on the exchange in a few months for loads of credits.
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Meh, just another way to scam people out of hundreds of dollars each... But it reminds me. Where's the Dominion? Surely the Gamma Quadrant's being attacked by the Undine now too? Why wouldn't they be helping in this whole effort - or if not, why haven't we heard a peep about them?
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Our Romulan Duty Officer Promotion ended this morning, and I hope lots of players out there got their hands on a ton of Lobi and a JHAS!

Congrats to those lucky few who won the big prize, and I look forward to flying by tons more bug ships out there in-game!

Until next promotion time, enjoy your rewards!

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.