test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Mirror Invasion Event Has Ended!

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Mirror Invasion Event has ended! Players could jump in-game today to play our newly remastered Mirror Event and defend our universe from the forces of the Terran Empire! Check out our Dev Blog for full details!

Link to Blog

Due to popular demand, we extended the Mirror Event to 4/7 at 10AM PDT!

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mroverspawnmroverspawn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fun bug; if you close all the rifts while the mirror dreadnought has retreated through temporarily then it has no way to come back and the mission can't be finished.

Thanks for play-testing the mission first PWE, love having my time wasted.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Heh, got disconnected the first time it had to play the cutscenes after the event starts...was fine after the initial loading on one toon.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Mirror Invasion Event is Live! Jump in-game today to start playing our newly remastered Mirror Event and defend our universe from the forces of the Terran Empire! Check out our Dev Blog for full details!

Save Mirror Hakeev and earn your Multidimensional Transporters now!

Link to Blog

~CaptainSmirk

The mission is bugged when the mirror dreadnaught comes through I used my science ship to try and close the rifts and even thought he bar went across and should have closed the rift but it didnt I had to do it 6-7 times before it closed and by that time when I moved onto the second rift the tacs in the team had already destroyed the dreadnaught. So yet again this is a mission for tacs as it seems the closin rifts and possibly the eng side of the missions seemed to be bugged. I don;t know what your quality team were doing when they tested it but there not doing there job properly.

Get this sorted as this kind of bug will make me stop the grind because is makes the mission pointless if you can't do what your ship does best.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Fun bug; if you close all the rifts while the mirror dreadnought has retreated through temporarily then it has no way to come back and the mission can't be finished.

I'm beginning to think that we are the testers as every mission they have when it goes live is bugged to hell and now we have to wait till next thursday before these bugs are sorted
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thanks for the alert. As far as I know, the Dreadnought should b able to re-enter on it's own, but I am looking in to this to see if it's a prob.

Will post more details as I get them.

Thanks!
    ~CaptainSmirk
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just got confirmation that the team is investigating these issues.

Thanks for your patience everybody, I will update you again when I get more news.

~CaptainSmirk
  • mikenight00mikenight00 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for this event Cryptic. The 50k Dilithium is much appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Never Forget 5/21
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bugs aside, I love the event!

More like this one!
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the alert. As far as I know, the Dreadnought should b able to re-enter on it's own, but I am looking in to this to see if it's a prob.

Nope. Totally can't as no doubt your team has found out based on your next post.

Still, fun event despite the bugs. Love how each class has things they do better.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kodiakjorgenssonkodiakjorgensson Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    is the dreadnought glitched too? it seems to turn into an odyssey star cruiser after the cut scene of being a Gal-X
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    The mission is bugged when the mirror dreadnaught comes through I used my science ship to try and close the rifts and even thought he bar went across and should have closed the rift but it didnt I had to do it 6-7 times before it closed and by that time when I moved onto the second rift the tacs in the team had already destroyed the dreadnaught. So yet again this is a mission for tacs as it seems the closin rifts and possibly the eng side of the missions seemed to be bugged. I don;t know what your quality team were doing when they tested it but there not doing there job properly.

Get this sorted as this kind of bug will make me stop the grind because is makes the mission pointless if you can't do what your ship does best.

Do not move your ship, stay still when closing.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I tried both elite and regular. Both are quite fun!
    Closed a lot of rifts with science ship on regular and got about the same marks as elite.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    is the dreadnought glitched too? it seems to turn into an odyssey star cruiser after the cut scene of being a Gal-X

I've had both types of dreads appear, although it always show the Galaxy-X in the cutscene.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I've had both types of dreads appear, although it always show the Galaxy-X in the cutscene.

I got the Odyssey in a cutscene.
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Do not move your ship, stay still when closing.

As I said nothing interrupted it I was standing still not moving or being fired upon and it would not close
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014

yeah, that's some kinda mistake, i once got an Oddyssey cutscene and a Galaxy Dreadnought and once the other way ;)
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I haven't had a chance to try it, but I had a question. I know that the rewards for the event rep system can only be obtained once every 20 hours. However, does the mission itself have a separate cool down to allow us to keep replaying it to get the regular rewards?
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    I haven't had a chance to try it, but I had a question. I know that the rewards for the event rep system can only be obtained once every 20 hours. However, does the mission itself have a separate cool down to allow us to keep replaying it to get the regular rewards?

Yes - 25 minutes
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    BTW, somebody needs to tell the station commander about the glory of battle. Or maybe about villains that need to surrender. Or maybe about how Millennium City is his home now, and that he will protect it with his life.

(yes, the voice for the station commander is Ironclad from Cryptic's Champions Online - either that or it REALLY sounds like him)
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What's the cool down on the Multidimensional Transporters? Is it a 20 or 24 hour timer? (blog says "once a day")

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is it working as intended that my own abilites interupt the rift closing?
    Bridger.png
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Umm.. How many times am I got to have to watch that cut scene?

The first one is skip-able, which is great. The second one, isn't. After five times I know there's a Gal-X coming through the rift and it can warp out. Now 5x 14= Far to many hours lost!

I'm already fed up with it after today. By the end of the week I think I'll be dismissing my Gal-X...
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I must say after playing the new mirror mission on 6 chars i already have enough of it.. such a bad mission i'm propably going straight back to stfs... its basically like the vault ensnared just flying around doing this or that, small battles here and there.. the old one was much better imo

• kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Unfortunately the even takes entirely too long to be a log in daily event. I have 3 main toons that I play. If i want to do the 14 day run, then I have to take almost a full hour of my time just to repeat a mission 3 times.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Unfortunately the even takes entirely too long to be a log in daily event. I have 3 main toons that I play. If i want to do the 14 day run, then I have to take almost a full hour of my time just to repeat a mission 3 times.

Agreed, the timer on the first part should be cut in half, or removed entirely. Maybe have it progress to the end boss after you get the station defenses fully powered up or something.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Really like this.

I do think that the timer is too long though. I had several matches earlier where my team and I were just flying around doing nothing for 3-4 minutes. We had the base at level 5 and had popped all the rifts. I think it really needs to be shortened.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its fun to fly in a shuttle.
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    purvee1 wrote: »
    Umm.. How many times am I got to have to watch that cut scene?

The first one is skip-able, which is great. The second one, isn't. After five times I know there's a Gal-X coming through the rift and it can warp out. Now 5x 14= Far to many hours lost!

I'm already fed up with it after today. By the end of the week I think I'll be dismissing my Gal-X...

At least you don't have 29 X 14... XD I'm sorry, but do the calculations...that is too much dil to say no to!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I must say after playing the new mirror mission on 6 chars i already have enough of it.. such a bad mission i'm propably going straight back to stfs... its basically like the vault ensnared just flying around doing this or that, small battles here and there.. the old one was much better imo
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its fun to fly in a shuttle.

Isn't that called griefing?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)