What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus XP Weekend Event [Now Ended]

Comments

• ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    topset wrote: »
    P.S the mirror universe event is dead.

They will "revamp" it, give it an hourly or half-hourly cooldown, and nobody will be able to use it for levelling anymore.

Figures. When should we expect the rev-amp, 2 years from now? And considering how they rev-amped the Galaxy-X, I would imagine the event would suck.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ak255 wrote: »
    FWhen should we expect the rev-amp, 2 years from now?

How long did it take them to do the Crystalline event? Many many months. That long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Might not be useful to everybody, but I'm grateful for it. Being part of a small fleet with only myself and one other active contributor, plus rep systems for all of my characters (because you know, completionist) EXP is a prized commodity for me.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    The new system is going to take a while to get used to. The changes are designed to improve the companies revenue stream as 'event' marketing does increase the user base, which plays a role in increased revenue.

So for that reason alone, I can live with it. Keep the game alive. Keep the IP strong.

Having said that, you dropped the ball on the Gal-x reboot Cryptic.
  • dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't think many people outside cryptic consider this to be an "event"
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We need the original calendar events back.

Cryptic can just delete the ones that we do not use.

I do not want to wait for an event weekend, so I can get more xp, dilithium, marks, etc...

I will just find some other game to play.

I hope they resolve this issue soon.

I want to play 'STO" on my time.

I do not want to wait for Cryptic's events.
    edited March 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    We need the original calendar events back.

Cryptic can just delete the ones that we do not use.

I do not want to wait for an event weekend, so I can get more xp, dilithium, marks, etc...

I will just find some other game to play.

I hope they resolve this issue soon.

I want to play 'STO" on my time.

I do not want to wait for Cryptic's events.

yeah its just a matter of time this can't go on much longer
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2014

For those who have newer alts with not much expertise it might have been considered an event if they had put mirror in atleast for the event but doesn't seem like they are even going to do that. It's like having the kids at the birthday party sit down for cake without having a cake.
    edited March 2014
    For those who have newer alts with not much expertise it might have been considered an event if they had put mirror in atleast for the event but doesn't seem like they are even going to do that. It's like having the kids at the birthday party sit down for cake without having a cake.

well cryptic doesn't have a history of catering to the minority they might as well have a pvp weekend, they cant be excepting big numbers for this
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cryptic, PWE, & CaptainSmirk,

Some people haven't learned that "you can't please everyone." So, all those who complain that it's a "bad joke" and don't appreciate this weekend's bonus XP can sit and be ungrateful.

I, however, appreciate this event and will stockpile the XP on toons that are already max level so I can use them in the REP projects... And the other FED toon I just started will get to use that D'Kyr he's been dreaming of much quicker...

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well in thinking about it I really do hope not including CXP was an oversight and it will be fixed before the event goes live.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What happened to bringing Mirror Universe incursion back for XP? Instead we get this TRIBBLE once a month if we are lucky? No incentive to make new toons whatsoever.
  • tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some of the posts in this thread are hilarious, mostly just gloating about having a buttload of XP.

"Oh, derpity derp, Bill Gates has tens of billions of dollars, so why would anybody else need money?" :rolleyes:
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I see in two weeks we have a foundry weekend event. News flash. If people didn't play this for the hour it was up in the old method they wont play it for a weekend now even for slightly better rewards. Whats next month a Vault Shuttle event followed by a Crafting event?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for this. My Fed and KDF really don't need the EXP due to they farmed Dil for so long for ship and away team gear. However my Romulan really needs the boost. Since I hadn't farmed as much. So this will help her out a lot on the Romulan projects.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Well in thinking about it I really do hope not including CXP was an oversight and it will be fixed before the event goes live.

That'll probably get it's own dedicated weekend. Because you know, we can't have the marks or dilithium events more than twice a year so they need to pad it all out.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm sure its valuable to some, but for me, I probably won't notice a 100% bonus in either.

I can usually only play for an hour or two at a time, especially on weekends, and the few missions I would be able to run would not have a noticeable impact on my progress.

I really wish we had the hour-by-hour system back for most of the events....
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ah nice. Just started a new character up yesterday. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend now. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm sure its valuable to some, but for me, I probably won't notice a 100% bonus in either.

I can usually only play for an hour or two at a time, especially on weekends, and the few missions I would be able to run would not have a noticeable impact on my progress.

I really wish we had the hour-by-hour system back for most of the events....

I'm in the same boat as you. Which I'm lucky to get 4 hours per week and its all on Weekends. But every little bit helps, even the Dil one helped as it paid for 2 items for my Romulan, and 1 for my Fed. At least it will offer a little boost for me this weekend.

The hourly thing was ok, but most of the time I was missing out on the events. Since the ones I wanted rarely showed up. At least this I can get a chance for the event. Now to make them during the week for those groups as well.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well cryptic doesn't have a history of catering to the minority they might as well have a pvp weekend, they cant be excepting big numbers for this

Yeah its just the new EP's test/or way of trying to get some altitude on the downward spiral trend of the last four years. I will say LoR did give the game some momentum but then season 8 came and took a nose dive. These events are just designed to try to lure people back in that haven't been following the game in a long long time.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This weekend event is about as impotent as the Foundry weekend event in two weeks. What happened to Cryptic getting rid of those bonus events that nobody plays? I already have 14m xp. Why in the world do I need to participate in an event that is useless and worthless to me? I suspect that 80% of my fellow players in-game feel the same way.

Thanks for another huge fail, Cryptic.

Even the Foundry event next up is useless unless Cryptic plans on suspending or removing the CD period for Foundry episode missions. I'm just not impressed, especially coming out of the failed Season 8.5 launch, which all we got was a free ship you had to grind for and a single episode mission.

WOW!

Howabout fixing the bug infested Defera Invasion Zone? However removing the cooldown for Tour the Galaxy? Howabout returning the Kerret Dilithium Mining? Cryptic has nerfed so much of this game that the only thing us experienced players do now is farm for FMs, dilithium or we park in front of the exchange, scarfing up the cheap Master Keys.

It's a good thing that Cryptic doesn't listen to the STO gamers, otherwise this game might actually be fun to play.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh look, another that thinks every event should cater just for them...
  • warlockx1warlockx1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Such butt hurt in this thread.

I don't say this often...but thanks Cryptic. While I have two Level 50s, I also have a level 30 Gorn, Level 23-4ish Rom/Fed, Level 11 Rom/Kling, Level 4 Fed and Level 2 Fed. I stopped playing when we had our little one and now that he's bout a 1.5 I'm finding some free time and what do you now I found this runs great on the work laptop during out of town jobs in a hotel :)

Now if I can only get enough play time to make good use of it this weekend lol
  • blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'll actually get some mileage out of this event, so thanks devs. I've got a few toons in need of quick exp and it will be nice to get more out of the patrols and STF's. I might even finish leveling a few of my babies.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Will not be playing any extra STO this weekend, just the normal dailies to get my Dilithium and then I'm out. My main character has nearly 50 million XP and my other toons have millions too. I'm not interested in the foundry weekend either so looks I will not be playing STO much in March. :(
  • ogremindesogremindes Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Starting tomorrow, Thursday, March 6th, 2014 at 10AM, we will be running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus XP by playing content throughout the game! This event runs until Monday, March 10th, 2014 at 10AM PST.

During the event, content that provides skill points and expertise will reward a 100% (2x) bonus above normal amounts – this bonus is available for all content that rewards skill points and expertise.

We hope you enjoy this special event and we'll see you in-game!

Link to Blog

Gah. In the future can this be something that's opt in? The levelling pace of this game is already problematic, and in general I dislike XP boosts because they TRIBBLE up pacing one way or the other.

Speaking of which, is there any way to turn off the veteran skill point boost?
  • blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tick0 wrote: »
    Some of the posts in this thread are hilarious, mostly just gloating about having a buttload of XP.

"Oh, derpity derp, Bill Gates has tens of billions of dollars, so why would anybody else need money?" :rolleyes:

I felt that this really was worth repeating.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    This weekend event is about as impotent as the Foundry weekend event in two weeks. What happened to Cryptic getting rid of those bonus events that nobody plays? I already have 14m xp. Why in the world do I need to participate in an event that is useless and worthless to me? I suspect that 80% of my fellow players in-game feel the same way.

Thanks for another huge fail, Cryptic..

Even the Foundry event next up is useless unless Cryptic plans on suspending or removing the CD period for Foundry episode missions. I'm just not impressed, especially coming out of the failed Season 8.5 launch, which all we got was a free ship you had to grind for and a single episode mission.

WOW!

One mans meat is another mans poison.

It may be useless to you but others may actually be grateful for. There was a thread last week asking for this type of weekend as people had actually ran out of expertise. I don't need more expertise, but then again I am not going to pull a percentage number out of my thin air to try and back myself up.

I responded in that thread wondering what they were doing to get the stuff. Pointing out other methods to get it if they didn't already know them. I even said I had a sneaking suspicion this type of weekend would come up, just not when.

To those maxed out on all reps the marks weekend would have been useless. Yes they can be used to convert to dil, but there are faster ways to make dil than marks conversion.

There are those with a massive back log of dil to refine so they would not have taken advantage of the bonus dil weekend until they have cleared hat back log. To those types the bonus dil weekend was useless.

They didn't remove the cool down for marks missions nor the mining "mission" and those can be longer than one hour. why would they need to remove the foundry one? It could get more people playing the foundry and who knows we could end up with a couple more good mission authors.

I would like them to fix Defera invasion zone. It's been asked for for years, it is unlikely they are going to anything about it.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hourly events = :D

W/end events = :(
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2014
    Wow

I am so happy all of my toons are leveled and all my reputations are finished

I really Feel for all of you still having to grid thru all of that

Good luck and keep the wind at your back
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
This discussion has been closed.