test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan wishlist!

jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Romulan Discussion
Ok, so in this thread, you can list what you think the Romulans need.

For me, I want:
More science ships. Seriously, in TNG Romulans where quite sci oriented
More Tal Shiar uniform options
Romulan starbases (look in my sig)
Romulan Omega rep gear
A security Officer on New Romulus Command
Also, If I'm playing a Romulan, I want to be treated like a Romulan. As in, when I finished the '2800' FE arc, Kurland (here) said 'I'll tell *blah blah* to save a barrel of bloodwine for you'. Eeewww, Bloodwine? No thanks. It should be changed to 'Romulan ale'.

Anyway, feel free to list what you want to see for this faction:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jmaster29 on

Comments

• Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd like to see-

1) A Romulan ground set (available through Rom rep system?)
    2) More ground-ish looking uniform options
    3) A more 'practical' dress uniform
    4) Ranks on uniforms - other than caps and shoulder pads.
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    jazonshay1983jazonshay1983 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My wishlist:

- Romulan Starbases

- No alliances with FED or KDF

- More sci ships

- Reputation Romulan costumes (like Maco and Honor Guard)

- more Romulan Looking LCars UI

I do NOT want 3-way-PVP (FED vs KDF vs Rom) since this seems to be the "hard to realize" point for Cryptic. I'm fine with making all the PVP queues cross faction like the shuttle pvp queue and consider all PVP matches as "holodeck training". This could be a win-win situation for the players and Cryptic, because ther would be a free and full Romulan faction and no need to make 3 way pvp for Cryptic.
  • Options
    rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Goshdarn you iPad touch interface....there goes my entire post...grrrr.

Okay retypyting again...

If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season...

First some background. I am a lifer since before beta...stayed with the game through the ups and downs. The Romulan faction brought me back into regular play after a long break.

This was the first time I tried the endgame (Reputation) system. And the first time I put up with the griefing and ninja play for Omega marks.

So after grinding this...got enough Rep for new armor and sidearm.
    Tried out the carbine...it is the same graphic asset as the Jem'Hadar but okay it is a little different.

Put the armor on and...Rommie is still wearing starting farmer duds.

So back to my wish.

Please allow my Rommie to wear armor. It is a small vanity thing...but it is a big thing for players like me :D

If I had two wishes... :)
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would like:
    - To be able to delete Tovan Khev.
    - More imperial / Tal Shiar clothes.
    - An option to define character as an imperial. (No RRF Class icons)

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ships, of course. The dyson was huge but we could still use one more true sci ship, not as urgently as before but it would be 'nice'. Not sure about a cruiser -- we have none with commands, but that may be too much if it also had singularity & stealth. Absolutely need a 2 bay carrier still.

Playable races. You can do anything as an alien, sure, but a few more would be nice.

Redistribute the ground marks. Yea, raising an epohh is easy to do, but if each area had a once a week task that gave 100 marks (including the epohh) folks would DO the other areas and feel rewarded for the effort. I did them once to see what it was about and never again, because the time to reward ratio is so low. The radiation game is cool but it takes hours to do what 10 min of epohhs spread over a week can do.

Variety of gear: I can barely even tell the difference between the reman and romulan space gear. They should have a little more distinction.

Continuation of the story. I realize the roms are busy with the new planet and the sphere, but there still should be something going on with them with the 'war' and all as well.
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    -Independence (meaning faction)
    -Romulan specific omega rep armor
    -"Bird like" hull for the Scimitar (yes, really!!)
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Rep outfits unlocking n all the parts been there
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. Rep ground set
    2. Costumes
    3. see #2
  • Options
    ridinginkridingink Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As what others have said, More Science ships, and imperial uniform options.(They already have them made...just add them to the C-Store)

Also I would like to see Romulan STF gear, that would be really cool.

Also editing the older FE missions like another said to make sense from a Romulan perspective.
    bb8ec35.png

• Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A nightclub at New Romulus Command (there are unused doors in the Command Center any one of which could be opened up to provide access to a nightclub)

A Romulan Academy

A Romulan Senate Building (even an exterior plainly labelled as such would suffice)

More Science ships

A Full Carrier

T'varo Warbirds as Hangar Pets

Keep the alliances, but make the faction a full faction (Romulan Republic, not Tal'Shiar; if those who favor the ghost of the Empire want a faction, it should be entirely separate from the Romulan Republic and would not have alliances with the Feds or the KDF, and it should be "Tal'Shiar" rather than "Romulan Star Empire" -- nor should it be "Imperial Romulan State," and Donatra wouldn't be part of a Tal'Shiar faction even if she were liberated, unless her character has been so warped by her assimilation as to result in an entirely different personality)

More costumes and fix the bugs with the current costumes (also expand the KDF color palette to the full color palette; even if Klingons are color-blind, the Orions are not, and neither are their Romulan allies)

Open the Capitol City on ch'Mol'Rihan to Romulan Republic players (you can put the Academy and Senate Building in there), and add another nightclub there

Romulan aesthetic options for Fleet Holdings, especially for the Starbases (as proposed here)

Fix the missions so that members of the Romulan Republic faction are not referred to by NPCs as if they were Starfleet or Klingons
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    -Romulan faction rep specific elite gear. We're Romulan not federation or Klingon lackies we should dress accordingly.

-Romulan full carrier.

-Bridge options.

-*cough cough*An empire<.<>.>
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    -Not being treated as a Fed/KDF in any conversation.

-A security officer on New Romulus

-An Academy like, maybe using the Flotilla ? Including all the missions KDF/Fed academy have. The "cultural exchange" being Romulan, Reman and allied/Suliban/Acamarian (whatever is best lore wise)
    -No access to DOFF missions in your Allied academy, or mutually exclusive with the Rom academy

-A Romulan BORG costume set. Maybe something with emphasis on sneak ? At least make a unique design, even if they have the same capacities than the OMEGA/Honor Guard. I don't want to have the Klingon flag on my back as a Romulan.
    -No access to honor Guard/OMEGA costume, unless you do the adapted MACO.
    -Same for space set.

-A Romulan Fleet uniform, unique, and common to both KDF and Fed Romulan

-Another reward from the Romulan FE. A non customizable Reman with poor traits is a lame reward when you are Romulan. Maybe have a Suliban/Acamarian unique BOFF. If the Fed/KDF want it, make it unique and mutually exclusive with the Reman, and available to them.

-Android BOFF using Romulan costume in the tailor, not fed. But I think the KDF have the same problem.

-A special bonus for Romulan Reputation. Starting as low as the fed/kdf when you did everything we do in the storyline makes no sense.

-Fix tailor bugs (so many I won't enumerate them).

That's all I can think right now, but that would be a good start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lists are fun. My current "quasi-sane" top three:

REAL Romulan Starbases. Tired of half-measures and endless compromise! Tired of serving Overlords! Tired of being a subservient subdued subspecies substantially supremely superfluously submissively subversively submerged!

The ability to convert Romulan DOFFs into other Romulan DOFFs, without spending tons of DILITHIUM on XENO That you absolutely do not want!

More I. R. W. older ships. I can't stand the new ones. And there is indeed not enough science ships. I mean, apart from those overly fancy new ones! Which cannot even be painted properly. And cannot have the I. R. W. prefix! And you can't remove weaponry from them! It is all about not, and very little of it is hot!

---
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nemesis uniforms
    ground set unique visuals
    Fleet Starbase uniform, since I paid for it already and got nothing
    D'Deridex and Ha'apax getting a boost or reboot
    Boost Romulan set, mainly shields, its not romulan specific as its rep system but I want to use it more on my Rom.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    - Our own mission givers. I hate having to report to T'Nae and Franklin Drake when I should be speaking to Nevala or Kererek.
    - Bird-of-prey decal available to ALL warbirds.
    - More bridge/interior options, some of them Reman.
    - The ability to use the Romulan and Reman hull materials on allied ships (Federation and Klingon). Okay, it's a long shot, but it would be awesome.
    - Stop spawning Federation/KDF officers on my bridge! I'm flying a Republic vessel, I want Republic crewmembers only!
    - The ability to dismiss Tovan Khev. I like him, but sometimes I want my own unique crew.
    - Reman females that actually look like Remans. I know we have the option to change them, but they should look like Remans by default.
    - Please make clear that our allies are allies only. I'm not joining Starfleet, I just want their support.

More to come.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    - Bird-of-prey decal available to ALL warbirds.

I definitely adore this idea. Although I also still want a T5 Romulan D7 (with the Bird-of-Prey decal as seen in the digitally remastered edition of "The Enterprise Incident").
  • Options
    umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    I definitely adore this idea. Although I also still want a T5 Romulan D7 (with the Bird-of-Prey decal as seen in the digitally remastered edition of "The Enterprise Incident").

I also like this idea.
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ummm ...

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

Plus, either make a VISIBLE distinction or get rid of, the BoFF restrictions on outfits for Romulan BoFF's i.e. If you buy a BoFF from the exchange, was the captain KDF or FED aligned?

Because you cant tell until you go to the tailor, and find that your new BoFF can only wear one or the other type of outfit or only has a "Klingon" colour palette ... But I guess that comes under tailor bugs so ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    sharksinspacesharksinspace Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since it is the only thing I haven't seen that I want: a Romulan exclusive time travel mission (maybe to Romulus).
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since it is the only thing I haven't seen that I want: a Romulan exclusive time travel mission (maybe to Romulus).

That would be too heartbreaking for my Rom Girl ... She's a Refugee of Romulus, and seeing the world of her birth restored, even if it's a different temporal version, would be too much ...

Like how hard it was to see Tasha (or version of her) alive, after her senseless death ... The tears, they would flow copiously ... I would perhaps be even as emotionally disturbed as Nero ...

Come to think of it though ... It would make for some, perhaps, very interesting and deep missions, provided it was written properly ... I'm not sure I'd trust Cryptic with it though ... Maybe the person/people who did the Sword of Kahless missions ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As said by others a full carrier. As it is I am not tempted by the Scimitar nor the tactical "carrier", I just keep hmming and haring over them. I would snap up a carrier straight away.

Science ships along the lines of the Vesta bundle, with a Rommy twist obvously. I would snap these up.

To be able to use allies BOFFs to train without having to to actually commission one of the type I want to use to train up my Rommy BOFFs.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Another thing I'd like to see (a really minor thing) is the Scimitar NPCs with green hull material. The jet-black versions don't look very Romulan; I can't picture Sela flying around in one. Same with the Falchion: would the Republic really choose a scary black dreadnought as their flagship?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    rexyfrexyf Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Another thing I'd like to see (a really minor thing) is the Scimitar NPCs with green hull material. The jet-black versions don't look very Romulan; I can't picture Sela flying around in one. Same with the Falchion: would the Republic really choose a scary black dreadnought as their flagship?

That raises the question, do Romulans/Remans perceive black as a "scary" color? Even on earth, color carries different connotations depending on the culture in question. ie, Many Eastern cultures see black/dark colors as positive colors.

As for my wishlist item, I'm going with other folks and saying Romulan Ground Set. Feds have M.A.C.O., Klinks have Honor Guard, Rommies should get a Praetorian Guard set or something like that.
  • Options
    peregryperegry Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rexyf wrote: »
    That raises the question, do Romulans/Remans perceive black as a "scary" color? Even on earth, color carries different connotations depending on the culture in question. ie, Many Eastern cultures see black/dark colors as positive colors.

As for my wishlist item, I'm going with other folks and saying Romulan Ground Set. Feds have M.A.C.O., Klinks have Honor Guard, Rommies should get a Praetorian Guard set or something like that.

Well, they probably associate green to most things earth cultures associate red to (passion, violence, etc) due to their blood being copper based. I don't know if that would affect more of their color spectrum views though.
  • Options
    ridinginkridingink Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Another two points, being said I understand the difficulties associated with the suggested changes.

Rom FED/KDF can team together... We are all Romulans, it just so happens some of us are our military liaisons to the FED or KDF, all of us are allies to both.

Also Rom FED/KDF should be able to trade with one another.
    bb8ec35.png

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, one thing to remember is that not all cultures on Earth associate black with death. Some, such as the Japanese, associate white with death.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rexyf wrote: »

peregry wrote: »
    Well, they probably associate green to most things earth cultures associate red to (passion, violence, etc) due to their blood being copper based. I don't know if that would affect more of their color spectrum views though.

This is part of the reason I made the color for the Tactical Division of the Tal'Diann green. The other part of my reason was that I've seen green given as the Romulan color for Tactical somewhere (I don't recall where at the moment).
    Well, one thing to remember is that not all cultures on Earth associate black with death. Some, such as the Japanese, associate white with death.

In the Highlands of Scotland, black or navy blue was the color traditionally worn by the bride at her wedding.
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A more impressive transformation for the aves dyson destroyer. Of the three dyson destroyers the Romulan one has the least impressive transformation. All it does is swivel it's guns around and extend it's warp Nacelle unlike the others that actually seal up the second deflector.
    Which was rather disappointing because it was the best looking of the three.:(
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    rexyfrexyf Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The color interpretations make sense when looked at in the right light.
    Black/dark=the color of fertile soil, and rain bringing clouds
    White/light= the pale of coldness/sickness, the color of bones.

You can imagine the Remans wouldn't have any particular negative sentiments about Black/dark. It's probably one of the more "comfortable" colors for their vision.

I also recall reading somewhere that while Romulans are capable of seeing roughly the same visual spectrum of colors as humans, they're psychologically/neurologically more comfortable with darker/deeper colors than humans identify with. And no, I unfortunately can't offer citation for that at the moment. XD
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some proper Reman vessels would be nice, I think that one comic 'countdown' or whatever it was called that Cryptic draws so much from had some in it. Right now the only Reman ship in the game is the Scimitar and the Scorpion...that's quite a gap of missing ship classes in between I think, ha. It would also help bulk out the relatively low ship count for the Republic.

A Romulan fighter (not shuttle) would be nice. Obviously we won't be seeing the T'liss fighter making a comeback, but it would be nice to have some kind of hanger pet alternative to the scorpion, as well as another form of fighter to choose from.

A full Romulan carrier.

Some sort of sense to how the uniforms work. It seems rather odd IMO that Cryptic decided that making separate uniforms for the KDF Roms and Fed Roms was a priority, while leaving so many other things untouched.

Full Tal Shiar Uniform Options

DS9 Romulan Uniforms

TNG Tal Shiar Uniforms-the C-store advertises this as being possible, but it lacks the harness and fabric texture to make actual Tal Shiar uniforms-only RSE military Uniform options are present.

Romulan Uniform options in the foundry.

Reman disruptor pistols and rifles.

More ship interiors. a TNG/DS9 era one would be nice.

Easier ways to obtain Boffs.

Off the top of my head right now.