test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan wishlist!

Comments

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A Security Officer on New Romulus? If there is one there I haven't found them ... Currently either having to go to my Fleet Starbase, or Qo'nos/ESD ...

(this will never happen)

A Tal Shiar Story Arc?

As it stands the "flow" of the current story basically forces you to be against the Tal Shiar, but what if you agree with them? Perhaps not their methods, but their goal in general is the Protection, Rise and possible Ascension of the Romulan people, so is that really all that much different to Section 31, who are portrayed as "good guys"?
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    A Security Officer on New Romulus? If there is one there I haven't found them ... Currently either having to go to my Fleet Starbase, or Qo'nos/ESD ...

(this will never happen)

A Tal Shiar Story Arc?

As it stands the "flow" of the current story basically forces you to be against the Tal Shiar, but what if you agree with them? Perhaps not their methods, but their goal in general is the Protection, Rise and possible Ascension of the Romulan people, so is that really all that much different to Section 31, who are portrayed as "good guys"?

There is no Security Officer at New Romulus Command. I failed to include that in my first post in this thread, but I have supported the request previously (and I still do).

I'm pretty sure D'Tan and the New Romulan Republic have the goal of protecting and re-establishing the Romulan people as a major power.

One other thing I failed to mention in my first post in this thread in connection with my call for a T5 Romulan D7 with the Bird-of-Prey decal as seen in the remastered edition of "The Enterprise Incident," but which I have requested more than once in the past, is the development of an interior which looks like that of the D7 flagship seen in the same episode (original and digitally remastered). I definitely want those interiors on a T5 Romulan D7.
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Another thing I'd like to see (a really minor thing) is the Scimitar NPCs with green hull material. The jet-black versions don't look very Romulan; I can't picture Sela flying around in one. Same with the Falchion: would the Republic really choose a scary black dreadnought as their flagship?

Well, the Scimitar was a Reman ship, and Remans like black.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    Well, the Scimitar was a Reman ship, and Remans like black.

Yeah, but would Sela really be okay with painting her flagship in Reman colors?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, but would Sela really be okay with painting her flagship in Reman colors?

An Imperial Romulan would not do that, unless they suddenly started to worship Remans out of the blue. Or perhaps they have started to act like this Republic, completely reversed, and abnormally fond of everything. ;)

---
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Would also like them to change the aqua blue on some of the Romulan fleet texture parts to either yellow , green or red. The blue is just awful looking and looks totally out of place with the rest of the texture.:(
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • serenitysalanderserenitysalander Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    An Imperial Romulan would not do that, unless they suddenly started to worship Remans out of the blue. Or perhaps they have started to act like this Republic, completely reversed, and abnormally fond of everything. ;)

---
    My Scimitar isn't painted black, it's a pale green colour and the hull looks kind of borg-like. (I named my Romulan Empress Sela and I am going for a Sela theme for her)

My Romulan Wishlist:
    - Full Tal Shiar Uniforms
    - More Romulan uniforms and outfits in general.
    - More variety in hair options.
    - More purely Romulan story lines
    - It may be a stretch but I would like to see Romulans not to have to align themselves with either the Federation or Klingons.
    - When we do eventually have to align ourselves with a faction, I would like to see that faction's uniforms and clothing options be available to me.
    - Being able to discharge Torven
    - More ship interior options
    - Being able to set up your own trophies on your ship
    - On the Scimitars (at least) make actual ship decks (main level, engineering, etc.)
    - More playable species.
    tumblr_inline_nqn574h3sb1qhuwtq_540.jpg
    Name: Meaghan

Fleets: Tal'Diann, Imperial Romulan Fleet, Axanar Marines, LGBT of Starfleet, House of Ta'al

Characters: Dhivael i'Ratleihfi t'Kamemor (Rom-KDF), Empress Sela(Rom-Fed), V'alkris Morath(Fed), Kara Thrace(Fed), Jaeih Piccolo(Rom-Fed), Ellaria(KDF), Zylim Dukat(Fed)
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure D'Tan and the New Romulan Republic have the goal of protecting and re-establishing the Romulan people as a major power.

I've heard comparisons of the RSE to that of the Roman Empire, and the RR to the Roman Republic. Then again, respectively, they could be compared to the Italian Empire and the Italian Social Republic. Just saying.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
    edited March 2014
    bltrrn wrote: »
    I've heard comparisons of the RSE to that of the Roman Empire, and the RR to the Roman Republic. Then again, respectively, they could be compared to the Italian Empire and the Italian Social Republic. Just saying.

Except that of the two, the one most consistent with Fascism is the later RSE, and not the NRR.

I think a more accurate comparison than the Italian Empire and Italian Social Republic is the British Empire of the mid to late 1700s and the American Colonies / early United States (even to the point of the commanding general of the Revolutionaries becoming the first President under the Constitution).
    edited March 2014
    Completely off topic but I have no idea where to put this: who has read Rihannsu? Is it a good read?

Fleets: Tal'Diann, Imperial Romulan Fleet, Axanar Marines, LGBT of Starfleet, House of Ta'al

Characters: Dhivael i'Ratleihfi t'Kamemor (Rom-KDF), Empress Sela(Rom-Fed), V'alkris Morath(Fed), Kara Thrace(Fed), Jaeih Piccolo(Rom-Fed), Ellaria(KDF), Zylim Dukat(Fed)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, one thing to remember is that not all cultures on Earth associate black with death. Some, such as the Japanese, associate white with death.

Wasn't that the Koreans..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Wasn't that the Koreans..
    the Japanese are an example of one culture that does that. there's probably more than one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited March 2014
    My Scimitar isn't painted black, it's a pale green colour and the hull looks kind of borg-like. (I named my Romulan Empress Sela and I am going for a Sela theme for her)

So that was you! I believe we almost had a little chat in the "New Romulus Command Center" zone chat. Carry on your Highness!

Got one of those ships stowed away somewhere, and it likes to think it is shining white. Not necessarily by choice (bugged cosmetics). The irony will always find its way in this world. Or any world!

---
    edited March 2014
    So that was you! I believe we almost had a little chat in the "New Romulus Command Center" zone chat. Carry on your Highness!

Got one of those ships stowed away somewhere, and it likes to think it is shining white. Not necessarily by choice (bugged cosmetics). The irony will always find its way in this world. Or any world!

---
    I am always hanging around New Romulus Command :p. Also I plan on Cosplaying Sela next year probably

edited March 2014
    Completely off topic but I have no idea where to put this: who has read Rihannsu? Is it a good read?

It's awesome. Might not be too much to Sela's liking, though.
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is only one thing on my Romulan wishlist:

Give players the option to dismiss Tovan Khev from our ship just like all the other free BOffs that are available in the game!

I appreciate that the devs gave Romulan players a nice BOff to start with and they tried something new by making this BOff a bigger part of the initial Romulan storyline. However, it doesn't change the fact that most players view our ships and crews as OUR ships and OUR crews ... we don't want to be forced to keep a BOff if we don't want that BOff.

I've been angry about the fact that Tovan is mandatory since LOR launched last year. I made a Reman toon and wanted to make an ALL-REMAN bridge crew to roleplay as a Reman freedom fighter who hates his former oppressors ... but I can't do that because I'm forced to have Tovan.

If he was optional like all the other BOffs then I wouldn't hate him ... I wouldn't even give him a second thought. Unfortunately, every time I play my Reman or Liberated Borg Romulan toons I'm reminded of this jerk who hangs out on my bridge and won't go away.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What I'd like?

- More of the awesome from here: http://jag-artist.org/characters-and-creatures
    - Fixed dual pauldrons for Romulan females.
    - Romulan Fleet material for my Fleet Ar'kif available in Ship Tailor.
    - Ar'kif annihilation beam made uninterruptable (like Tachyon Beam or the Vesta's phaser deathray).
    - Romulan shipyard on par with the Fed ESD shipyard or the KDF Qo'nos shipyard, with exterior view showing off newer ships on display... rather than a recycled Embassy shuttlebay.
    - R'Mor-class temporal warbird given battlecloak (with appropriate hull/shield reduction in comparison to its Fed/KDF equivalents).
    - Better specular on Republic Neutral uniform. Tiaru Jarok's undershirt from poster art.
    - Seriously, more of this: http://jag-artist.org/characters-and-creatures
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ... a little birdy posted in one of the Bug reports threads in regards to Omega Rep gear, that Season 9 is perhaps bringing some updates or fixes to Tailor and Costume Unlock options ... I can only hope this is true ...

I'd still just really like to see, an "open" or unrestricted colour palette for all Romulan costumes, whether they be Romulan Colonial, ImpR, RR, IR, Tal Shiar, Fed aligned or KDF aligned ...

All costume options open to ALL player races AND BoFF's - With the exceptions being:

a) Romulan-Klingon uniforms (Only unlocked after choosing a faction)
    b) Romulan-Federation uniforms (Only unlocked after choosing a faction)
    c) CANNOT wear the "canon' Starfleet Uniforms or Klingon Academy Uniforms. ( you didn't attend those worthy institutions, so you should NOT be able to wear the uniforms)

Ohh ... And let my toon wear whatever Boots, Pants, Skirts, Tops, Gauntlets, Pauldrons, Sashes in whatever combination I like !!!!
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wouldn't dislike being able, as a Federation-aligned Romulan, having access to the Klingon-Aligned Romulan uniforms.

How?

Grant access to those through the Diplomacy/Marauding commendation rewards. It's not like we get the diplomatic outfit the Feds get, after all.

Also, the Romulan-KDF uniforms look pretty slick - arguably better than the Federation ones. I actually would really like getting access to those too.
    edited March 2014
    And Make-Up options for men and males

• rexyfrexyf Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For my KDF Romulan and Reman characters to be able to use the FULL KHG Costume. my KDF Fem-Rom has the MK XI, XII, and Adapted XII KHG costume sets unlocked, but she can't add the upper-arm guards in the tailor. I don't have the Elite costume, since I don't like the armor bits enough to bother. (miiiight bother if I hear they've fixed the cleavage window)

Same problem with the XII Omega set.
  • nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Romulan beam out animations to be fixed
    Romulan warp out animations to be fixed
    Romulan vet ship animations to be fixed
    Romulan security officer at new romulus to turn in contraband
    Romulan doff exchange to award Romulan doffs (ONLY Romulan doffs not allied faction)
    Romulan liberated borg to be fixed (Romulan face tattoos, hoods, infected ears, nanite trait, etc)
    Romulan BOFFs to be fixed (shared allegiance with captain, no KDF for fed or vice versa)
    That's all I can think of off the top of my head, oh, and more sci ships.
    edited March 2014
    Romulan security officer at new romulus to turn in contraband

And captured Changelings.
    Romulan doff exchange to award Romulan doffs (ONLY Romulan doffs not allied faction)

You mean "Romulan and Reman," don't you?
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    Except that of the two, the one most consistent with Fascism is the later RSE, and not the NRR.

I think a more accurate comparison than the Italian Empire and Italian Social Republic is the British Empire of the mid to late 1700s and the American Colonies / early United States (even to the point of the commanding general of the Revolutionaries becoming the first President under the Constitution).

I know this. But, as an Imperial, I tend to accuse the RR of not being a democracy, even though the RSE is not exactly one either.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes proto, sorry, Remans as well. Guess I never thought of that since I've never gotten a reman doff there from any missions. Go figure, they're only the other species choice for the faction unless you're LTS and they don't have a doff mission.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Romulans getting a half decent D'Deridex, and not a "jack of all trades, master of none".

Oops, 12 months too late...
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
    edited March 2014
    Romulans getting a half decent D'Deridex, and not a "jack of all trades, master of none".

Oops, 12 months too late...

Let's have more variants of the D'deridex then. Surely such an iconic ship (not iconian), should be offered in more than one stale and rigid form, eternally captured in time!

---
    edited March 2014
    Yes proto, sorry, Remans as well. Guess I never thought of that since I've never gotten a reman doff there from any missions. Go figure, they're only the other species choice for the faction unless you're LTS and they don't have a doff mission.

I must have just been lucky, then.

You do know there's a console at New Romulus Command Center that will give you Romulan Republic faction DOffs, yes? It gives Romulans, Remans, Sulibans, and Acamarians (I don't think Feds or KDF get Sulibans or Acamarians, and as far as I'm concerned, they are sort of "unofficially" allied with the Republic), or at least I've never gotten any other type of DOff from that console. If you don't want the Sulibans and Acamarians, you can always contribute them to fleet holding projects. If you're willing to do the one that costs dilithium, I think you only get Romulans and Remans -- at least, that's how I remember my experience with that one, but I've done this one only seldom (1-3 times, I guess), because most of my dilithium goes to other things (my fleet holding projects first, my reputation projects second, and the purchase of gear third), so I might be remembering it inaccurately. It is, however, named in a way that suggests you only get personnel from New Romulus, and I don't believe I've ever seen any Sulibans or Acamarians there.
  • spoondogglespoondoggle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The ability to use our allies' T5 ships would be nice, or co-designed hybrid ships at that level. I wouldn't mind the option of giving up the singularity abilities for greater power distribution flexibility, but without having to ditch the battle cloak, and I'd like that to be a viable option after lvl 40.
    The ability to give allied faction officers the Romulan version of their uniform, as well as off-duty options for them, would be good too, as it would either help maintain a consistent uniform for the whole crew, or avoid making them stand out among a paramilitary crew in mostly civilian dress. Also, more options to signify rank, partly because those pauldrons that make my captain feel ridiculous, but mostly because she wants pips on her federation tunic so she can fit in with all the cool kids on ESD.

The ability to do the optional objectives on Facility 4028, and any other missions where we might be similarly limited, would be rather nice, too.
    I'm not a Romulan doctor, but I play one on STO.
  • maarchsmaarchs Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    Ok, so in this thread, you can list what you think the Romulans need.

For me, I want:
    More science ships. Seriously, in TNG Romulans where quite sci oriented
    More Tal Shiar uniform options
    Romulan starbases (look in my sig)
    Romulan Omega rep gear
    Also, If I'm playing a Romulan, I want to be treated like a Romulan. As in, when I finished the '2800' FE arc, Kurland (here) said 'I'll tell *blah blah* to save a barrel of bloodwine for you'. Eeewww, Bloodwine? No thanks. It should be changed to 'Romulan ale'.

Anyway, feel free to list what you want to see for this faction:

I would like to see in game improved time by time:
    New Romulus world;
    Romulan starbase - this should be finally made, agree to others
    Some more Romulan ground gear
    A new mission that is connected with Romulan space and world. (just like as "A step between worlds")
    For me- more interesting is to add some new features to faction that players are playing, so game is enjoyable more and more - since I am lifetime subscriber - I would enjoy that.
    When You observe, learn from it.