test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus XP Weekend Event [Now Ended]

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
NOW ENDED - We were running a special weekend event where you could earn bonus XP by playing content throughout the game! This event runs until Monday, March 10th, 2014 at 10AM PST.

During the event, content that provides skill points and expertise will reward a 100% (2x) bonus above normal amounts – this bonus is available for all content that rewards skill points and expertise.

We hope you enjoy this special event and we'll see you in-game!

Link to Blog
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thx good to know. Sadly all my chars are max lvl so not sure for whom this is going to be interesting but have fun all with that.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yay, I guess?

Would have made more sense to run this at the same time as the return of the Mirror Universe Incursion queue, really, but whatever.
    Thx good to know. Sadly all my chars are max lvl so not sure for whom this is going to be interesting but have fun all with that.

You still need Expertise for Reputation projects and Fleet projects.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This will help some people that need either characters leveled up or need expertise for the various projects that require them. I know I have a few characters that need to be leveled up.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, guys! I definitely will use this with my Reman, to get her to max quickly.

I want to try out an eng Scimitar, just for kicks. :D
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I honestly dont see the point to this, leveling is already a joke and almost everyone I know has over 5mil exp just sitting around. Even with Fleet and Reputation projects exp isent hard to get.
    Another Cryptic bad joke. I have 1,497,000 million XP on one character. Why would I need any more?
  • kahless2001kahless2001 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some of you are just really bad people when it comes to things you don't find useful.

This is as much about expertise as it is about skill points.

There are many people who need expertise to complete their Reputation system projects, me included.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gilion wrote: »
    I honestly dont see the point to this, leveling is already a joke and almost everyone I know has over 5mil exp just sitting around. Even with Fleet and Reputation projects exp isent hard to get.
    Another Cryptic bad joke. I have 1,497,000 million XP on one character. Why would I need any more?

Wow, complaining about a free bonus, LOL.

Guys. There are plenty of people who have characters that they have yet to get to 50 who will jump at this chance. There are people with alts. People who just don't have much playing time. Et cetera.

This may not be as awesome as the dil weekend or the bonus marks weekends, but I feel that it is worth it.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    To be fair, this event will be useful to some.

However, pretty uselss to most and not even close to being a fair replacement for what was lost when the hourlies went away.

Again to be fair, the hourlies needed some work.

However, there are serious problems with this every other weekend approach.
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Although I do think leveling is already way too fast in this game, such an event is good for new players or those that have alts just hanging around. These types of events work well in other games because leveling is slower. So I think this really benefits the new player, which is fine.

I really wish there was something here for the long-term players as well. I mean, I could level another alt I have two open character slots, but with 9 toons and how alt unfriendly this game already is I really don't see the need. I too, also have enough XP to last me through the rep systems.

Perhaps next go around add something for the players already at max level. Maybe add in CXP from doffing??
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I for one are happy that my level 20 KDF can now finally level. I don't have the time to pay attention to him normally, but this will finally give me a quick shot at getting to 50. Gotta love my real life.

So thank you Cryptic.

Also, my fleet is gonna be happy for the reputation and the various upgrade projects that are running. They want to contribute as well, so I can't keep putting in my personal millions of xp.
    edited March 2014
    Starting tomorrow, Thursday, March 6th, 2014 at 10AM, we will be running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus XP by playing content throughout the game! This event runs until Monday, March 10th, 2014 at 10AM PST.

During the event, content that provides skill points and expertise will reward a 100% (2x) bonus above normal amounts – this bonus is available for all content that rewards skill points and expertise.

Link to Blog

Why on earth was CXP excluded from this?
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Starting tomorrow, Thursday, March 6th, 2014 at 10AM, we will be running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus XP by playing content throughout the game! This event runs until Monday, March 10th, 2014 at 10AM PST.

Link to Blog
    Without the Mirror Event being brought back, the bonus xp weekend will have very little meaning.
    gilion wrote: »
    I only have 200,000 xp left.

My reputation system sits as follows:

Dyson = Level 3.5
    Romulan = Level 2
    Nukara = Level 2
    Omega = Level 3

I belonged to a fleet for two days, and I didn't contribute xp to fleet holdings.

Once I hit level 50, I had around 700,000 xp.

I am now down to 200,000.

I would love to know how to get 5 million xp.

If I am unable to obtain more xp, I will have no means of progression.

Game over.

Mirror Universe event would have helped me BIG time.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    Without the Mirror Event being brought back, the bonus xp weekend will have very little meaning.

Yeah true that. That and red alerts have been broken since season 7 they won't see much action out of this weekend event although new alts really need the experise. Most likely I'll just fill them up with doff missions and that'll be it like i normally do to get expertise since mirror went away.
  • marrrtinsmarrrtins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Completely pointless weekend event, so easy to collect these points from episodes, dailies, stf's, doff missions etc... getting a toon to lvl 50 should take 15 - 20 hours of playing time and getting points for running all rep programs at once is no issue. This really should have been a daily event as there is no value for anyone other than the new players.

With the next weekend event being a Foundry event I guess March is a complete right off for bonus weekends and means events with some value to most players (dil / mark weekends) are at best going to be once every 3 months.

How about a lobi weekend event? I think lots of players would appreciate that and find it off some value
  • livinrtblivinrtb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ya been waiting for an XP weekend to lvl up #17 & #18

1,497,000 on one toon...lol did you just start playing, I got over that on 9 toons and so do many others.
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah true that. That and red alerts have been broken since season 7 they won't see much action out of this weekend event although new alts really need the experise. Most likely I'll just fill them up with doff missions and that'll be it like i normally do to get expertise since mirror went away.
    I currently have only one avatar. If I am unable to keep progressing, I will not be able to complete the reputation system. Creating a second avatar will not help.

I have plans on finishing up a few episodes.

I might do some episode reruns, so that I can get around the xp drought.

Mirror Universe was such a blessing for casual players.
  • mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    marrrtins wrote: »
    How about a lobi weekend event? I think lots of players would appreciate that and find it off some value

I imagine we'll see a 'feature episode replay' for Lobi again... at some point.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks cryptic! This will be good for the hr I play during weekdays..... oh wait real life getting In the way again! Pesky real life...
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited March 2014
    It's an absolute travesty that CXP from doffing is excluded from this. It has been about a year since there was any cxp bonus event. Adding cxp would certainly make the weekend more useful to many more players, perhaps even getting some into doffing who otherwise don't.
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i agree. cxp should've been included with this weekend's event.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When you guys announced on Tribble that you're adding 2 more weekend types, it made sense to slot them in between the Mark and Dilithium weekends. Adding these after those weekends, keeping the dead weakend between them is nonsense. Every weekend needs an event, with a particular type reoccurring once every 4 weeks.
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's an absolute travesty that CXP from doffing is excluded from this. It has been about a year since there was any cxp bonus event. Adding cxp would certainly make the weekend more useful to many more players, perhaps even getting some into doffing who otherwise don't.

You read it here first people, apparently this is what an ABSOLUTE TRAVESTY is.
  • dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    this cant gone on much longer the queues are empty during the week

cxp will be its own weekend event

bring back the hourly Steve
    edited March 2014
    When you guys announced on Tribble that you're adding 2 more weekend types, it made sense to slot them in between the Mark and Dilithium weekends. Adding these after those weekends, keeping the dead weakend between them is nonsense. Every weekend needs an event, with a particular type reoccurring once every 4 weeks.

I imagine Darth Geko and Borticus had a bet.

Who can cause the first player to die of apoplexy at how obviously shallow their commtment to the players is.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So Mirror Invasion Event is not coming this week?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    However, there are serious problems with this every other weekend approach.

Yep. I'm sure their data shows that the "hourly" mark event (which was actually 4 hours) was by FAR the most played thing, and it looks like it's now once every 2 months.

System is easy to fix.

Make it every weekend.

Dilithium
    Other
    Marks
    Other
    Dilithium
    Other
    Marks
    Other
    Repeat until the end of time.

There you go cryptic, I saved you a bunch of meetings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for the bonus XP weekend. I have three people who need it to finish reputation. I also have four new toons I started to fly the new science ships that need to get leveled up and do reps.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    venkou wrote: »

P.S the mirror universe event is dead.

They will "revamp" it, give it an hourly or half-hourly cooldown, and nobody will be able to use it for levelling anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited March 2014
    topset wrote: »
    Yep. I'm sure their data shows that the "hourly" mark event (which was actually 4 hours) was by FAR the most played thing, and it looks like it's now once every 2 months.

System is easy to fix.

Make it every weekend.

Dilithium
    Other
    Marks
    Other
    Dilithium
    Other
    Marks
    Other
    Repeat until the end of time.

There you go cryptic, I saved you a bunch of meetings.

That would work for me.

Then the off weeks could be as niche as they want.
This discussion has been closed.