test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DOff Pack Promo - Chance to win a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship (NOW ENDED)

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Our promotion is now over. There was a chance to receive a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or Lobi Crystals when purchasing a Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack!

Read more details in our blog here.

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hell. Yes.
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Here we go again...

Good luck to those participating, but I can't due to Being a touch low on cash...
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    heh thats cool only would get it for my jem dread but eh.

• Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow they really need money desperately it seems^^
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow they really need money desperately it seems^^

Nah. I'm reasonably sure that it's in response to the JHAS shortage lately. There's been several threads popping up these days asking for it. Especially since the ship is over 850mil now. I think they want them rare, but not quite that rare.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I see some rage coming your way cryptic.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This again? *yawn* I'd rather see another Lock Box key sale.
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    looks like i'll be buying some duty officer packs next month xD

cause at the rate i'm earning ec i'll be able to afford a JHAS at it's current 850 mil pricetag in ohh about 2 years :P :rolleyes:
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is the box you get with the pack (The one with the chance of Lobi or Jem) bound to character/account?

I might pick up a few of those, the price will skyrocket once the promotion ends
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dyson ships and Galaxy pack not doing so well it seems.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Dyson ships and Galaxy pack not doing so well it seems.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!1111one!111

Actually, they did phenomenal :) These promotions are planned out well in advance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Actually, they did phenomenal :) These promotions are planned out well in advance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

BRANDON'S BACK!!!!!

Can you save me from my inability to access the game? I keep hitting the "engage" button on the launcher and the game doesn't show up.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    BRANDON'S BACK!!!!!

Can you save me from my inability to access the game? I keep hitting the "engage" button on the launcher and the game doesn't show up.

Are you making the correct Picard hand gesture while hitting engage? :)

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

All hail Hypnotoad! ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    atlasmk7atlasmk7 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So you get the container with 10 lobi or Bug ship when you buy the packs from the C-store, but does that mean there is also a chance for the bug with the duty officer pack itself? Or is it only in the container?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    BRANDON'S BACK!!!!!

CNR (can not reproduce)

Working here on internal and external lines.

Try clearing your cache in IE, as the launcher uses IE. Other than that, please file a tech support ticket.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I already have one but that's good to see this little monster back.
    If you guys get one, keep it because it's gonna be your best friend for a while.

I also like how some shield visuals (like the Nukara one) makes it look like a tough little tank, which kinda fits how it's very resilient unlike the canon version which while tough enough to survive a crash mostly undamaged can't stand a couple of phaser shots.

The only bridge it can get is too small and ugly, though. Would be nice to be able to choose another... and to be able to leave it instead of staying confined with 2 Boffs like prisoners.

Will their story ever be expanded to why they were found or just speculative wormhole/temporal displacement/iconians/Q/Santa Claus?

And will the "alien" bridges ever get some love with the ability to leave them and explore the ship to meet the crew and set your trophies?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    CNR (can not reproduce)

Working here on internal and external lines.

Try clearing your cache in IE, as the launcher uses IE. Other than that, please file a tech support ticket.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Already filed a ticket. Will check IE, thanks.

EDIT: No luck. Really starting to fume, now, as I don't want to miss the MU event.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Incoming Priority One message from CaptainSmirk!

Buying old Romulan Duty Officer Packs from the exchange will NOT give you a chance to win the Jem'Hadar attack ship in our current promotion (or opening old ones). Only newly purchased packs will have the chance to win as the mechanic has changed. Make sure to read the details in our blog post to bring yourselves up to speed with this new information.

Good luck out there! I hope to see a bunch of new JHAS flying around very soon!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Soooo... the Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer Cadre aren't available for this promotion?

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3031043-season-8-dev-blog-_43

"We have also made an improvement to the Duty Officer Packs found in this Lock Box. In addition to the return of the Gamma Quadrant Mini-Pack last seen in the Dominion Lock Box, we’re also including a Full Size Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer Cadre as a possible prize in the Hirogen Lock Box. This full-sized doff pack will contain the same officer selection found in the now-retired C-Store pack (1 Blue+, 2 Green+ and 4 White+), including the ability to contain bonus prizes during special Duty Officer promotions that affect this pack IF it is opened during that promotion."
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

And why did you tell people in the hirogen dev blog that the gamma cadres in it would be eligible for promo events too?
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    And why did you tell people in the hirogen dev blog that the gamma cadres in it would be eligible for promo events too?

Good question, but reading is fundamental and the key to all your questions. Bolding and making yellow the important part: "...including the ability to contain bonus prizes during special Duty Officer promotions that affect this pack IF it is opened during that promotion."

This promotion DOES NOT affect this pack, therefore, no, this is not eligible. If there happens to be a promotion "that affects all" or "that affects the GQ Cadre", then it would be eligible.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok its safe to say the 100 buck ship pack did not sell as well as they thought. Time to dangle the ship shaped carrot in front of them for some money time. I don't mean to be Trollock Homes, but saw this coming a mile off. I am guessing they will alternate between this pop boat and the giant sex toy looking fail boat thing (it really needed to be a cruiser and not a flight deck thing). Oh well everyone throw YOUR and make it go away.

They just said they sold well, and this stuff is all planned out well in advance.

I predict the Jem'hadar ship will keep coming back time and time again regardless of what else is or is not selling.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How droll.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Good luck to those foolish enough to play this lottery again.

I don't have good luck, so I say **** this.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Including the unfixed and off centre lance?
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Including the unfixed and off centre lance?

Ask t he cryptic ship builders why they couldnt fix it. P.S. Lance is straight on Venture skin, so maybe they werent able to touch up the Gal-X with default skin?
  • Options
    mroverspawnmroverspawn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wonderful, more people gambling and filling my screen with obnoxious system messages of their success.
This discussion has been closed.