What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonus XP Weekend Event [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    keirstekeirste Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Another Cryptic bad joke. I have 1,497,000 million XP on one character. Why would I need any more?

i have like 2000 on my new engineering character...so maybe you don't need any more, but your not the only one playing the game now are you ;)
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is it possible to opt out of the bonus XP and still play? I already think characters advance in level to quick as it is, now my alts are on hold until this weekend is over because I don't want them hitting level 50 by the end of the day.
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have MILLIONS of XP on all of my main toons so this event is totally useless for me.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Great, a useless xp event xD.

I never understood why the xp events are "events". Once you reach level 50, you will never look for xp points ever, because they come by itself. Doing your regular play. I ended with more than 1 million xp when i reached level 50 on my klingon toon. On my fed one i have about 6 million xp.. and growing.

I mean, it doesnt matter what i do to spent the xp, i keep gaining more and more lol.

People who are sort of xp points at some point of the game, obviously they are doing something really really wrong xD.

I even dont understand, for example, why fleet project doesnt require more xp points. Seeing so easy is to gather xp. Its really dumb to see a 60.000 xp requirements for a tier 3 dilithium mine project, for example. xD, that will be another handicap to the fleet members to have another resource to contribute, but unfortunately, those ammounts of xp requirements are a joke.

Seriously, what a waste of weekend on this event.. sigh.

It should be like the tour the galaxy one, a daily event. Please, put some other events more useful in the weekend slot, not this..
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I won't get any use out of this weekend at all. I know people are like "level an alt." I actually enjoy the process of leveling on its own. I hate power leveling. I like taking my time when leveling a character up. I find it to be fun in itself.

I think the main issue is that if there are new players using this to power level a character - that may be fine for them but not good for the community. One of the reasons why there is leveling to begin with is to give someone a chance to grow with their character so they can learn how to use them correctly. Even now there are level 50 characters who are just awful at their jobs and who constantly mess up runs. The idea to leveling is to get better over time. If you just start throwing people to level 50, they may assume (And yes, I have seen it) that they can just go into an elite run and do fine. They almost never do fine. Most times they TRIBBLE up runs and pull entire rooms or ruin an optional all because they never did the normal run before jumping into the elite runs.

I know some of you will say the elites are easy. Well, if you've done them a hundred times, of course they will be easy. However, for a new player with a single level 50, something like Khitomer in Stasis Elite will eat them alive and probably ruin the run for the group. I've seen far too many new 50s do this.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Levelling is not the only reason to use XP. As has been stated several times over, some people do struggle for XP what with all the Rep requirements and Starbase projects (if you're not in a large fleet, projects that require 5 million EXP at a time are quite time consuming).

For everybody saying "this event is useless, I don't need it", do you play every single piece of content in the game? The answer is likely no, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist or isn't used by other people. There will always be events that some people are not interested in, personally I wont take advantage of the Foundry event but I know other people who will so it's there for them not for me.

At the end of the day, the events being given aren't really the problem, it's the time between them that's a major issue because it means more people are waiting longer periods of time to get an event they actually want. Don't hate the events, hate the system.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My new KDF Gorn, named Geoffrey, thanks you. :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It has begun!

Enjoy your Bonus XP weekend everyone!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the bonus it will do my alt but wish it would give something more the exp points
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Levelling is not the only reason to use XP. As has been stated several times over, some people do struggle for XP what with all the Rep requirements and Starbase projects (if you're not in a large fleet, projects that require 5 million EXP at a time are quite time consuming).

For everybody saying "this event is useless, I don't need it", do you play every single piece of content in the game? The answer is likely no, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist or isn't used by other people. There will always be events that some people are not interested in, personally I wont take advantage of the Foundry event but I know other people who will so it's there for them not for me.

At the end of the day, the events being given aren't really the problem, it's the time between them that's a major issue because it means more people are waiting longer periods of time to get an event they actually want. Don't hate the events, hate the system.

Its not a question of some people like or need this some others dont. An xp event is useless because you can gain xp without even trying to do so lol. I mean, only doing some exploration missions, doing doffs, doing dilithium farming you already are gaining xp. Doing some missions in some places, only rewards you xp, for example in Defera. All the borg alerts gives you extra xp, and more than in other missions. I mean, unless you are stucked doing only 1 thing every day for a long time, its almost impossible for anybody to feel the need of more experience points.

Events like dilithium boost, or mark, i understand these. But xp??? lol.

In my opinion cryptic should replace the xp event for a revamped "tour the universe" even with more EC rewards. EC is more important and even more difficult to gather than xp xDDDD.

I will say that only doing my daily dilithium farming tour, i gather enough xp to hold on for years lol.

As someone said, xp event is only useful for people leveling other toons. But again, how is that funny??? its fast enough in STO to level a characther and people wanst to level it even faster? i dont get it. Then people will complain that they are bored.. right.
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It has begun!

Enjoy your Bonus XP weekend everyone!

~CaptainSmirk

Did CXP get included?
  • Options
    projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We are currently running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus XP by playing content throughout the game! This event runs until Monday, March 10th, 2014 at 10AM PST.

During the event, content that provides skill points and expertise will reward a 100% (2x) bonus above normal amounts – this bonus is available for all content that rewards skill points and expertise.

We hope you enjoy this special event and we'll see you in-game!

Link to Blog

has doffs?

will travel.
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nearly level twenty on a fresh toon already. I am loving this event. :D
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Perfect time to start a new toon. I got to level 5 just on the tutorial.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh sweet! Bonus XP!

I can grow my 15 million XP up to 16, easy!

Stashing away big time cause it's worth lots of dili/FM/EC I'm sure...
    O_o
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    An xp event is useless because you can gain xp without even trying to do so lol. I mean, only doing some exploration missions, doing doffs, doing dilithium farming you already are gaining xp. Doing some missions in some places, only rewards you xp, for example in Defera. All the borg alerts gives you extra xp, and more than in other missions. I mean, unless you are stucked doing only 1 thing every day for a long time, its almost impossible for anybody to feel the need of more experience points.

In my opinion cryptic should replace the xp event for a revamped "tour the universe" even with more EC rewards. EC is more important and even more difficult to gather than xp xDDDD.

I will say that only doing my daily dilithium farming tour, i gather enough xp to hold on for years lol.

As someone said, xp event is only useful for people leveling other toons. But again, how is that funny??? its fast enough in STO to level a characther and people wanst to level it even faster? i dont get it. Then people will complain that they are bored.. right.

Again, it depends on the individual player. I run a lot of alts (currently at 14). I am in a small fleet, only two of us are actively contributing (yes we could join a larger fleet, but we've all been friends and played together for much longer than STO has existed and that's how we chose to continue) so between running the Rep system on all of my characters and contributing millions of XP to fleet projects I personally am a fan of this event because it will give me that little boost this weekend to save me some grind during the week.

Yes, it may not be the *most* beneficial event in the history of the game, but to me and to others it is not 'useless'. Personally, I just think the real issue is the new 'event system'. Having only one event every two weeks for four days really isn't enough to ever satisfy all players. Not everybody will be free to play the game when the event they need is on, not everybody has weekends off to play the game in the first place etc. I miss being able to log on any day of the week when I had free time and see what was running that I may or may not want to go and do, instead of waiting two weeks between such an event and then finding it may be something I'm not overly needing so I have to wait another two weeks for the next event.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    tengufangirl1tengufangirl1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ... its almost impossible for anybody to feel the need of more experience points.

Work for a few hours. Buy ZEN, sell it for dilithium. Or buy fleet ship modules/master keys, sell on the exchange for EC.
    As opposed to spend hours and hours and hours and hours to level a new character. All the PvE in the game was real fun with the first 3 characters, but my 4th is just for PvP. I just couldn't bring myself to grind past level 45 for months. Even my 2nd and 3rd characters were constantly running out of expertise, but dilithium or marks were never a problem. This event is excellent for me, and for everyone else who isn't just a freeloader in his entire life.
  • Options
    cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Anybody else having issues with the bonus xp weekend.

I keep having some missions when accepted give me "double xp" but then when turned in, just give me regular xp rewards.
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited March 2014
    Anybody else having issues with the bonus xp weekend.

I keep having some missions when accepted give me "double xp" but then when turned in, just give me regular xp rewards.

Are you turning the mission in to the contact in sector space or still in the mission map. Sector space is where you should turn them in as inside the mission map can cause strange things to happen from time to time.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    Once I hit level 50, I had around 700,000 xp.

I am now down to 200,000.

I would love to know how to get 5 million xp.

I think that I got most of my xp just by doffing. Heck, I did a fair amount of my levelling by doffing as well.
    (Both my Andorian and Reman are at T5 in all reps, and the appropriate marks were much more of a hinderance than experience.
  • Options
    neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seems to me like the Double Experience is a bit of a joke since it's nowhere near as easy to rank up as the Hourly Mirror Universe event was.
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Am I the only one who misses Mirror Invasion and feels like we lost out with this deal?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    genhauk wrote: »
    Am I the only one who misses Mirror Invasion and feels like we lost out with this deal?

Nope I miss it as well I used to really enjoy it.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Yep, miss it because it was more fun way to gain experience fast without having to casual grind several toon's.
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Personally I prefer this event to Mirror, which I had not anticipated beforehand. I've got a level 31 brand-new toon already, and will likely cap her and two previously unfinished toons by Monday night. Granted I am able to work from home so I don't claim that my experience trumps that of anyone else, but these events are working out very well for me.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have no issue with an XP weekend, but I do wish that every weekend was an event weekend instead of just every other weekend.
  • Options
    cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are you turning the mission in to the contact in sector space or still in the mission map. Sector space is where you should turn them in as inside the mission map can cause strange things to happen from time to time.

Both. And whats even stranger is that if you go to the "In Progress Section" and look at the rewards, they don't match the xp the mission actually gives me. :mad:
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    raphlav18raphlav18 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    this double xp thing is TRIBBLE me over actually

tried starting a romulan character and needless to say i was progressing in rank way faster than the game expects you too... at the end of the very first tutorial mission i was already rank 3, and i was 10 at the end of the tutorial arc... thing is you're supposed to get the tier 2 ship through the storyline at the end of the arc after that... so what happened was i was facing tier 2 enemies in a tier 1 ship... i got stuck

i deleted my character and will make a new one monday
  • Options
    pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    raphlav18 wrote: »
    this double xp thing is TRIBBLE me over actually

tried starting a romulan character and needless to say i was progressing in rank way faster than the game expects you too... at the end of the very first tutorial mission i was already rank 3, and i was 10 at the end of the tutorial arc... thing is you're supposed to get the tier 2 ship through the storyline at the end of the arc after that... so what happened was i was facing tier 2 enemies in a tier 1 ship... i got stuck

i deleted my character and will make a new one monday

I just started new rom and managed to get all way through to rank 20 in the initial ship your given
  • Options
    raphlav18raphlav18 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pet1e86 wrote: »
    I just started new rom and managed to get all way through to rank 20 in the initial ship your given

Yeah that's the thing that almost happened (probably 2 missions away), except at the start of the search for new romulus i just couldn't defeat the nausicaan ships. I guess i could have whittled down their health little by little (probably dying a lot) but i said TRIBBLE it it'S gonna take too long. plus that kind of disadvantage would only get worse as i got further...

Good on you if you managed it, but that's not something i'd enjoy doing
This discussion has been closed.