Options

Bonus XP Weekend Event [Now Ended]

124»

Comments

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    To be fair, this event will be useful to some.

However, pretty uselss to most and not even close to being a fair replacement for what was lost when the hourlies went away.

Again to be fair, the hourlies needed some work.

However, there are serious problems with this every other weekend approach.

i agree with the alternate weekend events, the problem is not everyone can always do sto on a Saturday and Sunday so its only fair to also run it over Thursday Friday and Monday for people who might be only able to get some bonuses on those days, if the events were run every weekend in this fashion that would only leave Tuesday and Wednesday that were not bonus days.
    all of this would result in event overload and we would be in a situation that the events would not be something special anymore.

this is also so much better then the hourly events, I could probably count the amount of times I have benefited from hourly's on one hand, so far I have benefited over every weekend event and for far longer then 1 hour, dilithium weekend was awesome I made a ton of extra dil so much so that I am still refining dil from that event, marks weekend was also good extra fleet marks are always handy and though I don't really need any reputation marks they are handy for converting to more dil, extra xp is also handy for fleet and personal rep projects that there are sure to be more of in the future and the foundry weekend with bonus dil next time will also be good.

I just cant see whats not to like.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    Without the Mirror Event being brought back, the bonus xp weekend will have very little meaning.

I only have 200,000 xp left.

My reputation system sits as follows:

Dyson = Level 3.5
    Romulan = Level 2
    Nukara = Level 2
    Omega = Level 3

I belonged to a fleet for two days, and I didn't contribute xp to fleet holdings.

Once I hit level 50, I had around 700,000 xp.

I am now down to 200,000.

I would love to know how to get 5 million xp.

If I am unable to obtain more xp, I will have no means of progression.

Game over.

Mirror Universe event would have helped me BIG time.

at this minute my fed has over 12 million xp, my kdf has just under 10 million xp and my rom who is my most recent character has only 4 million xp.
    and all my characters have Tier 5 in all the current reps.
    I have also donated tons of xp to my fleets.

don't think I ever did the mirror event with any of my characters as far as I can recall.
    so I wonder how I managed to get so much xp?

by playing the game that's how, doing pve`s from the pve que, doing foundry missions, replaying story missions, doing reputation missions like stf`s and sphere ect and by clicking on the available tab and doing missions from there like aiding the deferi and such.

theres loads of means to progress if you go and look for them.

• Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    at this minute my fed has over 12 million xp, my kdf has just under 10 million xp and my rom who is my most recent character has only 4 million xp.

don't think I ever did the mirror event with any of my characters as far as I can recall.

by playing the game that's how, doing pve`s from the pve que, doing foundry missions, replaying story missions, doing reputation missions like stf`s and sphere ect and by clicking on the available tab and doing missions from there like aiding the deferi and such.

I have decided to not replay the episode missions. Since I got tired of them rather quickly, I didn't see a reason to do the missions over again.

After noticing the weekend events for the next four weeks, I have also decided to not come back for at least five weeks. I have no use for the Foundry and Bonus XP weekend events. I have other more important things to accomplish.

If the weekend events follow a certain pattern, I can see myself skipping four to five week intervals.

I will be back for the dilithium and marks weekend events. Maybe. As a result of progress slowing down to a snail's pace, I might decide to find another game to play. I had plans on buying another $40 in zen, but everything is moving too slowly. I do not want to waste my money on a slow moving game.

I want to play a game where progress is steadily made.

I also hate the reputation system's time gates.

Everything is moving along too slowly.

I am losing interest.

*notices "Dragon Age: Inquisition" is arriving soon*

No timegates and extensive grinding in "Dragon Age: Inquisition".

I will give Cryptic a week to solve their issues. I will silently vanish if nothing changes.
  • Options
    solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Some people have lives and can't play 24/7. Lol.
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The new bi-weekly event system sucks. Bring back the hourly rotating system!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    dessniper wrote: »
    Event weekends occur in four to five week cycles.

We will see the marks and dilithium bonus weekends in about three to four weeks.

I also think Cryptic nerfed the original reward system.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dessniper wrote: »

I think this weekend event is better as it means everyone gets to do something I enjoyed logging on and getting more dilithum every day for 5 days which helped me get consoles and then two weeks after the extra mars which helped me again in upgrading my fleet mine to tier 1. Although the XP one I'm not really a fan off it has alowed my romulan to get from lvl 18 to lvl 24 just doing doff missions.

While in the hourly events I was lucky if I would get the bonus marks and dilthium bonus plus the dilithium bonus was on everything during the weekend event in the hourly event it was just on mining,

So I don't know about anyone else bu I say this change is for the better.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    These Events have really sapped my interest in the game. I'm probably going to drop sub this month--I've not played in a week or more.

Why? Because with the old system, there was ALWAYS something to do, even if it wasn't my "usual". Want to play, but a bit bored? Pull up the rotating list of events that change on the hour--have some unexpected fun. That's why the Tour worked as an Event--you had hundreds of people racing, chatting, helping each other all at the same time, cramming in that little hour--it was like a little party. Now it's just a daily, part of the grind, solitary, uneventful.

I do not see a dozen starships racing across sector space. I see... myself. It's sad.

But this? This is... pathetic. This is WORK. This is three/four days of doing exactly one type of thing over and over and over while everyone else scrambles to try to min/max as well, and instead of making me explore the game and find new ways to play and to have fun, it feels like concentrated grind. The Dil one was productive, but not really fun--I wound up dreading the Mines and giving up, and kind of sick of all the players who had no clue how to do STFs blowing the Optionals over, and over, and over--or AFKing. I hadn't seen that in over a year until the Dil event. Even so, I figured I'd stockpile BNPs and Voth implants and slam Dyson--earn some nice spacebuxx off of it. But... when's it coming back? A month? Two? Three?? I dunno. And because that, and Marks, is all I'm personally concerned about, I kind of stop checking the calendar. Eventually I stop signing in at all.

It's like saying "Instead of having three meals a day, why not just binge eat once a month? Isn't that BETTER?!?!?!" Humans don't work like that.

For those that can't see why others are upset--it's not that we don't see value in what you personally could use--I have 2mil XP on one toon, but my alts need some. The problem is, with the hourly system, everyone got something they wanted once a day or more, in short bursts. It kept everyone engaged at all times--and it was easy to hop on and say "Oh, Bonus Marks in an hour, I can kill some time".

No one has said "Oh, bonus Marks in five weeks. I'll just do something else for... a month".

This way, you might be happy this weekend, but you won't be engaged on the next event, or maybe the next one, etc. Instead of all of us in-game a few minutes/hours from what we want, we're now looking at WEEKS between it. And that's just too much time.

If these were weekly, it'd not be so bad. If these were scheduled out so we knew when/what was coming, it might be better (but still too long). But every two weeks, and it looks like 2 months between Dil and Marks events? It's just not going to work.

Keep the Weekends, make them EVERY Weekend, and PUT BACK IN HOURLIES DURING THE WEEK. Because I went from "holy-cow-gung-ho!" late last year to "haven't played in a week, and really don't care to" this month.

What I'm saying is, I don't think this is optimal for anyone, and it's far less optimal or engaging for most. Net loss all around.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    topset wrote: »
    Yep. I'm sure their data shows that the "hourly" mark event (which was actually 4 hours) was by FAR the most played thing, and it looks like it's now once every 2 months.

System is easy to fix.

Make it every weekend.

Dilithium
    Other
    Marks
    Other
    Dilithium
    Other
    Marks
    Other
    Repeat until the end of time.

There you go cryptic, I saved you a bunch of meetings.

way too much I`m still refining dilithium from the lasts weekend, still have over 100k to go.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Some people have lives and can't play 24/7. Lol.

I don't play 24/7 either famof LeL

I do play a couple of hours each day if I can but it wouldn't matter if I could only play 1 hour a week, you can still get the same results over the same amount of gameplay hours, it will just take someone who can only play for 1 hour a week that much longer in real time and that's how it should be.
    it would seem a bit strange if a player who played only one hour a week progressed at the same rate as someone who plays 1 or 2 hours a day.

and if any player plays less then 1 or 2 hours a day the hourly's are not going to help you much anyway because to really benefit from the hourly's you do have to play 24/7 as more often then not the ones that you want are running either while you are at work or when you are in bed, that's why hardly anyone ever played them, the prime reason cryptic dumped them in favour of weekend events in the first place.
    at least with the weekend events everyone should be able to benefit from them even if they only play for 1 hour a week, unless they only play on Tuesday or Wednesday that is.

• Options
    senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't play 24/7 either famof LeL

I do play a couple of hours each day if I can but it wouldn't matter if I could only play 1 hour a week, you can still get the same results over the same amount of gameplay hours, it will just take someone who can only play for 1 hour a week that much longer in real time and that's how it should be.
    it would seem a bit strange if a player who played only one hour a week progressed at the same rate as someone who plays 1 or 2 hours a day.

and if any player plays less then 1 or 2 hours a day the hourly's are not going to help you much anyway because to really benefit from the hourly's you do have to play 24/7 as more often then not the ones that you want are running either while you are at work or when you are in bed, that's why hardly anyone ever played them, the prime reason cryptic dumped them in favour of weekend events in the first place.
    at least with the weekend events everyone should be able to benefit from them even if they only play for 1 hour a week, unless they only play on Tuesday or Wednesday that is.

1) People who only play one hour a week are not Cryptic's customers, nor are they anywhere near the majority of players. So, it's kind of inconsequential.

2) Most people are not trying to max every system at the same time--they want either Marks and/or Dil and/or XP and/or CXP or some combination--but not usually all.

3) With the old system, it wouldn't matter WHICH day you had your hour to play--there was always a way for you to get some of what you wanted. Now, there's 6-8 weeks (or more, we really don't know) between them--so it's far worse.

There should be something for everyone, no matter how they play. That's not the case now--and people who want to play often, and pay to do so, are getting their potential benefit cut down drastically.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    senselocke wrote: »
    There should be something for everyone, no matter how they play. That's not the case now--and people who want to play often, and pay to do so, are getting their potential benefit cut down drastically.
    Prior to the changes going into affect, I bought around $60 worth of zen. I wanted to buy more zen; however, the slow progression of this game changed my mind.

I am trying to think about what to do with another $40. Do I put more money into "Star Trek: Online", or do I put it towards an entirely different game?

I think the timegates, high resource requirements, and slow progression kill the game. If I am having a hard time gathering resources, while looking at a 20 hour timer, I am going to find an entirely different game to play. I am not going to stick around, so I can wait for water to boil. I have better things to accomplish.

I know I might be in the minority, but I believe players want to make 'steady' progress.

I am currently looking at Omega T4/T5 and Dyson T4/T5, and I am thinking that the hill is too high to climb. I am barely thinking about Romulan T2 and Nukara T3.

I have the money to play "STO".

I just do not have the time.

I really do not care if I am in the minority.

I have no problem with moving onto an entirely different game.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    These Events have really sapped my interest in the game. I'm probably going to drop sub this month--I've not played in a week or more.
    Probably wise. Why would you even need it?
    This is three/four days of doing exactly one type of thing over and over and over while everyone else scrambles to try to min/max as well, and instead of making me explore the game and find new ways to play and to have fun, it feels like concentrated grind.
    That's cuz it *IS* concentrated grind.
    But... when's it coming back? A month? Two? Three?? I dunno. And because that, and Marks, is all I'm personally concerned about, I kind of stop checking the calendar. Eventually I stop signing in at all.
    Ayup, that's sort of the outcome I predicted would happen.
    It's like saying "Instead of having three meals a day, why not just binge eat once a month? Isn't that BETTER?!?!?!" Humans don't work like that.
    Well, *I'D* like doing that, but apparently it gives me horrible constipation issues.
    No one has said "Oh, bonus Marks in five weeks. I'll just do something else for... a month".
    Actually, a lot of people HAVE said that. The problem? That "something else" is "Not STO", and after a month of Not STO, people start to simply drop STO from their entire to-do list completely, and don't return. Didn't they want us to login every day? I wonder what the Holy Metrics say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Our Bonus XP Event is now over. We hope you enjoyed it, and earned yourself a lot of expertise to use in your Reputation Projects, or how ever you plan on spending your bonus rewards.

Thanks again Captains!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Our Bonus XP Event is now over. We hope you enjoyed it, and earned yourself a lot of expertise to use in your Reputation Projects, or how ever you plan on spending your bonus rewards.

Thanks again Captains!

~CaptainSmirk

tell us what the next rep is and how much expertise it'll take.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    raphlav18 wrote: »
    this double xp thing is TRIBBLE me over actually

tried starting a romulan character and needless to say i was progressing in rank way faster than the game expects you too... at the end of the very first tutorial mission i was already rank 3, and i was 10 at the end of the tutorial arc... thing is you're supposed to get the tier 2 ship through the storyline at the end of the arc after that... so what happened was i was facing tier 2 enemies in a tier 1 ship... i got stuck

I noticed this as well doing the same thing. It was pretty amusing actually - due to the enemies ranking up much faster than my ship, even on normal mode I was reduced to hit and run tactics in several missions rather than pew-pewing my way through. And it was kind of funny to get subnuc'd while in one of the low tier ships.

Seeing a swarm of high yield plasmas coming at you while in the tier 2 ship though... :eek:
This discussion has been closed.